Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Quote Originally Posted by jabbashut* View Post
    i would like to know too, if there is a way without having to emigrate a dragonite from emerald.

Some long chain or anything?!
    I'm afraid that migrating Dragonite from Emerald is the only way to get Dragon Dance and Ice Punch onto Totodile:

[3rd gen: Horsea/Gyarados/Altaria (Dragon Dance) -> Dragonite (Ice Punch by Emerald Move Tutor)] [4th Gen: -> Totodile]

Dratinitamer, there's a list of how to breed a single egg move onto each Pokémon on the first page. The shortest way if you only have access to Diamond would be:

Horsea/Dratini (Dragon Dance) -> Lapras -> Larvitar
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

thank you anyway, that is a bit of a bugger
    FC: Soloman// 1976-6902-9357

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Awesome! thanks for the info, I am trying to hatch my male lapras now but i keep getting females, is that level related or am i just having bad luck? if its level related my seadra is 41 and my lapras is 54, so should i level my seadra some more?

Quote Originally Posted by dratinitamer View Post
    Awesome! thanks for the info, I am trying to hatch my male lapras now but i keep getting females, is that level related or am i just having bad luck? if its level related my seadra is 41 and my lapras is 54, so should i level my seadra some more?
    Bad luck =D

It has nothing to do with the levels ^^

You seriously...have terrible bad luck -_-;

50% Male, 50% Female

im still trying to get my head around this is it that if you want your abra (baby) to know fire punch you need to breed a male magmar and female kadabra, is it that it wont always know fire punch?

My Team --^

im still trying to get my head around this is it that if you want your abra (baby) to know fire punch you need to breed a male magmar and female kadabra, is it that it wont always know fire punch?

My Team --^

Quote Originally Posted by RYKUU View Post
    Male Magmar (w/ Fire Punch) + Female Kadabra = 100% abra w/ Fire Punch.
    Dedicated to my beloved friend, Tyranny the Tyranitar

With its indestructable body, it is bound to rule all.....

Has for now, have a nice day!
        Spoiler:- info about me:

Quote Originally Posted by RYKUU View Post
    another way is male Medicham+heart scale=fire punch, so male Medicham w/ fp+female kadabra=fp abra

Keeping it simple till something comes in here.

I only read the first post and the last page.

How can Infernape learn Nasty Plot? I mean, only Chimchar does, and I don't want to raise it till lv 23 so it's status willl be worst...

BTW, if I do raise him till 23 and evolve it at this lv, will it regain the "lost" status?

Quote Originally Posted by Qu3tz View Post
    How can Infernape learn Nasty Plot? I mean, only Chimchar does, and I don't want to raise it till lv 23 so it's status willl be worst...

BTW, if I do raise him till 23 and evolve it at this lv, will it regain the "lost" status?
    Having Chimchar learn it is the only way.
    And so you know... it makes no difference whatsoever if you raise a chimchar to level 98 then evolve it each 2 levels or if you evolved the same one at the first chance possible.

As long as they have the same IVs and are trained with the same EVs there will be no difference.

so if i breed my male nidoking that knows earthquake
    and i breed it with a nidoqueen, will the nidoran female know earthquake?
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeWisdomGiver View Post
    Get rid of Rapid Spin, Starmie's attack is terrible. Teach it Icebeam instead.
    A thread dedicated to my unbanning =D

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1113 View Post
    so if i breed my male nidoking that knows earthquake
    and i breed it with a nidoqueen, will the nidoran female know earthquake?
    No because nidoqueens and nidorinas cannot breed whatsoever.
    Nidoran(f) is the only one of the females that can breed and since it cannot learn earthquake by TM, you cannot breed a baby nidoran(f) with earthquake.

ok, what pokemon do i have to learn earhtquake to let it breed it on to as many pokemon possible

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1113 View Post
    ok, what pokemon do i have to learn earhtquake to let it breed it on to as many pokemon possible
    That really depends on what you want to learn earthquake.
    Anything in the ground egg group would be decent (which the nidos are a part of) since most ground egg group pokemon will all learn it. Smeargle may be the better choise for that though since you can just sketch EQ and it being in the ground egg group allows it to spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpectrum View Post
    That really depends on what you want to learn earthquake.
    Anything in the ground egg group would be decent (which the nidos are a part of) since most ground egg group pokemon will all learn it. Smeargle may be the better choise for that though since you can just sketch EQ and it being in the ground egg group allows it to spread it.

thanks very much,

so it comes in handy to have `1 male pokemon with eq from every breeding group.

need to get r/s/e/fr/lg/p to get that much eq. well if pearl i need another ds too, or is it possible to trade from pearl to pbr, and then to diamond?

again thanks for the help, il be investigating more:

P.S whats best way to get eq on a smeargle?
    i thought catching a hippodown and breeding it (so it knows earthquake) and then equip it with light ball, so it can escape, and then use it on smeargle.

P.P.S what moves are also good to get on a smeargle?
    rockslide?icebeam?

Not all the egg groups need it... You can give it to a few pokemon that are in multiple groups to cut down the amount. To get more Earthquake TMs you can also use a lvl 91-100 pokemon that has the pickup ability.

Best way to get earthquake on a smeargle (and the only way) is to have it sketch a teammate in a 2vs2 battle. And smoke ball is the item that lets it escape (not lightball).

Any move you put on smeargle will usually only be a one time thing for one pokemon unless you breed a lot of pokemon with the same moves. It just depends on what you particularly want to breed and thus only you can decide what moves to teach smeargle.

to get fire punch on a dragonite, i have to use the move relearner when he's a dragonite to get it correct? or is there a way to breed it into one, doesnt seem like thats possible though since its not in its egg moves right?

Quote Originally Posted by dratinitamer View Post
    to get fire punch on a dragonite, i have to use the move relearner when he's a dragonite to get it correct? or is there a way to breed it into one, doesnt seem like thats possible though since its not in its egg moves right?
    any move listed in the dex with a - beside is means it is a move that you will have to goto the move tutor to relearn. None of its lower forms can learn the punches (since they have no hands to punch with) so it cannot be bred onto it.

Gastly can learn the elemental punches in Diamond/Pearl by breeding, and it has no hands. That's the one exception I know of, and it was probably more of a mistake too late to correct in later generations.

With the Surfing Pika from PBR, can it breed with a fairy group pokemon to get a pichu with surf and/or volt tackle?

EDIT

Offtopic, but can you nickname the prize Surfing Pikachu? No, ya?
    Last edited by pit-fall; 27th September 2007 at 9:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    With the Surfing Pika from PBR, can it breed with a fairy group pokemon to get a pichu with surf and/or volt tackle?

EDIT

Offtopic, but can you nickname the prize Surfing Pikachu? No, ya?
    First off the Surfing Pika is ALWAYS female and Females do not pass down TM/HM moves.
    Secondly Pika/pichu Cannot learn surf as an egg move... This is because it does not belong to any of the egg move possibilities. If you were thinking that Surf is an HM move and you can breed TM/HM moves on babies.... well tht is true ONLY if the baby can already learn that TM.
    Pichu cannot learn HM surf just like mudkip cannot learn TM stealth rock and thus you will Never be able to breed Surf onto a Pichu.

I hope I used enough nevers in that because this question gets asked alot.... Maybe Totalpotato can make some kind of special section devoted to why you cannot breed surfin pichus/pikas.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpectrum View Post
    First off the Surfing Pika is ALWAYS female and Females do not pass down TM/HM moves.
    Secondly Pika/pichu Cannot learn surf as an egg move... This is because it does not belong to any of the egg move possibilities. If you were thinking that Surf is an HM move and you can breed TM/HM moves on babies.... well tht is true ONLY if the baby can already learn that TM.
    Pichu cannot learn HM surf just like mudkip cannot learn TM stealth rock and thus you will Never be able to breed Surf onto a Pichu.

I hope I used enough nevers in that because this question gets asked alot.... Maybe Totalpotato can make some kind of special section devoted to why you cannot breed surfin pichus/pikas.
    Thanks! Btw, you can't nickname it, ya?

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    Thanks! Btw, you can't nickname it, ya?
    No... it's original trner is pktopia or something like that and thus will register it as traded (and unnicknameable).

Um... Yay?

I very recently got a cleffa with double team and thunder wave!
    I bred a Female Clefairy with a male pikachu.

Cool, No?
    YOUR SPINE IS MINE.

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast