Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use the Serebii Trade Centre...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow Trainer View Post
    It was easier to get shinies, if you can make your threads, now all threads are one. it is a big chaos. that's my opinion.
    It's because people are stupid and don't read this part of the "How to use the Serebii Trade Forum":

Now, in the actual threads, what we expect you to do, if you're offering a certain Pokémon say for example an Electivire, we expect you to state what the Electivire has, maybe its stats and say that you want to trade it and what you would want for it

For the time being, we would like to ask you all to refrain from saying "I want this Pokémon". You are allowed to reply to people offering the Pokémon with your offers but try to keep the discussion in each thread limited to that particular family.
    Now if everyone actually put up their offer and gave info on them, and actually specified what they want, this system would work. If they also read the second paragraph, this system would work. Personally, I think that you should only be able to post offers in these threads to reduce SPAM. I went into one thread where everything was "I want Shiny [name], I will give you anything." Posting like this wont work, there should be a way to post Pokemon and their info so that it is readable. Personally I would prefer something like how people posted their movesets, only a bit different:

Offer:
    Chikorita Lv 100
    Serious Nature
    Item: Miracle seed
    -Razor leaf
    -Tackle
    -Solar Beam
    -Synthesis

Want: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mew, Magikarp

Something like this would reduce the chaos. I'd hate for all these threads to turn out like the Moveset thread where everybody is asking for a moveset (eventhough it was just posted) and no one helping. Actual trades should be conducted through PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by sephirot View Post
    is it possible to make a topic concerning events? like the one about shinies?
    Event pokemon from the 4th gen are still against the rules on these forums. The only way to get them (unless you live in Japan and went to the Darkrai event) is to either hack or glitch them. Both methods are against Serebii rules. Why would they undermine their own forum rules?

Stealthy Ninja Mario - A Crossover through Realms

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was SHUKO-CHAN from NSider. Long live the Yoshis of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by kairyu_trainer View Post
    Offer:
    Chikorita Lv 100
    Serious Nature
    Item: Miracle seed
    -Razor leaf
    -Tackle
    -Solar Beam
    -Synthesis

Want: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mew, Magikarp

Something like this would reduce the chaos. I'd hate for all these threads to turn out like the Moveset thread where everybody is asking for a moveset (eventhough it was just posted) and no one helping. Actual trades should be conducted through PMs.
    I mean that there to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuko View Post
    Event pokemon from the 4th gen are still against the rules on these forums. The only way to get them (unless you live in Japan and went to the Darkrai event) is to either hack or glitch them. Both methods are against Serebii rules. Why would they undermine their own forum rules?

i never said "event pokemon of the 4th gen". where did u read it? -.-

There are too many people? There aren't as much as the old trade forum, and trust me, if you look in these threads you will actually find shinies. I've visited random threads, and they have all had atleast one person offering up a shiny. Just because it isnt like the old forum where the first five pages are dominated by "I have Shinies" and "I want Shinies" threads, does not mean it is hard. Personally, I find it way easier to find Pokemon with this system. In the old system it's always been "I want Shiny" "I have Shiney" " I want [name] Natured Pokemon!" In the old system, you can only get what you want by posting a thread, and even then they are bumped to the back so easily. It may have worked if people had a link to their thread in their sig, but instead they just decided to make hundreds of extra threads everytime theirs went of the front page.

i never said "event pokemon of the 4th gen". where did u read it? -.-
    I inferred it. If you had meant the other gens, then you didn't actually look at the forums, as you'd know that each of those Pokemon has its own thread in those respective generations (for example, there's a Mew thread in the Kanto forum). The only event Pokemon that aren't accounted for are the ones in the 4th gen, which is why I assumed you meant those.

Elementary, my dear sephirot.

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@

yes but if i am looking for all JAA pokes i must post in 21 different topics, and there are loads of other events, it's impossible to post in every single topic...

yes but if i am looking for all JAA pokes i must post in 21 different topics, and there are loads of other events, it's impossible to post in every single topic...
    No it's not.

Besides, that's just part of the trade off that having a more organized forum is going to enforce. It's already been stated on many occasions that looking for bulk groups of pokemon is no longer feasible with the new system. There's no point in restating the obvious. Besides, if you want to look for all of them, wouldn't it also make sense to take it one at a time so that you don't miss any?

Another question i have to ask Serebii or any other staff who read my post. You put a shiny thread up if i was to offer a shiny and wanted a certain pokemon can i put it in its family post?
    Is back , pm me for trades have all starters pokemon X FC - 3754 7396 9747. Soon be battling too

Quote Originally Posted by PiNgU View Post
    Another question i have to ask Serebii or any other staff who read my post. You put a shiny thread up if i was to offer a shiny and wanted a certain pokemon can i put it in its family post?
    Do you mean if you wanted to offer a Shiny Feebas, can you Post that in the Feebas/Milotic Thread? I think you can.

-Golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Pure View Post
    Do you mean if you wanted to offer a Shiny Feebas, can you Post that in the Feebas/Milotic Thread? I think you can.

-Golden.
    Sorry for any confusion on my previous post i meant was if i wanted a certain poke and was going to give a shiny can i put it in the family thread? I just wanted to double check thats all
    Is back , pm me for trades have all starters pokemon X FC - 3754 7396 9747. Soon be battling too

Quote Originally Posted by PiNgU View Post
    Sorry for any confusion on my previous post i meant was if i wanted a certain poke and was going to give a shiny can i put it in the family thread? I just wanted to double check thats all
    I think Serebii said that, for the time being, we weren't allowed to post in the family threads if we weren't offering that Pokemon. :/ We're supposed to wait until someone's offering before we can ask.

(This sounds kind of impossible though, so I might be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Shuko View Post
    I think Serebii said that, for the time being, we weren't allowed to post in the family threads if we weren't offering that Pokemon. :/ We're supposed to wait until someone's offering before we can ask.

(This sounds kind of impossible though, so I might be wrong).
    Is anybody able to clear this up? Aswell can a mod put a sticky thread listing rules for using the trading and battling forums please ?

Thanks

This is in Joe's first post:

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    For the time being, we would like to ask you all to refrain from saying "I want this Pokémon". You are allowed to reply to people offering the Pokémon with your offers but try to keep the discussion in each thread limited to that particular family.
    It's what I got my interpretation from. Still, I may be interpreting it wrong. xD

Oh, so I'm only allowed to make forums if I become a fat hermit with no life who's on 24/7?

Wow, noted for future reference

As for your Milotic...you cant blame it on my new system, as if you've been looking for it for months, you would have found one in the old forum

If you can quote me anywhere I said that, please show me. I belong to almost 6 other forums and get responses to my questions in a few hours. Not days or never.

For miltoic, I looked with the old system since the 5th day D/P came out, and didn't find one. Less than an hour on another forum, BAM! I get it.
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

And it's a shame that people dont bother reading this because half the posts have turned into

"I want a Shiny [Name]"

They dont even bother saying what they have to offer, and if they do they say "I'll give anything"

The problem here isn't the new system, but that people are either:

a) Too stupid to read this thread

b) Cannot understand even the most straight forward of instructions

c) Reads this but just dont care

If I already didn't have a trade ready for Chikorita and Cyndaquil (well actually two) I would have posted in the Kanto legendary pages offering Arcticuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Mewtwo holding some fossils just for these guys. People need to realise the key to making this work is not to go onto threads saying "I want x Pokemon" bu to go into threads offering their own Pokemon and asking for the ones they want. Or atleast specify what they are willing to offer for "x" Pokemon when they post in those threads, but apparantly the extra three seconds it takes to do that is too time consuming.

People need to realise the key to making this work is not to go onto threads saying "I want x Pokemon" bu to go into threads offering their own Pokemon and asking for the ones they want.
    Wanna hear something ironic? That's exactly how it works in the GTS too. xD You're far more likely to get what you want if you put up a pokemon to trade for it, than if you just simply do a search for the pokemon you want...

Interesting parallelism, that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAiden555 View Post
    If you can quote me anywhere I said that, please show me. I belong to almost 6 other forums and get responses to my questions in a few hours. Not days or never.

For miltoic, I looked with the old system since the 5th day D/P came out, and didn't find one. Less than an hour on another forum, BAM! I get it.
    Since he's not here......

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAiden555 View Post
    1. That's exactly the reason why I got my shiny miltoic I've been looking for for MONTHS on another forum within hours instead of here.

2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers.
    And the reason he did not answer was that

1. He's asleep

2. He has a social life

3. When he could come on the forums, there is lag

And of course, the only way one can respond to all these posts right away was if

1. they did not sleep

2. did not have a social life

3. there is no forum lag

to Joe, Chris, PK, or anyone else who might know the answer from what i know of wifi and the gts you need to have seen the pokemon before you can trade right? so what if you want or any other type you cant normaly find in sinnou? how would you beable to trade for them? is there someone who fights with ?
    pokenoob's PokePet

swift the level 50 Umbreon!

Spoiler:- quotes:

Since he's not here......

And the reason he did not answer was that

1. He's asleep

2. He has a social life

3. When he could come on the forums, there is lag

And of course, the only way one can respond to all these posts right away was if

1. they did not sleep

2. did not have a social life

3. there is no forum lag

...Uh, no. I never said he had to be on 24/7. i was saying, with the "2. Then what's the point of making forums to begin with? Seriously, they're people here who WANT to know the rules. I'm just saying, that really does make you look bad when people want to know, but aren't getting answers." asking him why he "doesn't read every ****ing post".
    I'm done, no more trades. Don't PM me, don't send me an email. I won't respond because I almost never come here anymore.

Forum Lag may keep him from reading all the posts, along with all the constant whining I've seen on this thread.

Pokenoob, the "Need to have seen" restriction only applies for the GTS.

funnily enough theres been no forum lagging for me since the system change compared to slow loading before. that could be considered a good thing but it just goes to show the lack of people on here since the change, hense the lack of congestion
    Name: Tom
    Diamond FC: 1761 9189 7541

my shinies:

fan of OLD trade System

Maybe it's due to the fact that people, for some reason are finding this system hard to use and basically stopped coming here. It's a bonus for me.

I've organised them by name now...dont think they look that good personally but that could just be me
    i agree.

I don't like the alphabetical ordering of the threads. it's much more useful to be able to easily find the stuff that's been posted in recently (with the old system), and you can still find the family you're looking for by using the handy and easy to use Find feature (CTRL + F).
    Pearl FC is 1761 9576 5676, White FC 3310 3986 5019, If you're interested in a pokemon i've posted, and you have something i could be interested in (see below) please PM me. Trade thread here. i also offer custom breeding services, for a price.

Want: female DW Sableye, Offering: Most other good DW females

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard42 View Post
    i agree.

I don't like the alphabetical ordering of the threads. it's much more useful to be able to easily find the stuff that's been posted in recently (with the old system), and you can still find the family you're looking for by using the handy and easy to use Find feature (CTRL + F).
    If you really feel that way, then you shouldn't be afraid to simply click on the 'last post' link at the top of the forum. It orders the threads by which one was posted in last, in descending order. See? Problem solved. xD

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast