Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use the Serebii Trade Centre...

Default How to use the Serebii Trade Centre...

Ok, so upon entering this forum, I am sure you are bamboozled by what on earth you are able to do here

As you can see, the Pokémon are seperated into region and then seperated into family.

As many Pokémon have got evolutions spread across the many lands in the Pokémon world which will definitely cause confusion among many. In this trade board, what I did was made sure the thread for the family is in the forum for the first instance of the family seen.

For example;

Electabuzz has a 2nd Gen Pre-Evo, Elekid, and a 4th Gen Evolution, Electivire,. You will find the family in the Kanto folder.

However, we do not require you to remember every evolution. At the bottom of every forum are redirects. These are links to the family thread of any Pokémon within that region's dex but whom is part of another family. Very easy to find. Just use your Browser's search function to find the Pokémon that you want

Now, in the actual threads, what we expect you to do, if you're offering a certain Pokémon say for example an Electivire, we expect you to state what the Electivire has, maybe its stats and say that you want to trade it and what you would want for it

For the time being, we would like to ask you all to refrain from saying "I want this Pokémon". You are allowed to reply to people offering the Pokémon with your offers but try to keep the discussion in each thread limited to that particular family.

This is all in an effort to decrease the constant spam in the previous DP Trade & Battle Forum.

If you have any queries...post here and the mod team will be happy to solve

Wee! First Post.
    Finally, the chaos is over! My threads go COMPLETELY unnoticed most of the time. Wonder when the battle threads are coming...
    EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the battle thread was up. Anyways, good job ending the chaos Joe!
    Last edited by Hitsugaya; 10th July 2007 at 8:51 PM.
    The World Ends at your horizons!HGFC: 3610 5913 1436

If no one remembers me, I'm Dialkia!

This is awesome! thanks Joe

Cool. One problem: The default ordering of the topics is "the last post time". It should be alphibetical so they will always be in order and easier to find.
    Blurg.

I am unsure if thats possible to do for just one forum...

erm i hate to be a stick in the mud but no 1 is useing them and they have been up all day cant we just use the old 1 as well and then there are 2 trading forms one for seking multiple pokemon like many shineys or starters etc and a second trade form for the people seeking a specific pokemon
    in game name - jmac
    fc- 2423-3241-4813

Too late.

So I offered my shiny Skarmory
    All I said was its nature, level and said it's legit. Is that all you do?

Hello,

Will the DP Battle & Trade Thread be deleted? I see no quick reply....

EDIT: I see wut u did thar >.>

But I need to ask a question: Can we post in the mew thread saying we have mews to trade for pokemon X(any pokemon)?

Edit number 2: Can we say we're looking for, say, a shiny spearow in the spearow thread?
    Last edited by GreenAiden555; 11th July 2007 at 1:52 AM.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

Wow, some idiot is going to screw it up. I just know it.
    Other then that, it seems like a pretty cool idea. I'll adjust to it.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

i dont get it

what if you arent looking for one in particular, but want to do a batch trade

this system is really not user-friendly

Thanks a whole lot... this is exactly what we needed. Hopefully the problem is solved now.

By the way, do the DP Battle and Trade Sub-Forum still have a purpose? Since now there is a new system.

This certainly sounds like a good idea: much easier than digging through hundreds of trade threads to find the pokemon you want. But personally, I like the flexibility of the original trade thread better.
    Last edited by intrnd; 11th July 2007 at 2:12 AM.
    Diamond FC: 2706 8220 2460
    Platinum FC: 3524 0330 2972

So what of the people that are looking for stuff other than specific pokemon? Like TMs?

Diamond FC:
    Sheik 0645 2238 5629

Platinum FC:
    Vsexy 2278 2519 9866

well i suppose this will work... once people find it. replies came so much faster before...

anyway it needed some organization, so i hope it works.
    ZEPH: 4682 4978 6815

Always ready to battle! pm if interested

It's a nice idea, but one thread should be made in all of the subforums for shinies.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

So i take it we can't say we're looking for, say, a manaphy in the manaphy section? Like, say we're looking for a shiny one.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

This should be much more convenient once people start using it. There's hardly anybody there now.

Also, could there possibly be a thread for eggs too (perhaps in the Johto section)?
    White Friend Code: 2709 1720 9523

My General DeviantArt: http://runningspud.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon DeviantArt: http://spuds-pokemon.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jackass2911 View Post
    erm i hate to be a stick in the mud but no 1 is useing them and they have been up all day cant we just use the old 1 as well and then there are 2 trading forms one for seking multiple pokemon like many shineys or starters etc and a second trade form for the people seeking a specific pokemon
    Erm no it hasnt. I opened it 3...maybe 4 hrs before you post. 90% of that time the forums have been down or slow

The DP Battle & Trade forum is left open for people to finish any trades or tournements they have begun. The mods are in the process of transferring battle threads over

Theres an item trade thread in this forum since I know a lot of people are just trading those

no offense but this system is not user friendly.

for one thing, the best part about seperate threads for each person was that you could list all your pokemon in one place, now you've got to reply to over 100 topics just to tell people what pokemon you've got.

secondly, the new threads are going to get spammed to hell.
    example. a person posts on page 3 of the deoxys thread, wakes up next morning to see its on page 5 and hes had no offers. that person then thinks, he's had no offers because no one is reading past the first few posts of that thread. which is true, no one will read past the first page of each pokemon title.

thirdly. alot of people like myself have hundreds of pokemon they'd like to trade. who in their right mind would waste 2 hours of their life posting in 100 different topics.

foruthly. when you make a post in the new forum setup saying you have a deoxys for trade, you'll have to go through all of the new posts the next day trying to figure out which person is talking to you in regards to trading. Again this is very time consuming, and whos to say that person who made an offer will be online. The reason why people bump there threads and create new ones is because they want to do quick trades, and get what they want really fast.

Lastly. If you wanted to make an easier system for trading, allow each member to make a post saying what they've got and what they're trading.

Then place those threads into sub-forums.

So for example, Kirks trading thread would go in a sub-forum titled Members trades K - O.

Then make threads within that forum titled

Members trade's K
    Members trade's L
    Members trade's M
    Members trade's N
    Members trade's O

Within those you would have a first post made by you, that has hyperlinks to posts by members who names begin with whichever inital corresponds with their username in that thread.

So in;

Members trade's K

You'd have the first post saying this is where members whos username begins with K can offer what they've got for trade.

then the next person to post would label their post title.{examle}

Kirk's Trading Emporium, and then list all of the pokemon they've got, and say to PM them with any offers.

then you or another mod could add a hyperlink to the first post on the thread titled, Kirk's Trading Emporium, that when clicked on would take any person directly to my thread or another persons thread depending on the hyperlink they clicked
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 11th July 2007 at 9:02 AM.

Sorry but your method is not user friendly. 8 times out of 10, when people are looking for a trade, they are looking for specific Pokémon and this is what this is set to go for. Having it by Members would make things a LOT more difficult for anyone to find what they want at all

You dont have to post in like 100 different topics. Have some restraint. People doing that would be classed as spammers

They may get spammed a bit yes, but that'll just be a small fraction of the spam, bumping etc that was going on in the previous trade forum

And believe it or not, people are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. They will look beyond the first page

This is the best and most logical system and thats that

I have a question. Say im looking for an item. I post in the item thread. There, i want to list everything i have that i want to trade. Pokemon, items, pokemon with items. The list could go on seeing as there are plenty of pokemon and plenty of items. Now, i dont want to clutter the thread with a nice copy-paste from "notepad" listing what i have in my possesion. That would be bad

Something ive been thinking about is hyperlinking to my old trade thread that had that neat copy-paste in a neat format. They could be forwarded back to that thread to see what i have to offer and then post back in the original item thread. Now, this leads to my question.

Will the trade threads created before the merge be deleted rendering my idea moot?

I figure that my ramblings may be hard to look through so if you have no clue what im saying ill see if i can clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Sorry but your method is not user friendly. 8 times out of 10, when people are looking for a trade, they are looking for specific Pokémon and this is what this is set to go for. Having it by Members would make things a LOT more difficult for anyone to find what they want at all

You dont have to post in like 100 different topics. Have some restraint. People doing that would be classed as spammers

They may get spammed a bit yes, but that'll just be a small fraction of the spam, bumping etc that was going on in the previous trade forum

And believe it or not, people are a lot smarter than you give them credit for. They will look beyond the first page

This is the best and most logical system and thats that
    what about the other supposed 2/10 people who are not looking for specific pokemon but instead were making threads listing all the pokemon they had up for trade, and they listed that they were looking for perhaps only event pokemon or they were looking for only shinies{not specific shinies but just shinies in general}, what are they supposed to do now.

Also now that the new system is in place, who actually decides whats considered spamming.

Example:

I've got 30 different shiny or event pokemon i want to trade, and i'm not looking for specifics. I'm only looking for other event pokemon or shinies.

Would i be allowed to post in the 30 threads that my pokemon are a part of, or would i be subjected to the rules and have to limit my posting to only 5 threads a day, and if its the latter, then whats the point of calling this a trading thread, its just like another member called it in the general section.

Its and updated form of the GTS, only just a little bit more conformed with less hacks.

Wow, great job, great job Joe, I really mean it, the trading forums are alot better, and easier for us, thank you.
    Rarely coming here now.. so just chat with me on MSN/Smogon

we want the old 1 back it was so much better
    in game name - jmac
    fc- 2423-3241-4813

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast