Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2394

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

if your brother wants the smallest chain possible, jus teach the slowpoke psychic and calm mind via tm, that would be the fastest possible route
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

I know that, but he doesn't have either TM. And it's okay if it doesn't have CM - as long as it has Psychic.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

in that case then, anything in slowpokes breeding group that can learn psychic will pass it down.
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

I guess Gorebyss would be the only 1-egg solution then...thanks anyway.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

Question: If I have a Horsea I want to breed with a Ditto, and Horsea knows Hidden Power, it doesn't matter if it's male or female, the offspring will know Hidden Power, right?
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    Question: If I have a Horsea I want to breed with a Ditto, and Horsea knows Hidden Power, it doesn't matter if it's male or female, the offspring will know Hidden Power, right?
    Only a Male Horsea will pass down Hidden Power.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    OK, thanks. (Saved me a TM Hidden Power )
    Quote from last post to not double post.

Also, I've bred Horseas with HP but now I've run into another problem:

So I want my Horsea to be naughty. So I have a naughty Ditto with an Everstone breeding with a male Horsea with HP and Sniper. But I want Swift Swim and Naughty, but what ends up happening is I either get Swift Swim and a random nature or Sniper and Naughty. I bred an Adamant Scyther in HGSS easily with Technician, which was what I wanted, but here are some diferences ocurring that may lead to this:

Scizor was female, the Horsea I'm breeding with now is male
    It was in HGSS, I'm now breeding in PL

Does that matter? Or is it just bad luck? Because I want a certain HP type, and if takes this long just to get the nature and ability...And if there is a way to make this go faster, could someone help me on that?
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

The ability is random, there is no way to affect the ability.

Here is a good trick I learned.

1. Save in front of the Daycare Man when he's holding an egg.
    2. Hatch the egg, and if it has Swift Swim and Naughty, check its HP.
    3. If it doesn't have the right HP, SR and hatch it again. It will have the same ability and nature, only its IVs and Hidden Power will change.

This works best with Platinum or HGSS, because there is a blonde man in the Game Corner Prize Exchange Corner who can tell you the type.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

OK, thanks. That helps a ton.

Hi! I'm new here, so I'm hoping this is the right section.
    Gallade's page on this site says that it can learn Leaf Blade at level 1; however, Ralts's page does not say that. Can someone clarify this for me?

Use a Heart Scale on a Gallade, and it will be able to learn Leaf Blade. There is a man in Pastoria that teaches moves in exchange for Heart Scales, his house is near the water.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

can someone answer a few questions for me please, i have just got a japanese charmander and im breeding it with my female charmander from my file, hoping to hatch a shiny, im under the impression that this will increase my chances by 75 percent, so basicly now im gonna be hatching eggs for the next god knows how long until i get one, is this the correct method, masuda method i think its called, is there anything i can do too speed the process up or anything i am not doing,
    advice please,

Quote Originally Posted by liam99 View Post
    can someone answer a few questions for me please, i have just got a japanese charmander and im breeding it with my female charmander from my file, hoping to hatch a shiny, im under the impression that this will increase my chances by 75 percent, so basicly now im gonna be hatching eggs for the next god knows how long until i get one, is this the correct method, masuda method i think its called, is there anything i can do too speed the process up or anything i am not doing,
    advice please,
    That's it basically, keep in mind that the everstone trick will not work when parents are from games with different languages, so the nature will be totally random. Good luck getting that shiny charmander, it still might take a long time.
    Click the banner to visit my trade shop!
    Specializing in females in special balls, perfect IV bred pokemon, and much more!
    | Pokemon X fc: 2723 9807 1974 | IGN MokKish |

Hatched my first ever (intentional) MM shiny!

| Brave nature | Swarm ability |
    | 31/31/31/x/31/0 |
    Perfect for Trick Room terror

okay thanks, yeah its a long process, i much prefer chaining, im getting pretty good at it now, got 4 shiny ponytas yesterday and 2 shiny bagons the day before, flygon in the desert is my next challenge, if this charmander dosnt take too long im gonna try hatch a shiny dratini next, also these charmander babys are being born with dragon dance and outrage if anyones interested in one pm me. ive got like 100 spare at present. lol

Can my Politoad learn Mud Bomb via Heart Scale since Poliwhirl learns Mud Bomb at Lv. 53?

Quote Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
    Can my Politoad learn Mud Bomb via Heart Scale since Poliwhirl learns Mud Bomb at Lv. 53?
    No, because according to Politoed's Pokedex page, Mud Bomb is a pre-evolution move.
    This means you can't teach it mud bomb via giving a heart scale to the move relearner, as only moves that the Pokemon learns by level up can be taught this way.

So if you want a Politoed with Mud Bomb, you would have to level up Poliwhirl to lv. 53 (or Poliwag to 41), teach it Mud Bomb then, then evolve it into Politoed. Also, you can have it learn Mud Bomb through breeding if both the mother and father know the move.

How would you get an Umbreon with the egg moves 'dark pulse' and 'night slash'?

Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    How would you get an Umbreon with the egg moves 'dark pulse' and 'night slash'?
    As far as I am aware, you cannot.

Eevee can not learn Night Slash or Dark Pulse at all, so you cannot breed an Eevee with these moves.

Umbreon also cannot learn Night Slash, and can only learn Dark Pulse via TM.

I´m trying to breed a Staryu with timid nature. I have a Ditto with timid nature which has everstone and i´ve hatched five eggs but none of them were timid. Staryu is genderless, doesn´t the everstone trick work because of that or am I just unlucky?
    We can do this the easy way, or we can do it Dawg-style!

I´m trying to breed a Staryu with timid nature. I have a Ditto with timid nature which has everstone and i´ve hatched five eggs but none of them were timid. Staryu is genderless, doesn´t the everstone trick work because of that or am I just unlucky?
    We can do this the easy way, or we can do it Dawg-style!

@Trapman - you're just unlucky
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by Trapman View Post
    If the Staryu was captured on a different language game than Ditto, the Everstone won't work. If you got one or both in trades, try replacing them with ones caught or bred on your own game. If they are from the same language games, you're just unlucky.

Okay, shoot me if this is a dumb question, but:

Serebii's move calculator says that I can get Selfdestruct and Curse on a Snorlax. Thing is, selfdestruct only comes on Munchlax out of the pokewalker and Curse is an egg move. So, what am I missing? How do I get both on the same pokemon? Thank you in advance. XD

Selfdestruct is a XD tutor move, so hatch a Snorlax 3rd gen with Curse, trade it to XD and teach it Selfdestruct, and then transfer it to your 4th gen game.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Selfdestruct is a XD tutor move, so hatch a Snorlax 3rd gen with Curse, trade it to XD and teach it Selfdestruct, and then transfer it to your 4th gen game.
    Oh, so that's how you do it! Thank you.

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast