Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

I think Cynthia will win Paul because it is too hard to beat

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    She's the E4 champion of the Sinnoh region, what'd you expect?
    well.....you would never know if they were gonna show Paul's strength..or Cynthia's....so I had to see the battle

Quote Originally Posted by bigpop618 View Post
    well.....you would never know if they were gonna show Paul's strength..or Cynthia's....so I had to see the battle
    Yeah, you've got a point there.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Garchomp used Dig against chimchar, Dragon Rush on Weavile, Giga Impact on Murkrow, and Brick Break on Torterra.
    fan all-out offence is my game

Can't wait for the dub. Only some days left now..

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Can't wait for the dub. Only some days left now..
    It's 2 more days in the US.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I can1t believe after all this time Torterra was actullay Paul`s Starter and I thought it was Chimchar

This episode was just great. Even though Shinji got completely owned by Cythina, he still put up a good fight. Ash should definitely learn something from this battle.

when will the episode be up on youtube?
    I support lance+cynthia
    I also support firered shipping

This episode was great. It was cool to see a Garchomp and a Torterra. Seeing Dragon Rush and Giga Drain in the anime was also cool. It was a little funny when Croagunk stopped his Poison Jabbing of Brock when Cynthia made eye contact with him. It was also cool that the Palkia/Dialga legend was a little more looked into. I felt bad for Chimchar and I think Paul was really inconsiderate.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Question

So what nasty things did Paul say in this episode? I am always curious, and its not on YouTube yet.

This was a great episode!

- LOL at Murkrow's dub voice. I have to admit, I laughed my *** off. It sounded so bad that it was funny..seriously PUSA..

- On the bright side, Torterra's, Weavile's and Cynthia's dub voices were perfect.

- Ash sounded like a girl. WTH have the VA done? Yes he sounded like a girl through the whole episode.. a little deeper voice please? Seriously.

- Nice to see Paul again. 20 episodes since Oreburgh.. now only 9 episodes until we'll see him again in the dub!

Over and out, a good episode but with some bad voice acting.

I didn't know this was in Amity Square and I was waiting for an episode with Amity Square. Did they mention it was in Amity Square in the original?

-Unown's message on the tablet Cynthia is touching remain's untranslated

-And I do approve of her voice, very much.

- LOL @ the valley girl in the audience "He can't just challenge the champion like that"

- *sigh* I guess the bad dex music had to return sometime --;

-I can't tell if Garchomp kept it's japanese voice or not..

-I must point out how much I hate PUSA's dub music, It's just annoying and stands out every time you hear it.

Btw, James's little uh "Will you stop with the fire jokes?!" the word is puns, and all puns EVERYWHERE need to stop.
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 9th December 2007 at 3:39 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by lance+cynthia
    when will the episode be up on youtube?
    Who the hell cares? The episode will be rerun next weekend anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax
    Did they mention it was in Amity Square in the original?
    Nope.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was great. It was cool to see a Garchomp and a Torterra. Seeing Dragon Rush and Giga Drain in the anime was also cool. It was a little funny when Croagunk stopped his Poison Jabbing of Brock when Cynthia made eye contact with him. It was also cool that the Palkia/Dialga legend was a little more looked into. I felt bad for Chimchar and I think Paul was really inconsiderate.
    Just wait until the penultimate episode of the tag battle arc, apparently you'll hate Paul's gut after watching the episode. However, you'll love what happens to Chimchar.

It was an interesting episode. You got to see what it really takes to become a Champion/Master. Pauls match was cool, he is after all a pretty good trainer but was destroyed completly by Cynthia. Maybe she (and Lucien) are the best trainers we have seen in the entire Pokemon series. And I liked that we got to see how different Ash and Paul is.

I also think it is good that we see other people besides Ash to fight E4 trainers, to see something else than Ash fighting, losing and learn a lesson of some kind. Both Dawns match with Lucien and Pauls with Cynthia provided that.

TR made a short stealing attemt, not taking a huge place in the plot other than speaking in the background, was great. They had not to much to do in this plot and thus did little. Having them fight a 3 minute battle had been pointless. Better than to reduce them to the quick escape scene and blasting off part. And for once they acted rational, other than ambush the gang (which would have no chance of succes with Cynthia around) they tried to sneak in, take a Pokemon and run for it. Reduced screen time for TR or eps with them in focus is good, and not the pointless try to steal Pikachu.

Overall a good ep, 8/10.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Cynthia sounded great in this episode. This episode totally surpassed my expectations. The battle was great, albeit one-sided, and overall, the episode was dubbed quite well.

I liked Cynthia's easy-going and kinda laid-back personality.
    Last edited by King Of Steel; 9th December 2007 at 10:57 AM.

Nice to see a special sweeper Torterra. I also never knew that a tree could get a fever.

And is it me, or does EVERYONE in Sinnoh have a different way of saying "Go!" or "I choose you!?"
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

I'm liking Cynthia and would like to see her to appear again down the road. Plus I enjoyed watching her battle with Paul.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

lol i know what you know about mukrows voice it is kinda weird. However i did like cynthas voice i thought it was kinda cool. It was good to see Pauls three pokemon that we havent seen yet. I also liked the bit where cyntha was agonising over the ice cream that was also funny. I also liked pauls respect for cynthia when she told him to go to the pokemon centre. I also felt sorry for chimchar when paul was nasty to it but loled when chimchar set jessie and james on fire

Cynthis has a very subtle and funny personality. It works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    lol i know what you know about mukrows voice it is kinda weird. However i did like cynthas voice i thought it was kinda cool. It was good to see Pauls three pokemon that we havent seen yet. I also liked the bit where cyntha was agonising over the ice cream that was also funny. I also liked pauls respect for cynthia when she told him to go to the pokemon centre. I also felt sorry for chimchar when paul was nasty to it but loled when chimchar set jessie and james on fire
    You'll feel even more sorry about Chimchar in the future.

Anyway, anyone think it was bad*** when Cynthia called Garchomp?

What a great episode. Didn't watch till this morning however, but nonetheless, still very good. There were some very interesting moments here, but some of them I feel I shall use my computer to provide the pics better understanding. But, for some I think I'll stick to the words.

Firstly, I know this might sound odd, but I do believe there is a chronological error in this episode. Now, the only way this would not have been is if the battle they were watching was in fact a rerun(which would make more sense). Because, if not, then how exactly would she just be becoming the Champion then, when Lucian about 4 or so episodes back (An Elite meet and Greet) mentioned that she was already Champion?

Aside from that, I found this incredibly entertaining. For the first time ever PUSA got a voice right for once. The voice they used for Cynthia not only fits her age, but it fits her perfectly. Although, I did detect Dawn's voice in her's which makes me think that's Dawn's voice actress voicing her.

The battle was a pretty neat little segment. I liked how Team Rocket mentions that she had issues deciding what she wanted for ice cream but made an instantaneous decision to battle Paul. Also, I'm beginning to notice that every major character seems to say their own unique line when sending out their Pokémon. Cynthia's is "battle stance". Now, I was wondering why even though he said a '6 on 6' battle, yet he only used 5. Then I remembered that Elekid was an electric type. So it seems to writers are smart enough to make sure a Pokémon doesn't unintentionally get pwned simply by type.

Possibly the most unexpected twist, was when Ash actually defends Paul when everyone begins mocking him for losing to Cynthia. Of course, it's only because he's discovered a newfound 'respect' for him, so that at least puts it into perspective.

Heck, even Cynthia is 'appalled' by Paul() when he decides against going to the Pokémon Center.

Before I finish this off, check this for me:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6...0259cc9.th.png

Does anyone know what this says?(no I know what the words are, I just can't translate it).

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast