Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 232

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Yeah Ash is going to show Paul how to lose lol at this rate lol.
    Well, maybe the writers will bring back Glalie. Frankly, I miss the little demon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CabbyFish View Post
    Oh yeah, there was no healing glow. I don't really know the Japanese names for any of the attacks so seeing the way Garchomp was attacked, I assumed it was Giga Drain. I guess I was wrong.
    I hope so. No offence.
    Last edited by uber gon; 4th August 2007 at 7:14 AM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  3. #128

    Default

    Back from holidays. As always they have to make the episode bad when there was no need. Seeing Dotaitos this early was the worst thing they could have done, it's sensless and all the emotion is gone. It makes Shinji a very unrealistic character. Appart from that the epsiode wasn't special, it's me or less things happen in the episodes nowadays? In the past there was a story in each episode with well developed characters and lots of different environments.


    ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Holy crap, Maestro, I thought you vanished off the face of the planet! (though maybe it was just wishful thinking, who knows) We missed you greatly. It's very good to have you back, as this place was seriously unfunny and UN-DRAMATIC without you.

    Now that the sappy re-introduction is out of the way, what in the blazes does Dotaitos have to do with "emotion"? What emotion? The fact that you said it makes Shinji an unrealistic character makes me believe that you missed the part where we finally confirmed that Shinji is NOT a beginner, as Torterra is his starter and he has actually traveled to kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. Or you just choose to ignore details.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 4th August 2007 at 9:55 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    And you guys have the nerve to call me funny? Ingrates!

    Oh! Oh! Maestro, you should totally try to rip the ravioli stuffing out of the 'Pikachu in Charge' episode. But as a word of warning; The sheer childishness will make you drop a deuce.
    ….Though I guess it'd be a nice change to have it come out somewhere other than the pie-hole?


    Staying on topic: Oh snap, Cynthia had a GARCHOMP?! When the hell did that hap- sorry - TRANSPIRE?!

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well, maybe the writers will bring back Glalie. Frankly, I miss the little demon.
    If Weavile couldn't damage Garchomp chances are Glalie won't either should Ash ever fight her.

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The fact that you said it makes Shinji an unrealistic character makes me believe that you missed the part where we finally confirmed that Shinji is NOT a beginner, as Torterra is his starter and he has actually traveled to kanto, Johto, and Hoenn.
    I do like the fact he's been established as an experianced trainer, and it now makes that tie battle he first had with Ash more believeable, but I am not happy with him possesing Torterra, and they didn't need to give him that.

  7. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Holy crap, Maestro, I thought you vanished off the face of the planet! (though maybe it was just wishful thinking, who knows) We missed you greatly. It's very good to have you back, as this place was seriously unfunny and UN-DRAMATIC without you.

    Now that the sappy re-introduction is out of the way, what in the blazes does Dotaitos have to do with "emotion"? What emotion? The fact that you said it makes Shinji an unrealistic character makes me believe that you missed the part where we finally confirmed that Shinji is NOT a beginner, as Torterra is his starter and he has actually traveled to kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. Or you just choose to ignore details.

    Precisely that's why its unreaslitic, he took Turtwig as a starter and instead of fighting against Shinou leaders he went to...Kanto? Hoenn? Does not make sense. And of course it takes the emotion, seeing both trainers train their starter Pokemon so they would fight in the end had its em otion, now Shinji has a 3rd stage while Ash has a Turtwig. They ruined the whole plot.


    ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

  8. #133

    Default

    This is an extremely bittersweet and akward moment.

    But honestly...what does emotion have to do with anything? Paul still has his Chimchar which they've been building up as Turtwig's rival.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,915

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Paul still has his Chimchar which they've been building up as Turtwig's rival.
    Which pretty much was negated the moment Torterra came out(since now people think there will be a Torterra vs Torterra fight, which i doubt), they didn't have to give Paul that thing, and now Ash's Turtwig is pretty much cheated out of becoming one, heck it may not even evolve now period.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    475

    Default

    I cant help but think that when paul revealed his that later in the show ash's will evolve into a and eventually battle pauls and evolve into a and ash will finally kick pauls butt.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neptune_84 View Post
    I cant help but think that when paul revealed his that later in the show ash's will evolve into a and eventually battle pauls and evolve into a and ash will finally kick pauls butt.
    Well, what attack could Ash's (eventual, maybe) Torterra learn to beat Paul's Torterra? GRASS KNOT, perhaps.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well, what attack could Ash's (eventual, maybe) Torterra learn to beat Paul's Torterra? GRASS KNOT, perhaps.
    I would personally beat Ash over the head if he tries to fight Paul's with anythin other than Torcoal or when they get to the league.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    I would personally beat Ash over the head if he tries to fight Paul's with anythin other than Torcoal or when they get to the league.
    Well what about?

    If it learned AVALANCHE, it'd be unstoppable.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Where ever I may roam
    Posts
    629

    Default

    what were Garchomps moves? I thought I saw Dragon Rush and Steel Wing
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLucario View Post
    what were Garchomps moves? I thought I saw Dragon Rush and Steel Wing
    It used Dig and Brick Break, too.
    Pokemon Diamond Name: Rudoku
    FC: 4510 6941 7678
    PM me for a possible battle.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well what about?

    If it learned AVALANCHE, it'd be unstoppable.
    I agree. Torterra has a x4 Ice Weakness and a x2 Fire Weakness. The best and most intelligent choice would be to chose Glalie.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I agree. Torterra has a x4 Ice Weakness and a x2 Fire Weakness. The best and most intelligent choice would be to chose Glalie.
    That, and he's so cool (literally.) I mean, the writers could give him SHEER COLD, Glalie blasts Torterra, freeze and instant win for Ash.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Where ever I may roam
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoku View Post
    It used Dig and Brick Break, too.
    Cyntheias?
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLucario View Post
    Cyntheias?
    Yeah, it was Cynthia's Garchomp.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Yeah, that stinked. I'd love to see Aggron some more I hope we see a flashback episode, explaining some things about Paul. (When his Turtwig evolved and such.) I think Paul has some kind of an emotional problem, his mommy probably didn't like him much. Or his father told him it's all about power. I'm psychic :P
    He was obviously a trainer like Ash who got his rear kicked and decided to be tougher.

    I noticed something today that I think might just be me going crazy... but does Shinji resemble Hunter J? I mean they're not like twins or anything, but their facial shapes are similar.

    Anyway, watched the episode. It could have been better but the battle was pretty sweet. Just wish that we could have seen more of Cynthia's pokemon.

    Anyway, here's to seeing Cynthia again. Perhaps possibly with Shinji again...

    Can anyone tell me what she said to Shinji when they were in the Pokemon Centre? Just after she was healing his Torterra?
    Last edited by Aldrius; 5th September 2007 at 1:47 AM.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    He was obviously a trainer like Ash who got his rear kicked and decided to be tougher.

    I noticed something today that I think might just be me going crazy... but does Shinji resemble Hunter J? I mean they're not like twins or anything, but their facial shapes are similar.

    Anyway, watched the episode. It could have been better but the battle was pretty sweet. Just wish that we could have seen more of Cynthia's pokemon.

    Anyway, here's to seeing Cynthia again. Perhaps possibly with Shinji again...

    Can anyone tell me what she said to Shinji when they were in the Pokemon Centre? Just after she was healing his Torterra?
    Don't know, but it probably has something to do about how he treats his pokémon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Precisely that's why its unreaslitic, he took Turtwig as a starter and instead of fighting against Shinou leaders he went to...Kanto? Hoenn? Does not make sense. And of course it takes the emotion, seeing both trainers train their starter Pokemon so they would fight in the end had its em otion, now Shinji has a 3rd stage while Ash has a Turtwig. They ruined the whole plot.
    Sinnoh's gym leaders seem to be, on average, more challenging than any of the other regions. It's fully possible, and this is just pure rationalizing that the writer's probably didn't even consider, that Paul decided to travel first before conquering his home region's league. There's no rule that states that Pokemon trainers HAVE to participate in certain regions at certain times.

    As for Paul owning a Torterra, it's bittersweet for me. I love Torterra, and seeing one in the anime makes me happy; however, I was hoping that Ash would be the one to own it because I'd like to how he copes using a slow-moving Pokemon that DOESN'T have a shell to turtle up in.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Sinnoh's gym leaders seem to be, on average, more challenging than any of the other regions. It's fully possible, and this is just pure rationalizing that the writer's probably didn't even consider, that Paul decided to travel first before conquering his home region's league. There's no rule that states that Pokemon trainers HAVE to participate in certain regions at certain times.

    As for Paul owning a Torterra, it's bittersweet for me. I love Torterra, and seeing one in the anime makes me happy; however, I was hoping that Ash would be the one to own it because I'd like to how he copes using a slow-moving Pokemon that DOESN'T have a shell to turtle up in.
    We'll see Ash with a Torterra. Not anytime soon, but someday.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1

    Talking

    I don't care about Paul, all I know is that Cynthia is gonna own him! W00T for Cynthia!

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafblade16 View Post
    I don't care about Paul, all I know is that Cynthia is gonna own him! W00T for Cynthia!
    She's the E4 champion of the Sinnoh region, what'd you expect?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •