Thread: tyranitar vs garchomp

Default tyranitar vs garchomp

tyranitar has like 5 or 6 weaknesses whereas garchomp you really basically just need to watch for ice type. who do you think i should use in my party

It depends on the rest of your team. post this in the competitive/online team rate.

to be more specific:

if you want tyranitar, at least half your team has to resist sandstorm damage for it to be more efficient than garchomp.

if around 3 more pokemon aside from ttar aren't benefitting/not taking damage from sandstorm then use garchomp.

Tyranitar has better stats in every area except for HP and Speed. Its STABs also have much better type coverage, and although it gets no EQ STAB, it doesn't really need it against the pokemon it intends to use it against with an attack stat like that... Garchomp's STAB is overkill.

if you think Garchomp's Dragon weakness isn't something to worry about, think for a second about how many other Garchomps and Salamences are out there.

but as said, T-tar's usefulness is offeset by its annoying (IMO) ability. you don't need to have half your team resist it though, you could just save T-tar as a last resort and send it out as your last pokemon. If you do want to send it out early, make sure that you don't unbalance your team by using a bunch of rock types... pick a ground type and a steel type...

T-tar and garchomp could be great teammates.

T.I.M.E
    Think Innovate Manipulate Exaggerate