Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

dang you paul that torterra should be ash's turtwig in the future but turtwig might beat that torterra.I just noticed paul's torterra knows frenzy plant.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

looks like a cool episode i just hope someone posts it on youtube soon but meh it just aired yesterday so i doubt it'll be up
    The awesome Dragonite has been claimed by me.

What attacks did garchomp use to finish off murkrow and torterra and what did murkrow use against giga impact? I don't think I've seen them before.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (^started by SapphireL!)

VS. Murkrow: Giga Impact. Murkrow countered with Sky Attack.
    VS. Torterra: Brick Break

It is true that Paul didn't expect to win the full fight against Cynthia, but he did want to take out at least Garchomp.

What he did was to use random Pokémon he didn't expect to beat it anyway, until Giga Impact would show up. He'd then take advantage of Garchomp being unable to move for a moment to have his Torterra drain its energy.

Also, he did participate in the respective leagues for the regions he travelled in, of course. He merely said that he has yet to win a tournament.

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm blue in the face for Takeda to be fired. Oh well, it was one of his better directed episodes I admit, but out of all characters, it was really only Cynthia who looked surprisingly good - with the rest being either acceptable or meh.

Speaking of Cynthia, she was very entertaining. We got to see many different sides from her, including a bit of what one wouldn't really expect from a "Champion character", like when it took her one hour (60 MINUTES!) to choose her ice cream flavor. I had to laugh at that. Would've never expected Team Rocket (especially Jessie) to have so much patience XD

I thought the script was good enough as a whole, but could they please stop having Ash greet Paul in a friendly way? I thought they had quit that after DP006, but then they did it again -_-

Not complaining about Ash defending Paul when he got laughed at (that was one of my favorite scenes in fact), but what the writers did was making Ash go all, "Uh..what the heck are YOU doing here?" in DP015, only convert back to a "yay friendz" attitude this time, which I'd definitely label as inconsistency.

Those kiddies in the background were funny and annoying at the same time. They made the same comments that I'd make if it hadn't been Paul who was battling Cynthia, but when they started laughing at him...no. Instead I started laughing when they went dead-silent the second Ash told them to shut up. Haha!

There was an awesome piece of music (which unfortunately played way too quiet IMO) when Paul calls out Torterra, I assume it's from the games...?

Quote Originally Posted by Crask
    Anyway, what do the unown ruins translate to? I have the Japanese message as: FRIEND
    SUBETE NO INOCHI HA
    BETSU NO INOCHI TO DEAI
    NANIKA WO UMIDASU
    If you don't mind if I destroy the harmonic sounding text, here:
    Friend
    Every living being
    Encounters other living beings
    And gives birth to [originates] something

Or something. Cynthia additionally explained that whenever someone meets new people (or new Pokémon), those are going to change him/her in some way.

I'll definitely be happy whenever Cynthia is announced to come back, and the same goes for Paul obviously. I'm interested to see how his team will look like in the end.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

did croagunk stop his poison jab on brock or did he hit but no effect...like he has built up an imuneity

when i saw torterra i was like......."sigh"....."eh it's paul what do excpect".

Good ep.

Why didn't Shinji have Manyula get out of the way of that Dragon Dive? Manyula (ice-type) could have won that if it had just moved about a bit what a perfect waste of Double-type advantage. If Ash ever faces Shirona and Garchomop, I say Glalie all the way.

So Ash and Shinji have been battling about the same amount of time. Interesting. Wonder what Shinji has in reserve...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

seeing as paul has a torterra this probably means that ash's turtwig probably won's go through to his last evolution *sigh* unless there is a stupid torterra vs. torterra battle in the pokemon league
    Friend Code: 2878 8990 8001
    PM me for battle

i feel sorry for chimchar...

i think paul i such a grouche is maybe he has an older brother that messes with him or he just grew up getting bullied

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaguy373 View Post
    seeing as paul has a torterra this probably means that ash's turtwig probably won's go through to his last evolution *sigh* unless there is a stupid torterra vs. torterra battle in the pokemon league
    dude what are you talking about that would be awesome!

frenzy plant vs. earthquake or leaf storm

dude i would make popcorn and a giant litter of mountain dew
    and that day would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by scissorX View Post
    Prehaps the reason Pauls keeping Chimchar is because he knows somebody who has one and it was able to take down his Turtwig.. For all we know Paul could have loads of rivals, and being beaten by them could be what makes him so bitter.
    That could also be why he only wants strong types because He wants to beat them without having to stop every once in a while and train the ones he has.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Like when it took her one hour (60 MINUTES!) to choose her ice cream flavor.
    It took her that long? xDDD

My liking of her has definetly been taken up another level, that's for sure xDDDD

Or something. Cynthia additionally explained that whenever someone meets new people (or new Pokémon), those are going to change him/her in some way.
    Sounds like she's describing Filler Episodes. XD

Garchomp owning a whole team is pretty much exactly what you can do with a Sword Dancer in the game.

do you think ash will fight shirona?

i wonder if he'll win the championship this season...hmm

i would love to see him fight the elite 4!

Definetly a great episode (cant speak japanese) Torterra and Garchomp were very impressive. what was the attack Garchomp used to finish off Torterra?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Garchomp is pobably the only pokemon for me that looks extremely intimidating and since it defeated so many pokemons without problems then I can see why it's considered an uber.

Wow, that was a great and informational episode. It seems Paul wants to release his chimchar but for some reason cannot, may be a he is waiting for some worthy trainer to get it, thats why he is challanging Ash, so that 1 day he gets stronger and hands his chmchar to Ash. Or may be some emotional probles or bugging him as many told. Any way its great to know that he is not a beggining trainer, his torterra already knows frenzy plant, so that means he must have been having it from a long time. And its surprising to not see his elekid, it may be beacue he released it( most propably not) or that he already know that garchomp is part groung type. It would be great to know more about him, and i am waiting for more character bio's updates.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuthula View Post
    Thanks man, thats a great help.
    np im glad i got to watch the episode too

Wow, cant wait for the translations, Cynthia is like she knows all the pokemon in the world, ofcourse she is the champion, but .... she is different, strong and good looking .

Did Paul learn anything in this ep?

hmm maybe shirona had an impact on him..maybe not

He did seem to learn something...at least hear about it...

I liked this episode. Seeing Garchomp battle was really interesting, though I would have preferred if Cynthia released another one of her PKM (at least showed it).

Also, the scene Cynthia buying ice cream from Team Rocket was quite interesting, too.

Posting to the episodes directly is not allowed, so sorry guys but I had to delete your posts. ;_; As much as I like to watch said episodes themselves, especially one with an Elite Four member. You can still say you've found the episodes on Youtube and the like, and from there I'm sure people can PM/Find the episodes themselves so it's kinda like a nice loophole.

Not seen this episode yet, but finding out Shinji isn't a starting trainer but one that's travelled several regions before is interesting. I hope we get flashbacks to his previous adventures... like a flashback to Roxanne.

Possibly with no clothes on.

Anyway, not too keen on Cynthia myself at the moment, but this episode sounds good.

This was an amazing episode and one of my favorites! Cynthia's charater was awesome. She wasn't a serious type of character and she had some humorous scenes (like picking out the ice cream).

Paul being an experienced trainer was also great to hear. It really makes you wonder what he did during the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn regions and what he caught to.

Now Croagunk in this episode stopping Poison Jab was priceless as well. Not to mention seeing Lucian and the Palkia/Dialga gems was cool too. So yeah, this is an awesome episode and I hope we get to see more from Paul and Cynthia.

how did Paul get Torterra...I thought that Ash was gonna get one

Wow Torterra is powerful. I actually thought it might've had a chance of winning against Garchomp. So the other pokemon were just testing against Garchomps Battle style, right?

I felt bad for Chimchar *sniff*.I hope it gets treated right. I feel its been a bit shafted though. I hope the writers focus on it as much as Piplup and Turtwig.

Those kids in the background were idiots. I'd like to see them fare against the Champion.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 20th July 2007 at 4:49 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast