Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Quote Originally Posted by RufflesthePidgey View Post
    Is it at all possible to get Ice Punch and Dragon Dance onto a totodile without using Emerald? It doesn't look like it, but I'm new to the whole chain breeding thing, so I dunno.
    Not unless someone trades you one they've already bred.

Yikes, that means Totodiles/Croconaws/Feraligatrs with both of those moves will be pretty rare. I guess that means you'd have to compensate with Ice Fang, though after one Dragon Dance, it should be able to knock out stuff like Dragonite and Garchomp in one hit (and most likely outrun both too).

Of course, another way to get both ice punch/dragon dance onto totedile it to get your hands on a dragonite with both those moves... then you can breed all you want on dp.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

That's the problem. Without Emerald, Action Replay, or someone who has one/both, you can't get a Dragonite with Ice Punch and Dragon Dance.

Default How

How can i make a Safeguard, Foresight Lapras(With Breeding)? I couldn't figure it out by mt self.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaralampos View Post
    How can i make a Safeguard, Foresight Lapras(With Breeding)? I couldn't figure it out by mt self.
    Mudkip (foresight Lvl 19) > Lapras

Lapras Learns Safeguard through level up (level 43).
    If you want a baby with safeguard and foresight basically you breed a male to have foresight, raise it up to learn safeguard, then breed it for the baby that knows both. Since safeguard is a TM it can learn then both the egg move foresight and tm safeguard will be passed to the new baby.
    Last edited by DarkSpectrum; 18th September 2007 at 4:50 PM.

Just so people know Mankey can learn earhquake through the breeding process. I just posted this because this wan't on Serebii
    ~Under Construction~

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingKen View Post
    Just so people know Mankey can learn earhquake through the breeding process. I just posted this because this wan't on Serebii
    Mankey learns earthquake By TM thus making it a breedable move......
    This is dealt with in the first post.

I need some fast help please >.<

I'm trying to breed Sneasels with Ice Punch and Pursuit.

The male only has the move Ice Punch, and the female Pursuit.

BUT, when it breeds an egg and I hacth it, the new Sneasel has Ice Punch, Leer, Scratch and Taunt, moves that it learns by itself, so I'm kinda confused if its possible to have another starting moveset different from these 3 atacks + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Qu3tz View Post
    I need some fast help please >.<

I'm trying to breed Sneasels with Ice Punch and Pursuit.

The male only has the move Ice Punch, and the female Pursuit.

BUT, when it breeds an egg and I hacth it, the new Sneasel has Ice Punch, Leer, Scratch and Taunt, moves that it learns by itself, so I'm kinda confused if its possible to have another starting moveset different from these 3 atacks + 1
    only MALES pass moves.
    Smeargle is the best father to any sneasel (or anything in the ground egg group). Just sketch any and all moves you want and breed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpectrum View Post
    only MALES pass moves.
    Smeargle is the best father to any sneasel (or anything in the ground egg group). Just sketch any and all moves you want and breed.
    Yeah... I was kinda stupid lol

But so, I found no other possibility to breed, except for Smeargle ¬¬

So, I guess i'll have to capture one, but I still have one question, when I get it, where can I sketch Pursuit or Ice Punch?

Thanks a lot

I actually have few more questions =P, so I won't have to post anymore...

Having Heart Scales is the only way that Hitmonchan will learn "Mach Punch"? How can I know which trait my Hitmonchan will have, once Tyrogue doesn't have the same ones?
    How should I train my Tyrogues EV's so it'll evolve to Chan (Defense > Atack), because my Hitmonchan's plans would be Atack and Speed Ev's =/
    Last edited by Qu3tz; 18th September 2007 at 9:26 PM.

Yeah... I was kinda stupid lol

But so, I found no other possibility to breed, except for Smeargle ¬¬

So, I guess i'll have to capture one, but I still have one question, when I get it, where can I sketch Pursuit or Ice Punch?

Thanks a lot
    From the 2 parents you already have......
    Best place for that I know of is double battle south of the breeding center with the vs seeker.

From the 2 parents you already have......
    Best place for that I know of is double battle south of the breeding center with the vs seeker.
    I know a better:
        Spoiler:- Smeargle 101:

I Originally posted this in the Official Help Thread (D/P) but word doesn't spread quickly. So here I post it again.
    Dedicated to my beloved friend, Tyranny the Tyranitar

With its indestructable body, it is bound to rule all.....

Has for now, have a nice day!
        Spoiler:- info about me:

Quick Question:

Is it breeding male Infernape with Ditto worst than with a female Infernape?

Because if its not i'll breed it right now, but if it is i'll wait till my friend gets one female x.x

Quick Question:

Is it breeding male Infernape with Ditto worst than with a female Infernape?

Because if its not i'll breed it right now, but if it is i'll wait till my friend gets one female x.x
    it works the same exact way... the only thing that will differ is the amount of time to get an egg and that amount of time is so miniscule you won't notice.

Having Heart Scales is the only way that Hitmonchan will learn "Mach Punch"? How can I know which trait my Hitmonchan will have, once Tyrogue doesn't have the same ones?
    How should I train my Tyrogues EV's so it'll evolve to Chan (Defense > Atack), because my Hitmonchan's plans would be Atack and Speed Ev's =/
    These questions aren't really anything to do with breeding. I suggest you look for an appropriate thread to post these questions in. If you can't find one, create your own.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    These questions aren't really anything to do with breeding. I suggest you look for an appropriate thread to post these questions in. If you can't find one, create your own.
    Well,
    at least the traits deals with Breeding doesn't it? Besides, you could just have answered, I won't botter other ppl creating a new Thread once this one is active but seems to be kinda dead ¬¬

Any pokemon that gets a new ability has a chance to get the new ability when pal parked... it's about 50-50.
    The pokemon has to be UNEVOLVED. When you evolve it it could change. If it doesn't change you'll have to rebreed.

Any pokemon that gets a new ability has a chance to get the new ability when pal parked... it's about 50-50.
    The pokemon has to be UNEVOLVED. When you evolve it it could change. If it doesn't change you'll have to rebreed.
    so theres a chance itl have a new ability upon migration, and a chance it could gain a new ability upon evolution? thanks alot, im so glad i can get the right ability!
    fc:3737-7199-6941 Mu'Ting...
    Time Zone : +10 GMT
    fcx2:4167-0516-4097 MUZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Muzero View Post
    so theres a chance itl have a new ability upon migration, and a chance it could gain a new ability upon evolution? thanks alot, im so glad i can get the right ability!
    No there is NO chance it will get the ability upon migration.
    The only chance it gets to get the new ability is when it evolves. Then and only then will it change IF IT DOES.

Teach me how to make totodile learn ice punch and dragon dance, please

i would like to know too, if there is a way without having to emigrate a dragonite from emerald.

Some long chain or anything?!
    FC: Soloman// 1976-6902-9357

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

So, my Tyrogue has the nature I want... i'll have to evolve it and hope it gets the Ironfist nature? oO

If it doesn't i'll have to rebreed one, with same nature (which will be hard [does everstone work on ditto]) and lv till 20?

Thats a lot of work ¬¬

So, my Tyrogue has the nature I want... i'll have to evolve it and hope it gets the Ironfist nature? oO

If it doesn't i'll have to rebreed one, with same nature (which will be hard [does everstone work on ditto]) and lv till 20?

Thats a lot of work ¬¬
    if it dosnt have iron fist put it in the daycare with ditto but put an everstone on the hitmon....(i guess ur breeding a hitmonchan)
    and the tyrouge would have the same nature
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I am trying my first hand at breeding moves into pokemon and such and theres a lot of threads to read through in this topic already so i apologize if this has been explained easily already.

I am trying to get a larvitar breed with dragon dance, what would the be the easiest way? i thought i could use a seadra but apparently not because theres no water/ground pokemon that can learn it? or am i understanding breeding wrong? Also I only have pokemon diamond available to me currently as I will be picking up a couple of the GBA ones eventually so if you could help me using diamond only getting dragon dance on a larvitar that would rock
    Last edited by dratinitamer; 21st September 2007 at 5:21 AM.

Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast