Thread: How do I make wurmple evolve into silcoon?

Default How do I make wurmple evolve into silcoon?

Ive tried about three times already, but it keeps evolving into cascoon. I dont know what to do, I hope you can answer my question.

I do make graphics, signatures, avatars, etc. PM me if you would like one.

Scepgatr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Catch another Wrumple. Evolve that one and see if it evolves into a Silcoon. Otherwise, you can catch wild Silcoons as well.

well I raise it up during AM and it always works.

Credit To Andrew_John for the Awsome and Sweet Banner!

:3

Scepgatr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

^No, time/gender doesn't change Wrumple's evolution. Its related to a fixed hidden value.
    So, if the present Wrumple doesn't evolve into a Silcoon, then all you can do is catch another one and try.

Well, actually I'd prefer to catch wild Silcoon instead of the Wurmple. I'm too lazy to train them, for the exception of Dustox's Toxic, though. *cough*shuckle*cough*

Totally random, time and gender don't affect.

It's all luck, i think.
    Back online. It's a new start.

A Wurmple has a set value, and this value will be determined the moment you encounter/catch it. This determines if it's a Silcoon or a Cascoon. There's no way to tell or change it.

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

I think that it all depends on the time of day. That always seems to be the case...
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by jcasta1314 View Post
    Ive tried about three times already, but it keeps evolving into cascoon. I dont know what to do, I hope you can answer my question.
    Evolve it duh. Silly.

Wurmple's evolution is determined by his Personality Value. This value is a set, hidden value, so you'll just have to catch another one until it evolves.

Credit to RaiBlade for the Userbar.

Trading site is CLOSED, since I am no longer able to use wi-fi connection. I apologise to everyone who I arranged trades with and to everyone who requested any Legendary through the Pro-Cloning club.

Smile What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramatic Melody View Post
    A Wurmple has a set value, and this value will be determined the moment you encounter/catch it. This determines if it's a Silcoon or a Cascoon. There's no way to tell or change it.
    What are you discussing here? What set value? Do you even know what a set value is? Can you give me a link to a website that discusses set values because I also found a link that talked about the boring formula to EXP points earned in battle? What do you mean by a Wurmple's set value will be determined the moment you encounter and capture it? In my current Pokemon Emerald Version game, I caught a level 3 male Wurmple at around 12:20 AM in the video game. He evolved into Cascoon. About an hour later, I found a female level 3 Wurmple and she evolved into Silcoon.
    Last edited by Max; 23rd June 2007 at 6:01 AM. Reason: I need a link to a website that talks about set values

For some reason my male wurmples always evolve into cascoon and female wurmples always evolve into silcoon. Mabye thats just luck though?
    [IMG]http://i11.*******.com/4fy1vs6.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i13.*******.com/2d94p68.jpg[/IMG]

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Grape Juice Then Sit Back And Watch The World Wonder How You Did It!

Well its not based on gender because I have evolved both a female and a male wurmple and both evolved into cascoon.

listen its based on pv just keep trying i always get silcoon
    shint count:1
    My Bishie Is so hands off!

As stated it is determined what it will evolve into when you catch it. The time it is encountered, time it evolves, gender, nature, etc. do not affect what it evolves into.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mallubear07 View Post
    listen its based on pv just keep trying i always get silcoon
    What's a pv?

what do you mean the stats are set when you catch it??? I really dont understand. What should i be lookking at to know what it will evolve into?

Going to be Silcoon or Cascoon, it is set at the time you capture it. So, saving your game before the Wurmple evolve won't change its evolution.

i think its like this.its a number between 1 and 5.numbers 3 and below evolve into silcoon.numbers 4 and 5 will evolve into cascoon.

I always thought it was the nature. I've caught 5 bashful wurmples and they all ended up as silcoons

wow, ok so apparently there is really no way you can tell what wurmple will evolve into i guess

Post Beautifly

Now I was lucky enough to encounter a Wurmple which evolved into a Silcoon on my first try in Pokemon Pearl. But it is all based on an undeterminable factor called a Personality Value.

To evolve Wurmple into a Silcoon its Personality Value must be below or equal to 4. But this factor cannot be altered so it pretty much is a game of luck. For me I just captured a level 14 Wurmple at Valley Windworks off a Honey Tree and it evolved into Silcoon.

So good luck with your quest but if you run up short and have not obtained a Silcoon, i am sure people online may be more than happy to trade with you via Nintendo WFC.

HUTCHI94

Just find a wild Silcoon, you can catch those, too. Problem is, it'll be a bit harder to evolve since it only knows harden.

And yes, Wurmple's evolution is based on personality value. I thought it was time of day when I was 7 though. :/

Ash/Red likes brunettes. In ALL universes. Supporter of Luckyshipping and Advanceshipping.

Spoiler:- Claims:

Bumping threads over a month old - let alone a more than a YEAR - is agaisnt the rules. Please look at the date the last post was made.

Closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.