Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

How Did Paul Get A Toteria ( Sorry If I Cant Spell It) Did He Catch A Turtwig And Suddenly Train it Really Fast.

Paul's original starter was a Turtwig, which has since evolved into a Torterra. He has gone through the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn regions and has (I think) come back to Sinnoh to try the league again (if he tried it the first time). Chances are he is at least as old as Ash, and likely older.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    Paul's original starter was a Turtwig, which has since evolved into a Torterra. He has gone through the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn regions and has (I think) come back to Sinnoh to try the league again (if he tried it the first time). Chances are he is at least as old as Ash, and likely older.
    Paul's gonna get beat so bad.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

For people who didn't see it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MqlprWNCLNQ.

Note: I didn't post on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by mustbe18toryde View Post

I dont think u r allowed to post links here.*reading through the preveous pages* Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by mustbe18toryde View Post

Saw it, it's pretty good.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by diamond trainer View Post
    Good twist to the story with paul not being a beginner trainer. Now I feel paul is a better rival for ash.
    Paul seems to be a better gary. IMO. He has the exact opposite strategy that Ash does, so he does make a good rival. But if Paul lost in the other regions, and Ash made it too the Finals, Ash must be better. Despite pauls street smarts, and book smarts. Ash just seems to have a lot of dumb luck. (seems like a characteristic for a hero, right?)
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Quote Originally Posted by 133tSneasel View Post
    Paul seems to be a better gary. IMO. He has the exact opposite strategy that Ash does, so he does make a good rival. But if Paul lost in the other regions, and Ash made it too the Finals, Ash must be better. Despite pauls street smarts, and book smarts. Ash just seems to have a lot of dumb luck. (seems like a characteristic for a hero, right?)
    Oooh you make good points. I can't wait for the leauge becuase Ash is going to show Paul.

I wish they could show more about Cynthia and the E4.
    She's a awesome character.
    Playing Pokémon since 1998.

Pokémon Diamond Version Starter

Pokémon White Version Team

Pokémon White Friend Code:
    3181-2229-6527

Quote Originally Posted by Grilo View Post
    I wish they could show more about Cynthia and the E4.
    She's a awesome character.
    There are future episodes.

We just better hope that they won't screw her over like they did with Steven.

I liked this episode, I liked the way Cynthia creamed Paul's team with her cute Garchomp. That should have curshed his crappy attitude a little. I was surprised to hear that Chimchar wasn't Paul's starter, like most thought, but Turtwig was! Where did that come from? Hasn't Paul even travelled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn aswell?!
    I guess Paul's older than I thought he was...
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Steven was barely in the anime
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by 133tSneasel View Post
    Paul could've gotten better since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Steven was barely in the anime
    Yeah, that stinked. I'd love to see Aggron some more I hope we see a flashback episode, explaining some things about Paul. (When his Turtwig evolved and such.) I think Paul has some kind of an emotional problem, his mommy probably didn't like him much. Or his father told him it's all about power. I'm psychic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    Yeah, that stinked. I'd love to see Aggron some more I hope we see a flashback episode, explaining some things about Paul. (When his Turtwig evolved and such.) I think Paul has some kind of an emotional problem, his mommy probably didn't like him much. Or his father told him it's all about power. I'm psychic :P
    Ya dude, thats what i thought, he maight have been raised in a different atmosphere than normal people, or he travelled with a guy or a girl like "silver or ceystal" i dont remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko Girl View Post
    I liked this episode, I liked the way Cynthia creamed Paul's team with her cute Garchomp. That should have curshed his crappy attitude a little. I was surprised to hear that Chimchar wasn't Paul's starter, like most thought, but Turtwig was! Where did that come from? Hasn't Paul even travelled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn aswell?!
    I guess Paul's older than I thought he was...
    Garchomp...CUTE!?!

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wait, that attack Torterra used was GIGA DRAIN? I thought it was a bad *** version of grass knot.
    Oh yeah, there was no healing glow. I don't really know the Japanese names for any of the attacks so seeing the way Garchomp was attacked, I assumed it was Giga Drain. I guess I was wrong.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Shinji's the man. If Ash fought her, none of his PKMN wouldn't even get a chance to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    Shinji's the man. If Ash fought her, none of his PKMN wouldn't even get a chance to attack.
    l0l, Pikachu would knock out Garchomp by Thunderbolting his tail.

I wonder why Paul's Chimchar hasn't evolved yet?

I wonder if there will actually be and E4 not a tournament but so far its looking good that ash may win something this time around if he can beat Paul.

~Kaim
    I find enlightenment in my own knowledge, I am a proud Atheist.
        Spoiler:- My Favorite Quotes...So Far XD:

Before I start, I'll just say one thing. I'm using the dub names, because those are the names I know the characters as.

I think this episode ruined the entire season though. I mean, yeah Paul was finally defeated, but there's a major problem with it. And before I go on with it, I'll just say that Paul is (was) one of my favorite D/P characters.

He was beaten by a miscellaneous character. Kind of like how Gary was beaten by MewTwo. So, what's the point of Ash even BOTHERING with the guy now? Any victory he wins over Paul won't be a big deal anymore.

The worst thing you can do in an ongoing plot is to have someone else (especially a miscellaneous token character) beat the hero's main rival before he does. It renders the hero's upcoming victory trivial at best.

But one thing I've always admired about Nintendo is their ability to take an unimportant, probably one-time character and make them out to be a major hero, even though nobody's even MENTIONED them up until this point, even in the Region that they're supposedly famous in. Either the people of the Poke-World have a seriously bad case of ADD or Alzheimers kicks in at the age of 10. But I'm still not ruling out Hormone Inhibitors as a probable cause.
    Last edited by SBaby; 1st August 2007 at 7:12 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

She's the friggen E4 Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    She's the friggen E4 Champion.
    Agreed. Same thing with Gary being beat by Mewtwo.

And Drew got beaten by freakin' Grace of all people and that didn't "ruin" the aspect of May beating him at the end of AG.

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    Oooh you make good points. I can't wait for the leauge becuase Ash is going to show Paul.
    Yeah Ash is going to show Paul how to lose lol at this rate lol.

The World God Only knows

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast