ToF ~ Nigh Ruin Discussion

Official RP Thread

[PG 13 possibly with some suggestive themes and violence]

Approved my RaZoR LeAf

Spoiler:- Plot Details:

Spoiler:- RP Information:

Spoiler:- List of Legendary Mark Abilities and Signature Moves:

The Cast:

I'll keep notes of importance here, but now we have official discussion thread!
    Last edited by R.I. Saraibre; 7th March 2012 at 8:05 AM.

Should we copy and paste my questions here for easy access? Would probably get lost in the signups thread, and it's interesting info IMHO.

And yay I can "talk" with pokemon. Thanks.

Last question for now. I recall in the movie Sight Sharing worked the opposite of how you implement it, where Latinos could share what he sees with a person or a group of people. But you're doing it the other way, sharing the sight off of somebody else. Are you not allowing to be able to go the other way? As in both sharing my sight with somebody and sharing the sight of somebody else.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

What exactly do you mean by "impurities" in Shaymin? Do you mean injuries or diseases?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "impurities" in Shaymin? Do you mean injuries or diseases?
    If you recall watching the 11th movie of pokemon involving giratina and shaymin, you would understand that shaymin acts like an air purifier and can turn what would normally be toxic to pokemon and people alike into an attack, aka seed flare. In a sense, think of it this way, you suck in impurities from the air, turn it into an explosive energy, and release it, damaging enemies.

Of course, sucking in impurities (and diseases), will cost you a bit of health and if you suck in too much, you could end up poisoning yourself. Does this help clarify seed flare for you?

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Should we copy and paste my questions here for easy access? Would probably get lost in the signups thread, and it's interesting info IMHO.

And yay I can "talk" with pokemon. Thanks.

Last question for now. I recall in the movie Sight Sharing worked the opposite of how you implement it, where Latinos could share what he sees with a person or a group of people. But you're doing it the other way, sharing the sight off of somebody else. Are you not allowing to be able to go the other way? As in both sharing my sight with somebody and sharing the sight of somebody else.
    I don't see why it can't work both ways in the latter of the RP. I think I may of only put it one way for the sake of not trying to have two abilities the same, as that list was a bugger to make.

I shall post questions when I've got some time. Dun worries.

Ah so allowed later? OK. And what do you mean not having two abilities the same? Some other poke has sharing own sight with others? Which poke? I didn't read the full list....

Please my I have a couple more days? Like three or four? Life has been taking my internet time lately. The past couple of days mom needed me to go shopping with her and translate or carry stuff/push the cart and I come home tired from all the walking. Also screws up my sleep patterns. I'm frigging up at half past 1am.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 22nd February 2012 at 6:30 AM.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Ah so allowed later? OK. And what do you mean not having two abilities the same? Some other poke has sharing own sight with others? Which poke? I didn't read the full list....

Please my I have a couple more days? Like three or four? Life has been taking my internet time lately. The past couple of days mom needed me to go shopping with her and translate or carry stuff/push the cart and I come home tired from all the walking. Also screws up my sleep patterns. I'm frigging up at half past 1am.
    I meant trying to make sure each legendary mark had a unique power as I created the list. XD Nothing more than that.

And yes, you may have an extension. Just remember to breathe dude.

Oh, I see.

Thanks! I have a lot of the stuff done in my head already, just can't seem to get a free couple hours to start writing on my computer between needing to go out with mom and then resting from the outing....

We have another outing today she needs me for after my doctor appointment. Seriously I hate this week and it's barely halfway now. At least I think I finished my sign up for Teen Titans on like Monday, and Grassmaster just got back to me. Guess it's just as well since I wouldn't have been able to post anyway.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 22nd February 2012 at 4:05 PM.

I'll still give you a chance to post an SU Bron, dun worry.

We will be starting very soon though for those who have been waiting patiently. ^^

Yeah, the rp is now up! Quick question, where is the freelancers' main base?
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

I'm going to assume that there are no main bases, just multiple bases. Although if there is to be a main base, it probably would be Mount Silver for Kanto and Johto region, somewhere inbetween Lavaridge, Verdanturf, Rustboro, and Fallabor town for Hoenn. For Sinnoh, I'd think it would be based around Mt. Coronet and in Unova, I'd wager in Mistralton Cave or Lostlorn forest. That's just my guesses, Saraibre will have to be the one to tell you though.

Likewise, where is ENDoG's main headquarters located? Castelia? Jubilife? Goldenrod? Saffron?
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    Likewise, where is ENDoG's main headquarters located? Castelia? Jubilife? Goldenrod? Saffron?
    We'll go with Saffron, although branches exist everywhere else. It just seems to make the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipomatic View Post
    I'm going to assume that there are no main bases, just multiple bases. Although if there is to be a main base, it probably would be Mount Silver for Kanto and Johto region, somewhere inbetween Lavaridge, Verdanturf, Rustboro, and Fallabor town for Hoenn. For Sinnoh, I'd think it would be based around Mt. Coronet and in Unova, I'd wager in Mistralton Cave or Lostlorn forest. That's just my guesses, Saraibre will have to be the one to tell you though.
    This assumption would be correct. There are a multitude of them all over the regions in places rather difficult to get to. There isn't a true main base, but there is one larger than the rest per region.

I'm going to say Pokemon Mansion for Kanto, Mt. Silver for Johto, the abandoned Battle Tower for Hoenn, Mt. Coronet for Sinnoh, and Lostlorn Forest for Unova becauseI han't thought of quite here I wanted it there yet, and I like your idea. XD

I still like my sewer maze idea for Castelia. Was hoping that could be the main base, but nevermind.

I don't object there to be more than one 'main base' for the Freelancers. No doubt they'll need a back up.

I kind of see Mt. Silver as being one of the most important bases. It's probably the most seclueded and the best guarded. I mean, Blackthorn is to the west and I doubt that the dragon tamers support ENDoG, the old pokemon league is to the east, and nothing but mountains to the north and south. Not to mention that there are tons of strong wild pokemon all over the place. And of course, the head freelance scientist is stationed there XD. How about the ENDoG forces raid the caves? My charicter isn't going to do much otherwise. Just an idea of course.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

You guys do realize that the Freelancers are supposed to be on the offensive, right? Sure doesn't do the captured legendaries much good if you just sit back in your burrows and wait to be raided. In the meantime, time sure isn't on your side either. The more time you waste, the more Pokemon training and battling gets squeezed out of society.

Point is, we don't need to come to you to win. Heck, ENDoG doesn't even know the Freelancers exist.

^^^ Point well taken. Also, I do find it oddly creepy that the ambitions your character idolizes are quite charismatic. The way you write it, it almost makes me agree with it. Almost. . . scary. Anyway, I hopefully get something up either tonight sometime by midday tomorrow.
    credits for pic and banner: Avenger Angel and Brutaka

I have claimed Sceptile

Destiny's Forge: click sig.
    ARD: UNDER REVISIONAL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Also read Essense of Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Septic Scepti1e View Post
    ^^^ Point well taken. Also, I do find it oddly creepy that the ambitions your character idolizes are quite charismatic. The way you write it, it almost makes me agree with it. Almost. . . scary. Anyway, I hopefully get something up either tonight sometime by midday tomorrow.
    This is why I was happy when Neo resumed his original bad guy role. He was really good at it in the last one...and was the reason I had to make edits. LOL

I'll post sometime soon. I've had a suden change of real life plans, as those are always fun...

Muha ha ha, yeah, I definitely found the niche to make this challenging for you guys. But every good story needs a compelling and challenging antagonist. And although I'm not going to go down easy, I'm sure there's more than one way to overcome it.

I'm curious to see which one(s) you guys choose...

Does ENDoG have any technology that can track Pokemon within major cities, like a city wide motion detector only for Pokemon?
    credits for pic and banner: Avenger Angel and Brutaka

I have claimed Sceptile

Destiny's Forge: click sig.
    ARD: UNDER REVISIONAL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Also read Essense of Law.

Does ENDoG have any technology that can track Pokemon within major cities, like a city wide motion detector only for Pokemon?
    Nah, the amount of detection blips would be enormous, and the results inconclusive. Definitely don't think ENDoG would waste any money on something like that.

well, I have one way of doing it and that would be a counter propaganda. Starting off in smaller towns where ENDoG aren't as heavily around, essentially be a ghestis and preach about things that ENDoG have been doing and give very logical reasons why nature is being messed up. For example, like how ENDoG is trying to capture suicune and if they succeeded, then water sources would start to become undrinkable and some towns would have to evacuate due to not being able to drink unfit water. Point out that legendary pokemon are supposed to roam free of captivity and that ENDoGs solution of capturing all legendary pokemon is not the solution for who are they to tamper with nature using science to play god.

My character does fit the bill to give speeches due to training herself in public speaking. But this would be one way of fighting back and attracting unwanted attention for I'm sure ENDoG would arrest for protesting against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipomatic View Post
    well, I have one way of doing it and that would be a counter propaganda. Starting off in smaller towns where ENDoG aren't as heavily around, essentially be a ghestis and preach about things that ENDoG have been doing and give very logical reasons why nature is being messed up. For example, like how ENDoG is trying to capture suicune and if they succeeded, then water sources would start to become undrinkable and some towns would have to evacuate due to not being able to drink unfit water. Point out that legendary pokemon are supposed to roam free of captivity and that ENDoGs solution of capturing all legendary pokemon is not the solution for who are they to tamper with nature using science to play god.

My character does fit the bill to give speeches due to training herself in public speaking. But this would be one way of fighting back and attracting unwanted attention for I'm sure ENDoG would arrest for protesting against them.
    Well, that works until ENDoG starts creating sewage treatment and desalination plants to purify the water (which I would be surprised if they didn't have already). The trick is substituting real life modern day solutions for whatever things those legendary Pokemon covered.

ENDoG wouldn't arrest you for public speaking. If they did that, it would make them look like fascists and wouldn't give them the respect of the public for crushing basic freedoms of speech. They would, however, keep a close eye on you and would see where you go and who you associate with. The NSA might start looking into your past records and see what comes up. But of course, that depends on how many people you try to reach at once. Go anonymous or lie about your name and the public may think if you can't trust them with your real name and/or you keep your face/identity hidden, they can't trust you either. Tell the truth about who you are and you'll have followers... and not the "good" kind.

That's not a problem if you give them no reason to be suspicious and you're open and honest, and you follow the ENDoG law and regulations while you appear in public (which unfortunately starts reducing your value to your allies). But it could become a problem for you if you start talking around and leave a bread crumb trail back to the Freelancers' bases.

Make a choice, I look forward to seeing it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast