Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Big Happiny Family! (506)

Default One Big Happiny Family! (506)

Explosive Birth! Cycling Road!

Enroute from Eterna City, Brock's egg starts to glow. Finding a nearby Nurse Joy and await the egg to hatch. Happiny hatches from the egg and immediately takes a shine to Brock. Lacking a White Rock however, Brock goes out to find one. However, Team Rocket have their eyes set on Brock's new Pink Pokémon. Can the new Pokémon be protected?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

-Get that bike music into your head, cause the twerps are on Cycling Road. Dawn has a flashback to when she first met Pikachu...yep, another bike electrocuted to a crisp. The 'Chu's gotta stop doing that to other girls' bikes.

-Soon, they get to a rather rundown Pokémon Center and encounter...AAAHHH! EMO JOY!

Brock still does his thing, with Croagunk holding him at Jab point.

-I'm guessing the Center hasn't had any trainers come by in years, making Joy the 'Crawling in My Skin' emo she is now. Brock shows his egg as Croagunk pokes a mushroom...and it starts to rain. TO THE CENTER!

-Back inside, Joy and Chansey are all fired up now as they do an electrode(not the Pokémon, the item used at hospitals) scan on the egg. Meanwhile...

-Team Rocket escaped the rain as well and are eating the...Pokémon food? Weird. Dawn pops in for a look around and they hide until she's gone.

-Back with the kids, the egg finally hatches...into a koot widdle Happiny! Brock gives her a bath as TR look on...

-HOLY KARP, CONTINUITY! We get a re-flashback from when Jesse was in Chansey nurse school, which was from a filler in Johto! This gives Jesse motivation to presumably steal Happiny after a Meowth-like look at the future: with them as Pokémon doctors, they'd be rich.

-Meanwhile, Happiny doesn't seem too happy. Dawn recalls the picture in the Dex--Happiny is missing the egglike stone she carries to imitate her evolutions!

-Brock goes outside to carve a Round Stone for the Cleric Wall using a sandpaper tool not unlike those in Wood Shop class. He's about to give the stone to Happiny when...TR suddenly steal her somehow. Darn pics...

-Motto, protest, fly off. James sends out Cacnea to stall with Sandstorm while they escape. Jesse makes the mistake of letting the baby out of her cage; and like a scene out of Rugrats, Happiny causes trouble--escaping by climbing the balloon. Wobbuffet tries getting her, but pulls too hard and rips the balloon instead!

-Back on the ground, Ash sends out Staravia to blow away the sand...and Joy goes back emo again! NOOOO~ But not to fear, there's an injured Starly and Weedle nearby which gives her some hope, and Chansey's got the first aid kit.

-Meanwhile, Jesse and Meowth try to cheer up Happiny(unsuccessfully) by making faces, and James comes back with some rocks for the Cleric Wall. Staravia spots them from the air.

-Joy finishes up bandaging Starly and Weedle(you know, it's been a while since we've seen one of those), and Staravia comes back with the news.

-TR isn't having luck with Happiny, and Jesse's fuse runs out as the twerps arrive. BATTLE!

-James sends out Cacnea, and Brock sends out Sudowoodo. Type advantage wins out as Cacnea pwns Sudo with Needle Arm.

-Meowth, Wobby, and Mime Jr.(!) corner Happiny...but she starts KICKING BUTT! Jesse sends out Seviper, but that makes things worse--Happiny uses Seismic Toss to knock it into TR!

-Ooh, but they're resilient! Cacnea uses Pin Missile, but Volt Tackle sends them blasting off.

-Brock finally gives Happiny the Round Stone, and catches her after an amusing scene...looks like Happiny doesn't know her own strength! How ironic as it has the lowest Attack in the game!

-Later on, the Center is refurbished and the kids say goodbye...but not without a quick flirt from Brocko! You know what happens next...JAB'D!
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 22nd June 2007 at 11:18 AM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Looked like a bit of a boring episode (as dose next weeks). But 4 thing stand out (4 me that is)
    -Greggle poking the mushrooms Lol
    -Wobbofetts face to make Happiny laugh. LOL It looks like one of them green slim badguys from The Legand of Zelda Majoras Mask.
    -Happiny Using a Seismic toss.
    -Cacnea kicking some butt.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Sweet, Happiny is like Bam Bam...but without the custody battle.

I wonder why someone shut down the speculation thread, yet didn´t open THIS thread for a few hours...

I loved the drawing style during the Rocket-Dan scenes. the intro was very nice...=) ( but...was the greggle-poison stab-scene recycled? it felt SO familiar...I AM SURE that they used a scene from "Mukkuru Ganbaru!"/DP13 and just replaced the ranger-chick with Nurse Joi...)
    I really like Makoto Shinj?´s style. The animation could have been a lot better, but his style is just cool.

Wow,...Musashi still has her special item that she shares with her Happinas friend...a very nice touch. Gotta love her fantasie about "Team Pokemon-Center" xD

I never liked Pinpuku from the official art or its sprite in the games...but the anime made it look adorable...Takeshi finally shows his breeder skills AND gets a cute yet cool baby pokemon. It reminds me of little Son Gohan...

Also, horray for Sonans upside-down with paint on it. xD

EDIT: STILL no real Happinas since the nurse-school-episode...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

The animation wasn't so good. In one stillframe, it looked like Brock's arm was being torn apart from the g-forces of throwing a Pokeball.

I like continuity.

And why did everyone get so freaked out when Croagunk was examining a mushroom?
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

i thought it was an ok episode but i did think that in some shots Happiny looked just ugly like disgustingly ugly eww

My co-ordinator card for pokemon tropicana http://z8.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Tropicana/index.php?
    I claim Tidetsu as my Bishie

That Chansey kept slapping Nurse Joy's butt. Take that as you will.

I like the fact that they made me not hate a pokémon that's on par with Azurril as the most pointless addition to the pokédex. Now that my fellow forum goers, is just peachy keen!
    I also like how they decided to make it a Brock abuser, just like good ol' Unca 'Gunk. Albeit, an accidental Brock abuser, but that's what makes it's routine funnier. And hey! Just like early Johto's Uber Wooper, it seems that Happiny is ignoring the typical traits of it's species (ie. being weaker than highly diluted orange juice) and is actually going to be capable of doing something that isn't just sucking on a bottle or crying. Yay!~

Can't think of anything else to add here. That very random wild Mukkuru had spine damage, and Muku.BIRD broke his legs again. 90% of Muku-related accidents occur in significant episodes.
    Last edited by Gravy; 22nd June 2007 at 4:06 PM.

Whoa snap! A reference to the friggin' Blissey episode?

Most episodes where eggs hatch tend to be pretty boring and standard episodes which feature nothing but the egg hatching and TR stealing the hatched Pokemon, (and though the Eevee one was different, it still was boring as hell) and this was no exception. Sure, the emo Joy was a bit more interesting than your typical Joy, but everything else was free of creativity and...dare I say it...DRAMA. Although some people still need to learn the difference between good and bad animation. Hey, even the best artists have a few errors.

Happiny hurling Brock in the air may very well be our next running gag, and while Brock pain is always amusing, it's nowhere near as amusing as Croagunk jabbing him.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

but everything else was free of creativity and...dare I say it...DRAMA.
    But...this episode had rain! FALLING RAIN I TELLS YA! BUCKET FULLS!

it's nowhere near as amusing as Croagunk jabbing him.
    However, a Happiny-Croagunk combo would rock!

So, I saw the epy pictures, and have this to say first off….
    HOLY FREAKING CRAP!?!?!? CONTINUITY?!?!?!? FROM JOHTO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!??!!111?!/!/

Now, back to my usual commentary.

Happiny looked preatty cute, but was her voice annoying? And aside from being kidnapped and playing with Pikachu, what did she do(if anything)?

I like how Jessie seemed to want to open up her own SUPER Pokemon Center(I liked the design of the P).

Oh, and BIKES. Didn’t see that coming. And they weren’t destroyed or nohting. That is weird. Is that a sign of the apokalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Happiny looked preatty cute, but was her voice annoying?
    It's actually pretty quiet, even when it's crying, and all it ever says is 'Puk'. So no, it's voice wasn't annoying at all.

Wait, Shinjo animated this? O_o? He came back?

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    But...this episode had rain! FALLING RAIN I TELLS YA! BUCKET FULLS!
    Yeah, but those floor tiles in the Pokemon Center, I tell ya...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

That would explain why the light coming from Happiny's egg was so much more intense than that usually seen in your everyday hatching process.

...so in the grand scheme of things, the floor tiles actually helped make the scene more....dare I say it.....dramatic. Oh sheet, poetic irony.
    Last edited by Gravy; 22nd June 2007 at 11:53 PM.

The episode was ok. The first scene was really nice and I liked how Dawn reminded Ash that Pikachu burned her bike. And Piplup, nice that you were only in that scene. I needed a break from you and now I'm back to loving you.

Happiny's voice is rather cute. I thought it was going to be high-pitched but it wasn't.I do expect her to have a very high-pitched voice in the dub. I feel that she was overpowered a bit when she threw Seviper but it was all ok.

Is my little bird supposed to be in every episode? He sure gets screen time.

Nice to see Sudowoodo again, it lost but he was really forgotten in the anime.I like Sudowoodo a lot but I feel that he's really getting the Mudkip treatment.

I think the personality of Happiny was just obvious. Happiny, she's supposed to be happy.I love that she's not just a baby who cries and loves to eat. She's powerful too with that Seismic Toss. I feel that she's bipolar, she was laughing and suddenly she started to cry...but oh well, no big deal.

Happiny throwing Brock is not as good as Croagunk stabbing him. It's alright but not as cool.

Let us hope that by the end of the season, she flings a Wailord into the atmosphere just to have it come crashing down.

I find it funny how Brock keeps getting all these Pokemon who stab him or throw him high in the air dispite him not wanting it LOL. Any ways saw the images and I enjoyed it. Haven't seen Ash and the gang ride on bikes for along time, since the bike episode in Indigo I think. I mean the Hoeon group never road bikes but suddenly D/P Trio group does, that's what I love about D/P there trying things that they haven't done in along time. What next?! Ash V.S Dawn over an egg? Oh wait they did that only with Brock winning. I'm really enjoying this season, its rockin.

I don't think it was a real Seismic Toss, just a "grab-and-toss".

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Sorry about that; I was just guessing that it was because it's a pretty standard move for competitive Blissey. And I thought of 'The Punchy Pokémon'(Machop threw Primeape around like that in the attack's debut)...I guess it'd be the standard around the world cutscene if it was ST.
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 23rd June 2007 at 5:48 AM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

That Happini is cute as hell. It's voice isn't loud, annoying and whiny which is a major plus and the fact that it finds enjoyment in tossing its trainer high into the air (thereby defying several laws of science...) is fun. ^.^

I honestly didn't expect the Blissey-eppy reference but it was a nice addition, quite fitting.
    Greggle poking mushrooms was just pure joy (no pun intended). I don't even know why, it was just amusing to watch...Brock and everyone else is freaking out over the Egg in the background while Greggle is just sitting there, in that signature completely-uninterested-fashion it has. Anybody else notice that they didn't show Brock return him to his Pokeball after that scene when they all ran inside? Leaving him out in the rain, aww. I guess that was supposed to be implied...

Wobbuffet making faces = XD.
    Would have been amusing if one of them suggested cooking it and eating it.

Looking back now, I find it strange that they titled the Episode 'Explosive Birth! Cycling Road!' seeing that Cycling Road was barely showcased in the whole episode itself. I mean...they showed it for a few minutes in the beginning and again for a few minutes at the end but the actual plot of the episode was situated in a Pokemon Center. Kind of misleading title but oh well, suppose its not that big of a deal.

Pretty okay episode. Nothing too majorly exciting except maybe Happini's feats of superhuman strength, but it wasn't total trash.
    "Why don't you buy your cane in a medical supply store like a normal cripple?"

so, was it Seismic Toss or not?!
    I can't wait to see the episode in the US!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

They didn't say the attack name; Happiny was just being freakishly strong.^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    They didn't say the attack name; Happiny was just being freakishly strong.^^;
    Strength, possibly?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Happiny has not used any attacks.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast