Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    If you don't mind if I destroy the harmonic sounding text, here:
    Friend
    Every living being
    Encounters other living beings
    And gives birth to [originates] something
    Friendship
    All lives touch other lives to create something anew and alive - Solcaeon Ruins

In other words, this is the same Unown text as in Solcaeon Ruins.

EDIT: Just saw the episode, and my previous statement still stands. This was EPIC.

And Cynthia-Croagunk interaction was AWESOME and FRIGGIN HILARIOUS.
    Last edited by Jonah; 20th July 2007 at 7:13 PM.
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

I watch this episode. I learn that Paul is not a newbie and he been to Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn. I also learn that his starter was Turtwig. The battle was awesome. It's kind of hard to beleive that he a long term trainer. He treat pokmon so bad. Cynthia was awesome at battling. Her Garchomp was awesome. I love the battle. I just can't wait to watch in english. But I wonder what Paul did in the other regions?
    Always and forever be a Pokemon fan no matter wht happens or how old I am.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm is there any point of being happy?

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Someone mentioned the text on the Dialga and Palkia plaque was simmilar to a line in the games in the Solaceon ruins about Spiritomb (meeting people, 32 exactly, you get him) and since Cynthia has one in the games she's probably on her way to get one.

It would be great to know more about more of Pauls pokemons, and Ash's left behind pokemons like pidgeot, butterfree, primape and more, hope he atleat brings one back for his journey in shinou .

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    There was an awesome piece of music (which unfortunately played way too quiet IMO) when Paul calls out Torterra, I assume it's from the games...?
    It’s from the 8th movie Sushi, though it sort of jumps ahead from time to time. Y’know the part where everyone first encounters Regirock after bursts out from underground? It sort of plays the first couple of seconds from the piece, then sort of skips to the point where Registeel stomps on one of Kid’s ickle drill robots.
    ….Hmm. When someone is capable of pointing out something like that, you just know they’re a Grade ’A’ geek.

Anyhow, this one proved itself to be enjoyable.
    I loved the battle, despite the fact that all it really amounted to were a bunch of quick knock-outs. It’s very rare to see a battle in the show where one side’s team faces complete decimation, and usually when it does happen, the methods that lead to the conclusion are often less than satisfactory. This time however, there was a rhyme and a reason for one side’s defeat, and as such it was believable. So props to the writers for handling that well. Especially Shinji’s reaction to Frenzy Plant being completely ineffective against Garchomp :P
    I also like how, since we first met Shinji, it's become increasingly obvious that something is brewing between him and Hiko. He's the only pokémon we've seen Shinji openly scold on more than one occasion, inside and out of it's pokéball, so they've definitely building up to some sort of ~:exciting plot point:~. Hiko turning on Shinji? An event that brings trainer and pokémon together? I can't wait to see it unfold, even if it'll more than likely culminate into the dreaded 'nicening' of Shinji.

And damn. Sky Attack certainly was downgraded in the looks department. The move doesn’t exactly live up to it’s (original!) name. Speaking of which; Here’s to God Bird vs. Muku.GOD in the distant future.
    Because I couldn't exit this thread without saying it ~

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Posting to the episodes directly is not allowed, so sorry guys but I had to delete your posts. ;_; As much as I like to watch said episodes themselves, especially one with an Elite Four member. You can still say you've found the episodes on Youtube and the like, and from there I'm sure people can PM/Find the episodes themselves so it's kinda like a nice loophole.

Not seen this episode yet, but finding out Shinji isn't a starting trainer but one that's travelled several regions before is interesting. I hope we get flashbacks to his previous adventures... like a flashback to Roxanne.

Possibly with no clothes on.

Anyway, not too keen on Cynthia myself at the moment, but this episode sounds good.
    sorry i didn't know it wasnt allowed

i just tought of doing something nice

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    how did Paul get Torterra...I thought that Ash was gonna get one
    just because he has a torterra doesnt mean ash cant get one

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuthula View Post
    It would be great to know more about more of Pauls pokemons, and Ash's left behind pokemons like pidgeot, butterfree, primape and more, hope he atleat brings one back for his journey in shinou .
    primape is in-training at some local fighting gym (not an official)

I usually don't watch RAW Japanese episodes because I don't understand a lick of Japanese but I really wanted to see Cynthia in action.

This is a really good episode mostly because I enjoyed watching Paul getting his a** handed to him by Cynthia! That cocky little rodent's ego must be really brusied. Who did he think he is sending a Chimchar, Weavile, and Murkrow against a Garchomp? Hello?! Her name is "champion" Cynthia for a reason.

Does anyone know what happened near the end with the clip on the television? I think it had something to do with the legendaries. I heard Dialga's name mentioned in that clip.

I think they found the Lustrous Orb of Palkia, which is like the Adamant Orb (or really Dialga's Beach Volleyball) that's at Eterna Museum.

And Yuuka...alone. I was hoping we'd hear a "SUMIMASEN!" before it was all done and said, but I KNOW Sam Sumimasen will grace our presence soon.

Thanks for the link.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

I gotta wonder too what else Paul has in his arsenal of Pokemon. Besides, it makes mroe sense that he beat Ash now, but I still wanna see Ash beat him.

It was good to see he is beatable, especially since his opponent was Cynthia. I kinda wonder what Cynthia was saying while tending to Paul's Pokemon.

Plus, Croagunk getting bashful when Cynthia looked at him; CLASSIC. Instant classic scene in the episode.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Good episode indeed. Finding more info on Paul was great and the battles were awesome. I enjoyed it all around and can't wait for Paul to return.

I KNEW IT!I EFFING KNEW IT!

Ehem, sorry. But I just am so happy this episode proved everyone that thought Pual's a newbie wrong. He's been a trainer AT LEAST as long as Ahs has! And it ha sbeen confirmed now.

Em, er yeah. Yay Cyntiha and Garchomp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Was Garchomp female? I didn't notice the split in the dorsal fin that the male Garchomp has. Maybe I'm mistaken...

So from what I've read and seen so far...

-Paul's more experienced than most people thought he was(finally, one of the ongoing arguments around here settled)
    -Cynthia doesn't care if she potentially damages priceless ancient tablets by touching them with her bare hands after eating ice cream right next to them. Tsk tsk!
    -Disrespect for priceless ancient writings aside, Cynthia taking an HOUR to decide what flavor of ice cream she wanted is priceless(but neither ancient nor writings on a tablet).
    -See people, THERE'S that Murkrow you kept wanting to see every time Paul appeared! Happy now?
    -Ash apparently sticks up for Paul when people laughed at him? I guess Ash is still a nice guy even towards his worst enemies. Not that that's news.
    -Cynthia's Garchomp abuses Giga Impact in the anime almost as much as it does in the games. Amusing.
    -That's twice now that Ash has just so happened to encounter an E4 member right after seeing them battle on TV. I do hope the writers think of new ways to introduce other E4 members this region, amusing as this could be if they kept with it.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I think I'd buy the 'he was a trainer in other regions!' more if he had a different third-stage starter. Like a Swampert or something. But Torterra is an awesome pokemon so I am not complaining.

The battle-scene was okay, but I really like Shinji. And the context of the fight was neat. With Shinji trying so desperately to 'prove himself'. Obviously I couldn't understand what was going on, though. :P

I liked Garchomp too, and the thing felt really... serious. I dunno why. I do not watch much of the original so maybe it is from so much 4Kids exposure that I assume that Pokemon is silly even in a heated battle.

I'd love to see the vid of the kids laughing at Paul.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Cool so Paul has a Torterra!

I hope this means Ash won't now not evolve his neatle into one now! If so Neatle better still evolve into his 2nd stage!

I can't wait to see Ashs and Pauls final battle in the league! Maybe a Torterra vs Torterra Or Torterra vs Serpentile!

I kinda wish pual had not had a weavile as i HATE weavils look in the anime! He should of had a water type like a crawdaunt or something!

Finally its gd to see he still has old Ursuring!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

This may seem very far out but I was thinking maybe Paul went into the future by Dialga and Paul stole Ash's Torterra in the future. You think?

This was a pretty great episode.

I'm actually going to be really annoyed if the writers don't have Ash win the Sinnoh league this time, because there is massive foreshadowing of him challenging the Elite 4...especially if the other three Elite's show up as well.

I really want to see Ash battle Cynthia as the conclusion of the D/P series, (and maybe even Ash's arc in general?), and it would be a fantastic final match to watch.

awesome episode with indepth story
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

what was that attack that Garchomp's blades were glowing and it attacked Torterra?

I just thought of something. If Paul been to all the regions like Ash then I figure Paul must be the old rival from G/S. He even looks like him!

Spoiler:- Paul G/S:

See what I mean!

This episode surprised me, and yes my intentions about Paul is he is not a newbie, thank u! Lots of people who now drawing the conclusion that its broken, omg Ash Turwig won't evolve or Paul abandon Chimchar rumors strarting, I'm not jumping to it right now. Since anything could still happen at this point.

Cynthia character was interesting, she showed she could be your everyday person who stills enjoys anything like everyone else which I like about.

The battle was insane, her Garchomp was like a uber POkemon, but in this episode it looked like it was Paul's turn to learn a lesson.

And wow, a elite and champion around about 6 episodes is something new here.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast