View Poll Results: Do you think Paul will release Chimchar and Ash will ask it to go with him?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

21 42.00%
  • No.

29 58.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* A Charmander repeat? *SPOILERS*

Default *SPOILERS* A Charmander repeat? *SPOILERS*

After watching Shinji(Paul) treat his Chimchar like the trainer in the Kanto Saga,(Damien) treated his Charmander. In nthe Kanto saga, Ash obtained Damien's Charmander after he left it.

My question is, do you think Ash will get Chimchar in the same way; Shinji abandoning Chimchar, and it befriending Ash, so it can be more playful?

Discuss.

I doubt it. I think if Paul were to leave Chimchar it would have happened by now.

I think Paul will never release Chimchar..
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

I may just have to choke a ***** if that were to happen.

Purrrrrrr.

No. Just no. Paul will keep Chimchar and use it in the Leauge Showdown!

I think when chimchar evolves he becomes a lot more serious and powerful.
    That's why paul keeps it.

Despite the fact that Paul treats Cimchar like dirt (like everything else) I doubt that he will release it anytime soon.

If he was gonna he would have already.

And remember, he got it from the professor of Twinleaf Town.
    Paul will get problems with her if he release Chimchar.

Yes, Yes, YES, YES! I am a big fan of this idea! You have my vote! Also, he didn't get Chimchar from Rowan. He said something like so you're Prof. Rowan when he and Ash first battled.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

Yeah Im in for the idea for ash getting chimichar just to prove he is a better trainer than Shinji.

....um. He really doesn't have to prove it by taking on someone else's Pokemon. :/

Purrrrrrr.

I think Chimchar will stay with Paul so that the writers can have their starter battle between a possible Torterra vs. a possible Infernape. Plus, as many have said, Paul would've ditched that Chimchar by now.

You're all wrong.

Mukkubird will abandon Ash for Paul so it can become stronger, including it slicking it's hair back and gaining a pair of shade.

In all seriousness, no. I want Chimchar to stay with Paul, become bad-***, and maintain a rivalry with Turtwig. Of course, I also expect Chimchar to be the one to eventually lighten Paul up slightly when he saves him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    If he was gonna he would have already.
    From what I know Chimchar has only lost to Aipom (from the battle started, not like a 2vs 2 where Chimchar beats one and then gets beaten), but if Chimchar were to frequently lose one after another I doubt Paul would keep Chimchar
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

They'd want to keep him having his original Pokemon to keep up the good rivalry

And if he gave up Starly after a win, and Stantler merely by looking at it...why would he wait till later to dump Chimchar.

Mounting Frustration maybe? If Chimchar loses to turtwig or something, paul might decide to cut his losses and abandon it. Ash can then get it.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

You're all wrong.

Mukkubird will abandon Ash for Paul so it can become stronger, including it slicking it's hair back and gaining a pair of shade.

In all seriousness, no. I want Chimchar to stay with Paul, become bad-***, and maintain a rivalry with Turtwig. Of course, I also expect Chimchar to be the one to eventually lighten Paul up slightly when he saves him or something.
    I agree with that last part, definitely! Maybe Chimchar will save Paul in some way, and he'll become fonder of Chimchar...
    FC: 2062 5864 1764

I am an extremely novice online-battler. I'm still putting together my team and learning new things!

An utterly and definitely no. He didn't it release when it lost to Aipom and in the gym. Chimchar will stay with Paul forever and will become a badass pokemon.

I'm waiting for Grotle vs. Monferno.

Mukkubird will abandon Ash for Paul so it can become stronger, including it slicking it's hair back and gaining a pair of shade
    Mukubird can't slick his hair back! His hair gives him sup...sorry, muku strength!

Of course, I also expect Chimchar to be the one to eventually lighten Paul up slightly when he saves him or something.
    Same here, actually.
    Though I dunno about Chimchar eventually becoming some sort of *insert substitute word for 'badass*. I'd prefer it if it were to retain it's playful nature, even in it's final form. It makes for a more interesting dynamic, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    An utterly and definitely no. He didn't it release when it lost to Aipom and in the gym. Chimchar will stay with Paul forever and will become a badass pokemon.

I'm waiting for Grotle vs. Monferno.
    It lost one battle, Chimchar is Paul's first pokemon, it's going to take more than one defeat in a row to show paul that Chimchar is a bad pokemon to have, in his opinion. I also think paul has some sort of connection to chimchar, that's why he' not just releasing after one or two losses. But what do you suppose if Chimchar lost ten times in a row?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It lost one battle, Chimchar is Paul's first pokemon, it's going to take more than one defeat in a row to show paul that Chimchar is a bad pokemon to have, in his opinion. I also think paul has some sort of connection to chimchar, that's why he' not just releasing after one or two losses. But what do you suppose if Chimchar lost ten times in a row?
    Two battles. He lost against Aipom and against Roark's Cranidos.

No. Paul is going to evolve it and keep it. Plus, Ash hasn't had 2 of the starters in a while.
    Come to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon CODE Community!
    Come be just about any Pokemon you want (including D/P), and chat + hang out. The button below is the only click away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Two battles. He lost against Aipom and against Roark's Cranidos.
    So Chimchar was just sent out against the cranidos and lost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast