Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rise of Darkai (10)

Can someone get the english dub name for the torterra trainer?

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^^started by SapphireL)

I've got a feeling that the movie's opening will be the new opening when the show comes back from hiatus, especially since the credits labeled it as "We Will be Heroes - The Rise of Darkrai." I mean, it'd be cut down, but still...
    Last edited by Reign G; 26th February 2008 at 6:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Anyone else had that "Ashchu" vibe when Alberto turned into Lickilicky?
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 26th February 2008 at 5:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    No one's slick like Alberto
    No one's quick like Alberto
    No one orders his Pokes to use Lick like Alberto
    For there's no man in town half as manly
    Perfect, a pure paragon
    You can ask any Seel, Muk, or Chansey
    And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on

No one's heard like Alberto
    Beats up nerds like Alberto
    And eats the meat of Muku.BIRD like Alberto
    As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating
    Oh, what a guy, Alberto!

(This thread was nearly 300 posts overdue for that.)
    Darn, if only the tune wasn't half jammed in my mind I could have easily sung this thing no problem. I think I'm missing some of the tune though, then it'll be perfect.

Also, it seems I did find a torrent for this thing. Now I can finally watch it! I did find it on Youtube, but unfortunately, the time I checked at, couldn't find part 2.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    Anyone else had that "Ashchu" vibe when Alberto turned into Lickilicky?
    I did too, apparently.

We need more transformations in the anime. Movies and PMD specials don't count in my eyes.

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Well if anyone want to see the opening theme used in the movie which aired on 24th can see it on "pokemon-safari.com".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well if anyone want to see the opening theme used in the movie which aired on 24th can see it on "pokemon-safari.com".
    Augh, why, why, why, why, why did PUSA have to make this thing sound like the Jap version when they have a perfectly usable English intro at their disposal. I know I'll get bugged for this, but still, why are they doing this?

Actually, I don't know why, but this sounds way more like the Battle Frontier intro than the actual DP intro. Maybe its the way they say "Pokémon".

Still a little bitter at it though. Thanks anyways, at least I get to make a proper judgement once again. Just really annoying that's all.

edit: Had this been used for the show intro, I would actually like this more. Just replace Darkrai with Diamond and Pearl. Doesn't rhyme but oh well.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 26th February 2008 at 5:33 PM.

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Is this movie any good if so i can'y wait till europe gets it

Is it me, or was it that almost every time "Pokemon" came up in the intro song, it sounded just like the first time "Pokemon" is sung during the battle frontier intro?

Anyway, the movie wasn't too bad. Better than the Manaphy movie, but not quite as high as Lucario or Mewtwo. All the movie pokemon appearing during the beginning segment was a nice touch.

I swear Pokemon USA really made a real effort to make this movie the best it could be. The script was spot on (with the usual humorous edits), and most of the voices manage to remain on par with episode level quality.

I enjoyed the part where everyone was calling Alberto "Baron Lickilicky." That was priceless. I'm pretty sure that there's a joke that makes much more sense of this in Japanese, but since Lickilicky and Alberto sound nothing alike, it makes it seem like Team Rocket call him Baron Lickilicky on purpose making it wackier in English.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

I enjoyed the dubed version of the movie, animation was great and I loved the music. It was nice seeing Ash and Dawn saving the world. And there were some humorous moments in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CabbyFish View Post
    Is it me, or was it that almost every time "Pokemon" came up in the intro song, it sounded just like the first time "Pokemon" is sung during the battle frontier intro?my thoughts exactly

Anyway, the movie wasn't too bad. Better than the Manaphy movie, but not quite as high as Lucario or Mewtwo. All the movie pokemon appearing during the beginning segment was a nice touch.

I swear Pokemon USA really made a real effort to make this movie the best it could be. The script was spot on (with the usual humorous edits), and most of the voices manage to remain on par with episode level quality.

I enjoyed the part where everyone was calling Alberto "Baron Lickilicky." That was priceless. I'm pretty sure that there's a joke that makes much more sense of this in Japanese, but since Lickilicky and Alberto sound nothing alike, it makes it seem like Team Rocket call him Baron Lickilicky on purpose making it wackier in English.The fact that Lickilicky in Japanese is in fact Beroberuto does help mind you. I myself was wondering how PUSA would handle the translation, now I know. Although, it took me a little while to realize that the way Alberto dresses up just happens to be the way Lickilicky actually looks. So that's were the joke came in I think.
    Comments in Bold.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    I enjoyed the dubed version of the movie, animation was great and I loved the music. It was nice seeing Ash and Dawn saving the world. And there were some humorous moments in the movie.
    Please note: Only Alamos town was trapped inside the dimensional rift. Not the whole world!

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

I wasn't really paying attention to the movie, because of homework, but I wish I had. I'm pretty sure I saw Big D go for Palkia's neck, which was Awesome. Opening sucked, and we've had more than enough "save the world with music" endings, but other than that, okay movie. Also, Likiliky for the effing win.
    Oh dear. It looks like shame.

Quote Originally Posted by pi-pikachu1_1 View Post
    ^^raikou wasnt in a movie.. only in a special
    But Ho-ho was in the opening 2 and he did not have a movie. And also it was featured as the last one????............o_0

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    palkia's voice was taken from the varactyl from star wars episode 3 revenge of the sith..I guess it was a stock sound.

I thoguht the movie was ok.. not the best..I still think the lucario movie was the best,..that moved me.

I LOVE Darkrai's theme.well I assume it is his theme,.. the gothy dark music... was beautiful..
    Lucario movie was LAME ,should have been a special at most ,not a movie ,it sucked big time. But I guess if you are an emo-cry baby movie loving type it works for ya. Lucario movie is the worst imo.......no scrap that movie 5 is the worst along with 6-7-8 and 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    I thought the movie was alright. I was expecting much more since it's the 10th movie after all. Dialga totally owned both Palkia & Darkrai. That's why most people bought Pokemon Diamond than Pokemon Pearl. Darkrai wasn't all that impressive.
    darkrai is wack indeed. I dont know why he is so overhyped. It was cool to see how his cheap dark void didn't work on palkia or diala ,should have also been that way in the games! What was he doing in that movie anyway? He has no place amongst the POKEMON GODS! Luckely the writers did realize that and darkrai ended up being severly pwned and Killed by dailga and palkia!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Darkrai didn't die because it was at the end of the movie. But the question is: how did it survive?
    Actually it DID die. Palkia and Dialka attacked it bot hat the same time and destroyed him. They even did victory cries after that!

The reason it returned is because Ash and Dawn asked palkia to restore everything the way it was. So the POKEMON GOD palkia gave darkrai back it's puny little life , so it can go back and give people nightmares.
    Cause thats basicly all it does. Doesn't really compare with a pokemon deity/god who controles the very fabric of space itself!

I thought the movie was alright it was better the nmost movies they brought out. The only lame thing that I hated that again they use a song to calm down pokemon, that was just weak. And the dissolving of that city remidned me of movie 9 were that temple became flooded with water. So that's why in my eyes it isnt actually the best but it certainly ransk up there with the best. The movie 2000 with lugia is still in a league of it's own, followed closely by the first movie. And after those 2 comes this movie _0_.

Hopefully the 11th movie will top this one and will comr with a bit more originality. I'm glad the fight isnt over yet between dialga and palkia hopefully they both together with giratina will pwn regigigas like they pwned darkrai. The Gods need to show their power to these insignificant insects and lesser pokemon muwahahahahahahahahaha( evil augh) !!!!!

Wow. This is the first movie that made me start tearing up! Maybie because darkrai's one of my favorite pokemon ever, and he kind of disappeared in little purple spots. I also noticed if you listen closely, he kind of sounds like the Japanese voice. At least, that's what I thought.
    Alberto made this movie. I mean, he was so funny. The way he screamed at his reflection, "My royal tongue!" And when he returned to normal he went, "ENOUGH FOR ONE DAY!"
    One of the best by far.
    Last edited by PixieMaster; 2nd March 2008 at 5:02 AM.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

I saw the movie Sunday night. I thought it was OK. I mainly enjoyed the romance between Alice and Tonio (spelling?), and that the thing that saved everyone was, literally, 'prayer'. That made me happy. When I heard Darkrai actually talking, my inner fangirl shrieked in delight. I was like, 'That is SO cool!'
    I like many different shippings...
    Merii, Jayden and Luke is my OT3!
    Finally got a Pokemon Diamond! My friend code: 2278 0159 6048
    A LiveJournal Community for Legendary Pokemon!

movie was good, not great. because:

no plot. all they did was make diagla, plakia, and darkrai fight.
    darkrai got pwned. he didn't even hurt diagla or palkia.

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

@ S.Suikun: Excellent job with the lyrical distortion! My new favorite song.

I missed the first 5 minute of the movie. Now I know there was a theme song involved, I feel extra-lame... I never should've went sledding that day...

I'll just chime in to say my favorite parts were the battles with the Sinnoh starters. Especially Croagunk and Infernape. And Piplup trying to out-chest-puff Empoleon. I go all fanboy over really nice battle animations.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Did anyone watch the movie with CC on? I REALLY want to know Maki, Dai & Katsumi's dub names. Everyone ignored them...
    If they have dub names, they were never mentioned in the captions.

*sticks tongue out at caption haters*
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Honestly, this is probably the best of the movies since the first one. It really was very good, and the battle scenes were well done. Darkrai was pretty awesome. He looked evil in the end. >:-E
    98% of the female population of this forum thinks that Eeveeboy_geoff is the sexiest thing ever. If you are one of the 2% who has bad taste (or is gay, I suppose), copy-paste this into your signature. ~.^

This was an awesome movie. It started off a bit slow, but the climax was awesome. Darkrai absolutely KICKED ***** and Croagunk blocked an attack from effing DIALGA! And Baron Lickylicky certainly gave Team Rocket a run for their money.

I'd say it was the best movie yet. All it needed was a Croagunk+Dialga rodeo scene and it would've been perfect.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

Well, I think this movie was a deserving one. My third fav after 8 and 2, respectively.

What really surprised me here was that it was scientifically reasonable. Add that with the fact that Darkai didn't really die at all - he just got transferred to another dimension; and this whole space-time instability occurs due to the collision of Roar of Time and Spacial Rend.

Anyway, the musical score was awesome. I guess this is a parallel of Movie 2 in many ways; with the 'prayer' related to Lugia's song we hear (personally, I thought this one was better).
    The Space-Time tower concept...awesome. If anything this makes me want to see Sagrada Famalia on which they are based. The auditorium was really cool; I don't think normal contest halls are this big in the anime.

Apart from that, the magnitude of power was also quite intense. Sure, it's true that Dialga pretty much screwed Darkai and Palkia (nasty dinos, I wasn't surprised that Daak Void didn't work on two Gods), and Croagunk was able to successfully block an attack, but it really does look like two gods fighting. Overall, the CGI was impressive for a Pokemon movie, especially the last few scenes where the song made the tower erupt with light. Palkia and Dialga also had those godlike auras around them. Neat.

Nice to see that they made Dawn have an equal role in this, but this factor has been on the increase anyway, so no surprise. Darkai was the hero at the end of the day, along with Pikachu and Pachirisu.

The main downtracking element was the way the plot unraveled. I think they could have added a lot more depth into the plot and made the storyline progress better. It's still alright though, as the Baron-transformation thing was funny as hell. They could have given Team Rocket a bigger role, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Overall, acceptable excellence. 8.5/10.
    Last edited by EarthBorn; 27th February 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Well, for anyone who wants to know, I'll post the lyrics to the opening theme, because I can .

(There in italics)

Pokémon

Another Day, Another Fight
    Another chance to make things right, (Pokémon)
    We will be strong, the way it should be
    Ready for the challenge, you and me!

We will be heros! (Pokémon)
    We can change the world as we try! (Darkrai)
    I go where you go! (Pokémon)
    Forever friends, you and I! (Darkrai)

The moments right, the time has come
    For us to stand, together as one
    So take my hand, follow me
    To win it all's our destiny!

We will be heroes! (Pokémon)

We will be HEROES! (Pokémon)

So, since I have my ways, I'm posting this as I watch it. So, no flaming me, just read.

Well, I gotta say, that since I've already since the subbed version in advance (my and impatience, sometimes I really don't know what gets over me), I gotta say I like the voice choice for Alice and Tonio, well chosen (even though Alice does sound like Dawn, though not as much as Cynthia). Alberto was well chosen, and his voice even sounds just a tinge like Gaston (and now that I've seen S.Suikun's rendition of that particular song, and can't help but think how well it fits to him!).

Overall a decent work, and it seems that PUSA is learning how to do decent translations, even such things would normally not affect me at all. I'll blame my knowledge on that. And my access to things.

The only problem with airing this improperly, is that some people might wonder why Chimchar isn't in the main group.

Anyhow, this is one of those movies that you can't help but laugh, especially when you know the series very well.

I'll post my review later.

edit: Darkrai's voice is just spot on. O_o, when I first heard it, creepy... perfect for such a character.
    edit2: Wow, Ash underestimates the exact height of a spiral staircase. Nice one...

An electrically powered organ? Doesn't that defeat the purpose entirely?

edit3: Is this the first time a Pokémon actually calls out the attack they're using? I'm certain Mewtwo, Lugia, or Lucario ever said the attack they were using. Darkrai's a first.

edit4:
    Didn't want to make another post simply because this is both easier and there hasn't been more than two posts after this one at the time of posting.

Anyways, I wanted to point out that it seemed that they kept Darkrai's ending theme. I swear, Batman-esque music really suits the guy. And also, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this besides me (though I could ask the more obssessed fans), that it seems that the translations were really more towards the original version than I had originally thought. Not only that, but it also seems that some of the names were kept (then again, how the hell would you translate Tonio, Alice, Alicia or Gaudy for that matter).

Also, regarding what Latios said in an earlier post, Darkrai really did just get flung outside the dimensional rift. Firstly, the force of the explosion from the attacks was enough to really send him flying, not to mention his position in regards to the inner wall of the dimension. And, speaking of that, when Tonio says that if the next attack hits then this dimension is done for, well its true, but considering how small an area it is, it's not that bad once you realize exactly how much of the dimension it occupies. It's a little confusing, but I seem to understand some of it. If someone can sort of "translate" what I mean into more coherant terms, be my guest.

In terms of VA work, wow, they're really getting this stuff down pat. Though, young Alice sounded an awful lot like Misty. And, if you listen carefully to Baron Alberto, doesn't he have that tinge of BF Harley? If not, then I'm just really not noticing this correctly. Emily Williams (Zoey) voiced the Infernape Trainer. Apparently, they never mention their names.

Anyways, I must say the PUSA is really starting to improve on things that needed to be done in the past.

Well, that's all for me.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 27th February 2008 at 11:10 PM.

- Cobaltios

No, I'm afraid nobody cares about captions, and you're merely grasping for straws.
    Hard-of-hearing people don't watch Pokemon?

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Mod on Bulbagarden Forums | Admin on Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by The carter View Post
    Lucario movie was LAME ,should have been a special at most ,not a movie ,it sucked big time. But I guess if you are an emo-cry baby movie loving type it works for ya. Lucario movie is the worst imo.......no scrap that movie 5 is the worst along with 6-7-8 and 3-4
    Yeah, 'cause Pokemon should be all about giant Pokemon brawlin' with each other.

You know what these movies need? MORE BLOOD AND GORE. AND A R RATING. Yes, that would make the movies better, right?

...Sorry, but if you're looking for one of those 'adrenaline pumping' movies, you're not going to find it in the Pokemon franchise. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    Yeah, 'cause Pokemon should be all about giant Pokemon brawlin' with each other.

You know what these movies need? MORE BLOOD AND GORE. AND A R RATING. Yes, that would make the movies better, right?

...Sorry, but if you're looking for one of those 'adrenaline pumping' movies, you're not going to find it in the Pokemon franchise. :/
    Well I did find it in the pokemon franchize............

Remember the first movie or the second one? I'm not saying it should all be about fighting, that's what movie 7 was about.....wich was lame. But Groudon against kyogre(wich should have been a movie) or dialga vs palkia is very interesting. Underneed it all can be more ofcourse ,like that whole ash/misty thing in pokemon 2000............ But there still needs to be fighting, it's what they(pokemon) do.......... humans 2 btw, but you'll learn once you are all grown up, little girl........

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast