Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rise of Darkai (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamood07 View Post
    anyone nows where I can download the movie ?
    No, but you sure can buy the DVD when it comes out.

Yeah, I thought the fact it dissapeared in the same purple light as everything else that was "destroyed" was pretty obvious what happened.

Anyway, while I do agree with Franky on it being heavily copied from Movie 2 and 7, I thought the song was set up alot better then Movie 2 and likewise the battle was alot more satisfying then Deoxys and Rayquazas.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I hope Darkrai: Legs Mode is an alt form in Emerald.
    Darkrai isn't even in pokemon emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Murphym View Post
    Darkrai isn't even in pokemon emerald.
    You have been grossly misinformed.

So, did Ash call the phallic dragon an idiot? And was that....incredible ghost Bibarel half as hillarious as it was in za japanese bersion? These important questions need answering, with the swiftness equal to that of SSBB's release date.

Darkrai didn't die because it was at the end of the movie. But the question is: how did it survive?

Basically, Ash just asked Palkia "Can't you see what you've done?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post

I was about to cry at the end of this movie. I didn't see it and I didn't know that Darkrai survived, but I was about to cry to a Pokemon movie. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Maybe that's just how good this movie was?

LIIIIIICKKKA!

The ending is that bittersweet, huh? I can't wait to see it come May 27. I've cried during many a Pokemon movie myself. The only films that don't warrent crying are films 7 and 8, actually.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

*sigh*

Still waiting for either someone to upload this to Youtube, or for a torrent to become available. I'm sure it will, as I recal finding one for the 9th one last time. However, one of them was for #PM, which unfortunately isn't doing the English ones anymore... drats.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to buy the movie in May. I'm just waiting for something to tide me over until then.

Question: did they keep the "batman-esque" them for Darkrai's final appearance at the end?

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Did anyone watch the movie with CC on? I REALLY want to know Maki, Dai & Katsumi's dub names. Everyone ignored them...
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

I really liked the movie, it was good. It was funny too, especially Ash and the steps, lol. I like Tonio, he's cute, clumsy, and funny, but pretty smart.
    Eh, that Baron is so full of himself, although I do find it funny that even though it's the pokemon's name, but hearing him say "LickiLicky" makes him sound kinda funny. He might have been stuck up, but he was sure great for laughs, especially when it came to (trying and failing) rescuing Alice from her jump.
    My only question was what did Dawn have to call out Buizel too, I mean couldn't she had just called out Bunerary to use ice beam, or was water gun to give it extra strength or whatever, I get that Buizel saved Ash/Dawn so it was needed in some way, but I don't know, I'm probably just overthinking things.

It's offical, Croagunk is now one of my favorite Pokemon, him stopping that attack was awesome.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

I laughed as Ash's inspiration non stop spirit backfired on him with the stairs lol

I won't give any links but it is now on youtube.
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 25th February 2008 at 5:56 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Can we keep the spoilers hidden from view, for those who have not seen the flick yet. I can't live it down if I see such surprises as Ash talking to Palkia, Alberto's character quirks, and Darkrai's ultimate sacrifice.
    Last edited by Cartoonami; 25th February 2008 at 6:32 PM. Reason: additions
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Anyone else think that the opening theme is going to be the theme for season 2 of DP?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Anyone else think that the opening theme is going to be the theme for season 2 of DP?
    Of course not.

I wish. Anything to replace the current one.

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

It shouts DARKRAI multiple times. No.

Did anyone watch the movie with CC on? I REALLY want to know Maki, Dai & Katsumi's dub names. Everyone ignored them...
    I'm on it.

*calls Blackjack*

Make yourself useful for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    It shouts DARKRAI multiple times. No.
    Well, perhaps if they re-word the lyrics, then perhaps maybe so...?

Eh, who cares. I just want a good dub theme.

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

I was too excited with Purugly, Luxio and Darkrai's sexy skirt showing those amazing legs to pay attention to the movie.

Just kidding. One of my favorites. It felt very epic and I love that everyone had a role in the movie, not just Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonouchi View Post
    Well, perhaps if they re-word the lyrics, then perhaps maybe so...?

Eh, who cares. I just want a good dub theme.
    In other words, make it into an entirely different song.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    In other words, make it into an entirely different song.
    Pretty much.

Default My thoughts on "Rise of Darkrai"

I recorded the movie as I watched it, and then I rewatched a little bit of it. I found that I liked the movie the more I rewatched it. Mainly because I've grown to like Darkrai. In my first viewing I was hostile to him as well as to Dialga and Palkia, because they all are so UGLY. Weird ornaments on their bodies and their bodies composed of shapes that clash. They all look like the designers couldn't come up with any good idea and so scrawled them together. But when I rewatched it I knew beforehand about Darkrai's story. I really responded to the sweet relationship he had with Alice and her grandmother. Now I really cared about him.

The story reminded me of "Beauty and the Beast". Baron Alberto really gave off a Gaston vibe.

I thought that Darkrai would be the third pokemon to die in a movie. That of course turned out not to be the case. But I didn't mind, because by now the pokemon surviving is actually the unexpected thing to do, and because I had really warmed up to Darkrai. IMHO, Alice should ditch the nerd and ship with Darkrai instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkan1969 View Post

The story reminded me of "Beauty and the Beast". Baron Alberto really gave off a Gaston vibe.
    That's exactly what I thought too!

In fact, Alice and Darkrai acted a whole lot like Belle and Beast. Alice being one of the only ones not blaming Darkrai for what was going on, and Darkrai acting suspiciously ferocious when he was actually misunderstood and was helping everyone.

Even the ending was like that. Well, almost...

No one's slick like Alberto
    No one's quick like Alberto
    No one orders his Pokes to use Lick like Alberto
    For there's no man in town half as manly
    Perfect, a pure paragon
    You can ask any Seel, Muk, or Chansey
    And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on

No one's heard like Alberto
    Beats up nerds like Alberto
    And eats the meat of Muku.BIRD like Alberto
    As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating
    Oh, what a guy, Alberto!

(This thread was nearly 300 posts overdue for that.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I did as soon as I heard it.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

could have been better.....but i did like it!!!
    just seeing the three legends fighting was cool enough...

border="0"><br>Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!</a><br><a href="http://www.pokeplushies.com">Get your own at PokePlushies!</a>

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast