Thread: The Answer and Ask Thread!

Default The Answer and Ask Thread!

Have you ever wanted an excuse to role-play as one of your characters in a slightly different setting? Looking for an organic way to develop and learn more about your characters? If the answer to either question is yes, or you just want to try something new, then give the Answer and Ask Thread a whirl!

In this thread, our characters can let loose a little, free from the confines of an RPG, and just have a little fun! Here, characters will ask each other questions to get to know each other, and maybe learn a bit more about themselves in the process.

How does it work?
    1. Pick a character! They can be from a current RP, a past RP, or maybe they've just been floating around your head and you haven't had a chance to use them yet. Post a link to your character's sing-up, or include a a basic bio in a spoiler tag. This will give us an idea of what your character is like, and can help us decide what questions to ask.
    2. Answer the previous questions in-character! The user before you will have asked your character a few questions. Your character should answer to the best of their abilities - they don't have to answer every single question, and they may not know some answers (or they may not want to reveal the answers!) and that is okay!
    3. Ask questions for the next person! Try to ask at least 3 questions, but don't be afraid to ask more! You can also ask the questions in-character if you'd like - if your character was interviewing someone, what questions might they think to ask? If you're looking for ideas, check out some of the questions under the Personality section of the Crafting a Character thread.

Now, you may be wondering...
    Do my answers have to be a certain length?
    There is no minimum (or maximum) length requirement! You can give one-word answers or long paragraphs, whatever you'd like!

Should I use first-person point of view, or third-person?
    It's up to you! Please just be sure to be consistent over the course of a single post, though!

Can I role-play a little?
    Of course! If you want to describe where your character is, what they're doing or thinking as they answer, don't be shy!

What if I want to answer a question that wasn't directed towards me/my character?
    Go ahead! If you someone else asked a question that tickled your fancy, you can absolutely answer it!

Can I use multiple characters?
    Absolutely! You may want to stick to one character per post to keep things simple and avoid confusion, but it's up to you! Please be sure to only ask one set of questions at the end of your post, though!

I'll get the ball rolling! Since I'm the first question-answer, I'll ask my character a couple of basic questions. Feel free to answer them, too!

Character: Ironbeak the Skarmory
        Spoiler:- Brief bio:

Answers:
    Tell us a bit about yourself.
    Ironbeak claws at the ground with her talons, her head bobbing forward.

"Kra, do you not know who I am? No, I suppose it has been a long time since my days of glory. I am Ironbak Swiftclaw, the fiercest bird of the Johto skies. I was once the commander of a great flock. We had everything we could have wanted: wealth, respect, power. Then it was taken away from us, KRA!" Her razor blade wings burst open into two crimson fans.

What are your best qualities?
    "My intelligence and sharp tongue. My strength has long since abandoned me, but then, brute strength alone does not command an army, does it?" She laughs, a deep, reverberating laugh in her iron throat.

How do you get along with others?
    "Some might say I am most...agreeable." Ironbeak's amber eyes flash wickedly. "I can be quite persuasive. Nobody argues in my presence - they don't dare." She grins. "I would not call myself a social bird, but I will admit, exile has made me miss the company of the chiefs who filled my branches." Looking up into the sky, her eyes cloud over with memory.

"Ah, but those days are long gone. Now it is only me."

Questions:
    Kreeee, what is your proudest accomplishment?

What has been your most difficult decision? If you have never faced one before, what do you imagine would be a difficult decision to make, and how would you deal with it?

Whom do you feel you can most trust or rely on?

Do you think you would make a good leader? what are the qualities of a strong leader?

Happy RPing!

~Psychic
    Last edited by Psychic; 26th March 2015 at 7:00 AM.

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

Current One-Shots:
    Forgiveness
    Under Control

Wait... is the character supposed to be the one asking the questions?

Tim Wolfe

Spoiler:- Brief Bio:

What is your proudest accomplishment?

Tim looks down, and nervously shuffles his feet. He wonders if he should try to pet the metal bird in front of him, but figures it's probably not the best idea considering she doesn't look too friendly...

"Um... well... I-I-I... I don't know... I don't think I've done anything special... I guess learning magic, but there sare so many who can do magic, and more who are much better than me... Besides... even if I did do something... I don't like to brag..."

What has been your most difficult decision? If you have never faced one before, what do you imagine would be a difficult decision to make, and how would you deal with it?

"If the time ever comes where I have to choose to save an animal, or a person... I don't know what I'd do... Animals tend to get treated like second class citizens... Much like myself..." He mutters that last sentence under his breath... And someone has to be their voice... At the same time, even if the person is a bully, I can't exactly let an innocent person die if I could do something about it... I hope I never have to make this type of decision..."

Whom do you feel you can most trust or rely on?

"Well... um... right now... I feel like I trust the animals more than I trust a person. The animals actually listen, and only want kindness in return. Most of the humans I have encountered lately have been... well... jerks... Oh gosh... please don't tell anyone I said that!" He shuts his eyes and takes deep breaths in order to calm himself.

"Before I got sent to Galvez prison, I used to be able to trust my parents. I know most people my age never admit to that. but my mom and dad are the only people I tell things to regularly. They usually have good advice. Unfortunately, it's been some time since I've seen them since I went off to study magic on my own. After the raid on my home and me getting sent off to Galvez, I don't know what's happened to them, or if they're even still alive. Oh Celestia I hope they are..."

Do you think you would make a good leader? what are the qualities of a strong leader?

"Oh... well no... I-I-I don't think I can make a good leader... I'm too much of a scaredy cat for that..." Tim sighs and looks off before continuing to speak. "A leader should be brave and strong but kind and gentle. Emphasis on the kind and gentle part!" He shouts the last part while putting his fist in the air. Then he immediately feels bad for it, and lowers his arm. "Oh... um... sorry... That sounded mean... It's just... I'm sick of so called leaders who abuse their power and expect people to blindly follow them just because thay have power... That's why we're in this war in the first place. They should be able to take charge, and get things done of course, but they should still be nice, and have the ability to show kindness, and listen to the ideas of others, and not brush them off because they think they're not good ideas, and... Oh... sorry... I'm talking too much... I'll be quiet now..." He rubs the back of his head nervously and looks away.

Questions

What qualities do you look for in a friend?

Do you prefer working with others, or working alone?

What do you fear most?

What do you desire the most?
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 28th March 2015 at 9:32 PM. Reason: Thought of another question...
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Naomi Cephas

Spoiler:- Brief Bio:

ANSWERS

What qualities do you look for in a friend?

"Someone who I can trust," she says immediately, snapping shut the book in her hands with a quiet thud. Naomi's voice is strong and clear; there is no hesitation behind her answer. To her, trust is the foundation of friendship, and none can convince her otherwise.

"However," she adds, voice softening (and seemingly more regretful?) as she tries to remember the qualities embodied by her old friend, "I would want a friend to be someone who will support me at all times, yet attack my flaws and missteps with ruthless abandon. A person who will not fear speaking out against me if I am a failure. Somebody who is ... capable of great forgiveness."

Friendship seems to elicit numerous differing emotions for her.

Do you prefer working with others, or working alone?

Naomi's mouth opens as if to vocalise the word "alone", but she stops herself, clamping her jaws shut as she scrunches her face up in thought. Her left hands brushes away a wayward hair. She appears to be deep in thought, mentally weighing the advantages and disadvantages of working alone or with others. Her numerous everyday duties were all handled on her lonesome, but would she exchange such a life for one of cooperative action?

"I ... would not be adverse to utilising teamwork," she admits after a minute, folding her arms against her chest as she stares forth unblinkingly. "While I am familiar with working 'solo', having the assistance of any compatriots would be much appreciated."

She pauses for a moment, letting the words sink in, before restarting.

"However, I do expect competence from these others. Otherwise, I would rather work on my lonesome."

What do you fear most?

"Failure."

The reply is short and sharp, delivered in clipped tones that betray no emotion whatsoever. Naomi's lips are sealed shut; it is obvious that she expects no further prying upon the topic.

What do you desire the most?

Her shoulders relax as she delves deeper into her own mind. What is her greatest desire? It is a concept she has paid little heed to, but the question has set in motion the cogs in her brain. Words and concepts leap to her, but from the quiet 'hmms' and rare 'no' that emanate from her mouth, it is clear that she has yet to find the perfect answer. Naomi, it seems, does not know what her greatest desire is.

"I could offer terms such as justice, order or world peace," she explains, counting off the concepts on one hand, "but while I do desire these, they are the driving aspirations behind my life. My dream career of becoming an officer may serve as a semi-adequate response, but I do not believe it is the correct one."

Yet a lack of real desire does not seem to faze her heavily.

"I suppose I will have to find one soon," Naomi continues, mouth curling up into a slight smile.

QUESTIONS

Do any past regrets continue to gnaw at your mind?

How well do you believe you can handle emotional turmoil?

Is duty or freedom of greater import to you?

What are you willing to do for those you love?
    RPGer Profile
    ~~~~
    [9:09 PM] delilah: achievement unlocked: use the phrase "drop it like it's hot" in my final biology project
    [1:55 AM] gabe: Presumably I don't get ###### rights because I'm English, and am thus expected to say "curse ye to Beelzebub's eternal damnation, knave"

Okay, I'm going to test out:
    Molly Quasar
        Spoiler:- Incomplete Sign-up:

Molly clicks on the icon her computer screen to open the incoming transmission. The teenager on the screen does not look familiar, but proceeds to ask questions:

Do any past regrets continue to gnaw at your mind?
    Molly thinks it over, she can't remember much outside of joining the Nymphs crew and hanging out with the boys, “Nope.”

How well do you believe you can handle emotional turmoil?
    “Hey now, I'm pretty good at handling drama, not like some of those girly-girls strutting around the ship in miniskirts and too much make-up,” exclaims Molly, “Ugh, you would not believe what I have to put up with when they’re around.”

Is duty or freedom of greater import to you?
    Molly shifts and crosses her legs, “Well freedom obviously, but living on a spaceship everyone has to do their duty or everything pretty much goes to ****, so I guess that's pretty important too.”

What are you willing to do for those you love?
    “Well, I'm still looking for the right person,” decides Molly, “but I'd definitely put up a fight to protect my friends. Luckily, most of my friends are pretty good in a fight themselves, so I don't have to do that too often.”

Questions:

What do you think of your living situation? Do you ever feel trapped?
    If someone offered to take you to another dimension, would you go?
    Do you have close friends you can rely on when things get hard?
    Do you think any of your friends would make a better leader then you?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

Blog News: New Blog post, and ParaDex has been updated (May 28th).

LLAP

I'll give this a go! I'm gonna use Ronan Miller from Morph Legends since he's the only character I am using on the forums right now.

Brief Bio:     Spoiler:

Answers

Ronan was on the deck of the ferry that was carrying him across the ocean to a new land. He was leaning on the railing of the ship, looking out over the water. The cigarette between his fingers had been forgotten, and the ash collecting on the end was ready to break off on its own. Lost in thought, he didn't even notice the woman walk up next to him. She started some small talk with him, but soon they began getting into deeper questions. Ronan couldn't say why, but he didn't at all feel uncomfortable answering these extremely personal questions for this stranger.

What do you think of your living situation? Do you ever feel trapped?
    "I don't really have a living situation at the moment. I'll find some place to lay my head when we get there. But that's the way I like it. Keeps my life interesting. As for feeling trapped, no, I don't. I feel as free as ever. I felt trapped before, thats why I left. Whenever I start feeling trapped, I just get out of there."

If someone offered to take you to another dimension, would you go?
    "In a heart beat. Talk about an adventure." Thinking to himself, he added besides, its not like there is anything keeping me here in this one. He didn't even ask what this new dimension would be like.

Do you have close friends you can rely on when things get hard?
    Ronan waited a moment before answering this question. While he felt comfortable answering these questions for the woman, he didn't want her to know he really didn't have a friend to rely on. Well, of course his pokemon, Bandit and Chainsaw, were always there for him. But they kind of had to be.

"Yeah, I do. I'm actually on the boat with a good friend of mine," he lied. "Shes down below deck, I just came up for a smoke," he said, holding up his cigarette as if to validate the story. As he did this, the long stick of ash broke off the end and fell to the floor. The girl he was talking about he had hardly known any longer than this woman. But she didn't have to know that.

Do you think any of your friends would make a better leader then you?
    Another friend question, he thought.

"Um, you know, I'm not sure. Probably." Was he even a good leader? He had no idea.

Some menacing storm clouds were beginning to form, and the woman said goodbye and went back inside. Ronan decided to light another cigarette, since he had wasted the last one. After this one, he would go back inside and meet up with his friend. Well, not friend... Just someone he had met earlier that day.

Questions
    What are your vices? And your virtues?
    How do you handle doing things outside of your comfort zone?
    Is there anyone whose life and happiness you would put before your own?
    Whats your favorite genre of music?

This will be fun. Bringing Val in for this one.

Spoiler:- Brief Bio.:

What are your vices? And your virtues?
    "Hmm.. Not an easy question." Valmiro looked thoughtfully towards a dark corner as he thought of answers. "I'd say... My biggest virtue is getting things done, no matter how grousome they might be. The rules of morality and 'thinking about others' does not apply to me". Another brief moment as he thought for another second. "I guess my most notable vice would be that i sometimes fail to read social atmospheres, and sometimes act inappropriately."

How do you handle doing things outside of your comfort zone?
    "I don't." Valmiro answered quickly. This was obvious something he had already been brainstorming about earlier. "I usually keep a distance from it. Like how the others gets all emotional over the death of a random person, I stay in the background, trying not to ruin their moment. I also have a habit of.. disposing, of the issue." he finished by glaring at the interviewer.

Is there anyone whose life and happiness you would put before your own?
    "I.. don't think so." he answered after thinking for a short while. "There are times when I wish to please a certain woman but... Huh? N.. Not in any suspicious ways, of course!" he said before starting to blush. "That woman... She's just a big bundle of charm, all the way around." another brief moment, as if Valmiro got lost in thought. He shaked his head and came back to reality. "But to answer your question. No, but yes, yes, maybe not but yeah no."

Whats your favorite genre of music?
    "To me.. There is nothing that beats a good, realistic death-scream. Maybe except of that last breath a person takes before dying. The last, shivering one, that reveals their fears. People are most beautiful right before they die, and the sounds they make just adds to the pleasure" he said, followed by a very awkward silence, hinting towards the interview being over.

Next Questions!
    - What is your favorite time of day, and why?
    - How would you describe the ideal world?
    - How far would you go to get that which you desire?
    - What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
    "Mary had a little lamb,
    its wool as black as coal
    It came into her room one night,
    and feasted on her soul"

Using Tim again...

- What is your favorite time of day, and why?

Tim wondered how Valmiro managed to find him all the way over here. And if he's here, that means Rose isn't that far behind either. Wonderful. I had been hoping to get away from these people. He sighed and answered the question. "Um... well... I guess...I'm an afternoon person... There's a lot of danger in the night, and I um... like to sleep in the mornings... That leaves afternoon by default..." The boy keeps his gaze at his feet, and avoids making eye contact...

- How would you describe the ideal world?

Tim takes a moment to think before answering. "A world where everyone treats each other with kindness and respect, and people treat their animals the same way... A world where people can look past each other's differences and see the good in others. A world where violence is not the first solution people resort to in order to solve problems... It would also be a world that's a lot less scary..." He then smiles and nods his head.

- How far would you go to get that which you desire?

"Oh wow... This is hard... I really don't know." Tim narrowed his eyes when he remembered who it was asking these questions. "I certainly wouldn't kill anyone if that's what you're implying... I don't think anything I desire can be achieved by killing a living being... It would just makes things worse..."

- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

"Um... playing with the animals. But I don't see why that's something to feel guilty about... Contrary to what some people think, not every animal out there is a vicious beast, and they don't exist just to be your meal!" He blushes when he realized he practically shouted that last part. "Oh... sorry..." He then nervously looks to the left, then to the right. There wasn't anyone else he knew around. "Um... If it's ok... I think I'm gonna go now..."

Tim breathes a sigh of relief now that he's done answering questions, and he goes off until he's out of earshot of Val. Then, he starts singing softly. As he does a bunch of animals start heading towards him. Eventually, he is surrounded by birds, butterflies, other random animals, and even a few Pokemon. "Ah! Much better... Oh cool, there are even some things I've never seen before!"

Questions

If you could travel any place in the world, where would it be, and why?

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Do you have a pet? If not, would you like one?

Who are/were your parents? Do you have any family other than your parents?
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 29th March 2015 at 1:41 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID