Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2394

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    No real reason??
    Per smogon: Three IVs are inherited at random. The first is any IV, the second is any except HP, and the third is any except HP and DF.

So basically you've got three chances to pass on AT, SP. AT, SP. DF and speed, but only two to pass on DF, and only ONE to pass on HP.
    Yes, but there's still no real reason for why Gamefreak made HP and Def harder to pass down.

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    No real reason??
    Per smogon: Three IVs are inherited at random. The first is any IV, the second is any except HP, and the third is any except HP and DF.

So basically you've got three chances to pass on AT, SP. AT, SP. DF and speed, but only two to pass on DF, and only ONE to pass on HP.
    This info is wrong to start with. I have multiple Flawless IV pokes, and I have bread the against each other, so as to get another flawless IV Pokemon, and it didn't happen.

They do NOT pass down three IV's from each parent. They pass down two IV's at random from each parent, and even then, they might not be in the same stat they were in from the parents. Then two other IV stats are randomly generated, that unless you use the RNG reporter method, you will have no idea as to what they will be.

Whatever you read on Smogon is wrong.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 24th August 2009 at 4:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    This info is wrong to start with. I have multiple Flawless IV pokes, and I have bread the against each other, so as to get another flawless IV Pokemon, and it didn't happen.

They do NOT pass down three IV's from each parent. They pass down two IV's at random from each parent, and even then, they might not be in the same stat they were in from the parents. Then two other IV stats are randomly generated, that unless you use the RNG reporter method, you will have no idea as to what they will be.

Whatever you read on Smogon is wrong.
    Smogon is correct. Even though it is possible to get 3 IVs passed down, you might get unlucky and get (for example) Sp. Def IVs on every passed IV (effectively making only 1 IV passed down).

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by JosJuice View Post
    Smogon is correct. Even though it is possible to get 3 IVs passed down, you might get unlucky and get (for example) Sp. Def IVs on every passed IV (effectively making only 1 IV passed down).
    I know better, through actual playtesting. I consistantly get at least four IV stats of 31 everytime I breed a Poke. The only exception I have ever had is if one of the randomly generated IV's happen to be a 31. I know this for a fact through hours upon hours of playtesting, and getting flawless IV's for my Pokes.

Even the University can be wrong. They aren't the bible of Pokemon.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 25th August 2009 at 2:39 PM.

I posted this in the Masuda method thread, but I think it would be useful if this information was added to the first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by wichu View Post
    By the way, here's some tips for hatching eggs faster.
    I'll quickly explain how hatching eggs works. The game doesn't remember the exact number of steps needed to hatch each egg. Instead, each egg has an 'egg counter', which starts at a multiple of 5. Every time you take 255 steps, the 'egg counter' of each egg in your party decreases by 1. If the egg's 'egg counter' is already 0, then the egg will hatch.

Firstly, have a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party. This will make the eggs hatch nearly twice as fast, since it makes the 'egg counter' decrease by 2 every 255 steps instead of 1.

Secondly, use the step counter app on the Poketch. Every time you pick up an egg, reset it to 0. Before picking up another, make sure the step counter is at a multiple of 255, or a few steps above. This is because picking up an egg resets the 'egg counter' step count to 0. If you pick up another egg at 254 steps since the last one, then the 'egg counter' wouldn't have decreased, and you'd have wasted those steps. Taking one more step before picking up the egg would then have the effect of 255 steps for each egg in your party.

Finally, every time you pick up a new egg, switch it with the previous one until it's at the top of your party. This is because when an egg hatches, any eggs below it in the party don't have their 'egg counter' decreased (to prevent more than one egg hatching at once). Therefore, by making sure that the oldest egg is at the bottom of your party, you can avoid that (since any egg hatching will be below the other eggs.

If you follow all these, you should find that your egg hatching speeds up noticeably.
    TotalPotato(or another mod), if you see this, would you mind doing adding it to the thread? You can edit it for clarity, as long as you don't change the actual info :P

EDIT: Actually, there are 3 IVs passed from both parents in total. I can see why you don't trust the information on Smogon (all websites can have errors), but it's been proven to be true by looking into the game. It's actually the basis of RNG breeding; you can generate a list of possible spreads for an egg's IVs, and you'll see that there are never more than 3 IVs passed on. Maybe in your experience, you seem to get 4; however, I and many other people can verify that only 3 are actually passed.
    Last edited by wichu; 25th August 2009 at 4:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wichu View Post

EDIT: Actually, there are 3 IVs passed from both parents in total. I can see why you don't trust the information on Smogon (all websites can have errors), but it's been proven to be true by looking into the game. It's actually the basis of RNG breeding; you can generate a list of possible spreads for an egg's IVs, and you'll see that there are never more than 3 IVs passed on. Maybe in your experience, you seem to get 4; however, I and many other people can verify that only 3 are actually passed.
    In Pokémon Emerald, the process is similar but more complicated. First, a random IV is passed from one of the parents to the baby. Afterwards, a random IV of any stat other than HP, is inherited from either parent to the baby. If this IV is from the same stat as the first IV (not necessarily the same IV value, depending on whether or not the same parent passed it on), it will override it. Finally, another random IV of any stat other than HP and Defense, is passed from one of the parents to the baby. This IV will override any of the previous two if it is from the same stat. The remaining stats (a number ranging from 3 to 5) are determined at random, again with the possibility of one or more IVs coinciding with those of the parents.

Another change introduced in Emerald is the ability to inherit Nature, which also influences stats. If the mother (or Ditto) is holding an Everstone, the baby has a 50% chance of inheriting that Pokémon's Nature. When breeding a female Pokémon with Ditto, it is Ditto whose Nature has the increased 50% chance of being inherited in case it holds Everstone.

Generation IV
    Inheriting IVs and Nature in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl is determined in the same way as in Pokémon Emerald. The only minor exception is in the case of inheriting Nature, which is not influenced by Everstone when breeding two Pokémon that do not originate from games of the same language. However, there is an increased chance of hatching a shiny Pokémon when both parents are from different games. This is due to special coding written into the game by director Junichi Masuda.

This information originally can be found here.

In my previous post, I gave you an example of breeding together two Pokemon with Flawless IV stats for both of them. This would be for the case of egg move breeding. If you do the math (which I am honestly too lazy to type out for you), each Pokemon will only get frou stats combined from the two parents. It is inevitable for stats to copy each other from Emerald on, due to the method that has become a standard since then. There is no way for this to not be the case even if the pokes do not have flawless stats.

Err... That description only has at most 3 stats being passed. I suggest you read it more thoroughly. But if you want, here's some results of breeding two flawless Pokemon:
    31/31/26/31/20/17
    16/13/12/31/31/31
    12/31/24/31/11/5
    27/30/31/31/31/31
    12/25/27/2/31/31
    5/31/18/30/31/22
    29/31/6/21/30/31
    7/31/18/31/23/31
    24/31/4/31/9/6
    13/31/24/31/5/18
    Out of those, 6 are dual-flawless, 3 are triple-flawless, and only 1 is quadruple-flawless. I'd say that those results support the mechanic I posted, not the one you seem to believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have got a few questions.
    1. how do you get a blazkin with batton pass?(mate with eevee?)
    2. Also when you mate 2 different pokemon(not ditto) does male or female determain then speices..?

3. same as question one BUT, how does syther get batton pass?

PM me please...
    Last edited by hunterzhorizon; 27th August 2009 at 2:47 PM.
    FC: 5027 1702 5273

Im new to wifi battles, so i suck, I am in need of apprenticeship please, PM me.

I can only answer question 2 ;female gets species

sorry I looked it up and yes you do breed torchic with eeve to get baton pass

and scyther gets it from ledian

use this as a reference
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baton_Pass_(move)

One question with an optional second one:

Is there anyway aside from using smeargle to get a sneasel (weavile) with fake out + pursuit?

The optional second one is: if there is a way, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by darth_suicune View Post
    One question with an optional second one:

Is there anyway aside from using smeargle to get a sneasel (weavile) with fake out + pursuit?

The optional second one is: if there is a way, what would it be?
    There isn't, although Smeargle would be the most efficient option either way. If you're having trouble getting it to Sketch the moves that you require, then don't forget that double Pokémon battles can help.
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

If the mother knows a tm move, does it pass it down if the father doesn't know it? I'm trying to get an Abra with Energy Ball, Shadow Ball and Calm Mind. I came up with this:

Shadow Ball
    Gardevoir – Castform -> Fairy
    Castform – Skitty
    Skitty – Spinda
    Spinda – Abra

Energy Ball
    Breloom – Cacnea
    Cacnea – Abra

Calm Mind
    Medicham - Abra

How would that work though?
    Last edited by raz1337; 29th August 2009 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    If the mother knows a tm move, does it pass it down if the father doesn't know it? I'm trying to get an Abra with Energy Ball, Shadow Ball and Calm Mind. I came up with this:

Shadow Ball
    Gardevoir – Castform -> Fairy
    Castform – Skitty
    Skitty – Spinda
    Spinda – Abra

Energy Ball
    Breloom – Cacnea
    Cacnea – Abra

Calm Mind
    Medicham - Abra

How would that work though?
    No, the mother cannot pass down TM moves.

If it's not too late, you could use a Mr. Mime. It can learn Shadow Ball and Energy Ball via TM. Alakazam learns Calm Mind at 35 or 36, so you don't need to breed for that.
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

If I breed a female Starly with a ditto holding an everstone, does the nature from the ditto pass down?

Quote Originally Posted by demnz View Post
    No, the mother cannot pass down TM moves.

If it's not too late, you could use a Mr. Mime. It can learn Shadow Ball and Energy Ball via TM. Alakazam learns Calm Mind at 35 or 36, so you don't need to breed for that.
    Oh...ok. So I really only need to breed for Energy ball since it's easier and I can buy the Shadow Ball TM from the Battle Frontier. It's just that I used my Grass Knot/Shadow Ball on Gardevoir and Energy Ball on Breloom. I made some dumb moves with some TM's.
    Last edited by raz1337; 29th August 2009 at 5:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Noodles View Post
    If I breed a female Starly with a ditto holding an everstone, does the nature from the ditto pass down?
    It has a 50% chance to pass it down, but yeah the nature is from the Ditto.
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

Quote Originally Posted by demnz View Post
    It has a 50% chance to pass it down, but yeah the nature is from the Ditto.
    Oh, that's great, thanks!

I have a question. Why can't I breed Pupitar with Charmeleon? They're both in the monster group, and I was trying to get a DD Larvitar. Charmeleon is a male, and Pupitar is a female. It makes no sense at all to me.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

As long as the Charmeleon is male has Dragon Dance and the Pupitar is female, a DD Larvitar egg should be made. Maybe you aren't giving it enough time to produce an egg?
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

The guy said something along the lines of "They hate eachother," so I'm not sure what I did wrong. Mabye they can still make an egg if they can't get along?
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Yeah they will still make an egg you just need to wait more than usual
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

Oh crap...this is gonna take a while...

It depends - are they saying "they don't like each other very much" or "they prefer to play with other Pokemon"?

The former means they'll still breed, but the latter means they won't.

Also, why can't Garchomp learn Dragon Dance? It's silly not letting it learn it.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Double checking:

Can Ralts learn Hypnosis as an Egg Move? It can learn it through level up...

Breed Ralts (F) with Ghastly (M) who has 'remembered' Hypnosis...yes?
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Question Ditto+Ditto=zero?

I tried to breed two Ditto the other day, and Day-Care man told me "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon more than with each other." In other words, he seemed to indicate that breeding Ditto is impossible.

This would be a major bummer, so I need to check. The first post almost stated that Ditto cannot breed with Ditto, but it didn't come right out and say.

Let me ask it this way: Has anyone ever bred two Ditto together? Is there some special way it must be done? Or is it truly impossible? Does += No egg?

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast