Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose's Poison

Post Rose's Poison

OK, this is my very first fanfic. ever. As a whole, it's rated R, but that's only because of a few chapters. The main ships in it are contestshipping (May&drew), pokeshipping (ash&misty), rocketshipping (jessie&james), pearlshipping (ash&dawn), as well as some past cookieshipping (may&harley) tease advanceshipping (may&ash), whatever you call gary&fangirls--shipping, eventually there'll be some penguinshipping (dawn&kengo), and pretty much whatever i decide to add later on. ^^
    yeah, it's a lot. deal.

First off, this is a warning to all hard-core harley fans, DO NOT READ! as there will be a lot of charactors bad mouthing him. feel free to give constructive criticism, but only where it's needed. R&R and enjoy, but don't be too harsh. ^_^;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Chapter One
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PG13

“May… May, come on! Wake up! It’s the first day of school, and you’re gonna be late!”

Fifteen-year-old May Maple lazily growled in the direction the chipper voice was coming from. Slowly opening her eyes, she saw her 12-year-old brother, Max, staring at her with an irritated look.

“Geez! What does it take to wake up a teenage girl?!” Max mocked, pushing up his glasses.

“At 5:00 in the morning, a blow horn. Good thing you’ve already got it covered with that big mouth of yours!” May and Max did argue often, but it was always friendly. Never had they gotten themselves entangled into a fierce war of words-- or fists for that matter. After all, he was May’s little brother, and she felt as if she were a protective barrier that no one could break through.

Max rolled his eyes and replied with a smile, “Just come on. Mom made pancakes.”

“Ok, tell her I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

“MOM! MAY’S COMING DOWN IN A FEW MINUTES!” Max bellowed down to his mom, Caroline.

May sweatdropped. “Max, I could’ve done that!”

“So why’d you ask me?”

“Go away, pain!”

“Fine, I’m gone.”

“Good.”

And with that, Max quietly shut the oak door with a smirk on his face.

May quickly slipped out of her pajamas and into her favorite hot pink tee and dark blue jeans. Reaching under her bed, she drug out her newest shoes; black Sketchers with three electric blue stripes in the shape of lightning bolts. After lacing them up, she scurried downstairs where her breakfast was waiting for her.

“Oh, May, I was wondering when you’d come down,” said the tender voice of Caroline. “Breakfast is ready. I made your favorite!”

“Thanks Mom!” A lengthy grin spread across May’s face as she glanced at her always-smiling mother. Her father, Norman, was sitting in a gray recliner reading the local newspaper that appeared on their porch every morning.

“Good morning, May,” he said with a yawn. “Are you ready for your first day in high school?”

“I sure hope so,” replied May with a troubled look. “I know Misty, Ash, and Gary are going to be there, but just after going through the eighth grade, I don’t know what to expect. I don’t even know if I’ll have any classes with them.”

Caroline tried to soothe her worried daughter. “Don’t worry dear, everything will be just fine. I remember my first day at my high school.”

“And how did that go?” questioned Max from the table in a flat tone.

“Well, I didn’t have any classes with my friends. Only the worst bullies in the school. But-” she was cut off by a fearful May.

“So that means I won’t be able to see anyone I know??!!”

“BUT,” Caroline continued. “I soon made very reliable friends with other kids, who I eventually introduced to my old group of friends. We became very close, and we all graduated together. And do you know who some of the people are that I met there?”

“Who?”

“Ash, Gary, and Misty’s parents, Delia Ketchum, Susan Oak, and Isabel Waterflower.”

“Oh, wow!” exclaimed May, who was now chowing down on her pancakes. “Really? You knew them that long ago?”

“Yes, and they introduced me to your father.”

“Isabel was my dearest friend,” recalled Norman. “I know her all the way back from kindergarten. I remember how whenever we were mad at our parents, we would go over to each other’s house and hide out there. Of course, after a while it became a habit to the point where we’d go too often.” He sweatdropped. “Then our parents caught us and we got in huge trouble.”

Max suddenly began desperately coughing due to the memories coming back to him from his father’s story; the countless times he repeatedly snuck out to his friend’s house out of pure boredom. Vivi Winstrate had always welcomed him in in the dead of night as he crawled through her window. They would stay up for hours just chatting the night away, yet softly enough so the other family members wouldn’t wake.

Startled by Max’s unexpected coughing, May exclaimed, “Max, what’s wrong?! Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah,” lied Max, stumbling over his words. “Just, um, took me by surprise. That’s all.”

“Oh, May! Max! Look at the time,” Caroline cried, looking at her watch. “You don’t want to be late on your first day!”

“Oh my gosh! Thanks for reminding me!” May said, dumbfounded. Grabbing her backpack, she hurriedly bolted out the door to catch a ride to her new school.

When the bus stop was in view, about three blocks from her house, she saw a red-headed girl about the same age as her boarding the bus. She had on a sky blue tee with the words ‘Aqua Gal’. Her pants were similar to May’s, but lighter in color and randomly placed rhinestones lined the sides.

“Hey, Misty!” May shouted. “Wait for-” before her words left her mouth, she tripped on a rock that she failed to notice. The impact from the ground resulted in a small, but deep, gash on her right arm. May cringed, but managed to get up and onto the bus.

Misty, signaling for May to sit, noticed her arm and asked with concern, “Geez, are you okay? What happened?”

“Oh, I tripped,” May cried. “I’ll clean it up at school.”

At that moment, Ash entered through the open doors. The girls could tell he had been barely conscious when he got dressed. He had on loose fitting jeans held up by a belt, which was covered up by a dark green shirt, which, incidentally, was inside-out. “Hey guys,” he groaned, but grew wide-eyed at the sight below him. “Whoa, what happened? Got into a catfight with Harley?”

May sneered at the name of her ex-boyfriend. “No, I didn’t see him, nor do I want to see his gay *** in any of my classes. You know, he‘s been calling me every frickn‘ week for three months after the last day of school last year. Do you know how annoying that is?” The last time she saw Harley with any respect was when they were leaving school for the year at the end of eighth grade.

“So, Harley, I’ll see you at the dance tonight, right?” questioned May with glittering eyes.

“Of course, Doll Face! Anything for you!”

That night, May spent hours getting ready, but only to find a not so pleasant surprise. Once she strolled through the double doors, she headed towards the heavily-decorated gym. However, just to her left was a door with a glass window and just beyond it was none other than Harley in an unbuttoned tux, lip-locked with a bleach blond. May burst through the door. “Harley?! Oh my god, what are you doing”

Unattaching himself from the girl, he hissed with a shadow across his face, “Get the hell out of here May! In case you can‘t take a hint, we‘re through.”

The girl beside him stood as she spoke. Her nearly black, indigo eyes seemed to pierce May with cruelty. “Harley’s right. He never wanted you around from the start.”

“But Harley,” May began in a quivering voice. “you’ve always said…”

“Forget what he’s said. It didn’t mean a thing. He’s with me now, and nothing you say will change that.”

Trying to hold back tears forming behind her eyes, May looked to Harley with very little hope.

“Just get lost,” uttered Harley coldly, wrapping his arm around the girl as he stood. “Go get Ash and cry to him. I’m sure he’ll listen considering all the time you spent with him.”

Overwhelming sadness and betrayal hitting May like a ton of bricks, she fled through the door behind her. Tears of emotion streamed down her face as she raced from Oldale’s middle school. Finally reaching home, she swung open the door, thankful her parents were out that night. Vivi and Max, who were playing with a deck of cards on the floor, jumped at her sudden appearance.

By finally cornering May in her room, Max cried, “May, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?!”

“Did you get hurt?” Vivi asked, trying to help.

May mustered up all her willpower and courage, and she managed to faintly say, “It… it’s Harley…”

“Not really,” Ash said, answering May’s question. “but can you tell me what happened to your arm?”

Misty, getting irritated, snapped, “She fell, okay? Now sit!”

“Geez, girls these days…”

When they got to school, they saw that Gary was already at his locker. “So, you guys finally decided to show up after all. Better late than never, I guess.”

“We weren’t late. The stupid bus was,” Misty growled irritably.

“Oh, hey, I’m going to the office to try to get this cleaned up,” said May trying to change the subject.

“Wow, what happened?” asked Gary cluelessly.

Misty sweatdropped. “She tripped.”

“Okay, well, see ya guys!” May started down the hall to the nurse’s by following signs in the unfamiliar territory. Finally finding it, she slipped inside and asked to use the sink in the bathroom. As she took a corner in the small hallway, someone bumped into her hard causing her to trip yet again.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” complained an emerald haired boy. Looking down, he jeered as he flipped his hair, “What, can’t keep your balance?”

“Well, excuse me for not taking the corner so fast!” May shot back. Feeling the pain of her arm, she cringed and remembered why she was there in the first place. “Listen, I don’t have time to deal with you. I need to wash this off before it gets infected.”

“Oww, that looks bad.” His bright green eyes flashed. “Need help?”

May detected the sarcasm in his last comment. “No, I don’t want or need it.”

“There you go with that cocky attitude again,” he sighed with false emotion.

“You’re telling me?”

“Fine, be that way. Bathroom’s on the right,” he stated, letting May win the battle. “Careful-- don’t fall!” He won the war.

May gritted her teeth and thought, ‘Why does there have to be such self-centered guys like that? And what’s with the hair flip? Figures all the cute ones have to be so full of crap. Oh well. Every rose has its thorns, I guess.’ Reaching the bathroom, she rinsed out the painful dust in the cut. She thanked the attendant behind the counter and went to find her friends. May first found Misty who was trying to forcefully open her assigned locker.

The emerald haired boy, with his hands in his pockets, sauntered down the hallway, not noticing the crowds of girls forming on either side whispering amongst themselves as he passed. ‘ “Need help”? Geez, talk about lame,’ he thought. ‘Even I would hate having to argue with me.’ He watched as a boy, probably a little younger than he, raced by while a stampede of crazed fan-girls trailed him. “Poor guy,” the green haired boy said to himself. “At least I’m not like that.”

“Look! There he is!” sounded a shriek from behind.

“Spoke too soon,” he sighed as he sweatdropped. With that, he darted off in an attempt to escape.

“Oh, come on, damnit! Open!”

“Having problems?” May said with a giggle.

“Don’t start.”

“Hey, where’s Ash and Gary?”

“Well, if you must know,” Misty sighed. “Gary attracted a huge group of pathetic excuses for girls and they chased him off.” Gary was what one might call a ladies man. He was always running from fan girls he attracted. Ash, often jealous, would try to get their attention only to be rejected by all but one girl. Dawn had known him from when they were both in Jhoto and had been crushing on him ever since. Unfortunately, Ash had never suspected a thing and had always thought she had valued him only as a friend.

“And, of course,” she continued. “they ignored Ash like a bag of bricks, so he went to find his locker. He said it was number 227.” She pointed down the hall.

“Number 227? Hey, mine’s 231!” May chirped. Maybe high school wouldn’t be so bad after all. She said good-bye to Misty and headed down the very hall Ash had. “Let’s see… 238, 237... 233, here we go, 231.” When she got there, Ash was no where to be seen. ‘Oh well,’ she thought, opening her locker. ‘I just hope I’ll be able to see him in one of my classes.’ May, looking at her schedule, noticed that her first class was the ever-confusing English. ‘Oh, joy.’

When she was in the classroom, the first thing she noticed was the teacher’s name on the board in big, poorly-drawn letters: MR. SHIBELLA. May also noticed how neat and organized the room was. Every paper on the teacher’s desk was in its place-- not one out of line. The spotless walls were painted a blinding white making May squint.

‘Geez, it seems like a filing cabinet. This is going to be one hell of a class,’ she thought stiffly. However, interrupting her thoughts was a high-pitched, childish voice she was not willing to hear.

“Why May! How nice it is to see you again! Feels like it’s been a really long summer, hasn’t it?”

Looking up, May saw the long mess of violet hair atop a pail face. “Harley! What are you doing here?!” May asked with a squeak.

“Well, it just so happens that I have this class as well! Won’t this be fun?” Harley asked with excessive but false enthusiasm. “Listen, May, I’ve been thinking this through for a while now, and I just want to say that I’m very sorry for what I did.” He clasped her hands in his. “I know what I did was really not nice, but I want to make it up to you somehow!”

“Harley…”

“Oh, please May!” Tears of fake emotion rolled down his cheeks. “I won’t even say anything when you’re kissing Ash in the hallways!”

“Harley, you creep!” May shouted with disgust as she withdrew her hands. “I‘m not dating Ash, much less kissing him! Besides, you kept calling me up and b******* at me over summer vacation.”

Harley looked taken back, but soon recovered with a fierce shadow forming on his face. “Hey, you were only getting what you deserved.”

“What I deserved?! You cheated on me!”

“Don’t play dumb, May. I know you were sneaking around with Ash way before the dance.”

“Ash is one of my best friends, and he’ll never be anything more than that. But why would I waste my time trying to sneak around behind your pathetic back? If I wanted to say anything, I would’ve just gone up and said it!”

“Oh please, May, don’t act like you’re so innocent!” Harley began shouting. “I’ve seen how you’re always together, how you cry on his shoulder. And when you’re with him, you’re always laughing and flirting with each other!”

“Yeah, we laugh at each other because we know what makes us laugh. That’s not flirting, it’s two friends having a good time!”

“Yeah, friends. How stupid do you think I am?”

“Pretty stupid if you think I like him!”

Just then, Gary trudged through the door obviously tired out from running. Taking one look at Harley, he complained, “Whoa, what’s that doing here?”

May crossed her arms. “Oh, you know, just the usual lifeless scum we’re stuck with every year.”

“What do you mean, ‘lifeless scum‘?” spat Harley.

“It means, get a life, scum!”

Mr. Shibella, having heard almost the entire thing, strut over to the bickering two and barked, “That’s quite enough. I will not have this teenage nonsense in my classroom. Now take your seats this instant!” A few moments after his words, the shrieking bell signaled the start of first hour.

As the class continued, May knew her teacher was evil. Not only did she sit right in front of Harley, but Gary was on the other side of the room. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the hourly bell screeched again, ending class.

Second hour, May had gym with Misty. She immediately rushed over to May to exchange news from the previous class.

“Hey! What’s up? Guess what? I have an awesome teacher, class with Ash, I even sit by him! And guess what else?”

“Yeah?” May responded with little care.

“What’s wrong? You’re usually hyped up by now.”

“Well, for starters, the teacher‘s evil, I have to share a cell with a creepy little night crawler, and by that, yes I do mean Harley, and a classroom that burns my brains!” May began rubbing her eyes. “I swear that teacher’s some sort of foreign robot sent down to earth from planet X.”

“...Wow… so you had a good time?” Misty asked with heavy sarcasm. That only resulted in May giving her a grimacing look.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better,” Misty continued. “I have an annoying boy in my class too. But,” She giggled. “he is kind of cute. In fact, that’s him, right over there.” In the direction of her gaze was none other than the green haired ego-maniac trying to shoot a basketball through a hoop and having much success.

May became somewhat alarmed by his presence. “Oh my gosh! Misty, that’s him! The pretty boy from the office!”

“What, really? Hah! Imagine that!”

“Ha ha, very funny. Did you catch his name at all?”

“No. I was bugging Ash. Why?”

“Oh, no reason. Just so I can give him more crap next time I talk to him-- if I do, that is.”

A quick voice was heard from the direction most of the boys were playing basketball. “Hey! Heads up!”

Looking up from the conversation, May caught a quick glance at an orange orb plummeting at her before instinctively ducking and letting out a piercing shriek.

“Sorry!” apologized the owner of the ball. He retrieved it and went back to his game.

Unfortunately for May, she caused a ruckus that attracted the attention of the teenage boy she had been gossiping about earlier. “Well, well, well. Look what we have here!” He couldn’t believe his good fortune! “Miss ‘I don’t want or need your help!’”

“What do you want?” May spat.

“Nothing much. I just wanted to properly introduce myself. The name’s Drew,” he said, flipping his hair. “And if I’m not mistaken, you’re this girl’s friend. May, right?”

“FYI,” Misty snapped. “my name is Misty. Not ‘this girl.’ And yes, this is May.”

“You told him my name without getting his?” May asked accusingly.

Before Misty could say anything in her defense, the coach, Mrs. Sailean, blew an earsplitting screech out of her whistle. “Okay, everyone take a seat on the bleachers! My name is Mrs. Sailean. You may call me that or Coach. Either is fine. In just a few minutes I’ll have you all go into either the girls or boys locker room depending on which you prefer.” An awkward silence blanketed the students. “Once you’re there, you’ll be assigned a locker and given its combination.” She gave out a few more instructions, and dismissed everyone afterward.

May and Misty lumped together and managed to beat the crowd. Luckily, their lockers were side-by-side. After toying with them for a while, the girls sat and chatted. A few other girls joined in before the bell rang, once again, and sent them to their next class.

Third and fourth hour’s classes, math and social studies, seemed to go by quickly, considering May, Misty, Ash and Gary were all together. However, Harley was unfortunately in both. Finally, with only two class periods left, they had lunch.

The cafeteria was very large in size with stained wood tables lined up in rows. Framed pictures, drawings, and paintings were mounted on the walls in support of Petalberg’s pride for it’s high school. Vending machines lined the front of the room, providing alternative options for lunch. On the opposite wall were the large and small appliances holding school-provided lunches.

“Yes! First day and we’re having pizza!” Ash celebrated as he started taking sloppy bits of the stringy food, making the others sweatdrop.

Gary smirked. “Same old Ash; always him and his food.” He picked up a spoon and started carving out his pudding cup. “If you ask me, the food here is as good as getting it out of a garbage can.” With a sigh, he looked at Ash. “Figures.”

“You know, he’s got a point,” Misty said flatly as Ash stuffed more pizza in his mouth. “And you wonder why you can’t get a date…”

May laughed at this, as she knew how Misty had been trying to get Ash’s attention for months now. She would give hints that even the most dense could figure out, such as complimenting him for the most horrifying clothes which only resulted in an overconfident fashion sense. Apparently ‘obvious’ wasn’t enough.

Just then, the voice of the attendant in the office came floating through the cafeteria. “Attention all ninth-graders. You’ve probably heard from earlier students about the annual trip to Mt. Canyon amusement park. Well, now’s your chance. Your teachers have once again pulled enough money together for two whole days of fun in the sun. The trip will be in eleven days, so get those permission slips in! For further information, ask any of the health teachers.”

“Wow!” exclaimed May. “This is going to be so much fun!!!”

Misty’s eyes sparkled. “I know! May, Mt Canyon has an indoor and outdoor water park and amusement park!”

“How can the school even afford that?” Ash wondered aloud.

“Who cares,” May asked, giving Ash a look. “Gary, aren’t you excited?”

“Yeah, fun, but don’t you think it’s a little early in the year to be going on a field trip?” Gary asked blankly. “By the way…” He pointed over May’s shoulder. “Who’s you friend?”

May looked behind her to see the flashing emerald eyes of Drew staring down at her. “What do you want?” she asked, angered by his company.

“Nothing much, just to see if you’re going,” stated Drew, flipping his hair.

“You bet I am!” chirped May, lightening up. “I can just see the sun shining down, the birds flying high, and me screaming as I’m plummeting down the biggest roller coaster in the park!”

“Yeah, if we’re going to the kiddy park.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” May yelled crossly.

“It means, little girl, that I think you’re too scared to go on Haties,” Drew challenged, getting in her face.

Rising to her feet, May furiously shouted, “I’m not a little girl! I’m fifteen and not scared of some roller coaster! I’ve got courage, just to let you know.”

“Hey, I never said you didn’t,” he uttered, awkwardly ending his statement.

“Is that a compliment?” May irritably questioned. But before she got an answer, a full, ruby rose was thrust at her.

“Don’t think anything of it,” said Drew with no expression. “Just don’t bail.” Without another word, he walked away.

A smear of pink spread across May’s face as Misty taunted, “Ooo, May, I think he likes you!”

“Misty, didn’t you just hear him?” May objected, clenching the rose in her fist. “He said not to think anything of it. It’s probably just another way for him to be a smart ***!” She then realized how tightly she was gripping the elegant stem. Carefully letting it go, May was shocked to see that all of it’s thorns had been picked off. “Hey, wait. Why doesn’t it have any thorns?”

“Because he didn’t make a point,” Ash miffed, creating groans from the rest. “What?”

“Ash, that was bad,” Misty sighed, then turned to May. “He probably didn’t want you to hurt your hand. How sweet!”

“Am I missing something?” asked Gary, unaware of the situation.

“Yeah,” May began in a stubborn voice. “He’s the jerk who banged into me in the office. And he said that I should’ve watched where I was going!”

“Well, you can be a bit clumsy!”

“Gary, shut up.”

Hearing the bell ring, the foursome headed their separate ways for their next classes. However, just as the corner came to an end, there inside the health classroom emerged the lime green head of hair surrounded by an almost silent group of fan-girls. May noticed there were two new faces added to Drew’s side; a boy that was about half a foot taller than Drew and a girl just a little shorter than him. She had shimmering navy blue hair with three barrettes and sparkling blue eyes. May recognized her as Dawn. The boy had bleach white hair, and he too had green eyes, although his were a great deal darker than Drew’s

The fan-girls seemed to be watching their every move. Looking up, Drew caught a glimpse of a disgusted May at the door. But there was something else he noticed; she was still holding his rose. ‘Wow! After that display, I thought for sure she would chuck it.’ As he pondered over this thought, he flipped his hair which caused the surrounding fan-girls to squeal in delight.

Just then, Dawn whispered, obviously very annoyed, “Come on, Drew! What did I say about flipping your hair in front of them!” The other boy just sweatdropped.

“What a loser. Must be his girlfriends,” May muttered under her breath. She sat in a seat on the opposite side of the room and waited for instructions. It wasn’t long before the bell rang and the teacher walked in. She had blond hair gathered back in a ponytail and a very welcoming smile.

“Hey everyone! Welcome to the overwhelmingly dreadful health class!” the teacher said, trying to brighten things up. May giggled at this. “My name is Mrs. Leekken and you’ll be seeing me everywhere for the next few long, boring months.” She picked up a plain blue flyswatter in the shape of a rounded hand. “This is what I use when someone doesn’t get the answer right,” she said optimistically. Eyeing the group of fan-girls drooling over Drew, she slammed the flyswatter on their table with a huge crash. The ruckus caused the girls to unleash an ear-splitting scream for a split second, grabbing the attention of any half asleep students.

May tried to keep her significant laughter to herself. She knew she would look forward to this class whether it had Drew in it or not.

Mrs. Leekken continued, “Okay, now that we’re all listening, let’s get to introductions.” She pointed to May with her ‘hand.’ “Let’s start with you, Miss…”

“May. May Maple.”

“Oh, what a lovely name! Okay, May, now that we know your name, can you tell us some things you enjoy?”

“Well, I love pretty much anything to do with the mall!” May replied with a grin.

“Mmhm, I do too. But I can’t go very much anymore. One, because I have two kids to take care of, two, because a lot of students like to go and it’s ‘weird’ seeing an old teacher at the mall ‘cause no one thinks that us boring school teachers have a life,” Mrs. Leekken said plainly through the view of a student. There were scattered snickers and whispers in agreement throughout the room.

“By the way, Mrs. Leekken, they said on the announcements something about a trip to Mt. Canyon.”

“Oh, yes, the field trip. Yeah, the whole ninth grade will be taking a field trip there, but I’m sure none of you want to hear about that.” She winced as the entire class protested in loud cries. “Okay, okay. We’re taking a two-day trip in a week and a half. The reason it’s so early is so we can go before it gets to be at sub zero temperatures. Everything is explained on the handout on the cart by the door, so grab one on the way out,” Mrs. Leekken finished as she pointed. “Anyway, where were we?”

As the intros continued, May learned the boy’s name was Brendan. By the way they were acting in class, May had the impression that all three were part of the “in crowd.” Later, the first units were introduced including the ever popular human growth and development. When health was over, May gathered her things and walked out, deciding it would be a little awkward to talk to Dawn at this point.

During May’s final class, science, she found she was alone, yet thankful she didn’t see the murky shadow of Harley. She remained quiet until a hyperactive girl bounced over.

“Hi! Like, who are you?” the girl asked, seeming to come from nowhere.

Her thoughts shattered, May’s alarmed heart skipped a beat as she jumped in surprise. Looking up, she came eye to eye with a cheery valley girl. Her short hair was pulled back in two high pigtails. The color of it startled May a bit, as it was a shocking red.

The girl spoke again in an apologetic tone, but obnoxious nonetheless. “Like, OMG! I am SO sorry! I didn’t mean to, like, scare you or anything. But, like, anyway, my name’s, like, Jessie!”

“I’m May,” she said wearily.

“May, that’s, like, SUCH a pretty name! Like, totally! So May, do you, like, know anyone in here? ‘Cause I just, like, don’t.”

“No, not really. But it’s nice to meet you.”

“Like, same here!”

She and May talked until the teacher walked in and began the lesson. It wasn’t anything major, just a bunch of intros, expectations, and a mini tour of the room. However, it was in that class period that May learned the true meaning of ‘saved by the bell.’ Once the class was over, May departed back to her locker where she found the others waiting for her.

“There’s nobody in my classes that I know,” complained Ash. “I’m clueless.”

Gary smirked. “What’s so new about that?”

Stopping Ash from talking, Misty turned to him and said with her hands up defensively, “Don’t worry, I’m sure he didn’t mean it like that! Besides, you have it better than me. I’ve got Harley in one of my classes.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“Wow, I must be lucky,” May sighed as the group started walking towards her locker. “I’ve got Drew, two of his friends, and all his fan-girls. And Dawn is one of his friends. I never thought she’d actually hang out someone like him.”

“Maybe she’s his girlfriend,” Misty guessed.

May turned the knob on her locker and replied, “Maybe. I don’t think she was by the way she was acting.”

“Ooo! Someone’s in denial!”

“No comment,” May muttered under her breath. When her locker door swung open, something caught her eye. A rose was perched delicately on the dull, lifeless shelf. As odd as it was that it was even in her locker, this one didn’t look like any other rose she’d ever seen. The luscious green of the stem seemed to overcome the faded color of the petals.

“What the heck is that?” Gary asked, seeing the strangeness of the flower.

“I don’t know. I’ve never gotten any flowers except for Valentine’s day or something like that. Well, besides the one I got at lunch.”

“Wait, how did it even get in there?”

“Good question. I’d better not keep anything valuable in here… or maybe just ask for a different locker?” An unexpected silence crossed the group.

“Why would someone put a rose in a locker?” Ash asked flatly, disturbing the pause. “It’ll just die anyway.”

“Oh, Ash,” Misty said holding her head. “It means that someone likes her. You know, May, I’ll bet it’s from Drew!”

May dropped the rose. “Eww. Then I don’t want anything to do with it. He’s so annoying! Come on, let’s go.”

As the group walked out the door, a pair of luminous eyes followed them. They progressed back over to the limp flower, then the figure unhurriedly wandered elsewhere.

May, Misty, and Ash bid farewell to Gary, and stepped onto the bus. However, just as they were starting to enjoy themselves, the ever-so-popular Drew casually jumped aboard. Feeling a new presence on the bus, the threesome instinctively looked up to make direct, yet awkward, eye contact with him. Drew looked shocked for a moment, but quickly regained his stance.

“What’s this? The bus to the wimp’s convention?” he inquired, flipping his hair.

May stood up at his insult. “What are you doing here?”

“Yeah,” Misty snapped. “I thought we got rid of you after lunch!”

“It just so happens that the bus that I ride from home can’t drop me off,” Drew stated matter-of-factly. “So I have to settle for this one. And, I didn’t get rid of May until after sixth hour.” He stepped forward and into the seat directly in front of the two girls, making them scowl.

“Well,” May growled irritably. “Can’t you at least sit in the front so we don’t have to put up with you back here?”

“Like I said before, you and that cocky attitude.”

“Okay, Miss Manners. Leave.”

The grouchy bus driver then arrived and grunted his way up the steps. Taking off his hat and scratching his shiny head, he barked in a craggily voice, “Alright, everyone, siddown, shuddup, and listen. I’ll drive you to yur house, and you’ll be quiet on the way there, got it?”

May leaned over and whispered into Misty’s ear, “I’m not so sure if I want him knowing where I live.”

“Me either,” Misty murmured in response. “He seems like the guy who kills everyone in the movies.”

May giggled at that. “Yeah, or the guy who gets dumped by his girlfriend, gains 200 pounds, goes bald, and ends up living in a cracker box apartment with 60 loud cats!”

“Too little too late, May!”

“Don’t let him hear you!” Drew whispered harshly. “They call him Heartless Herm and for a good reason.”

May gave him a puzzled look. “How’d he get that name?” This made Misty sweatdrop.

“Someone just randomly came up with it one day and it stuck,” Drew quickly replied with heavy sarcasm. “Seriously, didn’t you just hear him?”

“Well, soo-rry! I forgot you know everything,” May shot back, imitating Drew’s tone.

With a triumphant smirk, he flipped his hair and replied, “Yeah, I know. It’s hard to remember.” May made a face at this. The bus jolted to a start with the turn of the driver’s key, creating an invisible force ramming everyone into the back of the seat ahead of them. Within a short time, May began to recognize the edge of her neighborhood. The bus rolled to a stop as May and Misty bid farewell to Ash and reluctantly to Drew.

May’s home appeared at a very early and unwanted time. However, it was almost dinner time. She once again said goodbye, strolled up the walk, and pushed open the auburn door. She walked in to find Caroline at the kitchen counter cooking up a storm and Norman sitting on the couch with a clipboard; probably doing paperwork.

“Hi mom. Hi dad. Where’s Max?” May asked without thought.

Caroline grinned. “Oh, he’s out at that soccer field on the corner playing a game with some other kids.” Wiping her hands with a towel, she continued. “I think he said something about meeting up with Vivi there.”

“Ok, just wanted to know. I don’t have any homework, but I’m going up to my room for a while. Call me down for dinner.”

Getting up to her room, she began to think things through. ‘What was with that last rose? It looked so weird. Misty might have been right. It was probably from Drew. Aw, I should’ve asked him about it on the bus!’ She took out her journal and began rapidly writing. It wasn’t long before Max came home and Caroline had dinner ready. Afterward, May decided she was too tired to handle the day anymore. She weakly climbed up to her room and into her pajamas. As she crawled in bed, she took into consideration what all had happened during the day. Despite the thoughts rushing through her mind like a busted dam, she fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    So there you have it. Sorry if the end was a little rushed, but tell me what you think. And just say if you want to be on the pm list.
    Last edited by Teddiursa fan forever; 1st August 2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: stupid mistakes and adding to HUGE list of ships.
    It's been a long time... But it's so good to be back. <3
    Deviantart ID page: TranquilSimplicity
    Life giving you lemons? [Insert witty response here]

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” complained an emerald haired boy. Looking down, he jeered as he flipped his hair, “What, can’t keep your balance?”

“Well, excuse me for not taking the corner so fast!” May shot back. Feeling the pain of her arm, she cringed and remembered why she was there in the first place. “Listen, I don’t have time to deal with you. I need to wash this off before it gets infected.”

“Oww, that looks bad.” His bright green eyes flashed. “Need help?”

May detected the sarcasm in his last comment. “No, I don’t want or need it.”

“There you go with that cocky attitude again,” he sighed with false emotion.

“You’re telling me?”

“Fine, be that way. Bathroom’s on the right,” he stated, letting May win the battle. “Careful-- don’t fall!” He won the war.
    I think that their first meetings are always the best!^_^

“Yeah, fun, but don’t you think it’s a little early in the year to be going on a field trip?” Gary asked blankly. “By the way…” He pointed over May’s shoulder. “Who’s you friend?”

May looked behind her to see the flashing emerald eyes of Drew staring down at her. “What do you want?” she asked, angered by his company.

“Nothing much, just to see if you’re going,” stated Drew, flipping his hair.

“You bet I am!” chirped May, lightening up. “I can just see the sun shining down, the birds flying high, and me screaming as I’m plummeting down the biggest roller coaster in the park!”

“Yeah, if we’re going to the kiddy park.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” May yelled crossly.

“It means, little girl, that I think you’re too scared to go on Haties,” Drew challenged, getting in her face.

Rising to her feet, May furiously shouted, “I’m not a little girl! I’m fifteen and not scared of some roller coaster! I’ve got courage, just to let you know.”

“Hey, I never said you didn’t,” he uttered, awkwardly ending his statement.

“Is that a compliment?” May irritably questioned. But before she got an answer, a full, ruby rose was thrust at her.

“Don’t think anything of it,” said Drew with no expression. “Just don’t bail.” Without another word, he walked away.
    ^///^ Drew has started to give May roses already! How kawii!

May giggled at that. “Yeah, or the guy who gets dumped by his girlfriend, gains 200 pounds, goes bald, and ends up living in a cracker box apartment with 60 loud cats!”

“Too little too late, May!”

“Don’t let him hear you!” Drew whispered harshly. “They call him Heartless Herm and for a good reason.”

May gave him a puzzled look. “How’d he get that name?” This made Misty sweatdrop.

“Someone just randomly came up with it one day and it stuck,” Drew quickly replied with heavy sarcasm. “Seriously, didn’t you just hear him?”
    Lol, May is as clueless as ever eh?^////^ This is a really good story, you should be really proud of it! Can't wait for you to update! Tata for now!

P.S: Can I be on your pm list? Thankx!

Ain't he cute?

Name: Scarlet
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Talking

yay! the first two posts!

Lol, May is as clueless as ever eh?^////^
    i know, isn't it great?!

you're both on the pm list now, and thx for the comments! but don't be afraid to say 'you got this wrong!' and tell me to fix it. i'll only sulk in a corner for a little while. ^^

Tff

First, we have a separate forum for shipping fics, and you probably should PM one of the fanfiction mods (Zephyr Flare or Dragonfree) and ask them to move it there. Remember to include a link to this thread in your request.
    I'm pretty sure it's in the shipping fics section right now..but anyway. This fic sounds promising, and if it's your first fiction you are doing VERY well. I saw very very few gramatical errors, and the length was excedding good. =] You seemed to also hit everyone's personalities dead on especially May and Ash.
    =3 I can't wait for the next update it should be great. PM list please? =]
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

I have to say that I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a first-time writer and fic as I have with yours. Hats off to you, little one. You have a very mature style for you ages and I am deeply impressed.

You're going to go far with this fic. Keep up the incredible work and count me as a reader. You're doing a fantastic job and I'll do my best to support you along the way whether just by reading and reviewing or if you ever need advice or support. ^_^ If you ever need any help, just ask.

Count me on the PM list if you please. ^_^

Good job!

Take care

WS
    XxX

Ferme tes yeux, et crois en tes rêves, ma cherie...parce que j'y suis toujours...

¦My Precious PokeshipperTwin ~ Peach *hugs*¦
    ¦Fanfic Buddy ~ Cerulean Girl¦
    ¦Honoured PDA Member¦

Exclamation

DarkPersian479: thank you for pointing those out. i'm not usually very good with that sort of thing. ^^; and thanks for reading on even though i said it's my first one!

even my mom's sandwiches pwned cafeteria food
    geez, must have been bad... no offense to your mom.
    *added to pm list*

HelloKitty17: yeah, i pmed dragonfree as soon as i saw DP479's post. (i would've posted too, but my computer was acting up) but, thank you so much! i was kind of anxious when i first put this up; that people would just bash and flame. O.o did i really get their personalities right? i thought i was a little rusty on a lot of them, so thx!
    *added to pm list*

Water Spirit: i don't know what to say. when i read that i felt extreamly honored, especially coming from someone with fics like yours. thank you for giving so much praise just for the first chapter! ^__^ and if i ever need advice, i'll turn to you!
    *added to pm list*

ok, sorry if anyone thinks i'm being a bit dramatic, but i've never gotten anything like this. it's always been from my parents saying "oh, how cute!" --_--; but seriously, you all have my deepest gratitude.

Tff

I have to say, I like it.

Every author had to start sometime to write, and I assure you, I've seen a lot worse as first fanfics.

As I think Water Spirit said, was surprised me was the maturity of the words and description, and actually the magnitude of it all ! It's a long chapter if you ask me...

The whole plot (Characters in High School) is very much used, but it never gets old when used properly

the only thing that I found a bit....not cliche, but too "ideal" was the fact that May and Max's parents were in school with everyone else's parents...but that's a minor detail.

You're doing a good job at description, and I'm very eager to see how the plot advances.

Concerning the Pm list, no need to add me...save you some time, plus I'm always here in these parts of the forums

until the next update, I wish you luck on your writing, and keep up the good work
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Smile

Well, you guys said practically what I was gonna say, so I won't copy.

From personal experience, I know how it feels to be a first timer (which was only a while ago..) as with some other people here who have been here for years. I've seen tonnes of fics which have crashed and burned; but you have true talent - I know I've said this to Genkiness and I beleive that you are following in her/his footsteps. That's a good thing!!! ^_^

Add more characters in your story who have appeared in the anime, but don't add too much so that it overcrowds the whole story plot and makes it bit clashy. You have great homour, and the descriptiveness and detail of your style of writing is exceptional.

The idea of having it in High School is commonly used; but since you are writing properly, it doesn't make your story cliche'. But your kinda giving we the shakes for high school!!! ^_^;

Stick with your style, and keep up the homour! Could I please be on your PM list??? C YA! Can't wait till next chappie!!! Keep smiling !

Hi! Have read your fic and I liked it!

I just love the fics with a lot of humor and best of all contestshipping!

Roses + Drew + May = Love! I hope my crush will give me roses too. ^_^ Hehehehe sometimes he is kind but annoying......... most of the time. Just like May and Drew. I'm in high school too!

I was wondering if you could add me in your PM list? I love to review your story again and again will all my support. Contestshipping RULEZ!

~*Krizzy*~

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shipper
    the only thing that I found a bit....not cliche, but too "ideal" was the fact that May and Max's parents were in school with everyone else's parents...but that's a minor detail
    yeah, i guess so, but they had to meet somewhere, right? ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by anime_aficionada
    Add more characters in your story who have appeared in the anime, but don't add too much so that it overcrowds the whole story plot and makes it bit clashy.
    dont worry-- there will be a few more to come. it's just that introducing all of them in the first chapter makes it a little confusing, even if you know who the characters are.

as for the pm list, here's who i have so far. but please tell me if i have your name wrong!

PM list:
    cutey_Kat12
    mayloverxxx
    DarkPersian479
    HelloKitty17
    Water Spirit
    anime_aficionada
    jirachi_angel

EDIT: ok, things are moving kind of slow, but still moving. as a treat for anyone who even looks at this before the next chapter comes out, here's a spoiler. enjoy!

Spoiler:- Chapter 2:
    Last edited by Teddiursa fan forever; 29th July 2007 at 5:20 AM.

Post chapter 2

ok, it took me a while, but i finally got it done. R&R and enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Chapter Two
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PG

“Drew, there it is!” May squealed in delight, clinging to his arm. “Haties!”

“It looks a lot bigger in person, don’t you think?” They were finally at Mt. Canyon after the wait that seemed like forever. Everything sped by in a blur, and much to Drew’s dismay, couldn’t remember much of anything. “I mean, they say it’s pretty tall, but this?”

“I know! Doesn’t it look so fun? Come on!” Playfully jerking him forward, the twosome made their way to the immense roller coaster. Reaching the top of the stairs, Drew gasped at the sight he saw. To his astonishment there was absolutely no one in line.

“May, what the heck is going on? Where is everyone?!”

“I don’t know, but at least we don’t have to wait in line!”

May tried to drag Drew along like a rag doll, but he stopped her with a gentle tug and replied warily, “May, I don’t know about this. Something just doesn’t feel right.”

“Oh, come on,” she reacted with a cheerful grin. “Stop worrying so much. It’s just a roller coaster! What, you’re not scared, are you?”

“No.”

“Then prove it.” May, once again, dragged him over to the dark, crimson front car, pushed him in, and sat down herself. The attendants for the ride fastened the couple in before they felt the nine cars lurch forward. With each passing second they gained altitude which only made May giggle with excitement. Drew, still with an uneasy feeling in his stomach, tightly gripped the metal bar in front of him. However, seeing May’s grin of excitement caused him to relax momentarily.

Suddenly, without warning, the ride halted to a stop as a deafening screech was heard from below. May clung to Drew as tightly as she could. As quickly as it came, the screech vanished. Silence. Before long, a tremble shook their car as the railing gave way, tipping them sideways. The old, rusty latch holding the seatbelt in place shattered under the tremendous pressure, giving May just enough space to dangerously dangle off the side.

“May!” Drew screamed, reaching out for her. Quickly glancing past her shoulder, he shuddered at the terrifying height they were at. He came back to his senses and grabbed May’s hand just as she was about to slip.

“Drew,” she shrieked out of pure horror, “please, don’t let go!”

“I won’t. I promise!” Just seconds after the words left his mouth, the rail that was acting as May’s lifeline collapsed. Drew, who by this time was running on adrenalin alone, was thrust forward, loosening his grasp on May’s hand.

“Drew!”

Seconds seemed like minutes as he frantically tried to keep his promise. But he didn’t have the strength. Slowly, his damp hands lost his grip.

He let go.

Desperately taking in short breaths, Drew jolted in an upright position. Opening his eyes, he found the sheets on his bed gnarled and twisted in every direction; obviously showing the remains of a struggle. He sighed in relief knowing the nightmare was over, and wiped the back of his hand across his icy forehead. Drew’s heart leaped as his alarm clock buzzed angrily. Flipping the switch on the wall, he squinted as the blinding light came pouring from the petite bulb.

Still buzzing with fury, the alarm clock made Drew’s head throb, resulting only in his fist striking it with annoyance. Stumbling out of his bedroom and into the miniature bathroom, he came face to face with a frightening image. Running a hand through the tangled, green mess, he groaned and began painfully brushing it.

“You guys, I really don’t feel too good,” Ash moaned, clutching his stomach. Him, Misty, and May strolled along the boisterous hallway, but stopped every once in a while due to Ash’s constant complaining. Gary, however, quickly ran off as soon as they found him, stating he had promised to meet someone. The threesome thought nothing of it at first, but Misty began to be skeptical. But the only thing on her mind as of now, was the stupidity of the situation on hand.

“Oh, yeah. And it definitely wasn’t the five pizza slices you ate yesterday,” Misty countered. “Come on, Ash, it’s cafeteria food. What were you expecting? Living past the age of forty-five?”

Ash, who by now had begun to look a little pale, looked to May for a positive comeback. Her only reaction was a ‘She’s got a point’ shrug. Knowing he had lost, Ash sweatdropped and gave a little sigh.

“May!” Looking over her shoulder, May spotted a figure making its way through the dense crowd. She couldn’t stop a smile from spreading across her face as she turned to meet the visitor.

“Dawn! Hi!” she greeted with delight. “What’s up?”

“You know ‘what’s up’,” Dawn answered with mach-anger, crossing her arms. “I saw you in health yesterday and you didn’t so much as say hi!”

“Sorry, it’s just…”

“She doesn’t get along so great with your boyfriend,” Ash cut in, matter-of-factly. Misty, already annoyed with him, reared back and struck him on the backside of his head. “What?!” he whined from the tiled floor.

“Sorry, Dawn,” Misty apologized, ignoring Ash. “He’s a boy with the inability to shut his trap.”

Dawn stood, wide-eyed at such a brutal way to shut Ash up. She was slightly offended at his presumption of her and either one of her friends being an item, but at the same time, felt sympathetic for his current position. He looked sick, and his friends were pushing him around. How could they do that?

Noticing a curious expression from May, Dawn quickly explained, “Oh, no, Drew and Brendan are just my friends! See, I met them right at the beginning of middle school.” She hid her hands behind her back as she guiltily uttered her next words. “Me and Drew did sort of go on a few dates at the start, but we decided it didn’t work out.”

“See!” Ash gloated in Misty’s face. “I was right, and you were wrong.”

Misty’s words appeared optimistic, but her teeth clenched. “Ash, I’m happy to see Dawn. Don’t make me hurt you.”

“Too little too late,” he muttered.

May felt a little uneasy knowing Dawn had actually dated someone so arrogant, but tried carrying on the conversation. “So, Dawn, did you mention us at all when you first met?”

“Well, no. Actually, the first thing he said was an insult about my hair,” she admitted, sweatdropping. “So naturally I just started yelling at him.”

“It figures.”

“Why?”

Misty pried herself away from the opportunity to torment Ash long enough to share her point of view. “Have you talked to the guy? Every remark he makes has you feeling like a pile of crap.” Her expression quickly changed at the chance to taunt May. “But he did give you that rose yesterday! Isn’t that right, May?”

“Misty!” May exclaimed, obviously self-conscious of the event. Turning back to Dawn, she began to protest. “It was at the very end of lunch, and he didn’t even say anything about it; just not to think anything of it.”

“Same old Drew,” Dawn giggled. “Just giving away roses in the most random way.”

“But why roses?” Ash asked, finally getting to his feet.

“I don’t really know. It could be because the stem is bright enough to match his hair.”

It was then that May recalled yesterday’s afternoon. “Speaking of, has he ever given away any unusual roses? I found one in my locker, and it looked a little creepy.”

“No, I don’t think so. It sounds like you need to get yourself a new locker though,” Dawn stated matter-of-factly. “But seriously, May, he’s not a bad guy. He just takes some getting used to.”

“Yeah, a nice Drew,” May commented in a snooty voice, crossing her arms stubbornly. “I’ll believe it when I see it.”

Dawn opened her mouth to object, but instead was cut off by a piercing shriek from the morning bell. “I’ll see you in health, May,” she replied, wincing from the screech. “Bye Misty! And Ash, I’ll see you around.” Having said this, she winked at him, turned on her heel, and started off down the corridor.

Ash was dumbstruck by this action, as he had never gotten such a blunt indication. Misty, on the other hand, turned a bright scarlet. How dare she! Didn’t Dawn know that Misty was trying everything in her will to get Ash to notice her? This was certainly not helping.

May, also fairly dumbstruck, now had her chance for revenge. “Misty, you look a little green!”

“No she doesn’t,” Ash opposed. “Look at her, she’s red!” Knowing this, he was somewhat nervous of what would become of him after she blew up.

“Put a sock in it, May,” Misty growled. “Come on, Ash let’s go to band.” Tightly gripping his wrist, she stormed off, dragging a reluctant Ash behind her. Apparently, he had no luck whatsoever. May sweatdropped as she watched this, but found herself with nothing else to do. Then, as unwilling as Ash, started off towards English.

As expected, Harley was already there, looking as innocent as could be. Seeing May, he immediately went for the kill. Listening to his rants and arguments was no walk in the park, but luckily Gary was there to serve as a temporary peacemaker. Harley shot May dirty looks throughout the entire period and made her wonder if this was ever going to stop.

Gym was nothing out of the ordinary. May and Misty trying to get in some girl talk, and Drew interrupting with his usual back talk. Mrs. Sailean managed to get everyone’s attention and introduced their first unit: fitness. That was basically working out in the school’s fitness center. Cardio machines lined the cement walls in the front of the dimly lit room while weights for resistance training collected in the back. After being released to choose a machine, May and Misty chose two treadmills next to each other.

They gabbed for a few minutes before May noticed something on the far side of the room that caught her eye. Working out on the bench press was Drew, lifting what looked like a lot more than what May or Misty--or Ash for that matter-- could manage. It wasn’t how much he could lift that got her attention though. It was the pure power behind him. The perfectly toned muscles in his arms and chest made May’s heart melt. It was so hard to believe this was the kid who criticized her so much!

“Hello?” Misty said, waving a hand in front of May’s face. “Hey, are you even paying attention to me?”

“No. I mean…” May sighed. “No.”

“Well, best to be honest… I think. What were you looking at anyway?” She glanced in the direction of May’s stare before her eyes returned with a devious look within them. “Oh, May, you naughty girl! You were checking him out, weren’t you?”

“No!” May shrieked, not realizing her excessive enthusiasm.

“May.” Misty’s expression quickly changed to one that seemed to point a finger.

“What? I can’t help it!”

Misty stood on the sides of the treadmill in victory. “Ha! I knew it! You do like him!”

“I don’t like him. He’s just…” May propped up her head with her hand, of which was supported by the handle on her machine. “Dreamy,” she sighed.

“So why don’t you take Dawn’s advice? Think of him as the good guy?”

Turning back to Misty, May protested, “No. I completely refuse--” Letting out yet another piercing scream, her feet failed her as she crashed into the conveyer belt of the treadmill. However, the belt was still operating at a fast pace. Making an alliance with the wall, they double-teamed May, forcing her to slam her back into the solid concrete as well. “Oww,” she responded weakly in a high voice.

Having watched the entire scene, Drew left the bench following Mrs. Sailean’s orders, as she had ended class. Making his way toward May, he couldn’t help but put a snooty smirk on his face. “So, how many times have you fallen so far? Let’s count, shall we?” Both girls knew this wouldn’t be comforting. “Once before school yesterday, directly in front of me in the office, right here and now, and last, but surely not least, very hard for me.”

“Say what?!” May yelled, now vastly annoyed. “I’m not falling for you!”

“Yeah, and you definitely weren’t staring at me the entire time either,” Drew countered, crossing his arms.

Misty backed away, slightly intimidated, and uttered, “Oh boy,” knowing this would get ugly.

“Oh, please!” May angrily exclaimed. “Where’s the sight worth staring at for more than ten seconds?”

Drew’s smirk widened. “You tell me.”

“I can’t. There isn’t one.”

Deciding she had better do something, Misty unwillingly got between the two. “Come on, you guys. Break it up.”

“Not until she says she’s sorry,” Drew taunted.

“Me? You’re the one who started it!” May hissed. “You say you’re sorry!”

Misty had had about enough of this. Out of rage alone, she boomed, “SHUT UP, DAMNIT!” Both Drew and May backed off, fiercely panic-stricken by this. Thankfully, the teacher had left the fitness center for her office, so Misty’s outburst was not heard. “God, do you two ever stop? Now, May, say you’re sorry for calling Drew ugly.”

“But--”

“I don’t care, just say it.”

“Sorry for calling Drew ugly,” May huffed, though clearly speaking to Misty.

“To him, not me.”

“Fine. Sorry.”

“And Drew,” Misty began. “Tell her you’re sorry for starting it.”

He turned toward the exit and flipped his hair. “Sorry, I don’t do that,” he stated in a manner that annoyed May enough for her to lunge at his back. For the sake of Drew, however, Misty reached out to restrain May for as much time as necessary for him to leave.

Turning her around, Misty told May as gently as she could, “Just relax. He’s not worth it.”

“You’re right,” May sulked. “And Misty?”

“Yeah?”

“He’s not so dreamy anymore.”

“Oh, fabulous,” Gary whined. “Social Studies again.”

“Hey, it’s not so bad,” May chirped, trying to lighted the mood. “At least we’re lucky enough to have class together!”

“Is that so? Then why do we have class with the giant prune?” he asked, indicating Harley.

“Gary: one, May: zip,” Ash announced.

Misty grasped him by the ear. “Whatever, Ash. Come on,” she leered, still fuming from his response to Dawn’s flirting. Wincing, Ash leaned and followed involuntarily to the seat chosen for him. Hearing the bell ring and the teacher stepping in, May and Gary soon tagged along. But before long, the teacher was so engrossed in his lesson that he was completely unaware that Ash had fallen asleep. Gary, who by this time was almost bored to death, tore off a small piece of his notebook’s fragile paper.

“Hey, May,” he wrote before passing it to her. “Bored yet?”

“I’m dying over here!” she scribbled back. “The sad sack next to me keeps picking his nose!”

“Funny. But I don’t even know half of what this guy’s talking about. We might as well be in French class.”

“It’s not funny! He’s wiping them on the seat! And Gary, you took French for three years in a row.”

“Yeah, you’d think I’d know it by now, huh?”

Reading this, May gave Gary a ‘you’re pathetic’ look and wrote, “You are weird.”

“Anyway,” he scribbled in chicken scratch. “I was talking to Drew yesterday during band.”

“Yeah? So?”

“I don’t know. Guy talk. You wouldn’t understand.”

“Really? And I always thought I was a guy! What I don’t understand is how you can tolerate him. He’s so annoying!”

“May,” Gary wrote in response. “He really isn’t too bad of a guy, you know?”

“Why does everyone keep telling me this?”

“Cuz it’s true.” He held the paper up for May to see, but put it back down on his desk to write more. Unfortunately, the teacher had turned around and to his disapproval, saw the slip of paper being passed between the two teens.

“Mr. Oak, deliver that distraction to me at once,” he demanded, overly enunciating every word.

Gary slowly handed the note to the waiting hand. The instructor’s eyes scanned it for a while before they returned to their original position. He then glanced at the boy sitting next to May. “And may I suggest a Kleenex, or a bottle of disinfectants?” There was a mixture of disgusted groans and snickers throughout the room as Gary returned to his seat with a satisfied grin. He stuck his hand out in front of May, who lightly struck it in victory.

Once again, the all too familiar call of the bell reached the small social studies classroom, giving the ninth graders the right to gather their gear and leave. Misty, half asleep, tried nudging Ash a few times to wake him up.

“Just a few more minutes mom,” was his response.

“Mom? I got some news for you, Ash!” With that, she reared back and kicked his leg--hard.

“OWW! Mom! What the hell?” he exclaimed, jolting upright.

“I’m not your mom, and class is over,” Misty growled. She then stumbled over to a sweatdropping May. “Well, let’s go to lunch.”

“What about Ash?” May asked, watching him rubbing his shin in pain.

“Just leave him. He’ll come eventually. It’s food; he can smell it a mile away.”

May, deciding to be smart, turned and called, “Hey, Ash, what are we having for lunch?”

“Grilled cheese sandwiches,” he answered flatly. “And no, I can’t smell it from here, thank you very much. I read the menu this morning.”

“You actually read something?” Gary mocked. Ash only grumbled. “But seriously, grilled cheese? I’d rather have something that’s not, I don’t know, plastic. It’s not like we’re in pre-school anymore. Real food would be good.”

Misty raised an eyebrow. “You like it that much, huh?”

“Yeah, love it.”

“Brendan, I don’t know how you can eat this stuff,” Dawn whined. “It’s disgusting!” She poked her fork cautiously into an unidentifiable lump as if it were rigged to explode. “Look, even this cookie is protesting.”

“I thought that was meatloaf,” he replied, sweatdropping. “But who cares? It’s the only thing you’ll be able to eat until dinner tonight. Eat it or starve.” Knowing she had been beaten, Dawn sighed and continued picking at her ‘cookie.’

Watching the slight argument from the other side of the table, Drew had hardly said a word since lunch began. A slow, creeping pain was beginning to crawl across his shoulders, and because of that, he slouched more than usual to try to relax. This was the first time today that he, Dawn and Brendan had been in the same room, so moping wasn’t exactly an option.

In the mixed of all this, thoughts of the night before haunted his mind. The scene kept playing in his head over and over.

“Drew!”

Seconds seemed like minutes as he franticly tried to keep his promise. But he didn’t have the strength. Slowly, his damp hands lost his grip.

He let go.

What could this mean? Or was it just your typical nightmare? Either way, Drew wouldn’t ever try to pull something like that. But maybe someone else might…

“Drew!” Dawn shouted, pulling him back down to Earth. “Geez, you finally look. Didn’t you hear a word I said?”

Drew rested his head lightly on the table. “Sorry. Just… thinking,” he uttered, seeing the frightening image once again.

Brendan look him up and down. “What’s wrong with you? You’re usually the one doing all the talking. It’s too quiet now.”

“It hurts,” he confessed, though still half-lying. “I bench pressed too much weight.”

“Ah, showing off in front of the ladies, I see?” Dawn jeered. “So who were you trying to impress?”

“All the drooling fan girls,” he answered sarcastically. “But there were like, five of them all huddled in a corner, all giggling and screaming. It gets pretty irritating.”

“Makes me glad I’m a girl.” Without much thought, she asked Drew, “So you know May, right?”

He sweatdropped, knowing where this might end up. “Yeah.”

Closing her eyes, she asked dreamily, “What about her friend, Ash? Have you talked to him at all?”

“Oh,” Drew exclaimed, rather surprised. “Well, kind of. Not really.”

“What about yesterday?” Brendan asked blankly.

“What about yesterday?”

Brendan gave him an accusing expression. “You went over to their table. We know. We saw you.”

“Well, I…”

“And May?” Dawn added smugly. “I saw you give her a rose.”

“A rose?” Brendan asked, his eyes widening. “Drew, don’t tell me your starting this again. First Dawn, now her?”

“Well,” Drew started, uncomfortable with the situation. “She didn’t yell about it. She actually looked a little flattered.”

Dawn scowled at this. “Yeah, probably because it didn’t make her bleed.”

“It wasn’t that bad,” Drew laughed, recalling his first attempt with a rose.

“Are you kidding? That thing was overgrown with thorns!” She leaned over the table glaring at him. “When you threw that death flower at me, it stuck me in the nose and left a scab that lasted over a week. I even had to take my school picture with it!” Brendan couldn’t help but liberate a chuckle from the photo copied in his yearbook. “What are you laughing at? I still have plenty of time to rearrange your face.”

“Oh no! I’m so scared!” Brendan cried sarcastically.

“You know, I have nails.”

“Yeah, more like claws,” Drew cut in. “Big scary claws like a tiger. All vicious-looking and ready to catch lunch for a blood-thirsty animal!” The boys hooted with laughter at this.

Dawn, unable to hide a smile, replied, “Shut up, you guys! And by the looks of things, lunch was already killed.”

Above the noise of the cafeteria’s crowd, the attendant’s voice rung once again. “… and for more information, ask any one of the health teachers.”

“And does anyone else have their permission slips?” inquired Mrs. Leekken, with a handful of pink papers.

May, just realizing she had forgotten hers, kicked herself for not telling her parents the night before. Apparently all the drama was getting to her. ‘Maybe Gary was right,’ she thought with a gloomy expression. ‘It probably is too early in the year to be having a field trip.’ Digging inside her overloaded binder, she came across her daily planner and wrote a note as to not overlook this again.

From the other side of the room, Dawn watched as May sat alone, scribbling on a notepad. She then turned and looked at her friends with remorse.

“You know, someone should probably go over there with her so she’s not all alone,” Dawn stated, talking mostly to Drew.

He took advantage of this, however. “Really? She’s alone?”

Disregarding that comment, Brendan said, “I don’t see why you don’t go and talk your girl talk if you feel that badly for her.”

“Well,” Dawn started, shooting him a bewildered glance. “Fine.” Muttering to herself, she grumbled, “I’ll never understand boys.” However, just as she started making her way the table, Brendan stuck out his hand, pushing her back by her face, and shoved her into her seat. “Hey! Didn’t you just tell me to go?”

“Eh, I’m feeling nicer today,” Brendan replied with a smirk. Waiting for just the right moment so the teacher’s back was to the class, he bounded over to May and plopped into a chair, catching odd glances from other students. “Hi!” he whispered.

Taken aback, May turned slightly red at his sudden appearance. “Uh… hi. Brendan, right?” she asked, trying to be friendly. Even if he was Drew’s friend, maybe he wasn’t as stuck up and self-centered.

“Yep. And you’re May?” Without giving her any time to answer, he asked, “So, what’s up?”

“Not much. My life’s boring anyway.”

As the two talked, Drew watched as he sulked. “What does he have that I don’t?”

“A lot of experience,” Dawn answered smartly.

Drew lifted his head and protested, “I have experience.”

“With who? Fan girls?”

Drew’s shoulders slouched in defeat as his head rested on his arms once again. It was true; the only person he had actually dated was, in fact, his best friend. Glancing back over to the table opposite him, he watched as May’s face glowed with delight. “What do you think they’re talking about, anyway?” Dawn shrugged as if saying, ‘I wouldn’t have a clue’.

Mrs. Leekken, however, sensed a slight disturbance. “May and Brendan.” Drew shuddered at the sound of that. “Please pay attention.”

Science went smoothly, considering Jessie constantly bugging May. Dissections were discussed over as were lab partners. May, unfortunately, was volunteered into being partners with the obvious. Gabbing as she normally did, Jessie somehow managed to get May to talk about her friends-- with a particular interest in Ash. After many accusations and explanations, they finally parted ways as the final bell rung.

May got down to her locker unusually early, so she packed her bag and began looking for Misty. However, seconds before she began her search, Misty, accompanied by Ash, Gary, and Dawn, came strolling up. Ash was unenthusiastically caught in the middle of a fuming, crimson Misty and sweet-talking Dawn. Gary, on the other hand, was silently sweatdropping the entire way. As they approached May, she could tell Dawn was trying to get Ash to come a dinner and a movie with her.

“Please, Ash? My mom’s taught me everything she knows, and she’s an awesome chef!” she pleaded. “Then we can watch a hilarious comedy!”

“Well, I like comedies,” Ash began, but one peek at Misty’s piercing eyes, and he quickly stated, “Uh, I can’t. I’m going to… the movies with Gary!”

“Oh, you are?” Dawn asked hurtfully, looking to Gary for confirmation. His only response was a slight nod. “Well, can I come?”

Ash, obviously not ready for this question, poorly improvised. “Um, no, you can’t. See, uh, May’s coming with me,” he stuttered. “as my…” May shot him a dirty look that seemed to scream out her disliking for this plan. Misty, confused as well as startled, was silenced.

“Date?” Dawn finished with a seemingly hopeless tone. As she bid farewell, her mood changed dramatically. “Okay. I’ll see you guys tomorrow then!”

As soon as she was out of earshot, May turned towards Ash with an intimidating shadow across her face. “I’m going as you date?! Ash Ketchum, what the hell were you thinking!?!”

“I was thinking it would get me out of her idea of a Saturday night!” he squeaked, sweatdropping out of fear. Quite relieved by this reaction, Misty restrained May yet again from the person she wanted to attack. “What? We don’t actually have to go!”

Gary smirked. “Ash, you really are incompetent, aren’t you?”

“What!?” He was immediately insulted by this, but wanted to hear his point.

“What Harley said last year really freaked May out, in case you hadn’t noticed. Now, whenever someone even suggests that you two make ‘the perfect couple’, she gets furious. How do you think your little lie makes her feel?”

“Oh,” Ash replied guiltily. “I guess I never thought of that. May, I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” May accepted calmly, feeling the effects of a major mood swing. “Just please don’t use that excuse anymore. That’s the last thing I need; more rumors for Harley to gloat about.” Suddenly, she glanced over her shoulder with a rather weary look.

“Something wrong?” asked Misty, releasing May.

“Well, not really. It just feels like we’re being watched.”

“Take a look,” Gary directed as he pointed to the nearest corner. There sat a very expensive looking camera with wires reaching through the ceiling like vines. “There are security cameras everywhere. Someone’s watching us from the time we walk through the front door.” He paused for a moment before declaring, “Well, my mom’s probably out there, so I’d better not keep her waiting. See ya!”

“Bye!” the other three bid in unison.

“So, shall we?” Misty asked, gesturing to the buses.

May talked in a cheery voice as she replied, “Let’s shall! Oh, and Ash?” His eyes gazed in her direction, indicating she had gotten his attention. “We’re through,” she stated playfully.

“Oh, darn,” Ash whined sarcastically, snapping his fingers. With that, the gleeful threesome strolled out the shining double doors to board the trembling bus.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    there it is: chapter two. by the way, i know what you're thinking. "oh, great. it's going day by day. there's going to be 100 boring chapters." no, there won't. i just need to get in some major character building before there can be any action. then i'll probably be skipping days at a time. ^^

Tff
    Last edited by Teddiursa fan forever; 7th August 2007 at 6:52 AM.

Lolness, This was sooooo funny! My favorite part was this:

They gabbed for a few minutes before May noticed something on the far side of the room that caught her eye. Working out on the bench press was Drew, lifting what looked like a lot more than what May or Misty--or Ash for that matter-- could manage. It wasn’t how much he could lift that got her attention though. It was the pure power behind him. The perfectly toned muscles in his arms and chest made May’s heart melt. It was so hard to believe this was the kid who criticized her so much!

“Hello?” Misty said, waving a hand in front of May’s face. “Hey, are you even paying attention to me?”

“Well, best to be honest… I think. What were you looking at anyway?” She glanced in the direction of May’s stare before her eyes returned with a devious look within them. “Oh, May, you naughty girl! You were checking him out, weren’t you?”
    Haha, May, tsk tsk tsk, checking out Drew without my permission!XP Misty's comment was hilarous!(sp?) You are really getting along in this story and I cant wait for the next chapter to come out!

Tata,
    Kat~

Ain't he cute?

Haha, I loved this chapter so many comical moments =3 Wow, the whole dream sequence Drew had really, really freaked me out. Cause I had just watched Final Destination 3 yesterday, and this like fits the scenario, wonderful. lol. & I could not be more honest when I say you hit the characters personalities pefectly. I can picture it all, nice flow too. =] Thanks for the PM, can't wait for the next update.

well RAISE a finger

“No!” May shrieked, not realizing her excessive enthusiasm.

“May.” Misty’s expression quickly changed to one that seemed to point a finger.

“What? I can’t help it!”
    My favorite part, jaja. I read it a few days ago but I never had a chance to review.

The whole plot (Characters in High School) is very much used, but it never gets old when used properly
    I agree. I was planning on writing a school fic after I finished with Coordinator Challenge but after your story, I started to back out on that idea but then I got an inspiration. But that doesn't have to do with the review.

Anyways, the liked how the meetings and ships but WTF?!? May went out with Harley?!?! What the flipper!! Wow, that's a new one so congratulations! And I freaked out during Drew's nightmare. I was like, "Whoa!" Jaja, I love your story and can I be added to PM List? I want to see how all of this turns.

Lotsa love & luck, ellie-chan
    Check out my new website for information on CC and future fics.

~*~Also on FF.net~*~My Claims/LiveJournal~*~
    ~*~My NeoEeveeEvolutionShipping (GaryxSakura)Oneshot~*~

Banners made by me.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cutey_Kat12
    Haha, May, tsk tsk tsk, checking out Drew without my permission!XP Misty's comment was hilarous!(sp?) You are really getting along in this story and I cant wait for the next chapter to come out!
    lol ^^ yeah, i had fun doing that part. the entire time i was sitting there giggleing! ><

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitty17
    Wow, the whole dream sequence Drew had really, really freaked me out. Cause I had just watched Final Destination 3 yesterday, and this like fits the scenario, wonderful.
    that's the point i guess i dwelled on May for so long that i felt i had to add in Drew's POV. so i decided to be evil. ^^

I could not be more honest when I say you hit the characters personalities pefectly.
    ^_^;;; really? again? the whole time i was writing this was at, like, 10:00pm - 2:00am. but thanks! 8D

nice flow too.
    i'm glad it turned out alright. i would be sitting there for an hour not knowing what to do. at one point my computer froze and shut down in the middle of it. i lost two and a half pages! DDDX

Quote Originally Posted by ellie-chan
    Anyways, the liked how the meetings and ships but WTF?!? May went out with Harley?!?! What the flipper!! Wow, that's a new one so congratulations!
    XD lol! the whole idea behind that is actually based on a true story. almost the same thing happened to me. *mutters to self* stupid meathead... *notices people staring* but thanks! i enjoy putting new twists on thing, espcially if it causes chaos. ^^

so i haven't been able to start on chapter 3 yet, thanks to chores, parents, and getting ready for school to start. but it'll come ^^
    eventually...

Updated PM list:
    cutey_Kat12
    mayloverxxx
    DarkPersian479
    HelloKitty17
    Water Spirit
    anime_aficionada
    jirachi_angel43
    ellei-chan

Tff

Another, contest shipping fiction, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. Anyways nice chapter so far only that the thing is, well my opinion that Harley needs more lines than just somewhat black mailing May with his dirty looks also, if I remember I think Max was 8 in the anime while May was ten and now that May is fifteen then doesn't that mean Max should be 13 not 12, unless he was seven then please ignore this part of my post. Anyways, nice fan-fiction (also if possible would you add me to the PM list?)

Smile

lol dw your fics are never boring. You've got talent (unlike some people, namingly me) dont have; and every good writer takes their time to build up their character.

Turning back to Misty, May protested, “No. I completely refuse--” Letting out yet another piercing scream, her feet failed her as she crashed into the conveyer belt of the treadmill. However, the belt was still operating at a fast pace. Making an alliance with the wall, they double-teamed May, forcing her to slam her back into the solid concrete as well. “Oww,” she responded weakly in a high voice.

Having watched the entire scene, Drew left the bench following Mrs. Sailean’s orders, as she had ended class. Making his way toward May, he couldn’t help but put a snooty smirk on his face. “So, how many times have you fallen so far? Let’s count, shall we?” Both girls knew this wouldn’t be comforting. “Once before school yesterday, directly in front of me in the office, right here and now, an last, but surly not least, very hard for me.”

“Yeah, and you definitely weren’t staring at me the entire time either,” Drew countered, crossing his arms.

Misty backed away, slightly intimidated, and uttered, “Oh boy,” knowing this would get ugly.

“Oh, please!” May angrily exclaimed. “Where’s the sight worth staring at for more than ten seconds?”

Deciding she had better do something, Misty unwillingly got between the two. “Come on, you guys. Break it up.”

“Not until she says she’s sorry,” Drew taunted.

“Me? You’re the one who started it!” May hissed. “You say you’re sorry!”

Misty had had about enough of this. Out of rage alone, she boomed, “SHUT UP, DAMNIT!” Both Drew and May backed off, fiercely panic-stricken by this. Thankfully, the teacher had left the fitness center for her office, so Misty’s outburst was not heard. “God, do you two ever stop? Now, May, say you’re sorry for calling Drew ugly.”

“But--”

“I don’t care, just say it.”

“Sorry for calling Drew ugly,” May huffed, though clearly speaking to Misty.

“To him, not me.”

“Fine. Sorry.”

“And Drew,” Misty began. “Tell her you’re sorry for starting it.”

He turned toward the exit and flipped his hair. “Sorry, I don’t do that,” he stated in a manner that annoyed May enough for her to lunge at his back. For the sake of Drew, however, Misty reached out to restrain May for as much time as necessary for him to leave.

Turning her around, Misty told May as gently as she could, “Just relax. He’s not worth it.”

“You’re right,” May sulked. “And Misty?”

“Yeah?”

“He’s not so dreamy anymore.”
    lol, I laughed so hard when i first read that, Misty's treating them like children!

“Makes me glad I’m a girl.” Without much thought, she asked Drew, “So you know May, right?”

He sweatdropped, knowing where this might end up. “Yeah.”

Closing her eyes, she asked dreamily, “What about her friend, Ash? Have you talked to him at all?”

“Oh,” Drew exclaimed, rather surprised. “Well, kind of. Not really.”

“What about yesterday?” Brendan asked blankly.

“What about yesterday?”

Brendan gave him an accusing expression. “You went over to their table. We know. We saw you.”

“Well, I…”

“And May?” Dawn added smugly. “I saw you give her a rose.”

“A rose?” Brendan asked, his eyes widening. “Drew, don’t tell me your starting this again. First Dawn, now her?”

“Well,” Drew started, uncomfortable with the situation. “She didn’t yell about it. She actually looked a little flattered.”

“Are you kidding? That thing was overgrown with thorns!” She leaned over the table glaring at him. “When you threw that death flower at me, it stuck me in the nose and left a scab that lasted over a week. I even had to take my school picture with it!” Brendan couldn’t help but liberate a chuckle from the photo copied in his yearbook. “What are you laughing at? I still have plenty of time to rearrange your face.”

“Yeah, more like claws,” Drew cut in. “Big scary claws like a tiger. All vicious-looking and ready to catch lunch for a blood-thirsty animal!” The boys hooted with laughter at this.

Dawn, unable to hide a smile, replied, “Shut up, you guys! And by the looks of things, lunch was already killed.”

Above the noise of the cafeteria’s crowd, the attendant’s voice rung once again. “… and for more information, ask any one of the health teachers.”
    lol poor Dawn, first rose and got pricked by it! lol My nails are like tiger claws as well!

From the other side of the room, Dawn watched as May sat alone, scribbling on a notepad. She then turned and looked at her friends with remorse.

“You know, someone should probably go over there with her so she’s not all alone,” Dawn stated, talking mostly to Drew.

He took advantage of this, however. “Really? She’s alone?”

Disregarding that comment, Brendan said, “I don’t see why you don’t go and talk your girl talk if you feel that badly for her.”

“Well,” Dawn started, shooting him a bewildered glance. “Fine.” Muttering to herself, she grumbled, “I’ll never understand boys.” However, just as she started making her way the table, Brendan stuck out his hand, pushing her back by her face, and shoved her into her seat. “Hey! Didn’t you just tell me to go?”

“Eh, I’m feeling nicer today,” Brendan replied with a smirk. Waiting for just the right moment so the teacher’s back was to the class, he bounded over to May and plopped into a chair, catching odd glances from other students. “Hi!” he whispered.

Taken aback, May turned slightly red at his sudden appearance. “Uh… hi. Brendan, right?” she asked, trying to be friendly. Even if he was Drew’s friend, maybe he wasn’t as stuck up and self-centered.

“Yep. And you’re May?” Without giving her any time to answer, he asked, “So, what’s up?”

“Not much. My life’s boring anyway.”

“With who? Fan girls?”

Drew’s shoulders slouched in defeat as his head rested on his arms once again. It was true; the only person he had actually dated was, in fact, his best friend. Glancing back over to the table opposite him, he watched as May’s face glowed with delight. “What do you think they’re talking about, anyway?” Dawn shrugged as if saying, ‘I wouldn’t have a clue’.

Mrs. Leekken, however, sensed a slight disturbance. “May and Brendan.” Drew shuddered at the sound of that. “Please pay attention.”
    Aww...poor Drew, when will he get his chance?...

Anyways good chappie as always and keep then rolling! Keep Smiling!

cool, it's up ! I'm spending a lot of time on reviews now...and I have another hour...so...on with it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa fan forever View Post
    “Drew, there it is!” May squealed in delight, clinging to his arm. “Haties!”

“It looks a lot bigger in person, don’t you think?” They were finally at Mt. Canyon after the wait that seemed like forever. Everything sped by in a blur, and much to Drew’s dismay, couldn’t remember much of anything. “I mean, they say it’s pretty tall, but this?”

“I know! Doesn’t it look so fun? Come on!” Playfully jerking him forward, the twosome made their way to the immense roller coaster.
    huh...they seem much more...no extremely closer than in the first chapter...don't you think ?

He sighed in relief knowing the nightmare was over, and wiped the back of his hand across his icy forehead.
    oh...bad dream...my bad

“Come on, Ash, it’s cafeteria food. What were you expecting? Living past the age of forty-five?”
    xD

“Same old Drew,” Dawn giggled. “Just giving away roses in the most random way.”
    that's what makes him so cool and romantic...

but anyway, what's the point of Dawn popping up like that and telling random stuff about her past, and Drew's ?

How dare she! Didn’t Dawn know that Misty was trying everything in her will to get Ash to notice her? This was certainly not helping.
    hell have no fury like a woman scorned...tension...animosity between two women fighting for a dense man...I love it

I really think May's is immaginating a lot of stuff in her mind right now

“So, how many times have you fallen so far? Let’s count, shall we?” Both girls knew this wouldn’t be comforting. “Once before school yesterday, directly in front of me in the office, right here and now, an last, but surly not least, very hard for me.”

ContestShipping bickering....always brilliant
    my second favourite to PokeShipping bickering xD

and you've written it extremely well

up untill this point, it was all some shipping momentum building up, and diss of cafeteria food, but this has reallz made me lol

“With who? Fan girls?”
    you have a natural talent for putting in these small killer lines...they just make you laugh out of nowhere

“Take a look,” Gary directed as he pointed to the nearest corner. There sat a very expensive looking camera with wires reaching through the ceiling like vines. “There are security cameras everywhere. Someone’s watching us from the time we walk through the front door.”
    security cameras in a school ? weird...I'm sure some student will get a hold of the tape
    thus creating even more tension and plot/shipping twists !

there's going to be 100 boring chapters." no, there won't. i just need to get in some major character building before there can be any action. then i'll probably be skipping days at a time. ^^

Tff
    good exactly what I said, building up some momentum, as not to rush it...

this is very good ! keep it up
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

thanks again, Darkpersian479, for pointing out those mistakes. i'll fix them when i can, but my computer's being stupid right now. ^^

my opinion that Harley needs more lines than just somewhat black mailing May with his dirty looks also, if I remember I think Max was 8 in the anime while May was ten and now that May is fifteen then doesn't that mean Max should be 13 not 12, unless he was seven
    eh, no one's age is really realistic anyway. ash should be somewhere around 20, and Dawn should be about 10. hey, what's a few years? XD and don't worry, Harley will have a lot more lines as well as sabatoge(sp?). ^^

lol poor Dawn, first rose and got pricked by it
    yup! i thought since Drew gives out rose's so much, he would've had some problems with the first one... so i made it hurt Dawn. >

but anyway, what's the point of Dawn popping up like that and telling random stuff about her past, and Drew's ?
    welcome back shadow_shipper! there's not really a point. it's random... there's nothing to hide... besides, Brendan was there the entire time. but the info will come in handy in the future! ^^

security cameras in a school ? weird...I'm sure some student will get a hold of the tape
    thus creating even more tension and plot/shipping twists !
    yeah, everywhere you look in my school there's a security camera. -_-; we have no breaks... hmm? plot twists? *ideas ideas*

as for you, raglflagl, you're on the pm list. thanks for reading!
    i haven't been able to work on chapter 3 very much yet... i've been staying at my friend's house for over 48 hours. ^^ but more is on the way!

Tff

I made you some fanart!^^ hope you like! And srry, theres no background....

Bye-Bye,
    Kat

Ain't he cute?

Talking cheese!

thanks for that, Kat! i love it! <3 May looks so cute in that. ^^ drew's nightmare... *chills* thanks again!

here's a cookie for the first fanart.

^^

ok, so i just want to say something to everyone, cuz i forgot to mention it in the first post. if i have your name on the pm list, please post at least every three chapters, or i'm taking it off. if i do take you off of it, you can ask to be put back on, but don't torture me! >< if you're going away on a trip, or you're grounded, or something like that, tell me one way or the other so i know.
    thanx!

next chapter's on the way, sorry for the lack of updates. it'll probably be up before september begins. btw, if you read this, please rate for me! do that, and i'll thank you. ^^

Tff
    Last edited by Teddiursa fan forever; 22nd August 2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: line of begging

Only got things to say, Love it. So much detal. And for having so many characters your doing a great job giving them unique personalities. Like i said, I Love it

~I reach for a sky forever sunny
    For a place of perpetual peace, of eternal serenity;
    May my shattered soul fly free~

Sorry for not posting in a while Tff, school's been keeping me busy, but are you gonna explain how Max was like 1 year older than I think he's suppose to be?

This is kinda random but I love the fanart =3 oh and your banner is really cool, it's a lot different then many other banners. Can't wait for the next update ^_^

well RAISE a finger

Whee, I love your story! I like the way you described the characters. Poor Misty.. Always trying so hard. >< Anyway, this story deserves a pat on your back! Keep up the good work and be proud of it~

- FruitSalad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast