Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use the Serebii Trade Centre...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightStorm View Post
    I had a question, that I (believe) wasn't answered here.

Are we allowed to put offers on these posts, or must all trades be completed using PMs?
    Serebii, am I correct about this. I was wondering and wanted to be sure. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intrnd View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly to mean that we can't post the we are searching for a specific pokemon in its respective thread (ex. we can't post in the chatot thread that we're looking for a chatot)?

(not sure if this has already been addressed, but I thought I might as well ask).
    I was wondering the same thing. Do we have to wait for someone to post "I have this Pokemon"? Because I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait for a looong time. I mean, aside from this, I approve of this system, but I don't want to wait forever for someone to post, "I have a ___".
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

I really don't like this new system at all. It's impossible to request for new Pokemon, especially shinies, as everybody is just going to be looking in each thread for Pokemon they want, rather than Pokemon that they want to trade...

It would have been better to just set the forum to trim all the threads in the other old section that haven't been posted in for a certain period of time.
    My Friend Code: 2406 1620 6509

Cool! I just have a few questions:

Say I'm looking for a level 50 timid zapdos from FR/LG with HP Grass or the correct IV's for it (which I am) and I want to post that I'm looking for one in the zapdos trade thread. Can I do that?

Also, will there be a sticky for just shinies, or are they to be posted in the pokemon threads also?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    We're not going back to the old system. That was partially responsible for SPPf being so damned slow with all the constant spam posts, bumping etc. It was taxing the server
    Yeah, Serebii! Say it how it is! :P *so not a nerd*

So, yeah...I think this system is EXTREMELY efficient. Once more people come here and start using it like mad, there will be NO problems for people finding specific Pokemon...and eventually, there'll be enough offers for each Pokemon so that nobody has to break the rules and say "Does anybody of a ___?" in one of the family's forums. Everyone will get used to it, and in no time they'll be saying, "Why was I complaining that I wanted the old one? This one's great!"

Sure, if you're just searching for JUST a shiny Pokemon of any species, I guess you can't do that anymore, but hey...get over it, right?

Anyway, I LOVE this new system...congratulations...I know you thought long and hard about how you were going to do this, and it turned out excellently! GREAT!

(It took me over 1 hour and a half to type and submit this message...lol...)

===
    If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

I speak for a few users who've given up on serebii's trade system.

I really don't like the fact that they pretty much said "Okay, old way sucked, so now a new way. This is the way I want, and I don't give a **** about what you, or anyone else has to say"
    Okay, so, wait: We were used to making a thread stating what pokemon we have for what pokemon we want, then BOOM! One afternoon, our whole trading world on serebii got turned upside down without any kind of warning. Yeah, REAL smart
    Jeeze, ****(another forums site) is looking better aldreay :/

I didn't say that. That's former serebii users who said that on a different forum

I think the new way is half decent. But seriously, this puts Serebii DEAD LAST for all the other competition sites where you can make trade threads and trade pokemon. There now, like, 5 other sites I *may* be going to insead of serebii.

Also, I don't like the fact questions are going unanswered....
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

I have to ask any moderators or serebii who read this thread. I know this is slightly off the subject of trade and more on the subject of battling could we if at all possible have another subforum for battling just for peoples leagues and tourneyments? On the subject trading now i think this is a lot better gives people more of a chance to get a pokemon what they are looking for
    Thank you serebii!
    Is back , pm me for trades have all starters pokemon X FC - 3754 7396 9747. Soon be battling too

The battling forum isn't exactly ultra busy, the current forum stands

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAiden555 View Post
    I speak for a few users who've given up on serebii's trade system.

I didn't say that. That's former serebii users who said that on a different forum

I think the new way is half decent. But seriously, this puts Serebii DEAD LAST for all the other competition sites where you can make trade threads and trade pokemon. There now, like, 5 other sites I *may* be going to insead of serebii.

Also, I don't like the fact questions are going unanswered....
    This wasn't just something I did on a whim. The mods have been saying about how bad, spammy and unsustainable the old trade forum was since Early May and as a group we decided this as it IS a better system. People were just posting, spamming and bumping threads to no end, breaking almost every forum rule. Either way, it wouldn't have been as super as you guys make it out to be

If you feel that you must leave because of something as trivial as this, then so be it, but you'll find less than a tenth of the trading opportunities here over there...so good luck with that

Oh, and the lack of answering questions is due to 1) Sleep 2) Having a life..I don't ****ing sit at the PC 24/7 reading these ****ing posts
    Last edited by Serebii; 12th July 2007 at 10:33 AM.

not everybody can be happy!most of the members of SPPf are happy with this method and you can't change that just you think you're more important! just live with it!if you want to go to another forum then go!less spammers for us an less lags on the site.

just add me, but Pm me so i can add you too .

I've organised them by name now...dont think they look that good personally but that could just be me

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightStorm View Post
    Serebii, am I correct about this. I was wondering and wanted to be sure. Thanks
    Yes, you can put offers on the Sticky Threads. You can do it both ways; PM'ing or Posting.

-Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by salamence_trainer View Post
    not everybody can be happy!most of the members of SPPf are happy with this method and you can't change that just you think you're more important! just live with it!if you want to go to another forum then go!less spammers for us an less lags on the site.
    Are you high or just stupid?
    Only because people doesn't like this method doesn't mean they are spammers... >_>
    My Current Team
    My Shinies

Spoiler:- Trading site:

This new structure is ridiculous. How the hell can you trade away your shinies in a SINGLE thread?! Everyone posting his shinies in one thread isn't really much improvement, is it?! This is so annoying.

As for the regular Pokemon, everyone is now only posting what they are LOOKING FOR. Is just not possible anymore to offer the thing you want to trade. This new structure really is NOT an improvement at all...
    Name: Ser
    Friendcode: 3694 6772 2943

D/C'ers: VEC, gannador, bmcqueen1118, lDragonite, OmegaPit, heartless95 (DO NOT Battle these f*gs)

Cheaters: Flame_blader1

Quote Originally Posted by Ninzeo View Post
    This new structure is ridiculous. How the hell can you trade away your shinies in a SINGLE thread?! Everyone posting his shinies in one thread isn't really much improvement, is it?! This is so annoying.

As for the regular Pokemon, everyone is now only posting what they are LOOKING FOR. Is just not possible anymore to offer the thing you want to trade. This new structure really is NOT an improvement at all...
    Not everyone is posting what they are looking for. I only posted offers so far. :O I've seen many other offers; just look around.

As for the new Shiny Thread, I don't know what to say. Really.. >.<

-Golden.
    Last edited by Golden Pure; 12th July 2007 at 2:27 PM.

I have a problem. I want to post a new thread, but when i click 'new thread' this come.

The Shadow Trainer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't understand this. And i can't post on D/P Battles and Trades

lol, you can't make new threads TST, you can only post in the ones provided, thats a part of the new setup no one can create their own threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow Trainer View Post
    I have a problem. I want to post a new thread, but when i click 'new thread' this come.

The Shadow Trainer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't understand this. And i can't post on D/P Battles and Trades
    As Kirk said, the option to post Threads has been disabled. If people can make Threads in the new Trade Forums, it would be a mess, hence making the new Forums useless.

-Golden.

But then trading is much harder! But i also can't make thread's in the old forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow Trainer View Post
    But then trading is much harder! But i also can't make thread's in the old forum.
    The Old Trade and Battle Forum is closed. No one can make posts there. Only Edit them.

-Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

If you feel that you must leave because of something as trivial as this, then so be it, but you'll find less than a tenth of the trading opportunities here over there...so good luck with that

Oh, and the lack of answering questions is due to 1) Sleep 2) Having a life..I don't ****ing sit at the PC 24/7 reading these ****ing posts

1. That's exactly the reason why I got my shiny miltoic I've been looking for for MONTHS on another forum within hours instead of here.

2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

Oh, so I'm only allowed to make forums if I become a fat hermit with no life who's on 24/7?

Wow, noted for future reference

As for your Milotic...you cant blame it on my new system, as if you've been looking for it for months, you would have found one in the old forum

As I said in the announcments thread, there's a tradeoff involved in both ways. I'm sorry, but the way the SPPf staff has chosen is better for the forum and its users than the old way. There may be some difficulties in getting used to it, but overall it's more efficent, less disorganized, and easier to use. Granted, some circumstances don't adapt themselves as well to this method, but that's how it goes. If you want to make an overall trade/want thread, do what I did and make yourself a website and link to it in your sig. That way, when you do post in individual Pokemon threads, people can see your sig (if they have sigs turned on) and take a look there.

Besides, there are always alternatives. Go to GameFAQs and trade there if you like the more disorganized and helter-skelter method better. Your trade topic will be bumped off the page within the first minute, but hey, it's just like the old way.

I know it sounds selfish, but if SPPf loses members due to this new organization, all the better for users like me. There'll be less lag, and more ease of use.

Stealthy Ninja Mario - A Crossover through Realms

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was SHUKO-CHAN from NSider. Long live the Yoshis of the world!

At first I didn't like the idea, but then I came to realise two things

1. I don't trade that often

2. I can just put rare Pokemon up asking for something as simple as Johto starters.

It was easier to get shinies, if you can make your threads, now all threads are one. it is a big chaos. that's my opinion.

is it possible to make a topic concerning events? like the one about shinies?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast