Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

Great episode.

I'm so glad that we finally got to see Paul's Murkrow.

The battle was awesome. Garchomp looks cool in the anime, as well as Torterra. I hope all the elites show up in the anime.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a US shiny Gengar code!
    I have a EU shiny Gengar code to trade in return!

YEAH Garchomp and Torterra, two of my favourite Pokémon making their Animé appearance! Garchomp looks very cool and Frenzy Plant on Garchomp was nice too:P

This was a really nice episode.

Good Points:
    -Cynthia's voice was so cute, yet quite soothing at times. Let's hope they keep her voice similar in the English version.
    -Garchomp is so powerful. He even knows how to block an attack like Frenzy Plant wihout even Cynthia telling it to. Major props.
    -This is the first time we see Giga Drain in the anime, and it was wicked too. Poor Garchomp.
    -Cynthia's so delightful and upbeat, and in battle she is so calm and controlling. This champion really knows how to work herself.
    -We get to finally see Paul's entire team for the moment (minus Elekid from episode 3). Paul could've did much better with Weavile if he wanted to.
    -Team Rocket are acually running a legitamite business (ice cream stand) with Cynthia buys mercindice (ice cream) from it? That's a plus even for them.

This episode really deserves 10 stars. The only downside is that I don't know a word of Japanese, but as I don't bother to try to understand what's going on through what they're saying, it doesn't really distract the enjoyment of the episode.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

*didn't yell at anyone for posting up links to the episode, just pointed out a rule and even said sorry* :/

Seriously, we all know where to watch the episode, and we all do it just a matter of using common sense.

I'm thinking that Shinji is the representation of Silver that we never got to see apart from the intro to the Raikou Special. It's definatly not him, the hair colour and face are different and Silver started out in Johto anyway. Well, we assume he did. Their teams are similar also, Shinji using token 'Dark' looking Pokemon, only caring about Pokemon that are strong, etc. Hence why we should have had Silver back in Johto- How awesome would that have made the series?

Not too keen on Cynthia. :< She's the token upbeat, happy girl but can be cool and mysterious when she wants to be. I dunno, that just irks me.

I'm looking forward to Aaron though.

Well, I have seen the episode, and I expected more of this one. Just because, when there was came a preview, there was a lot of commotion around here. In this episode all our questions were answered: Does paul really has a torterra? Why does he has that wicked smile on his face? Well, he has indeed a torterra, the pokemon I didn't expected that he would have. But yeah, what to do about it. Afterall, it was cool to see Cynthia, and she really is the pokémon champion, never seen such a sweet winning. I'm glad Paul lost finally, too bad Ash didn't battle, maybe next time.

Strong Garchomp dudette! Nice murkrow dude!

BTW that Giga Impact was very impressive, just awesome!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

The battle was insane, her Garchomp was like a uber POkemon, but in this episode it looked like it was Paul's turn to learn a lesson.
    I'll bet he didn't though.
    If it goes out like Lance's victory over Silver, Paul might actually change.

Team Rocket are acually running a legitamite business (ice cream stand) with Cynthia buys mercindice (ice cream) from it? That's a plus even for them.
    Yeah but where did they get that ice cream?

What bugs me is what Cynthia said.
    What did she say?

Overall it's was a great episode.

When I first saw Paul, my reaction was "OMG! It's the GSC Rival!"

I still think that now. Paul is a Silver clone. Silver is awesome. Therefore, Paul is awesome. But that's one thing we already knew.
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

Yeah, we've been hearing that a lot. ^_^'

The one thing I didn't like is that Ash's pokemons didn't appear in the episode. I just thought that it would be cooler if Ash's pokemons watched the battle. Not something to take into consideration to judge the episode,though.

Cynthia and the Ice cream = Cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by CabbyFish View Post
    This was a really nice episode.

Good Points:
    -Cynthia's voice was so cute, yet quite soothing at times. Let's hope they keep her voice similar in the English version.
    -Garchomp is so powerful. He even knows how to block an attack like Frenzy Plant wihout even Cynthia telling it to. Major props.
    -This is the first time we see Giga Drain in the anime, and it was wicked too. Poor Garchomp.
    -Cynthia's so delightful and upbeat, and in battle she is so calm and controlling. This champion really knows how to work herself.
    -We get to finally see Paul's entire team for the moment (minus Elekid from episode 3). Paul could've did much better with Weavile if he wanted to.
    -Team Rocket are acually running a legitamite business (ice cream stand) with Cynthia buys mercindice (ice cream) from it? That's a plus even for them.

This episode really deserves 10 stars. The only downside is that I don't know a word of Japanese, but as I don't bother to try to understand what's going on through what they're saying, it doesn't really distract the enjoyment of the episode.
    Wait, that attack Torterra used was GIGA DRAIN? I thought it was a bad *** version of grass knot.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Excuse me, what was that last attack that Garchomp used against Torterra? I hear Dig against Chimchar, Dragon Rush against Weavile, Giga Impact against Murkrow, but what was that glowing blade thing against Torterra? Slash? It kind of remind me of Sceptile's Leaf Blade. O.o

A nice episode.

T.I.M.E
    Think Innovate Manipulate Exaggerate

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    Excuse me, what was that last attack that Garchomp used against Torterra? I hear Dig against Chimchar, Dragon Rush against Weavile, Giga Impact against Murkrow, but what was that glowing blade thing against Torterra? Slash? It kind of remind me of Sceptile's Leaf Blade. O.o
    I thought:

Dig against Chimchar.
    Giga Impact against Weavile.
    Giga Impact against Murkrow.
    Dragon Rush against Torterra.

I don't speak Japanese, so I might be wrong. I hope we will be able to watch the English version as well...

it could be dragon claw that garchomp used on torterra
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    I thought:

Dig against Chimchar.
    Giga Impact against Weavile.
    Giga Impact against Murkrow.
    Dragon Rush against Torterra.

I don't speak Japanese, so I might be wrong. I hope we will be able to watch the English version as well...
    I hear her command "Dragon Dive" against Weavile, I imply that it's the Japanese name of Dragon Rush. O.o

What I want to know is: How the hell did Pau get a Torterra? I thought Chimchar was his starter. (sorry but I don't really watch much of the japanese episodes and none of theSinnoh episodes are in England yet.) But where can I see this episode in video form? All I saw was the ictures posted on Serebii. Any help appreciated.
    Pokemon Pearl
    Name: Ash
    FC: 5240 9318 3569
    PM me to battle or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    Excuse me, what was that last attack that Garchomp used against Torterra?
    It was Brick Break aka. 'Kawara Wari'.

Quote Originally Posted by El D View Post
    What I want to know is: How the hell did Pau get a Torterra? I thought Chimchar was his starter. (sorry but I don't really watch much of the japanese episodes and none of theSinnoh episodes are in England yet.) But where can I see this episode in video form? All I saw was the ictures posted on Serebii. Any help appreciated.
    Turtwig was Paul's starter, and he's been to Hoenn, Kanto and Johto as well, according to the scripting from what other people have been saying.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

wait if Paul had his Torterra sine it was a Turtwig then why not use it in the battle against Roark?

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    wait if Paul had his Torterra sine it was a Turtwig then why not use it in the battle against Roark?
    Probably because he wanted to train up Chimchar since Torterra is powerful enough as it is, but Chimchar he seems to want to push as hard as he can to make it into a fighting machine.

Or something, I dunno.

Chimchar should ditch Paul

Paul deserved to lose. Plus if I was there, I would beat the crap out of him for treating his chimchar like that.

Read This Please!
    1. I made the trainer card myself! yay! =D
    2. Steven's pic was from Pokesho

Quote Originally Posted by xXBloodstainedLieXx View Post
    Paul deserved to lose. Plus if I was there, I would beat the crap out of him for treating his chimchar like that.
    Meh, a lot of kids have parents like that in the U.S. There are days where my parents make Paul equal to Ash.

Besides, Paul isn't THAT bad.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Good twist to the story with paul not being a beginner trainer. Now I feel paul is a better rival for ash.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond trainer View Post
    Good twist to the story with paul not being a beginner trainer. Now I feel paul is a better rival for ash.
    Which really makes you wonder why people say Paul sucks.

did they explain why paul's traveling through sinnoh now?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast