Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

what about the second natures is there a way to breed those too?
    ex(Proud of its power,very vinicky)

These characteristics are based on Pokémon's highest IV. IVs are iherited while breeding so they will always get a change to get those from parents to the egg.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

These characteristics are based on Pokémon's highest IV. IVs are iherited while breeding so they will always get a change to get those from parents to the egg.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Hey, I'm having a little trouble. is it at all possible to breed baton pass and reversal onto a scyther? thanks.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Hey, I'm having a little trouble. is it at all possible to breed baton pass and reversal onto a scyther? thanks.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    No it is.

Sorry..

Hoped I helped.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Thumbs up

Ty for all the hard work you put into this.

Okay, I know that if you have a Pokemon that learns a move at a high level, you can breed them so that the baby automatically has it. But does that work for move that the final evolution can learn but the first gen /can't/?

Here's what I'm trying to do. I want a Bellossom that knows Magical Leaf, which it learns at lvl23. But the one that I'm actually EV training I don't want to evolve that early. So if I get a male Oddish, level it up until it evolves into Gloom, then evolve it into Bellossom and have the male Bellossom learn Magical Leaf, can I then breed it into an Oddish that knows Magical Leaf? Or am I totally off the mark about how egg moves work? =/
    ~*~Seeking those elusive Flying Pikachu~*~

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelUnmei View Post
    Okay, I know that if you have a Pokemon that learns a move at a high level, you can breed them so that the baby automatically has it. But does that work for move that the final evolution can learn but the first gen /can't/?

Here's what I'm trying to do. I want a Bellossom that knows Magical Leaf, which it learns at lvl23. But the one that I'm actually EV training I don't want to evolve that early. So if I get a male Oddish, level it up until it evolves into Gloom, then evolve it into Bellossom and have the male Bellossom learn Magical Leaf, can I then breed it into an Oddish that knows Magical Leaf? Or am I totally off the mark about how egg moves work? =/
    No. Learned moves can only be inherited if the hatched form can learn that move upon levelling up.
    So you can't pass Magical Leaf onto an Oddish, because it doesn't learn it levelling up. You can, however, use the move relearner to get Bellossom to remember the move after you've evolved Gloom above Lv. 23.

Just as a reminder, there are three types of moves a Pokémon can inherit.

Egg-exclusive moves: Moves which a Pokémon would not normally learn upon leveling up. Only the male Pokémon is required to know these moves, in order to pass them on to the female's offspring species.

Learned moves: Moves that the Pokémon would learn during levelling up. Offspring can only hatch with these moves if it has it in it's learnset. If a higher form learns a move that the hatched form does not learn, then it can't be passed on unless it also happens to be an egg-exclusive move.
    You can pass these moves on if both parents know the move when breeding.

TM/HM moves: If the hatched Pokémon is capable of learning a TM/HM move, then that move can be passed on by the male parent.

Remember to use the Pokédex for help in determining what can or can't be passed on to the offspring. The moves listed under TMs/HMs and Egg moves in the hatchling's 'dex page can be inherited from the male parent.

Serebii.net/DP Pokédex
    Last edited by halcyonXlll; 13th June 2008 at 7:27 AM.
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

Hi everybody!

I wanted to say hi, and share a breeding secret.

Snubbull:
    Fire Fang,
    Flamethrower,
    Crunch,
    Charm

I got the Snubbull by putting a Female Granbull and a Male Arcanine together, and the Arcanine had all the moves for the Snubbull, well except charm. Anyway, just sharing some tips.

I'm finding it's impossible to get Endevour AND Leech Seed on a Scpetile. So should I give up because there's no way, or am I wrong?

Also, how do you breed Counter and Mirror Coat onto Swampert?
    Last edited by KageNaruto; 16th June 2008 at 6:41 AM.
    D/P FC: 3222 2066 6112/Name: Kira

the banner was over 46800 pixels so it was removed by the signature reaper. please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KageNaruto View Post
    I'm finding it's impossible to get Endevour AND Leech Seed on a Scpetile. So should I give up because there's no way, or am I wrong?

Also, how do you breed Counter and Mirror Coat onto Swampert?
    The first one looks impossible to me.

The second one can be done using this chain:
    Wobbuffet (Counter and Mirror Coat by level-up) -> Shellos -> Mudkip
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Hi, I'm breeding Gastlys.
    I have this at the daycare:
    Timid Ditto(Has Everstone)
    Hasty Gengar(male)

So I should get quite a lot of Timid Gastlys.
    Well, I've bred 30 Gastlys and received only one Timid.
    Most of the others were Lax.
    Platinum FC: 3567 0055 7338

I'll always want to battle.

My (preferred) rules - YouTube (suscribe if you want lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukenetty View Post
    Hasty Gengar(male)

You must be really unlucky then becauser there is a 50% chance you will get a timid Gastly...But there is also the 50% chance you won't...

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Hasty Gengar(male)

Is one of them from, say, Japan? I've heard that the Everstone trick can fail when two Pokémon from games of different regions are bred.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Yes, it does fail when Pokémon don't talk the same language.

Anyways, Japanese+Japanese in an English game does work.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Is one of them from, say, Japan? I've heard that the Everstone trick can fail when two Pokémon from games of different regions are bred.
    They are both english o.o

Now who ssupposed to hold the everstone, ditto right?

They are both english o.o
    Guess you're just unlucky, then. Just double-check that Ditto is holding the Everstone. If you want to check the nature of the Pokémon inside your Egg before it hatches, look at 3 under "Techniques for better breeding" on the first page.

Using random post lol.

Rules For Battling Me!

I always want to battle, or almost always. When you see me on, contact me.

Now, Rules:
    In General
    1. Standard battle with standard clauses
    2. Lv 100, don't actually battle on 50, so yeah...
    3. NO 4th GEN FORMS IN OU. GOD DIDN'T MAKE ROTOM-A FOR WI-FI, SO DON'T USE IT. In Ubers, I don't care about Shaymin-S/Giratina-O
    4. Breloom is gay. It's broken. I'd like it if you didn't use it, I won't either. I won't DC if you do take it though. It just spoils my fun.
    5. I record, always. Tell me if you don't want me to.

OU Specific:
    1. I'll say it again. No Rotom-A. I'm putting it up twice 'cause my teams really aren't build to it.
    1. Do not bring stall only, it takes too long and it's boring. If it's really bring, I might even DC, but that's only when it takes too long and you didn't read this so you fail anyway so, get out or something.

Btw, @dude with the crazy name, Yarieos or something, your Wi-Fi failed, not mine. I didn't DC then.

Uber Specific:
    1. I like playing without Entry Hazards, please tell me if we play with or without them.
    Last edited by Lukenetty; 1st February 2010 at 12:16 AM.

I find this strange. Ditto does have the Everstone.
    Like a lot of the people have said you must be extremly unlucky.

Are you sure the Ditto is Timid? If it is then your just unlucky.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

I want to get a new heracross with earthquake but I wasted my TM early in the game not realising what I was doing! what's an easy way to get Earthquake to my heracross? I have a Torterra with earthquake can I use this to breed across?

Use this chain:

Trapinch (Earthquake at Level 73) -> Heracross

waittt, does that mean I can breed a male infernape and ditto and get a chimchar?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    [3b] Ditto

Ditto can breed with any Pokémon (except those in the Unbreedable Egg Group and other Ditto), and produces an offspring of the same species as the Pokémon Ditto bred with.
    The post was definately unecessary >_>
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast