Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steamboat Willies! (507)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    You mean "no one can argue that Buneary isn't female"...or in other words "no one can argue that Buneary is male".
    Ah yes... Thank you for correcting me. Was caught up with something earlier, so it came out all wrong because I was rushing. XD;;

Yes, it did look like an extaned Pikacus Vacation. I pretty much liked the ep, it had some very funny moments, you got to see that Piplup is concidered to be a joint leader instead of being a baby (which was the status of Torchic pretty much until he evolved). TR was however more or less useless, the did nothing to further the plot, I think they could have skipped them out.

The part in the store was quite funny, Ash and Dawn was fun and Brock not having anyone stopping him from flirting was hilarious.

Around 7/10 with some 7,5 moments.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

It's kinda funny that PUSA would mention nightclubs in a kid's shows despite certain celebrity mess ups that occur in them.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Yeah, I was all, "What? They actually got the guts to mention nightclubs?! Bravo."

Well, at least not all dub lines are "for kiddies only" material.

After Brock mentioned the night club, Ash and Dawn said it would be fun! I can't believed they said that! I was amazed!!

"There are no coincidences in this world."

"There is only the inevitable"

On indefinite hiatus. May come back in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    But my biggest question with this whole scene that I doubt anyone would in there right mind about this show have thought is: How the hell do they pay for any of the stuff they buy? Not once in this show did they mention anything about a budget that they had, but here there are seen afterwards with bags of goods a plenty. Unless Brock paid for it, which could easily be assumed. Dawn might have a secret stash-o-cash before leaving. Ash, well... ya, no comment.
    Ash might get money off his mother...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

This episode wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I actually liked it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The Episode was cute:
    -Pokemon having fun
    -band Playing
    -dress up
    -and a magic Piplup.
    BUNP

i actually liked this episode.Pachirisu with the balloons was just so cute and i also liked the bit when bunery, happinny and aipom went into the dresser to try dresses on that was pretty cute. The bit in the marc was funny as well with Brock flirting and notcing that Crogonk wasnt there so he carried on flirung too. Pplup with the magic set again was pretty cute too ^-^. Altogether a pretty cute episode not really forcusing on anything but nice to see the pokemons relationship between each other

Since I haven't seen much Pokemon between Johto and Sinnoh, I was surprised when Aipom was revealed as being female. And yes, you gotta love the floating Parchisu and the pokeband they had. And Crogunk having a staring contest with itself was funny as well.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Ash might get money off his mother...
    Methinks that Pallet Town is trying to up its tourist appeal and Ash gets commissions every time he says "I'm Ash from Pallet Town"

The title of the episode was kind of ridiculous. American kids will think the episode was a parody of the first episode of Mickey Mouse: "Steamboat Willy" except they replaced the "y" with the "ies."

That was kind of the point.

Since this episode involves hijinx on a steamboat, plus a scare as it almost crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    The title of the episode was kind of ridiculous. American kids will think the episode was a parody of the first episode of Mickey Mouse: "Steamboat Willy" except they replaced the "y" with the "ies."
    Where the hell have you been? All the titles are plays on other titles/sayings/etc.

Good episode. PUSA seems to have put to rest the question of Aipom's gender, as well as Buneary's. And to a lesser extent, Pikachu's could be almost confirmed. I doubt Japan intended this.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

We may never know Pikachu's true gender until the writers decide to......
    BUNP

*sigh*

It's not PUSA's place to decide the gender of the gang's pokemon because they didn't create the show. They're merely translators.

And, IIRC, the Japanese version of this episode doesn't mention any genders at all.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    *sigh*

It's not PUSA's place to decide the gender of the gang's pokemon because they didn't create the show. They're merely translators.

And, IIRC, the Japanese version of this episode doesn't mention any genders at all.
    And yet when the gender is blatantly obvious like Aipom and Buneary, there's something wrong with that?

Why in the world do people try to prove Buneary isn't a girl? Its absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah I had no problem with Dawn saying "girls", since it's obvious anyway.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Not everything has to be a confirmation via lines. Having them in dresses is more than a confirmation even if the characters doesn't mention they are girls.

Buneary wore flowers on the ears. Is that the hallmark of a guy? Methinks not. Usually it's the girls who have anything to do with flowers. I know that's gender stereotyping, but from what we've seen in the show so far... there's plenty of visual confirmation about that. I haven't seen a male Pokémon give a hoot about flowers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by P13 View Post
    Methinks that Pallet Town is trying to up its tourist appeal and Ash gets commissions every time he says "I'm Ash from Pallet Town"
    Or Ash is endorsed by some unknown sponsor because of his BF win.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Sudowoodo doesn't appear much but when it does it's awesome. I loved it in this episode.

Super cute episode i liked it A LOT =D This was the one episode i thought pachirisu was cute and not a total pain in the neck.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Honestly,I liked and hated the episode.I can't really explain anything about that feeling,so let me just post my pluses and deltas about the episode.

Pluses:

That Brock mentioned the steamboat having a nightclub.Made me hope Dawn would get herself into a predicament

The fact that the Pokemon showed they know how to do more than just battle.

Also the fact the Pokemon showed that animals can also wear clothing.

It showed what people in a PokeMart is like in the anime.

Team Rocket appeared.This was one of the few episodes I WANTED them to appear in.

That a person like the captain of that steamboat actually helped save the Pokemon.You wouldn't expect that,would you?

But they still all got the acclaim.

Deltas:

That Brock mentioned the steamboat having a nightclub.Just plain incorrect.

Ash and Dawn said it would be fun.Don't get your hopes up too high,Dawn!

The Pokemon seemed to know a little TOO much.

But they still couldn't tell that Team Rocket was in disguise.

The panty shot.There has been one on Drake & Josh,but it's just too inappropriate.
    Last edited by POKEMASTERNATHAN; 15th December 2007 at 8:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMASTERNATHAN View Post
    Honestly,I liked and hated the episode.I can't really explain anything about that feeling,so let me just post my pluses and deltas about the episode.

Pluses:

That Brock mentioned the steamboat having a nightclub.Made me hope Dawn would get herself into a predicament

The fact that the Pokemon showed they know how to do more than just battle.

Also the fact the Pokemon showed that animals can also wear clothing.

It showed what people in a PokeMart is like in the anime.

Team Rocket appeared.This was one of the few episodes I WANTED them to appear in.

That a person like the captain of that steamboat actually helped save the Pokemon.You wouldn't expect that,would you?

But they still all got the acclaim.

Deltas:

That Brock mentioned the steamboat having a nightclub.Just plain incorrect.

Ash and Dawn said it would be fun.Don't get your hopes up too high,Dawn!

The Pokemon seemed to know a little TOO much.

But they still couldn't tell that Team Rocket was in disguise.

The panty shot.There has been one on Drake & Josh,but it's just too inappropriate.
    I saw the episode, but where was the panty shot?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast