Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2394

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

how do i get a sneasle with ice punch?

EDIT: And i don't have access to Platinum :P
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Smeargle + Weavile/Sneasel
    First, when players wish to exchange their winnings, they must call a parlor staff member by using the call button located at the top of the machine they used. The staff member will then carry the player's balls to an automated counter to verify how many they have.

Hey i have a question on my skarmory
    i have a female skarmory and a male fearow
    but when i put them both in day care it says they dont like to play with each other
    why is that
    last time i checked they are both in the same egg groups
    and my fearows level 52 and my skarmory is level 18
    could that be a reason?
    but somehow it doesnt work for me
    but when i did female fearow and male skarmory it works but thats not what i needed i needed the female to be skarmory so i can get it with drill peck and roost i think but it wont work
    got any tips on why it not working?
    IGN: GOMPBMK( i know)
    FC [-----------------V----------------]

"The two don't seem to like each other much." - the two Pokémon are not the same species and have the same ID number. They will breed slowly.
    first page please ;D
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

can anyone help me with a chain to get bullet punch and blaze kick onto lucario. i've already tried a few but maybe i am missing a step. also trying to get shinx with elemental fangs so far i've only been able to get two out of three fangs. Please help. Pm me with help. thank you.
    Offering IV breeding on ALL pokemon along with egg moves from D/P/Plat/HG/SS
    I can do platinum move tutoring also.
    Pm with Request.
    But Dracaena Clan requests have priorty!!!

0861-4698-5474
    Dracaena record:
    8-12

For Lucario, get Smeargle Sketch both moves and Breed it with a Female Lucario.

For Shinx, you can do the same thing.

Or you can use male Arbok, Snubbull or Hippowdon with these moves and breed with female Shinx line.

To easly Sketch the moves, go in a Double Battle with a Pokémon with the move you wanna Sketch and Smeargle. Use Sketch on your own partner that has just used the move you want Smeargle have.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

How would I get a Masquerain with Hydro Pump and Mud Shot? I tried everything.
    For the Turtwig example in the first post, couldn't you just breed a Turtwig with tickle and a Turtwig with superpower together?
    -Danny
    I love dewgong

For Surskit, you can breed it with any Male Omanyte with both moves.

As for the other question, no.
    Only the male Pokémon is the one that can pass Egg Moves/TMs.
    In this case, the male would have one move and the other would have to be female, making the move the female has not accessible for the Egg ;D
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Cloner View Post
    How would I get a Masquerain with Hydro Pump and Mud Shot? I tried everything.
    For the Turtwig example in the first post, couldn't you just breed a Turtwig with tickle and a Turtwig with superpower together?
    -Danny
    No the female doesn't pass egg moves.
    3DS FC = 0216-1223-1081
    friend safari (dark) = Inkay, Cacturne, Vullaby
    White FC=4298 2302 9295
    Heart Gold FC=1720 6203 4547
    Platinum FC=0388-4663-6425
    Pearl FC=3137-5419-0198
    PBR FC=4725-5099-1678

thanks for the info. i got it. smeargle is an awesome breeder!!!
    Offering IV breeding on ALL pokemon along with egg moves from D/P/Plat/HG/SS
    I can do platinum move tutoring also.
    Pm with Request.
    But Dracaena Clan requests have priorty!!!

0861-4698-5474
    Dracaena record:
    8-12

how do i get hydro pump on salamence? I wanna make a specsmence to versus my friends but i dont' have a clue where to get it from. feebas maybe?

and how do i get whirlwind and brave bird on skarmory? Thanks in advance !!!

For HydroPump Mence...
    Male from THIS list with Hydro Pump + Female Bagon

For Brave Bird + WWind Skarm
    Any from Starly line with both moves + Female Skarmory.

This simple =p
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

How do I get both Outrage and Iron Head onto Larvitar?
    I have a male Dratini with Outrage(and a female Gible) and a male Aron with Iron Head.

to ohazombie.
    Well im not ure if it is a legal moveset in Diamond and pearl versions.
    But in platinum you can use that male Aron.
    You need to use a male Aron, Garchomp, or Bastiodon(Couldnt think of others) and it must know the move iron head, then teach him outrage by tutoring.
    After that you just have to breed with a female larvitar.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

Oh, okay. Thanks.

How do I get Swords Dance and Rock Slide on a Rhyhorn via breeding?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Smeargle D=

Get it sketch those moves and Breed with any female Rhyhorn/evos.

To Sketch such moves, go in a double battle with Smeargle and a Pokémon who knows the move you want sketch. Then use Sketch on your own Pokémon.

You can also buy Swords Dance TM and breed it with any Larvitar who knows Rock Slide.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

I'm trying to breed my Feebas to have both Dragon Breath and Mirror Coat. I've breed a male and a female to have one of each attack and deleted the slash move and it only learned the Mirror Coat from the male. Is there away for Feebas to have both?
    FC: 3609 5260 5355
    Josh

That's because when you breed, the father is the only one who influences the Egg's moves. Female does nothing about moves, unless it's level up moves you'll learn reading the first page ;P

Anyways, you can't get Feebas have both moves... though you'll really do better with Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam instead of Dragon Breath.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    That's because when you breed, the father is the only one who influences the Egg's moves. Female does nothing about moves, unless it's level up moves you'll learn reading the first page ;P

Anyways, you can't get Feebas have both moves... though you'll really do better with Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam instead of Dragon Breath.
    Ok, I figured but wanted to try. I'll be able to get Dragon Pulse. Thank you =]
    FC: 3609 5260 5355
    Josh

Question

Disregard Post.
    Last edited by Emerald 2006; 30th January 2009 at 12:22 AM.
    Username; Arcadia IL, U.S.A CST -6 GMT

3DS FC; 3308-5191-3462

Am Currently playing Pokémon X.
    Am Ghost type in friend Safari. Lampent, one other I forget about and a Rare Spiritomb.
    One of my Fav types!

Fish Chaining FTW!

I have Officially Claimed Gengar!
    Because He Rules!

Looking for roost and AA on Scyther. Haven't been able to get the bridge for it. Smeargel didn't like any of my female scythers
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

This is more a question of opinion and technique than anything else, but I'm curious to hear what more experienced breeders think:

I'm currently breeding for good IVs on what will become my main team. My technique so far is pretty standard: breed two of the required species together (female with the right nature and an everstone, male with any egg moves I need to pass down), and hatch eggs until I have about twenty babies. I hang onto any male I get, but reject females with the wrong nature. For species with a 1:1 gender ratio, this means I end up with around two males for every female. I then check IVs, and the best candidate of each gender is sent to the daycare to go about breeding the next generation. Occasionally, if I get a run of babies with sucky IVs, I might hatch some more eggs, but that's basically my current system.

However, next on my list is Eevee. Eevee has a ridiculous 7:1 gender ratio in favour of males. It occurs to me that I'll only be getting, on average, one suitable female Eevee for every fourteen males, since half of the females will have the wrong nature. Using my current system, I'm likely to have just one, maybe two females for each generation. Whereas I'm usually passing down good IVs through both parents, that's much less likely to be happening in this case.

So, the question is this: Should I keep hatching eggs obsessively until I get a reasonable number of female Eevees? Or is it not worth the extra time? Should I just concentrate on passing down IVs from the male parents instead?

(As an aside, I actually want the final product of my Eevee breeding to be a female. Is this very stupid? Yes, it is.)

tl;dr: What's your system for breeding Pokemon with silly gender ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Looking for roost and AA on Scyther. Haven't been able to get the bridge for it. Smeargel didn't like any of my female scythers
    That's because Smeargle is from the Ground Egg group =p

To get both without using TMs you can't, so you'll have to teach the TM to the Scyther you'll want to keep.

But you can get Aerial Ace by simply breeding Scyther with a Male Heracross that knows this move (Learns it in level 13).

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    This is more a question of opinion and technique than anything else, but I'm curious to hear what more experienced breeders think:

I'm currently breeding for good IVs on what will become my main team. My technique so far is pretty standard: breed two of the required species together (female with the right nature and an everstone, male with any egg moves I need to pass down), and hatch eggs until I have about twenty babies. I hang onto any male I get, but reject females with the wrong nature. For species with a 1:1 gender ratio, this means I end up with around two males for every female. I then check IVs, and the best candidate of each gender is sent to the daycare to go about breeding the next generation. Occasionally, if I get a run of babies with sucky IVs, I might hatch some more eggs, but that's basically my current system.

However, next on my list is Eevee. Eevee has a ridiculous 7:1 gender ratio in favour of males. It occurs to me that I'll only be getting, on average, one suitable female Eevee for every fourteen males, since half of the females will have the wrong nature. Using my current system, I'm likely to have just one, maybe two females for each generation. Whereas I'm usually passing down good IVs through both parents, that's much less likely to be happening in this case.

So, the question is this: Should I keep hatching eggs obsessively until I get a reasonable number of female Eevees? Or is it not worth the extra time? Should I just concentrate on passing down IVs from the male parents instead?

(As an aside, I actually want the final product of my Eevee breeding to be a female. Is this very stupid? Yes, it is.)

tl;dr: What's your system for breeding Pokemon with silly gender ratios?
    I always Soft Reset for eggs. Don't matter the Pokémon or anything, SR seems to be the fastest way for me, and also the most accurate.

If you don't know how SRing for eggs works, you just save in front of the oldman when the egg is done before picking it. You pick it and when you hatch you see if it has the gender, the nature or the ability or all that you want. This is because when the egg is made, the Pokémon has already Gender, nature, ability and shinyness set in the stone, if you turn off the game and pick it again and hatch, it'll have the same gender, nature and ability as the one you got before turning off the game, the only thing that changes is Pokémon's IVs, which are set when you pick the egg, not when its made.

For such low gender rate, sure it'll take a while to get the Female with the right nature, but once you get it, you can SR until you get the perfect one.

I like SRing especially for Pokémon with multiple abilities. but having the nature set, is already a huge help. When I hatched a 31/28/29/31/31/31 Togepi and it was Impish nature, I completely started using that method. In that example, it was Serene Grace, but the same would apply if it was Calm nature but had Hustle ability..

eh. I hope I helped =p
    Last edited by Volteon; 31st January 2009 at 4:23 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Is it possible to get both aqua jet and belly drum on a Marill? On the serebii move set calc it says it is possible. If so how.
    3DS FC = 0216-1223-1081
    friend safari (dark) = Inkay, Cacturne, Vullaby
    White FC=4298 2302 9295
    Heart Gold FC=1720 6203 4547
    Platinum FC=0388-4663-6425
    Pearl FC=3137-5419-0198
    PBR FC=4725-5099-1678

Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast