Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2394

Thread: Breeding & Egg Move Chains Help/Discussion Thread - Egg Moves list & FAQ in 1st post!

Default Breeding in SoulSliver is hard

I didn't start breeding really seriously until I got black version, so I'm not to familiar with how things might be different in previous games. Right now, I'm breeding ralts in Soul Silver. I want to make a Gallade with drain punch. Since I never bred anything in this game before I got black, I was basically starting from scratch. I'm finding that passing on IVs is more difficult than it seems to be in black. I have an outstanding with max attack holding the power bracer and an outstanding with speed, holding nothing. If I were doing this in black, I would expect to hatch one that had both attack and speed pretty easily, but this just isn't happening in soul silver. I've probably hatched around fifty eggs. Every one I hatch has max speed or attack, and occasionally I'll get a different random max, but I have yet to get one that has two maxes. I'm not sure if passing IVs is just a lot more difficult in this game or maybe the IV guy in battle frontier is different from the one in battle subway, but I'm getting frustrated with this. Any suggestions?

Sorry this post was so long

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    I didn't start breeding really seriously until I got black version, so I'm not to familiar with how things might be different in previous games. Right now, I'm breeding ralts in Soul Silver. I want to make a Gallade with drain punch. Since I never bred anything in this game before I got black, I was basically starting from scratch. I'm finding that passing on IVs is more difficult than it seems to be in black. I have an outstanding with max attack holding the power bracer and an outstanding with speed, holding nothing. If I were doing this in black, I would expect to hatch one that had both attack and speed pretty easily, but this just isn't happening in soul silver. I've probably hatched around fifty eggs. Every one I hatch has max speed or attack, and occasionally I'll get a different random max, but I have yet to get one that has two maxes. I'm not sure if passing IVs is just a lot more difficult in this game or maybe the IV guy in battle frontier is different from the one in battle subway, but I'm getting frustrated with this. Any suggestions?

Sorry this post was so long
    Breeding in HGSS and BW are the same. And the Battle Frontier guy is different than the one in the Subway as he will only comment on 1 Flawless stat no matter how many your pokemon actually has.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Breeding in HGSS and BW are the same. And the Battle Frontier guy is different than the one in the Subway as he will only comment on 1 Flawless stat no matter how many your pokemon actually has.
    However, if you talk to him again, he'll comment on another flawless stat. For example, if you had a hex-flawless Pokémon, first he'll speak of HP, then if you talk to him again, he'll note that Attack can't be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I love Smeargle and his endless possibilities for egg-moves in the Ground egg-group
    And because of this, Smeargle is considered the Egg move/Breeding God.
    I also love Ditto. You can breed with that thing for almost any pokemon, even genderless.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Default egg move breeding

I've been doing quite a bit of egg move breeding lately and i'm looking for some help thinking of some interesting move sets to breed on pokes. What i'll offer is if you give a suggestion that I decide to do I will give you one of the resulting hatchlings. Also they may not technically be egg moves but any moves that are passed down via tm count for me as well. I have a complete dex and most tm's available. I have a post on the eggmove trading thread if you want to see what I've already got. Hoping to see some cool suggestions thanks in advance. You can pm me w/ suggestions
    Last edited by zzzz; 22nd February 2012 at 5:48 PM.

Okay, so I need a Timid Yanma with 31 Speed & SpAtk IVs. Is it possible to breed this without RNGing or hatching a billion eggs? Is it do-able or am I barking up the wrong Sudowoodo?

Here's what I have: a M Pinsir w/31 Spd IV. A F Ninjask with 31SpAtk IV. A bunch of Timid Yanma of both genders. And Power Items. Here's where I keep getting stuck:

Pinsir + Timid Yanma = Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV.
    Ninjask + Timid Yanma = Timid Yanma with 31 Sp Atk IV.

But if I put the resulting Yanma into daycare, in order to keep the Timid nature I must equip 1 with everstone, thereby losing the chance to pass on 1 of the parents' IVs. Any help, guys?

EDIT: thanks v much for the tips, people. I got it done in the end. Perseverance!!
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 17th March 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Give one of them an everstone and the other a power item. One of the IVs will be guaranteed to be inherited, and you'll just have to keep hatching until you get the other one.
    Pearl FC is 1761 9576 5676, White FC 3310 3986 5019, If you're interested in a pokemon i've posted, and you have something i could be interested in (see below) please PM me. Trade thread here. i also offer custom breeding services, for a price.

Want: female DW Sableye, Offering: Most other good DW females

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Okay, so I need a Timid Yanma with 31 Speed & SpAtk IVs. Is it possible to breed this without RNGing or hatching a billion eggs? Is it do-able or am I barking up the wrong Sudowoodo?

Here's what I have: a M Pinsir w/31 Spd IV. A F Ninjask with 31SpAtk IV. A bunch of Timid Yanma of both genders. And Power Items. Here's where I keep getting stuck:

But if I put the resulting Yanma into daycare, in order to keep the Timid nature I must equip 1 with everstone, thereby losing the chance to pass on 1 of the parents' IVs. Any help, guys?
    The easiest way to do it is to check the IVs of your all Yanma's, check of one of those have either 31 spa IV or 31 spe IV, get a flawless ditto (or something), or just the ninjask/pinsir give them the power items and breed until you get a timid one, breeding for a perfect nature is faster than fir a perfect IV.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

Pinsir with Power Anklet + Timid Yanma with Everstone = Female Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV.
    Then
    Female Timid Yanma with 31Spd IV holding everstone + Male ninjask holding power lens = Timid Yamna with 31 SpA & Spe IVs

It shouldn't take a billion eggs, maybe a hundred if you're unlucky.
    iirc, in gen 4 the ability and nature are set before you pick up the egg, but the IVs are only set when you pick up the egg. You could always save in front of the guy, hatch an egg until you find one that has a timid nature then just soft reset until that egg hatches with the IVs you want.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I am completely confused on hatching for a shiny. I have been looking at every method there is masuda method, RNG and other things. I think i have overwhelmed myself and just dont understand now. All I want is shiny charmander but the method I am using is just hacthing eggs nothing special that its I'm only at around like 150 eggs hatched. Can anyones shed any light on this subject?

Quote Originally Posted by channingtatum View Post
    I am completely confused on hatching for a shiny. I have been looking at every method there is masuda method, RNG and other things. I think i have overwhelmed myself and just dont understand now. All I want is shiny charmander but the method I am using is just hacthing eggs nothing special that its I'm only at around like 150 eggs hatched. Can anyones shed any light on this subject?
    I know how you feel, I've passed 900 eggs for my shiny charmander and still nothing.

Anyways, Masuda Method means breeding two pokemon from different language games to increase your chance of hatching a shiny egg. In Gen 4 I believe the chances go from 1/8192 to 1/1639. You can get foreign pokemon from the GTS if you don't know anyone with a different language game from yours.

RNG abuse is when you use a program to determine where your shiny will be and then calculating what you have to do to get to it. (For example, how many times to flip the magikarp coin in your poketch)
    I'm not very familiar with RNG abuse, so that's a very basic explanation. You can find RNG threads around serebii and get more information there.

I like using Masuda Method, just because RNG abuse feels like cheating to me. The pokemon are legitimately created in your game, so it's not hacking or anything... but somehow hatching 1000+ eggs for a shiny makes it more special.

Dangertrout, the odds are 1/1339 in Gen 5. In Gen 4 it's 1/2039 or something like that.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I've been having a problem lately i hope someone can help me solve. For some reason my power anklet doesnt seem to work with speed ivs. Ive given to my ditto with max speed and also tried it with my dragonite with max speed ivs, butthe offspring dot always get the iv, flr example, i just bred for 2 dratini with my 31 speed dragonite holding the anklet, but the offspring only had around 8 and 20 speed. Am O doing something wrong?
    "Nothing gold can stay"

"This place is not for the weak" -blessthefall

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Gold View Post
    I've been having a problem lately i hope someone can help me solve. For some reason my power anklet doesnt seem to work with speed ivs. Ive given to my ditto with max speed and also tried it with my dragonite with max speed ivs, butthe offspring dot always get the iv, flr example, i just bred for 2 dratini with my 31 speed dragonite holding the anklet, but the offspring only had around 8 and 20 speed. Am O doing something wrong?
    Which game are you breeding in? The power item mechanic was introduced in HGSS, so if you're breeding in DPPt, giving your Pokemon the Power Anklet won't guarantee that the offspring will inherit the Speed IV.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Dangertrout, the odds are 1/1339 in Gen 5. In Gen 4 it's 1/2039 or something like that.
    Hmm, then bulbapedia has failed me >.< "Masuda's method lets players breed Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin with a 1/1639 (Generation IV) or 1/1366 (Generation V) probability of being Shiny upon hatching. "

@Stay Gold, in addition to what Aquarelle said, if both pokemon are holding power items the game will randomly choose which power item to activate.

Would anyone be willing to do a breeding project for me? I do not care if it's RNGd or not - I've attempted it myself and it's driving me crazy. Looking for:

Miltank, Female, Adamant
    Outstanding or Relatively Superior IVs overall
    Can't be Better IVs in either Attack or Speed, preferably both
    w/ Hammer Arm egg move
    Must be unhatched, still in the egg when traded to me.

If you could do this for me, please drop me a PM stating what you'd like in return, and I'll see what I can do. I have a ton of evo stones, rare Rowap Berries and access to all pokemon (non-legendary) gens 1-4.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I have actually figured out some chains from the OP funnily enough...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I've been doing quite a bit of egg move breeding lately and i'm looking for some help thinking of some interesting move sets to breed on pokes. What i'll offer is if you give a suggestion that I decide to do I will give you one of the resulting hatchlings. Also they may not technically be egg moves but any moves that are passed down via tm count for me as well. I have a complete dex and most tm's available. I have a post on the eggmove trading thread if you want to see what I've already got. Hoping to see some cool suggestions thanks in advance. You can pm me w/ suggestions

I'm trying to breed a beldum and it keeps getting 31 iv in hp but all the other stats are crap. I found out that my ditto has 31 in its hp iv, and I don't want to spend time catching another adamant dittos ever again since I spent literally hours on it with synchronize. Can I get a hatch a good beldum and breed it with ditto to make a better beldum or my iv's will totally be influenced by the ditto only?

yes you can hatch a good beldum and replace with one you are currently using. both parents determine iv's not jus the ditto alone
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Has anyone figured out why the GTS (4th gen) never has any foriegn named/OT'd Squirtle for trade?
    (Tim): Oh BOY!! I caught myself a new pokemon!!! it's so awesome i can be the pokemon champion now!!
    1 day later...
    (Tim): Another victory!!
    (Me): But... you lost... Again...
    (Tim): Did you see how awesome my pokemon was!! My pokemon did great in that battle!!
    (Me): ... So why are you running to the pokemon center so fast?
    (Tim): I gotta make sure my pokemon are good for the next battle!!!!!
    (Me): ... Don't make me destroy the pokemon center with my Rampardos, then crush it in with Tyranitar to make it part of the landscape... Then i'll feed you to my Slaking.
    (Tim): ... Hey look!! Someone else to chellenge!!
    (Me): ... *facepalm

I want an Aggron with body slam and head smash. Is this possible? I have cranidos with head smash and bred it with a female cranidos and that worked fine. I am just confused as to how to get body slam to aggron=/
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinzqx View Post
    I want an Aggron with body slam and head smash. Is this possible? I have cranidos with head smash and bred it with a female cranidos and that worked fine. I am just confused as to how to get body slam to aggron=/
    Not sure if you've figured this out / had this answered yet, but there are no pokemon that learn both those moves to breed with Aron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Not sure if you've figured this out / had this answered yet, but there are no pokemon that learn both those moves to breed with Aron.
    Oh snaps you're right. I was going to suggest using smergle, but hes in the ground egg group and aggron is from the monster egg group.
    Embrace

A breeder joyously hatches a riolu for a client. To the dismay of the hatchling, the client never returns to claim him. Faced with an abandoned pokémon, the breeder vows to find the riolu's trainer and family.
    (Better banner coming soon.)
    Current - Chapter 1: The Client.

Coming up - Re-writing Chapter 2

Spoiler:- 4th Gen Eggmove (Any Nature/Gender):

Hi, I was wondering if a Treecko could know all these moves: Leaf Storm, Crush Claw, Synthesis and DragonBreath at level 1. Is it possible to say, chain-breed one or something? Thanks in advance!

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast