Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2394

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    If Skarmory knew Steel Wing and bred with Spearow, Spearow would know Steel Wing because it can learn the TM.

I don't see the problem you're having.
    I must be so stupid for forgetting about the TM rule.

Seeing as how all sites I visit don't have information about Steel Wing on it.
    :/
    "I would rather have them be jealous at me than them feeling sorry for me."

Hey, I'm new to the breeding thing and I have a question to ask. I'm sure it has been asked many times before etc, etc, but I'm not scrolling through all of the pages to find it, so please bear with me
    I'm trying to breed a pichu with a Special Attack iv of 31, using a male Teddiursa with SpAtk 31, holding a Power Lens, and a femamle random Pikachu.
    My question is, will the Power lens always pass down the Special Attack iv of 31, or is a 50% chance, or something similar? Thanks for your time
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the breeding thing and I have a question to ask. I'm sure it has been asked many times before etc, etc, but I'm not scrolling through all of the pages to find it, so please bear with me
    I'm trying to breed a pichu with a Special Attack iv of 31, using a male Teddiursa with SpAtk 31, holding a Power Lens, and a femamle random Pikachu.
    My question is, will the Power lens always pass down the Special Attack iv of 31, or is a 50% chance, or something similar? Thanks for your time
    The Sp. Attack will be passed 100% of the time (in HG/SS ofc.) as long as the pikachu is not holding another power item.
    Click the banner to visit my trade shop!
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!
    | Pokemon X fc: 2723 9807 1974 | IGN MokKish |

| CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A TRUSTWORTHY CLONER! PM ME! |

Okay, thats good then thanks
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by MokKish View Post
    The Sp. Attack will be passed 100% of the time (in HG/SS ofc.) as long as the pikachu is not holding another power item.
    Wow I had no idea it worked like that, and I have all the Power Items too so that is a great help for when I am trying to breed a Pokemon with good IV's. I am glad I decided to take a look at this thread, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MokKish View Post

Man I saw your trading thread, its huge. U must be really good at breeding. Have any tips on doing things (IV breeding) faster or any guide you recommend?
    Also Question: What happens when both parent hold a power item?
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.
    (Better banner coming soon.)
    Current - Chapter 1: The Client.

Coming up - Re-writing Chapter 2

Spoiler:- 4th Gen Eggmove (Any Nature/Gender):

Quote Originally Posted by Drippy Miltank View Post
    Man I saw your trading thread, its huge. U must be really good at breeding. Have any tips on doing things (IV breeding) faster or any guide you recommend?
    Also Question: What happens when both parent hold a power item?
    I've learned all I know by reading info from Serebii and this thread for example. I can't tell you how you should breed, it depends on what you're after and how good parents you have for the poke and so on..
    To answer your question, as far as I know only one of the stats will be passed to the baby 100% of the time, so if you have, say, one parent with max attack IV holding power bracer and one parent with max speed IV holding power Anklet, around 50% of the babies will have max attack and 50% will have max speed. It is still possible to have the other stat passed too, but then normal IV inheritance rules apply.
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!

Default Concering Masuda Method

I went through all 111 pages of this thread, trying to glean any bit of info I could about shiny hatching. I'm just asking to make sure I understand correctly, and also to ask a few questions I have that I'm still unsure of.

Firstly, for shiny hatching, it's just mass hatching, correct? Just keep chugging along, hatching as many eggs as it takes to get that ONE shiny, right?

Stopping the process to change out your 'team' (i.e. the Flame Body etc Poke plus the 1 - 5 eggs you may have on you at the time) for your dream team to check the lottery, make money in the restaurant, catch some other pokes, battle the E4, etc., will have no effect/affect (whichever) on the process?

Also, the Masuda Method works with ALL breedable Pokemon, right? For example, if I wanted a Shiny Phione, I could still breed for one with 1/2049 chance, right? Just so long as it is a breedable Pokemon, it still applies, correct?

Yes, yes, I am trying as I type... found a Japanese Ditto on the GTS (Japanese name, Japanese OT) breeding with one of the Phiones I bred from Hayley's Phione (don't want the moves on Hayley's to get erased).

Any help with this is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bishoujo688 View Post
    I went through all 111 pages of this thread, trying to glean any bit of info I could about shiny hatching. I'm just asking to make sure I understand correctly, and also to ask a few questions I have that I'm still unsure of.

Firstly, for shiny hatching, it's just mass hatching, correct? Just keep chugging along, hatching as many eggs as it takes to get that ONE shiny, right?

Stopping the process to change out your 'team' (i.e. the Flame Body etc Poke plus the 1 - 5 eggs you may have on you at the time) for your dream team to check the lottery, make money in the restaurant, catch some other pokes, battle the E4, etc., will have no effect/affect (whichever) on the process?

Also, the Masuda Method works with ALL breedable Pokemon, right? For example, if I wanted a Shiny Phione, I could still breed for one with 1/2049 chance, right? Just so long as it is a breedable Pokemon, it still applies, correct?

Yes, yes, I am trying as I type... found a Japanese Ditto on the GTS (Japanese name, Japanese OT) breeding with one of the Phiones I bred from Hayley's Phione (don't want the moves on Hayley's to get erased).

Any help with this is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
    Yea, although something you may want to give a shot is saving right before the egg is produced (254 steps). Do that, and save a step in front of the day care man. Every time a egg is produced, it will be different, so you can just basically take a step, hatch the egg, and sr for a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Yea, although something you may want to give a shot is saving right before the egg is produced (254 steps). Do that, and save a step in front of the day care man. Every time a egg is produced, it will be different, so you can just basically take a step, hatch the egg, and sr for a shiny.
    See, that was also something I was interested in. I'll have to sync myself to the old man, probably, because I saved right at 254, talked to him and he already had an egg, so my number might be lower than that. Just got to figure it out is all. Thanks for the tip! This will probably help me out SO much

EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb. You said that already, duh. I'm so blonde sometimes LOL
    Last edited by bishoujo688; 29th October 2010 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Had a blonde moment... ugh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bishoujo688 View Post
    See, that was also something I was interested in. I'll have to sync myself to the old man, probably, because I saved right at 254, talked to him and he already had an egg, so my number might be lower than that. Just got to figure it out is all. Thanks for the tip! This will probably help me out SO much

EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb. You said that already, duh. I'm so blonde sometimes LOL
    good luck

Let's say I breed a Pokemon from Japan and one from Canada on an American game. Would the Masuda method stack on itself?

EDIT: Never Mind, I got my answer on smogon.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 5th November 2010 at 4:55 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

What was the answer, Zachmac? I'd like to know.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

thatd be a no. masuda method wouldnt stack as the two pokemon's origins are compared to themselves nd not to the game they are bred on.
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    What was the answer, Zachmac? I'd like to know.
    It was no, the game itself had nothing to do with it. *Sigh*. Looks like I'll have to give up on that shiny absol.....

Okay, I'm too addicted. I'm putting that Absol back in the daycare until I get one.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Question for other breeders:

Am I the only one who finds great satisfaction in manually chain-breeding eggmoves and good IVs on pokes. None of that RNG abuse or cheat devices used at all. Just so I can tell myself and others with pride, "It was me, I made this pokémon awsome."
    Or am alone in liking this part of the game.

(I already know MooKish likes it too.)
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.

not at all, i dont use RNG abuse either, i prefer jus trying to get the best i can by myself unless its extremely impossible like a high power hidden power of a certain type, in which case ill ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Goodness that's a lot of hard work you put into this.
    That must be a lot of work!

Am I the only one who finds great satisfaction in manually chain-breeding eggmoves and good IVs on pokes. None of that RNG abuse or cheat devices used at all. Just so I can tell myself and others with pride, "It was me, I made this pokémon awsome."

does using ar codes for fast egg hatch and iv checker count towards your question? If so, then yes, this is something i enjoy doing as well

haha yeah, I like IV-breeding my pokes myself and am proud of every single one of them. In competitive battling I've never used a pokemon that hasn't been bred or caught by me, and I also respect other trainers who work hard for their own pokemon more than those who just trade pokemon from others and then use them as their own.

hi i need lots of help

first i wanna bred a rilou with perfect attack,speed ivs (31)

^ how ?? do i need 1 rilou with max attack and 1 with max speed

second i wanna aron with HeadSmash/Earthquake/IronTail/Brick break

how do i do that (ps i have a smergal btw )

please help guys ( also i want aron with max attack and max defence)
    Heartgold FC : 0947 8828 1292

looking for a MEDICHAM with HIGH JUMP KICK
        Spoiler:- Pokemon i have:

^^made by Kodama木魂

PS CANNOT TRADE POKEMON AT THE MOMENT

for the Riolu, passing down iv's can only be guaranteed on heart gold and soul silver through the use of the power items, as far as i recall only one stat can be passed down at one time. it would be helpful to have a parent with max speed nd one with max attack in this case as one can be passed down with the power item nd the other naturally although that is a random process.

the same goes for the aron in terms of stats, as for its moveset, breed it with a male ramparados who knows all four moves, although head smash is the only one it learns naturally

Quote Originally Posted by donphan123 View Post
    hi i need lots of help

first i wanna bred a rilou with perfect attack,speed ivs (31)

^ how ?? do i need 1 rilou with max attack and 1 with max speed

second i wanna aron with HeadSmash/Earthquake/IronTail/Brick break

how do i do that (ps i have a smergal btw )

please help guys ( also i want aron with max attack and max defence)
    Rilou is considered a baby pokémon, make sure you evolve it before trying.
    Embrace

gyrados male with bagon female

Default Eggmove trade etiquette

I would like to propose an agreement among breeders:
    That all users who receive an eggmove pokémon in a trade with the intent to mass reproduce should credit the original breeder. Unless of course, said original breeder tells you otherwise or you "add" or otherwise change the offspring. For example:
    1. Jose receives a pikachu w/volt tackle from Luke.
    2. Jose mass reproduces that pikachu and offers it to others. He credits Luke for his hard work.
    3. Jose later breeds a good nature into Luke's pikachu line. He no longer has to credit Luke.

This will be advantageous for a couple of reasons;
    1. It will be a courtesy to the original breeder's hard work.
    2. It will encourage breeders to offer a more "complete" brood, and this will raise their names as a veteran breeder for a longer time.
    3. It will stimulate interest in eggmove breeding.

(Speaking of which, we should try to reanimate the breeding guild or make a version 2.)
    Anyways, let me know what you think.
    Embrace

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast