Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The Rise of Darkai (10)

I just watched this. It was pretty cool, though boring at some parts. I liked how Ash and Dawn had to team up and get to the top of the tower before the destruction was complete. Good movie overall.

I watched this in Spanish and didn't understand it 100%, but I did enjoy it though.
    00][/CENTER]

I recently just rewatched the movie and I still love. I liked the music. I thought the 3D effects were cool.

I think this movie is great.

Seen this movie yet again and it's still the drawn with Movie 12 as the best DP movie to me.

Great Movie, I watched it last week on Citv. I think that Arceus And The Jewel Of Life is just as good. But if I had to choose between the two, it would be The Rise Of Darkrai. I like the tune the tower makes near the end.
    ~ My 3DS Friend Code is 3523 - 2969 - 5609 ~
    ~ PM me if you wanna add me ~

~ PLAYING PLATINUM AGAIN LIKE A BOSS!!! ~

This movie is the best. I started playing pokemon again because of it
    Check out my new shop

Spoiler:- Credits:

Ever since the change in voice actors, I have tried my hardest not to watch a movie past Mystery of Mew. But there was something about Darkrai I couldn't put my finger on, I just wanted to see if he was awesome.

I liked the movie. It's not my all-time favorite, but it's not a bad movie. Yeah, nothing big really happens until the climax, but at least it builds up to it well enough. I thought Alice was okay a character, she's nothing special. Still, I have liked the relationships used in the movie. Baron Alberto hitting on her was rather funny, even if he's just a jerk. Tonio trying to get on his level to get her attention was rather expected of a character like him, and though he's not that interesting of a character, I respect him for having a relation to the characters in the movie.

I'm not the only one out there who thinks of this, but ever since watching the movie, I've since gotten a soft spot for Darkrai and Alice, or at least Alicia. I find it sweet how the kindness of Alicia helped him learn to open up to others, and thus I can see him having some feelings for her. I'm happy that Alice never did suspect Darkrai the whole time, it's like she knew he was there watching and wanting to help.

Speaking of Darkrai, I think he was really the only reason anyone saw the movie (heck, the same goes for all movies, everyone wants to see the Legendary). The movie may have his name in the title, but if anything, he wasn't the main focus. Sure, he was mentioned a lot, but it was more of mistaken accusation three-quarters of the time. But at least there was a past to give him more of a character development so we as the audience could see that he's not a bad guy, and that Alice completely understands he's innocent. That was pretty much it. Still, Darkrai did have his moments, and I liked him for that. Yeah, the sacrifice was predictable, but it was still a sad moment. We weren't entirely sure what was going to happen to the town once Dialga and Palkia calmed down. I'm trying to remember (haven't watched it for a while) if Dialga took pity on everyone and reversed time to the point before it started disappearing, and that's why Darkrai came back at the end. But then again, everyone had their memories intact... Ah, screw it, it's a Pokémon movie.

The animation was pretty to look at. I can tell they spent a lot of time on the tower to make it pleasing, though, but thankfully, the music and visuals were awesome, so it's forgivable. I also found what the tower did when it activated creative. Wiiiiiings...

Anyhoo, to make a long story short, I liked the movie, and it helped me like Darkrai a lot better than I did. I just wish he had more screentime than he did so I could hear more of his sexy voice.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I can't help but keep watching this early trailer to the movie and think about how amazing and better this film could have been had they kept in all these scenes. Especially with the ones which seem to be Ash's Pidgeot.

An emotional scene with Pikachu crying and the deterioration of the Oracion Tower were cut too, god knows why it looked incredible.

That wasn't Ash's Pidgeot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That wasn't Ash's Pidgeot anyway.
    It could have been, it could have not.

Charizard returned in Movie 3, and considering it was the 10th Movie + Anniversary, it would have been a nice treat, we know DP was big on references so the amount of time between Pidgeots departure in EP081 and return in Movie 10 wouldn't have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It could have been, it could have not.

Charizard returned in Movie 3, and considering it was the 10th Movie + Anniversary, it would have been a nice treat, we know DP was big on references so the amount of time between Pidgeots departure in EP081 and return in Movie 10 wouldn't have mattered.
    By that point of DP Ash only had Turtwig, Aipom and Staravia. I doubt Pidgeot could come from Kanto to Sinnoh and be Ash's strongest Pokemon in the movie.

It's like how Ash rode that Flygon in Movie 6, it probably would have been a wild Pidgeot from the area.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    By that point of DP Ash only had Turtwig, Aipom and Staravia. I doubt Pidgeot could come from Kanto to Sinnoh and be Ash's strongest Pokemon in the movie.
    It would have only been for a Movie, and again, Charizard returned to be Ash's strongest Pokemon in Movie 3 whilst he only had Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Noctowl.

It's like how Ash rode that Flygon in Movie 6, it probably would have been a wild Pidgeot from the area.
    I'll have to agree here, considering a wild flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto appear at the start.

However saying all of this, these scenes still should have been in the movie imo, it would have made it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'll have to agree here, considering a wild flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto appear at the start.

However saying all of this, these scenes still should have been in the movie imo, it would have made it much better.
    Saying that, it actually gives some credibility to the idea of it perhaps being Ash's.. Considering it has its own flock by now...

Jeez, how I miss Pidgeotto. People usually undercredit it so much, while it actually performed in the most gymbattles out of all of Ash's birds. It actually did more before it left then Squirtle did.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I seriously wonder why they made Darkrai the good guy and not the villain. HOW do you look at an evil looking Pokémon that throws kids into nightmares for kicks and is just an all-round bad guy - and think "this thing's not evil, he's misunderstood, he only fwows people into nightmares becaws he cawn't contwol it and he weally ownwy wants fwiends so he can fwollic in fields all day long! "?!

I didn't like this one for some reason. :c

I really enjoy this movie. This is my favorite movie of all time. Darkrai vs the God Pokemon were played brilliant even though Darkrai couldn't win.I loved the fact that Ash and Dawn had to climb the tower to play Oracion before the town disappear. I loved the climax of the story and the characters Alice,Tonio,Baron were interesting characters. It had it funny parts even though it was a serious movie. My favorite scene of this movie was when Ash and Dawn was about to fall off the tower and their Pokemon saved them and they held hands for a short moment. Curse the Pearlshipper within me I give this movie a 9/10.

Banner made by Skiyomi

i loved this movie, but i kinnda wanted darkrai to be a bad guy.....i thought it would make him cooler.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I really enjoy how some parts darkrai was portrayed as an evil pokemon when he really wasn't. It was a nice little twist imo. He sacrificed himself to protect everyone which was epic and sad. I found it funny when lickylicky's nightmare was being its trainer xD

Could've mad Darkrai seem a little more bad-*** though but still it was a great movie and one of my favorites

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

I think this movie was alright. What I liked best was how it didn't revolve around the friendship is magic formula, like most of the other movies do. It's cool how they made Darkrai the good guy, it's not something you'd expect from a Pokémon with nightmare powers and looks evil like that.
    The fight between Palkia and Dialga got boring to watch after some scenes, because nothing really happens in it, other than Palkia getting scratched a little at one point. I wish they would have made the battle more intense the longer it dragged on, but instead you get to see the same stuff over again without anything changing (neither of the 2 were showing signs of getting tired, and neither tried more powerful moves to try to end the other once and for all). That's what kind of ruined the climax for me.
    Other than that, the production quality seemed a little higher than previous movies. The animation wasn't bad actually, the CGI looked alright, and the voice acting was completely terrible.

This movie is one of my favorite movies, I liked how this movie slowly built up to the epic climax.
    I thought Alice was a good character, both Tonio and Baron Albreto had a crush on her.

Baron Alberto hitting on Alice was kinda funny, I liked how Dawn came to Alice's rescue....even thought she's just a kid. I liked the scene Alberto turned into a Lickilicky, it's both funny and creepy when he licked Jessie's face.

It's interesting how she belived that Darkrai is not a bad Pokémon, he just wants to help.
    The past between Darkrai and Alice was intersting. Darkrai is the one who saved her, but she thought Tonio saved her. I Liked the Ash/Dawn and Alice/Torino moments throughout the movie.

The battle between Dialga and Palkia was cool, and It's awesome (and sad)how Darkrai sacrificed himself. Ash and Dawn teaming up and climbing the tower to play Oracion to was cool, I liked the scene where they were almost falling off from the tower, but saved by their Pokémon. It's kinda cute when Ash and Dawn held hands for a short moment.

The sound of the Oracion was wonderful, no wonder how it calmed down Dialga and Palkia. It's really surprising when Darkari came back.....alive.

The animation and music of this movie were great, it's a good thing that TPCI keeps almost all of the original japanese music in the movies.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Hey, I was just wondering what other people thought the lyrics for "I'll Always Remember You" mean?

I think it means that even though your paths may no longer cross, the memory of the people is what matters the most and that you should follow the path you want and not change it because you want to stay with someone. You should always follow your path. Memory of the people you will no longer see is what matters the most.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819