Page 948 of 1017 FirstFirst ... 848898938944945946947948949950951952958998 ... LastLast
Results 23,676 to 23,700 of 25404

Thread: The NEW Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    that's like yelling at me because I wanted to know what kind of pizza we ordered.
    Something I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Pichu is a bad Melee character.
    You really are the ultimate winder-upper aren't you. You just shouted at someone at suggesting the existence of "good" and "bad" characters then you call Pichu a "bad" character.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime
    all you honestly did was ask if he was going to be good or not. there's no harm in that. that's like yelling at me because I wanted to know what kind of pizza we ordered.
    Exactly. Don't add BattleFranky to your respected list because he was a **** to you. He didn't win the argument, he was just more stubborn than you were.
    It returns...
    Are you looking forward to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smile Guy View Post
    You really are the ultimate winder-upper aren't you. You just shouted at someone at suggesting the existence of "good" and "bad" characters then you call Pichu a "bad" character.
    You can't really shout over the internet and I think you misinterpreted what he said.

He was saying that any character could be played good and essentially good. But by standards of smoothly playing, Pichu and a few other characters didn't meet up to this.

You can't really shout over the internet and I think you misinterpreted what he said.
    Then why does talking in all caps get you banned in SPP chat, and the kick message usually deals with there being no need to shout?
    You just shouted at someone at suggesting the existence of "good" and "bad" characters then you call Pichu a "bad" character.
    No he was saying that all the characters can be played good, but that doesn't mean all characters are good. If there were no bad characters then we would see more than just Fox, Falco, Marth, Falcon, Samus, etc. winning the non-low bottom tier tournies.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

what i'm honestly confused about is why he cares that much about tiers when he hates the people who construct them and don't agree with their playing style.

the inconsistentcy is baffling.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

He didn't win the argument, he was just more stubborn than you were.
    Quoted for reffering to basically any internet arguement.

About tiers, many people don't know anything about them.
    Tiers aren't created by a group of people just picking their favorites. Tiers are created based on tournament results. They looked how far each character got in each big tournament and ordered them based on results.
    That doesn't mean Fox is the best character in the game. It just means he generally placed higher in tournaments than other characters. It doesn't mean Pichu and Mewtwo suck. It means the generally placed lowest.
    The SSBM tier list was made in exactly the same way as the Smogon tier list. The Smogon tier list is made purely out of usage. With the exception of the Uber tier, every Pokémon isn't ranked according to their strength but according to their usage.
    That is also why there can't be a Brawl tier list yet. There have only been two big tournaments so far, which isn't nearly enough to base results from. There are several speculations, like Marth at the top with Pit, Mario, Luigi and Metaknight following, but no official tier list can be made yet.

Tier lists aren't made from power, they are made from usage.
    Tier lists are real and accurate. They are just misunderstood by most people.

Legend of Zelda: Hoenn Adventures is currently dead.

They were so forced on that Subspace thing that they left out some pointlessly great fighters.

Come on I can't be the only one who wanted more fighters?

jellsprout, though usage is a factor, potential is the biggest factor.

every Pokémon isn't ranked according to their strength but according to their usage.
    it doesnt matter how many people use Butterfree; its not going to suddenly be on the leagues of freaking Garchomp. lets not be silly here.
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 18th February 2008 at 3:29 PM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

I don't know if I like the Luigi's Mansion stage. Can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't appeal to me. I think I would have liked it better if it took place in the front room and had some stage hazards like a falling chandelier or ghosts. Eh, maybe I'll change my mind when I play.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonster2191 View Post
    I don't know if I like the Luigi's Mansion stage. Can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't appeal to me. I think I would have liked it better if it took place in the front room and had some stage hazards like a falling chandelier or ghosts. Eh, maybe I'll change my mind when I play.
    Agread ghots would have been cool

Pichu- weaker Pikachu that hurt itself.
    OBJECTION!

Pichu was infact stronger and could charge skull bash longer. However the hurting its self did not help it.

Also, Luigi's Mansion looks fun. Not to mention it is very easy to unlock.
    The Status Quo Now Truely Sucks

George Patrick Carlin May 12, 1937- June 22, 2008
    Crazy, old, man died too early.

I'm extremely excited about this game.

I really can't wait to try out Luigi. After Falco and Peach, Luigi was my favorite in Melee. I wonder how well I'll fair without his wavedash.

The knockback on Falco's reflector: does it hit the opponent upwards like in Melee? Or away like Fox's shine? If it's the latter, it should be much easier to shinespike, methinks...

Yeah, I think Pichu actually was stronger, for some demented reason.

(EmberStar, did you read the PM I sent you?)

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Cerberus View Post
    Agread ghots would have been cool
    I think there were rumors that ghosts appear on the stage but still, I would have liked my idea better.

OBJECTION!

Pichu was infact stronger and could charge skull bash longer. However the hurting its self did not help it.

Also, Luigi's Mansion looks fun. Not to mention it is very easy to unlock.
    Whatever, it still sucked.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Who thinks Luigi should have gotten his vacuum? I think he would've been much more interesting with it.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Who thinks Luigi should have gotten his vacuum? I think he would've been much more interesting with it.
    What function could the vacuum have? And don't say suck someone towards you because that would be useless.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Same here. And, if it was made his standard B move, it would make him only 1/4th clone.

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

Yeah, he could have been his own character with just his Poltergeist.

What function could the vacuum have? And don't say suck someone towards you because that would be useless.
    How would that we useless. Say I suck someone in. Than, while there on the vacuum, still be sucked in, I could hit them with a bunch of standard combos. The opponent could rapidly press A to get free. It's sorta like a sucked in grab, except it does more damage and there is no throwing.

In Chaoskid42's Brawlstream I saw items getting sucked into Kirby's FS.
    Last edited by freekhenstra; 18th February 2008 at 5:28 PM.

Help me hatch 'em all!
    Join the Serebii Mario Kart 7 Community!
    42-3526-7253-4749

How would that we useless. Say I suck someone in. Than, while there on the vacuum, still be sucked in, I could hit them with a bunch of standard combos. The opponent could rapidly press A to get free. It's sorta like a sucked in grab, except it does more damage and there is no throwing.
    So in other words, it's a grab with a gigantic range that is hard to escape from. Yeah, that's not broken at all. Even the Bv suggestion where he sucks people towards him would suck. There would obviously be some lag and then you're pretty much open to an attack.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    it doesnt matter how many people use Butterfree; its not going to suddenly be on the leagues of freaking Garchomp. lets not be silly here.
    It will. Except for the Uber tier, Smogon bases its tier list on the usage of Pokémon according to the Shoddy usage list.
    If everybody would Butterfree or Dunsparce, they will become OU.

Legend of Zelda: Hoenn Adventures is currently dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jellsprout View Post
    It will. Except for the Uber tier, Smogon bases its tier list on the usage of Pokémon according to the Shoddy usage list.
    The only tiers that are determined by usage are BL and OU.

Quote Originally Posted by jellsprout View Post
    Doesn't help that it's called over used, not overly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Trainer View Post
    Why was mewtwo sure a horrible character?
    He was slow, his attacks were not strong enough to make up for his lack of speed and he was too easily tossed around. For these reasons, he was seen as the absolute worst character in the game. Even Pichu had more going for it than Mewtwo, which is incredibly strange for Pokémon fans to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Trainer View Post
    And is lucario gonna be the new mewtwo?
    No. Not even close.
    Owner of the Nintendo Club
    and the newly-remade Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!
    Old members rejoin! New members welcome!

AerialAce! and Zink - Smash Brothers
    [AerialAce! was formerly known as Burninator]

Page 948 of 1017 FirstFirst ... 848898938944945946947948949950951952958998 ... LastLast