Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPG Forum Advice

My rpg advice- Don't plaugarise like me and get yourself banned for two months(?)
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

well i thought i could find answers why my pokemon RP was closed but i guess i was wrong. ugh.
    Alex's PokePet

Suicune the level 99 Suicune!

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan00 View Post
    well i thought i could find answers why my pokemon RP was closed but i guess i was wrong. ugh.
    Maybe if you were in the right thread? Kamotz said for you to read the Rules, not check the advice thread. Here's a snippet:

• RPG Posts should be of adequate length, a minimum of 200 words, approximately seven lines. Posts that are just one or two lines in length are not acceptable.
    • RPG plots need to be a minimum of 400 words. Anything less than this will result in the topic being closed
    • Signs Up Forms are mandatory. You must have some kind of Sign Up form in your RPG, or it will not be allowed
    • The RPG Forum is the main part, this is where the actual game itself goes. Before you post here, you go to the Sign Up Sub-Forum. This is where you post your RPG awaiting members

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
    Usually anything that distinguishes them from other Pokemon of the same species. Such as being taller, having certain scars, whether they're clean and orderly or unkempt and messy, whether they're more agile and evasive than other members of their kind, or whether they might be a little slower but a little more burlier instead. Definitely don't treat it like the games where Pokemon are essentially just cookie cutter copies of each other. Take the Pokemon character's personality and apply it to their physical description, such as a wild and carefree Raichu appearing to be a bit messier and dirtier in appearance while a socially conscious Gardevoir may try to keep herself as clean and refined as possible and make sure she only looks her best. A Pokemon that likes to fight and compete might have a few more scars and injuries from all their days of rough and tumble, while a Pokemon that likes to race may be leaner and athletic in appearance.

Again, it depends on the character, what their personality is like, and what they would be like as a Pokemon.
    Totally nitpicky, but I just wanted to mention that a character's speed is generally unrelated to their physical appearance. That said, you can describe how they hold themselves - stance, posture, facial expression and such. I suppose you can stretch it to the physicality of how they move, whether it's stealthily, with a limp, lumbering or with quick, sporadic movements.

You can also include accessories - it's not too big a stretch to imagine vines wrapped around a Pokemon's middle like a belt or around its wrists like sweatbands, or a Wigglytuff wearing an earring they once found. A Meowth may like to toss a coin it found between its paws, or a Munchlax could always have a Berry in its hands. Pokemon also have held items in-game, so a Murkrow can be wearing BlackGlasses, a Banette with a Spell Tag attached to its head that billows in the wind or a Machoke could wear a Macho Brace.

Heck, you can have something as simple as a Pokemon with different-coloured eyes, or with fur slightly darker or lighter than usual. But really, it's not always necessary to make your Pokemon character look different or unique. A Butterfree can just look like an ordinary Butterfree. But you have lots of options. :>

~Psychic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12