Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Is it possible to get a budew with extrasensory and Leafstorm? I think you might be able to breed a shiftry and roserade, but Im not sure...

OT: Ren FC: 3265-1845-6818
    http://licorize.deviantart.com
        Spoiler:- Legends for trade::

Yep, that's all you do. Just breed a male Shiftry that knows Extrasensory and Leaf Storm with a female Roselia/Roserade. Make sure the Roselia/Roserade is holding a Rose Incense.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

can a gible learn iron head and outrage at same time or is that an illegal move combination?
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    can a gible learn iron head and outrage at same time or is that an illegal move combination?
    As far as I know, it's illegal.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

i guess i'll teach my gible dragon claw instead of outrage
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

Just wondering, if I was to teach Energy Ball to Stantler via TM, whilst it also knew Hypnosis, could I breed it with a Ninetales to get both Hypnosis and Energy Ball onto a Vulpix? I've read in this thread that they need to be able to learn the TM, but Vulpix has it as an egg move without knowing the TM.

Thanks in advance. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Just wondering, if I was to teach Energy Ball to Stantler via TM, whilst it also knew Hypnosis, could I breed it with a Ninetales to get both Hypnosis and Energy Ball onto a Vulpix? I've read in this thread that they need to be able to learn the TM, but Vulpix has it as an egg move without knowing the TM.

Thanks in advance. :O
    Since it is an egg move for vulpix it doesn't matter whether or not it can learn it as a TM. This is one of those rare occasions that it has to be bred as an egg move... similar to psyduck with psychic.

Wow! Thank You for the list! This is very helpful, but I have a question considering IVs.
    ok so IVs can be passed down from parents to children, but I've heard that if a hatched pokemon is male it inherits these stats from the female parent visa versa.
    Ex: Let's say I have a male meganium, with 31 IVs in defense and special defense and I breed it with a female sceptile with 31 IVs in special attack and speed.
    Ok now I breed them and get a female treecko, then maybe it will get higher IVs in defense and special defense right? because it inherits stats from meganium. And if treecko is male it will inherit stats from sceptile.
    Just making sure I know what I'm doing....
    thanks to anyone who can help^^
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

I have seen no proof whatsoever that IVs are gender related. All the tests i've seen show that IVs can be passed down from either parent for any child.
    I know it is at least partially untrue because IV's can be passed down from both parents.
    i.e. 2ivs from the father and 1 from the mother or vice versa.
    Last edited by DarkSpectrum; 10th August 2007 at 6:54 AM.

K thanks^^
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

What's the easiest way to get Wish onto an Eevee? I'm sure there's a really obvious one, but I can't find it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Bizziler View Post
    What's the easiest way to get Wish onto an Eevee? I'm sure there's a really obvious one, but I can't find it >.<
    Smeargle (sketch wish)->eevee
    That's the easiest way to get any egg move to eevee

Ok I need more help with breeding.

1. Does the nature of the two parents help help at ALL determining what the baby pokemon's nature will be?
    Example: If I breed a male timid horsea with a female timid horsea do I get a better chance of getting a timid horsea?

I ask this because I have bred well over 50 horsea and they all seem to be about the same natures. Only ONE timid one. The father is docile and the mother varries. I used a dolice female for a while too.

Am I just unlucky here? XD

Also, How random are the IVs? Are they REALLY based on the parents, or is it just a little. (Like if you breed 2 pokemon with a low IV in say, Speed, do you have ANY chance of getting a high IV in speed? )

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Summers View Post
    Ok I need more help with breeding.

1. Does the nature of the two parents help help at ALL determining what the baby pokemon's nature will be?
    Example: If I breed a male timid horsea with a female timid horsea do I get a better chance of getting a timid horsea?

I ask this because I have bred well over 50 horsea and they all seem to be about the same natures. Only ONE timid one. The father is docile and the mother varries. I used a dolice female for a while too.

Am I just unlucky here? XD

Also, How random are the IVs? Are they REALLY based on the parents, or is it just a little. (Like if you breed 2 pokemon with a low IV in say, Speed, do you have ANY chance of getting a high IV in speed? )

Thanks for the help
    If you attach a Everstone to the female, the baby will have a 50% chance of inheriting the female's nature. Otherwise, it's all just luck.

for the IV question..I know the answer in my head, but I can't word it very well, sorry.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

For the IV question, there is up to 3 of the IV stats that can be passed down from the parents. So if both parents had a low IV in speed, there would be a decent chance that the 3 Iv's will NOT come from the parents' speed stat - then it's the usual 1 in 32 chance to have an IV of *insert iv number from 0-31* for speed.

So yes, there is a decent chance for a good IV in that example. May take some time, depending on your luck.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

i have a question bout breeding ,

If i breed a shiny female larvitar with a normal male lapras
    will there be an increased chance that the egg that hatches will be a shiny aswell?

Yes, your chances of getting a Pokémon with a high Speed IV is slightly less, though the reason why isn't a direct one.

From the Emerald version and onward, all offspring get three IVs from their parents. Which stats they are and which parent they come from are random. All three might come from the same parent, or you might get 1 from one parent and 2 from another. When you have two Pokémon with low Speed IVs, their offspring will most likely get their Speed IVs from one of the parents and result in a low one. You may sometimes get a high Speed IV, but it'll have to get its three parental IVs of other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayer View Post

will there be an increased chance that the egg that hatches will be a shiny aswell?
    Nope. Your chances are still 1 in 8192.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayer View Post

If you were breeding in the 2nd gen then yes there would be a higher chance. However, in the 3rd and 4th gens, the chance is the same as finding on in the wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophie View Post
    Yes, your chances of getting a Pokémon with a high Speed IV is slightly less, though the reason why isn't a direct one.

From the Emerald version and onward, all offspring get three IVs from their parents. Which stats they are and which parent they come from are random. All three might come from the same parent, or you might get 1 from one parent and 2 from another. When you have two Pokémon with low Speed IVs, their offspring will most likely get their Speed IVs from one of the parents and result in a low one. You may sometimes get a high Speed IV, but it'll have to get its three parental IVs of other stats.
    3 IVs inherited is not guaranteed. There was a test done by someone in the first 3rd gen breeding guide and he discovered that in some cases only 2 IVs would be inherited (with the possibilty of as low as 1). This is why everyone has been stressing the usage of "upto 3 IVs inherited" as 3 are not always inherited.

The main difference here is that this is is the 4th generation, not the 3rd. In Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen, each parent still contributed IVs three times, but they could "stack up" within the same stat and thus give out fewer than 3 stats' worth of IVs. From Emerald and onward, the system was changed so that 3 different stats' worth of IVs would always get distributed.

Ah, its me again x3
    Thanks for the help btw...
    Now, Im in a little mess up here. I got a shiftry from GTS on level 100 and taught it extrasensory and leafstorm, which are the moves I wanted to get for my roserade. Problem is, the shiftry is female, and I cant breed it with a ditto to get a male because seedot cant learn the moves =/
    Is there any way to do this without getting a new shiftry? I also have a smeargle, but Im not sure if that can work either.
    Help me out? x3 thanks <3

Smeargle is in the Ground Egg Group, and I can't see a way of passing either Extrasensory or Leaf Storm to Budew from the Ground Egg Group. Using Shiftry is the only way of getting both moves to Budew, I'm afraid.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

i know this thread isnt about this but could someone pm me on how to catch hoey tree pokemon plz

could someone please tell me how you know what IV your pokemon has? Cos when i find one with 31 IVs, i'll breed it. thanks
    I have both Diamond and Pearl and have beaten both.

Current shinies:Haryama,Grumpig.NOT FOR TRADE
    Target shinies:,,,,,

Created by Perlgia!

I...seem to have a small problem with breeding. Everywhere I go, guides tell me that an Everstone on the female (or DITTO) will provide a better chance of getting a baby of the same nature. And often, it works.

For example, I wanted a Jolly SHROOMISH, and when I bred a random male SHROOMISH with my Jolly DITTO (with an Everstone), nearly every baby that thing splutted out was Jolly.

Now though, that I'm going for a Mild GROWLITHE (Male GROWLITHE + Mild DITTO with an Everstone)...it's been 20+ eggs and no sign of Mild. So, maybe it doesn't work with certain Pokémon or certain Natures + certain Pokémon?

I don't know what's going on, honestly. It's just that, at a 50% chance, you'd think I get that just a tad more often. I mean, the chance of getting 20 straight Tails when flipping a coin is 1 in 1048576. So...huh?

Quote Originally Posted by spenceroone3 View Post
    could someone please tell me how you know what IV your pokemon has? Cos when i find one with 31 IVs, i'll breed it. thanks
    This link will be of major help:
    http://www.serebii.net/games/characteristics.shtml
    It lists what each statement on the trainer memo means as its IV's are concerned. It lists whatever is your highest IV (if 2 or more IV's share the same highest amount then it picks one at random).
    You will also need an IV calculator to give you a better idea of all the IVs:
    http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
    It works more reliably when you're pokemon is at a higher level (20+ should be decent enough) and you have to keep track of any EVs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkaku Kaikou View Post
    I don't know what's going on, honestly. It's just that, at a 50% chance, you'd think I get that just a tad more often. I mean, the chance of getting 20 straight Tails when flipping a coin is 1 in 1048576. So...huh?
    It is a 50% chance but there were some tests that seemed to show certain dittos wouldn't work with certain pokemon. Different language dittos from the pokemon or different generations wouldn't work together. This was in the japanese version and when the US version came out the tests stopped.

EDIT:
    Here's a toughie. Especially since it probably won't work but I gave up cuz if it does work, it's complex. As part of a breeding project, I'm tryin to breed a skarmory with 4 moves (drill Peck/Brave Bird/Whirlwind/Roost). I can get everything but Brave bird on there and was wondering if anyone knew how to get all 4 moves bred onto a skarm at once.
    Yes Yes I know, 2 flying type attack moves. But this is for making trades, breeding for specific natures and then trading so whomever recieves it can choose between BB and drill peck (some people prefer BB).

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast