Thread: Amity Square stupid fact

Default Amity Square stupid fact

It's funny how they don't allow Eevee in the park, yet they allow Torterra and Infernape. While I'm not a big fan of Eevee, I think he should have been allowed in the park. Do you agree?

Same goes for Pokemon like Teddiursa and Magmortar Dratini.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 9th June 2013 at 2:55 PM.

it's funny how they didn't have ditto there, it can be cute if it wants to!
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

yeah. Ditto can transform into a cuter pokemon Lol. maybe they just dont like big blobs of awesomeness. what?! they dont allow eevee? Eevee is so cute!!!Evil amity square. i dont really think it matters if pokemon are weak or strange looking or whatever, i just like all pokemon (mostly eevee since it's my favorite)!
    I love every Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    It's funny how they don't allow Eevee in the park, yet they allow Torterra and Infernape. While I'm not a big fan of Eevee, I think he should have been allowed in the park. Do you agree?

Same goes for Pokemon like Teddiursa and Magmortar Dratini.
    I concur.

Inserting not so cute Pokémon like Infernape/Torterra and omitting cute Pokémon like the ones mentioned is so plain wrong. Is it because Torterra and Infernape are the final forms of viable Pokémon themselves? Not making sense here.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I concur.

Inserting not so cute Pokémon like Infernape/Torterra and omitting cute Pokémon like the ones mentioned is so plain wrong. Is it because Torterra and Infernape are the final forms of viable Pokémon themselves? Not making sense here.
    yeah i dont find sinnoh starters final evoultions that cute, i find them awesome looking. But yeah it's so unfair.
    I love every Pokemon!

They allow Torchic but Mudkip... guess they no liek mudkipzz...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that is strange as to why they don't allow any other "cute" Pokes to enter...
    - Nate the

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I concur.

Inferape, torterra, and empoleon are allowed because they are your very first pokemon. It is not necrssarily that they are "cute" it is that they are expected to be your closest pokemon. Eevee is cute along with many others, but if they let in every pokemon that everyone wanted in for one reason or another Amity Square would not have been special anymore.
    Last edited by infernape9012; 4th July 2013 at 2:00 PM.

I don't remember where it's said, but Amity square is meant for cute Pokemon. Teddiursa, Plusle and Minun, Spoink, Wynaut, Elekid, Cleffa and Igglybuff doesn't get in. Yet Torterra does =_=

I don't understand how pikachu, clefairy and jigglypuff are allowed in but pichu, igglybuff and cleffa are not since they are there baby evolutions

Current Platinum team: Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50
    Current Black team: Lv16 Lv16

Yeah, clearly either Amity Square wasn't thought out well, or it would be too much work to program in so many Pokemon.

Personally, I really like it, because I wouldn't be able to see my Pokemon behind me otherwise.

I was just there today. I got turned away with my Flaafy and Mother of God my Phanpy. I literally did not even stop to think whether Phanpy would be allowed in there because he is the cutest thing Ever!!
    I mean, LOOK AT THAT THING!! How much cuter can you get?

Alright personally I don't find Flaafy all that cute but I think he pretty much meets the standard definitions of cute as set forth by society so I sort of assumed he'd be allowed in also.

IMO Eevee isn't cute enough for that. The evolutions are there for obligatory reasons.

Now, if someone could kindly show me who chose for Swablu to be left out, they have a meeting with me and my hammer. ;

Amity Square was more of a testing ground for working on the walking Pokemon feature that was planned for HGSS.
    There's not much point in looking to deep into which Pokemon made it to the final version.
    3DS FC: 3239 3109 5443

Quote Originally Posted by likethelottery View Post
    Now, if someone could kindly show me who chose for Swablu to be left out, they have a meeting with me and my hammer. ;
    I agree with this

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

I believe that all Pokemon are cute and therefore all Pokemon should be allowed. Otherwise, to say only certain kinds of Pokemon can get in is segregation and that is so unethical.
    Pearl Team:
    Gold Team:
    Yellow Team:
    Blue Team:

Let's be real, Amity Square was pretty much pointless. I agree that it might have been foreshadowing for HGSS, but choosing Pokémon on an arbitrary "cuteness" rating is silly. I think they would have been better off if they had restricted the Pokémon to "any Pokémon in their first evolutionary stage that has an evolution". So, Aerodactyl would not be allowed. And come on, most first-stage Pokémon are adorable.

Though that would have been a pain to program.

I agree that it might have been foreshadowing for HGSS, but choosing Pokémon on an arbitrary "cuteness" rating is silly.
    Maybe less foreshadowing and more 'testing' at best. I think I prefer the 'not so well thought out' line, although it wasn't so bad. Just oddly arbitrary on some choices of pokes that were allowed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Maybe less foreshadowing and more 'testing' at best. I think I prefer the 'not so well thought out' line, although it wasn't so bad. Just oddly arbitrary on some choices of pokes that were allowed.
    That exactly what I was thinking, Testing. They probably wanted to see how things would work to experiment for HGSS.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

I still think Mew should have been allowed in there. He's cute.

Amity Square dares to discriminate against my Shuckle and Misdreavus?!

Yeah, some Pokémon were strange, like Eevee, Mareep, Hoppip, etc.

I won't complain though, as they let my favorite Sinnoh Pokémon, Drifloon, in.