Thread: End The Source

Default End The Source

END THE SOURCE

RATED: TV-14 {Violence
    }

ContestShipping

{Prologue/It shall begin}

As most regions these days, set up areas of the land for the vast contest arena's, Johto would follow suite in the same way. With a steadily growing population of Coordinator's, throughout Olivine, Goldenrod, and Cherrygrove, it would be of no amazement that the hopeful Coordinator's from all across the many regions would join Johto. What would take place, would be displays for beauty, power, trust, and courage of the trainer's own individual pokemon to attempt new techniques and to further that bond between trainer and pokemon.

Out of the like, thousands of hopeful ones, two of them were longtime rivals May and Drew. After May had heard about these contests in particular, and that Drew and Harley would head towards these contests, it came of no surprise that May and younger brother Max would try these ones out. So came brother and sister onto the wooden docks of Olivine to begin their great adventure.

Olivine- May and Max

The aforementioned Maple family children, stepped off the platform of the vessel that took them over to Johto, and proceeded to obtain their luggage. Within the baggage collector hall, the Coordinator and brother could already see around fifty pokemon that would most likely be used for several contest performances.

“So Max, these performances would be pretty cool, with all those types, moves, styles....wouldn't they good brother.” As May just blabbed on about all of these different aspects of the Contest world, Max just shuddered as to how long he would have to put up with the obvious and that, “May already gets the point about contests from when we where in Hoenn and Kanto, but it's like her so there's no point to argue.” May saw her brother in deep thought and annoyance due to her rambling, so she saved her brother's innocent sanity and the fact that the other passengers would continue to stare if she proceeded.

They didn't know it, but they were being watched.

What would seem to be a ordinary passenger to many, took the smaller one of greater interest, rather then the obvious coordinator. What many saw, was a female of adult life, silky black hair, blood red lips, a pink shirt that only covered most of her chest, navy blue jeans and a strange looking drill pokemon. The drill pokemon was of the gray and red coloring, with two different sized drills on it's head, red rocks over it's gray Onix shaped head. Gray arms with gray points sticking out, and a obese body with red rocks around the gray coloring.

What she saw.......was a prime target in the small child.

The pair obtained their luggage respectively and headed out of luggage collection hall like all the Coordinators before them. They entered the beach walkways of Olivine, which were very much traveled by those who desired to see the shining Lighthouse, or the highly active Johto Battle Tower. For May, it was just entering that Contest Hall place, which was the main thing on her mind.......till she sighted a noodle shop in the west direction.

“Hey Max, how about you get us your Johto Guidebooks, and I'll run straight towards the noodle shop?.” What a normal person would normally do, would wait for his response.....May just ran like a speeding bullet anyway.

“Well of course, it's the obvious anyway. Doy.” Max shuttered again in his mind for the 2nd time.”

Drew

Like May, Drew was another Coordinator for the most part. He had what some would call a tough guy attitude, and others a snobby attitude. Drew was just the guy, who was smart on several aspects of the Coordinator world, and could always help others out, he just didn't feel like doing that 13/7.

Instead of checking into the Contest Hall like just about every single other passenger on that vessel, Drew felt strangely out of it today, like having no will to practice appeals. All he felt like, was going to sleep in his hotel bed. Which he did, as he literally crashed onto it.

His number one partner, Roselia in it's green colored body with a yellow thorn marking on the top, with pale arms holding red and blue flowers with thorns within it, was somewhat concerned. Roselia usually saw Drew, enthusiastic about cities with Contests, ready to work together as a team, but that wasn't the case today.

“Rose..lia.” The Thorn pokemon turned towards it's trainer, “Hey you can go wander the hotel for a while, I'll just sleep here in the meantime, alright good bud.” Roselia accepted the offer, and proceeded out of the hotel room and into the hallways. While not knowing that she was being watched also.

In the tiny length and width of the air vent, was this squished round thing, taking Roselia into curiosity. While trying to escape the square prison it was stuck in.

“Puff....Jiggly...puff?”

Drew quickly succumbed to sleep, within the deep mattress and green blankets he was laying on. He felt a bad sense for leaving Roselia, but she deserved to do some things she wanted today. So he went deeply into his own dreams.

Bang, Bang, Bang.

A random child took the pain of the blow, instead of the one who deserved it. Blood all over his green clothing, and broken from the blow, he quickly succumbed towards the road of death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can comment and critisize now as much as you desire.

To make one thing clear, this story will have a darker tone then the majority of PG-PG13 CS fanfics, and will go in a totally different direction. Be ready for it.

Wow, you certainly got me captivated by your first chapter. Besides the lack of length, I thought it was very superb. It's hard to find writers with such good description as someone like you these days. I must admit I am a little confused, but that's probuly how I should be at the begainning of the story. For instance, at the end it wasn't really clear what happend with the 'bang,bang'bang' Was that supposed to be the sound of Jigglypuff from the vent? Or an act of violence? I know you ended it with a poor boy getting killed but where did this happen? I like the darker one you are aiming for, I just hope it is made more clear to what you are reffering to. Maybe it's just me, I don't know for sure, good grammer though. I really like the higher vocabulary you use as well. Hope you update soon, this sounds like it will be a winner, just please make the chapters longer. =]
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitty17 View Post
    Wow, you certainly got me captivated by your first chapter. Besides the lack of length, I thought it was very superb. It's hard to find writers with such good description as someone like you these days. I must admit I am a little confused, but that's probuly how I should be at the begainning of the story. For instance, at the end it wasn't really clear what happend with the 'bang,bang'bang' Was that supposed to be the sound of Jigglypuff from the vent? Or an act of violence? I know you ended it with a poor boy getting killed but where did this happen? I like the darker one you are aiming for, I just hope it is made more clear to what you are reffering to. Maybe it's just me, I don't know for sure, good grammer though. I really like the higher vocabulary you use as well. Hope you update soon, this sounds like it will be a winner, just please make the chapters longer. =]

I'm sorry about the entire lack of length issue, I will try my best to improve on that, but others have said that in the past and failed, so I will let you see the next chapter to decide.

Description has been a thing I am espicially working on ever since I started writing, and I'm glad it's paying off.

About the confused part, just because it's the prologue, doesn't mean my readers get confused, my fault, and as with the length issue, I wan't my readers to judge if I have improved.

The Bang Bang Bang, was a dream of Drew's.

Full points for reconizing the vocabulary I really thought out.

So I'll attempt to improve my very best, and I'll let you guys judge.

Chapter 1

Memories or Nightmares

The green hair colored Coordinator, called Drew woke up in a sweating fright to what was a nightmare. Now temporarily, images of the angst filled nightmare will be situated within his thoughts and dreams in the near future. The thoughts that were held within, could only be remembered by a bang of a gun, and the blood-stained clothes of a small child.

While not appreciating any of it, Drew was now fully awake. Now he was left to only head straight towards the bathroom sink and splash his face with ice-cold water. The frozen temperature of the water, set Drew back into a aware sense of the mind. He could now concentrate on his surroundings, and see the wealthy-style room he payed for.

As you would open the door, you would see the dining lounge appear first, and then the first of the two living corridor's. The fridge already stocked with all sorts of yummy pastries, fruits, cheese, meats, Focus Energy Drinks and too much else to name. He decided just to have a drink, since he has no current will to eat right now.

Drew slammed right onto his plush, queen sized bed. Drink in one hand, he viewed the room from his perspective, seeing a aqua blue Plasma Screen right in front of him, sky blue walls and blankets, and a spotless window overlooking the seaport of Olivine. He decided to sip some of the energy drink, while not being a large fan of them in general, he would prefer it over milk. While drinking some of the high-caffeine liquid, he felt a sense of dread looming over him.

“I just keep getting worse and worse....it's not that I'm sick, but I seem to have a feel of pure horror.” The coordinator told himself again and again.

Someone is crying, in the last sick-minded level of horror.

It's all this one child can think of, Drew could only think about it.

He never wanted to envision this time of disgust again.

“Why does this keep reappearing in my mind, I won against his sick twisted game, I've moved on!”

A little girl, in total shock. The presence of angst, one with no soul within his heart.

Destroying the literal life out of the small kiddie, was not a mere human, but a disgusting animal. Only bent on his own pleasures, and not the sanity of the human race, or the respect for his flesh and blood.

The female had no say or control in the matter. All that mattered to the animal, was power over his own flesh and blood.

He was forced to watch the hellish moment unravel, and it was one thing nobody should ever have to go through. But it happened when he least expected it.

Drew was getting tired of these painful memories coming back to him. Sleep wouldn't work since they would come back to haunt him, so he would just watch some decent television, mainly Contest battles. Drew was well aware, that there were few decent programs in the Television world, majority of it was devoted to Celebrity and pointless news programs, the Contest Programs suited a Coordinator like himself just fine. Although he preferred to go out, and devote time with his pokemon to improve their skills and enjoy life, he was still feeling out of it.

He took his attention next towards his favorite partner that he had grown to love over the time that him and her worked together, Roselia. She would be okay, she deserved her own fresh air and time to explore her new surroundings, only a wild pokemon would normally do. Besides there wouldn't be much activity to do while he was in this state.

“Enjoy it Roselia, we've got a full period of training tomorrow.” Drew remembered within his mind.

May/Max

It took approximately twenty minutes to drag May, out of the Noodle Shop and to proceed towards their hotel. The hotel itself, was a decent living quarter for Coordinator's especially, since the top known Coordinator's got a special discount at this place, The Land Shark Wonder Hotel. Being a decent contender in the Hoenn Grand Festival, that was only added on with being a worthy contender in the Kanto Grand Festival, made May and Max nearly perfect to be at this Hotel.

May could still view several different types and breeds of pokemon. From a wee Elekid, to the creepy Gengar, even going into pure beauty with a shining Ninetales. A majority of them seemed to be well trained into the different aspects of the Coordinator appeal's and battles.

Brother and sister together, entered the Land Shark Hotel, to be greeted by sparkling purple and brown walls and clear sparkling windows. The blue carpet was exclusive to this hotel, neatly cleared of all bits of dirt. So this place in general seemed like an excellent area to rest for the upcoming Contest Events.

So they obtained their room key, two copies for each of them and headed straight towards the fourth floor. The elevator went up at a decent speed, our two knowing that they would get to their destination much quicker. However, upon the Elevator doing the usual stop and open sequence, it revealed a very familiar Roselia.

“Rose, Rose.” The larger then usual Roselia went, upon seeing the two, and begin to enter deep thoughts. May and Max had a thoughtful feeling that this could be Drew's Roselia, and that he was in the building somewhere. May and Max were a bit curious, as the Thorn Pokemon seized thinking and began making bizarre movements with it's flowers on it's arms, up and down.

Max turned toward May, “Do you think that Roselia wants us to follow it possibly.” May agreed with him 100 percent, and nodded her head toward Roselia. The Living Thorn Pokemon, knowing that she would cheer Drew up somehow by bringing two very close friends, directed the two toward the east side of the hall and slowly headed east. May followed Max, and realized that Roselia..didn't have all that great speed they were hoping for, even with the extra mass.

Down the depth of the hallway, Roselia finally stopped at a unlocked door. May assumed that this was Drew's room, but just to make sure, she took a little peek inside, and saw the green-haired wonder, watching famous Contest Appeals and the whatnot. Roselia turned towards May, and pushed it's flowers in the direction of the door, Max assumed that he and May would shock Drew back on his feet.

“So, shall we proceed so shock Drew into the actual world?”

May's face showed a smiley face, and that showed Max that they had the same thoughts to bring Drew into reality. Cause Drew seemed lifeless and dull, based on his facial expression from the doorway....of course that was from the doorway. Yet the two humans and one pokemon moved in on target to a Drew that was so lifeless, that he didn't even turn around to see his uninvited guests.

The oldest of the lively, creeping ever so closer towards Drew's bed and staring right at him, from right above.

“May, Max, Roselia, I'm well aware that's you in here.” Drew told all as he was still looking like in a lifeless state.

May was dumbfounded, but found it predictable due to the nature of Drew. “All right, Roselia brought you here to cheer me up so I wouldn't be so boring, is that correct?”

All, except the still lifeless looking Drew, turned their attention towards Roselia, who silently nodded her small, green and white head. “Well I must apologize, just not feeling motivation to practice, get a Contest Pass, or anything. You can blame this sense of dread I seem to be feeling. But yeah, company's nice when your bored.”

May nor Max had ever seen Drew with a lack of motivation to work together with his pokemon to achieve their full potential, or to as far as Drew could go. May was just stunned that there was hardly any sarcastic like remarks coming from Drew, but she appreciated the company compliment. Drew wasn't appreciating anything right now, since the memories were coming crashing back!

A select few have gathered in the situation that should never have happened. Only praying for the main family for this heartbreaking loss.

The events leading up to this time of day, are too sick and morally-wrong to not forget. However, the sole survivor of these heinous acts, will never have the images and the knowledge leave his innocent mind. Those who have gathered, felt the most pity for that sole survivor.

They saw the blank expression on the sweet child's face, there was no point to show any emotion, even sadness and grief if you were the survivor, cause then he would truly win.

They would take care of him, till he would be old and mature enough to fare out in the pokemon world. He could bottle the rage and disgust as much as he possibly could, but the emotional scars would always remain within.

That person was Drew.

Max whispered into May's ear that this could very well be personal, and that it was none of their business to dig any farther for now. May agreed with her knowledgeable brother on this one. “We'll leave then Drew, if you need me, I'm right down the hall.” May said as a last-ditch effort to enter some sort of decent communication, but that wasn't happening right now.

BANG BANG BANG!

Those repeated bangs, struck more events from the past into Drew's mind. Those were gunshots, and somebody, was most likely caught in the bullet's path.

I really love your colorful vocabulary. It adds flavor to the story. =] Thought I would point that out. I'll still admit that it's a little confusing to make out what's going on with Drew, but you obviously mean it that way. I wonder what's happend to Drew in his past that is haunting him so much. It's obvioulsy something violent and personal. You pointed out that this is going to be a deep fic, and that's really evident, lol. The signifigance of May I hope rises in the next chapter she just kinda seem's to come in and out, but since this is a contestshipping story I am pretty sure that will happen. Keep up the good work, only thing I would add is try to make the chapters a little longer, they're decent but it would keep the flow going better. By the way, I forgot to ask if you will be doing a PM list. If so, please add me, that would be great. =]

well RAISE a finger

Vocabulary is now colorful, why thank you.

Oh yes, this fic is evidently deep. Now about the events in Drew's Past, it's a little tough to say how they'll play out through the story. I will say, that his past has nothing to do with the evil here, but it will become a major factor once a cruical event takes place in the next few chapters.

About May, you see the reason why Drew is being so focused on right now, is that he's gonna take a back seat for a period of time, once this cruical event takes place, and not only May but the whole Maple family get involved in a very major way.

I will try even harder now to improve on length. But as I've said before, the readers decide if I've improved in this department.

As for the PM list.....I'm undecided as to if I'll make one. I'll keep you informed.

Awwww I wanna know more about Drew's problems
    It was very good, and well written. If you make a PM list add me, or at least let me know when you update
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Lara- You'll learn the full details when somebody needs hope and support the most. And appreciate the other parts of your post. Hope you can keep on reading.

Allright, before we begin, I apologize that I have been lazy with this chapter. But due to request by post, I have made a PM LIST. So just ask, and I'll put you on there.

Now read the chapter, and make me happy by doing so.

End The Source

Chapter 2: Hell's Gift

Some language is said within this chapter

Tourists and citizens alike, could hear the shots, rapid in succession as they fired toward their intended target. A normal person, upon hearing shots, would move their *** already, away from the inevitable crime scene. And that's exactly what they did.

Scrambling like monkeys, the men and women, in human nature took the free moment to shelter themselves in case their shooter, returned to the scene. Those that got a glimpse of the actual attack, for a brief moment saw the unidentifiable shooter, slam several bullets into the preferred target, therefore crashing him onto the cement. Hollers of bloody pain could be heard from the struck victim, bullets impacting his internal organs, causing a bloody mess along the sidewalk.

Those that didn't scramble away, took a real quick note at the bloody male in front of their own eyes. Olivine didn't have the most decent medical population, but at least it's residents knew some logic in when somebody has been seriously damaged, YOU HELP if possible. So the remaining rushed toward the damaged victim, still hollering in pain.

His chest coated in blood, from the multitude of bullet holes, smashed straight into his chest, like a full-force freight train. Wounds in his internal organs, those that keep the body functioning, shutting off due to the internal damage which was a nightmare to control. The perfect, functioning system, wrecked without a way to repair itself from this degree of injury.

CALL THE ****ING PARAMEDICS

WHERE THE **** IS THE DOCTOR

Why must obvious vacations end in such a tragic fashion.

OH MY ****ING GOD

Just glad it wasn't me over there.

Some bizarre freak.

However you put it, in a crisis such as this, different emotions and words blurb out at the wrong time. Some residents and tourists alike, who remained there out of curiosity had either dialed for immediate help, or continued on their merry way. Others without any knowledge of medical care, just silently prayed for any chance of this stranger's survival.

Finally when all hope was lost, the familiar sounds of Police and Ambulance sirens, lighted the minds of those around the scene.....excluding the still in pain victim.
    Although it was not a decent part on a First Responder to crash into other cars, while racing toward the scene, the fact that cars were stuck on the road, due to their occupants being curious, did not help the problem.

Even though the paramedics were equipped and ready to respond, the sad truth was, that the victim was soaked in blood, and had basically shut down....dead. Still they were somewhat prepared to respond to this savage act.

Unknowing that they would become victim's themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Drew was not in the best setting of moods right now, too many memories, based on events that nobody should experience, let alone a child. He felt bad, for not starting a proper conversation with May, one of his best friends, due to these flashbacks. And now the familiar sound of a bullet being shot out of the barrel of a gun, Drew could not know what to think.

Max, having never heard a gunshot, took the natural response quite well for a child...leaping onto the bed, and crashing into May, who proceeded on doing a domino effect, crashing into Drew's back with her head. Obviously scared, May used Drew for her support pillar.

“Pretty scared, aren't you. Don't worry, I can see why, and I respect that.” Drew did not know how to really react to situations like this, having almost gone through them before.....he cringed at those thoughts, not wanting him to become distracted from the current issue at hand.

May, recovering from the head crashing action into Drew's spine, was terrified, as most like her would be in this scenario. She noticed Drew spacing out again, Max hunched up behind her, under the blankets.....she didn't really know what action she would take. She felt a hand, sneak up on her, immediately knowing it was Drew.

“Hey.....what might have happened?” May slowly asked him. She knew that he had experienced some sort of reaction to the sound of the gunshot, something was really troubling him, and she didn't want to get into anything personal.

“Look. Somebody is either in hellish pain at this moment, or somebody's life has been severed from our society. Neither of those options would be prefered by people like us,.....just tragic.”

Drew slowly rose from the bed, wondering why the hotel security hadn't warned them of the possible threat to the occupants here. He turned to the glass window, saw nothing that would explain the inference that he assumed has happened. Then again, they weren't facing a decent angle here.

CRASH, CRASH, CRASH!

The repeated bangs of something pushing against the air vent, ceased as the bars were shot into the hallway, and the executioner would follow suit.

“EEEEKKKK”

“DOUBLE EEEEKK”

Having just heard a gunshot, a crash was not prefered to follow suit....espicially when this sound was so close. So the Maple children both crashed into their support pillar, also known as Drew. Which left the three sprawled out on the floor.

“Puff”

Both May and Max cringed at that sound, it came from a pokemon that they wouldn't choose to meet.

“Jiggly”

Now standing, the three, in a curious position, proceeded to open the door, and set their eyes on the apparent Jiggly. It was a sphere like pokemon, pink, green shaded eyes, tiny stubby arms, with a tuft of pink hair.

“Jigglypuff. Jig gly ly puff, Jig gly ly puff, Jig gly ly puff” What would many call a soothing melody from the round balloon pokemon, was just calm and sweet, as Max crashed to the ground, asleep. May following suit, and Drew's head landing on May's butt. Due to the effect of a sing attack, all three will be in for a deep sleep.

PUFF

Jigglypuff was never impressed with the sleep reaction to her song, and noticing the open door, as well the intriguing BANG, the pink ball of fluff, shattered the glass by a simple kick, and floated outside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Paramedics where immediately accompanied, by law enforcement, who took charge of seeking out the shooter and the murderer.

That same Law Enforcement, quickly heard yet another shot coming from the east end, only rapid in succession, as they leaped into each other to avoid becoming victims.

To probably avoid recovering any useful evidence at the scene, the shooter stayed in that position the entire time, knowing authorities would arrive, and get some early shots. So the shots continued in rapid succession, aiming at cars, Street Signs and any bystanders, who crossed the shooter's path.

To add to the frustration, an unknown blue car came into the intersection, at the high rate of speed, heading straight for the victim's body. Shots were fired at the rear windows, causing control to loosen, and the car to slam into more innocent bystanders. Those same shooters, were caught off guard by the killer, who saw this as a free opportunity to gain another advantage, by shooting them dead.

Basically, shots were being fired from each end of the street, both citizens and tourists getting caught in the crossfire, not expecting this on their vacation. Pools of blood were forming from each end, lives broken and shattered from the bullet impacts. The officers, going down like sheets in a hailstorm, clearly losing the fight against one lone sniper.

As minutes passed by, either the effected had fled the bloodfield, or was caught in the savage crossfire. The original target in this homicide, layed on the granite sidewalk, bloody and destroyed. He had a bizarre purple hair design, with clothes that strangely matched a Cacturne, even going as far to put the forest green spikes on his arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Still vastly asleep in her own world, May has drifted off into what one would call a nightmare.

Black chemical, being drowned on the test subjects

Screeching in pain, the victims had no utter hope in their situation.

Purple liquid draining onto a strange board

Forming around the lines of the board, taking a bizarre shape

The shape glowing, text forms on the same board

The text, in a unidentifiable language, occupying the space on the board.

A small child watches, with no emotion from what he's witnessed, he knows his time has come

The time of death, rebirth and.........

Wow, this is getting even deeper hmm, I'll admit to a couple things that it is kinda confusing to follow the actions of the story and that Drew seems a little..OOC. Other than that I like your vivid vocabulary I am so used to the typical 8 year old attempt at a fic that basically failed. Th ending was very..vivid, is it supposed to be foreshadowing for events in the future? Interesting. Anyways, thanks for the PM again work on the length, I'll be back when you post the next chapter

well RAISE a finger

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitty17 View Post
    Wow, this is getting even deeper hmm, I'll admit to a couple things that it is kinda confusing to follow the actions of the story and that Drew seems a little..OOC. Other than that I like your vivid vocabulary I am so used to the typical 8 year old attempt at a fic that basically failed. Th ending was very..vivid, is it supposed to be foreshadowing for events in the future? Interesting. Anyways, thanks for the PM again work on the length, I'll be back when you post the next chapter
    About Drew.....something has happened to him in his past, that he is remembering right now, and that is causing him to act this way. I can understand why people think he is acting OOC, but your gonna realize in time.

I apologize with the actions of this story, I have nothing I can say about that.

I enjoy using a more advanced choice in wording, and I'm glad, from what I've learned, is making an impact into the interest in my readers. I write this for my readers, and I couldn't think of anything else to add to this chapter, I'll look over what I've got planned for the next one.

I'm not spoiling anything about the ending.

Thanks again.