Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Grass Menagerie! (505)

The attack Roserade used to trip Turtwig was Extrasensory. Budew learns it as an egg move, and I heard Gardenia say it, then Roserade's eyes glew, and moved the grass. Grass Knot was when she tripped Aipom after.

She didn't say 'Extrasensory', because that particular attack isn't even called 'Extrasensory' in japan (Jintsuuriki).
    She said 'Kusamusubi'. Which, lo and behold, is what they call Grass Knot on those shores.
    Last edited by Gravy; 19th August 2007 at 12:12 PM.

This ep is going to be ok, Im glad she is in more than one episode.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by reehee View Post
    Sounded a bit harsh, but I think that's right...

Ash was more focused on showing off to Paul what he can do, rather than what he really was aiming for.
    Well that sucks. Hop Paul doesn't show up in the 3rd gym.
    Last edited by uber gon; 21st August 2007 at 4:56 PM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I cant wait to see what grassrope looks like.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by pipersgirl™ View Post
    I cant wait to see what grassrope looks like.
    Look at the episode images. It'll give you an idea.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

hi to all
    it's awesome but ash's pokemon were week there is a mistake in it

Quote Originally Posted by zainhigh View Post
    hi to all
    it's awesome but ash's pokemon were week there is a mistake in it
    Actually I think that they improved greatly since the last gym esp Aipom.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    Actually I think that they improved greatly since the last gym esp Aipom.
    Would've been cool if Aipom learned FIRE PUNCH.

Okay, 1 day left, I'm ready for some Aipom pwnage! <3

This episode was very good. Nice to see the Chlorophyll ability again. It was cool to see a Weather Ball and Grass Knot attacks. It was cool when Roserade’s Weather Ball got deflected. It seemed a bit much when Aipom Focus Punched Roserade through a tree AND put a huge dent in the wall. Overall, a nice battle as well as it being good that Team Rocket didn’t do anything devious for once.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I actually thought Clorophyll affected Cherubi's strength but it's not attacks, it's in speed. It always kept thinking it was in attacks so Staravia winning against it was good considering that Turtwig couldn't defeat it. Even though I felt Cherubi was overpowered. That little thing gave Turtwig too much of a hard time.

Aipom was the one that really made me cringe. I understand she's strong but the final battle was nothing new. How many times we have seen Focus Punch and Swift? This time it really didn't look good. It won and she's good but this time it just felt really random.

Turtwig like always impresses me when he's battling, only when he's battling.

The gym battle was a good one, however it is kind of sad when I have to consider Staravia vs. Cherubi as the highlight of the battle.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Red face

I just gotta say, that the japanese version was MUCH better. PUSA cut out almost all good BGM's, and replaced them with theirs.. no action in those at all..

Disappointed :/

A good gym battle episode, a nice match overall and Aipom fought as she was in a Contest (foreshadowing...hm...). Ash showed that he is a better trainer than before, which Gardenia pointed out. I was a bit disapointed that Dawn didn´t wear her cheerleader outfit, she was cool in that one.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

That was quite possibly the best episode in all of sinnoh so far! Not the best gym battle because the one with Roark was a bit more action packed but this one was awesome too. Aipom totally kicked but i hate the thought of that being screwed up by those freaking contests! Ash really knows how to work aipom and her skill, if they start using eachothers pokemon that will be werid they will really have to trade like in the machine. I dont like the idea of aipom being used by dawn if its ash's. Anyways WE GOT TO SEE SOME STARAVIA ACTION! Cherubi was like ten times better it was werid. I have a complaint to these writers are they gonna make ash lose to every gym leader in sinnoh. Also, they made him lose to a lot of other people he has ten times more experience then...
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

I quite liked this episode i liked the team rocket bits in the underground tunnel and i liked the battles as well although the aipom posing bit and ash saying this isnt a contest made me think it could be aipoms last gym battle.And it was good to see roserade again ^_^

Great episode overall.

My quips: I don't think PUSA did a good job with matching the dialog. Some of Gardenia and Brock's dialog seemed out of step.

And it is worrysome to see Aipom acting like she's in a contest. This week's Japanese episode should hopefully reveal a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    Great episode overall.

My quips: I don't think PUSA did a good job with matching the dialog. Some of Gardenia and Brock's dialog seemed out of step.
    Voices, music, they're just batting strikes everywhere `-`
    (is there like anyway we can like complain to them?)

But uh, I did enjoy the battle somewhat, but I found myself skipping through the TR parts though, they were really...annoying.

One comment I do have to make, I love Staravia, I love every little thing about the little guy.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    One comment I do have to make, I love Staravia, I love every little thing about the little guy.
    Welcome to the club.

You'd think after his battle with Nando, Ash would've remembered the Sun's affect on SOLARBEAM the WHOLE MATCH.

The dub was pretty good. They replaced every bgm in the turtwings battle, but that wasnt so bad since I didnt really like it in the first place. Then they played some really epic sounding one in the first half of the Roserade match which I thought was pretty awesome...but then they had to end it with that one piece of crap track that I absolutely despise. Yuck. Overall, it was good episode though.

Marry the Night

Ash had a great battle in this episode, and I'm glad he won his second badge in one episode, but I really liked Team Rocket's story in this episode. I enjoy going to the Underground, so I'm glad they found a way to include it in this episode. Plus, they get the bonus of not blasting off in this episode, and a good meal.

I think it's also interesting that this is probably the first time in the show's history that by the time the dub aired, Ash had the same number of badges in the U.S. that he did in Japan.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Did anyone happen to notice the Kanji writing above the restaurant's entrance, or am I the only one?

However, I really enjoyed this episode, especially Aipom vs. Roserade.
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

Japanese writing is nothing new, PUSA has been leaving it in for two years now.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast