Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Top-Down Training (508)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Firstly, I know this might sound odd, but I do believe there is a chronological error in this episode. Now, the only way this would not have been is if the battle they were watching was in fact a rerun(which would make more sense). Because, if not, then how exactly would she just be becoming the Champion then, when Lucian about 4 or so episodes back (An Elite meet and Greet) mentioned that she was already Champion?
    That was not Cynthia becoming Champion, they were watching Lucian challenge Cynthia for the Championship (or having a friendly scuffle, I forget).

The dub music ruined the epic-ness of this fight. Way to suck, PUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Cynthia's is "battle stance".
    Might just be my duff hearing, but it sounded like "battle dance" to me.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Might just be my duff hearing, but it sounded like "battle dance" to me.
    I second that..i heard that as well.

Hmm...there seems to be a lot of E4 references this time around. Especially with Lucien's explanation. I have a strong feeling that ash will go against the Elite Four in this generation. This means he is going to win the tournament this time.

My friends prediction....ash gets to Cynthia and fails.

Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight

Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

Quote Originally Posted by Xain View Post
    I second that..i heard that as well.

Hmm...there seems to be a lot of E4 references this time around. Especially with Lucien's explanation. I have a strong feeling that ash will go against the Elite Four in this generation. This means he is going to win the tournament this time.

My friends prediction....ash gets to Cynthia and fails.
    Or Ash loses the league and the whole E4 thing was just for explaination.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode frustrated me...it really did. I love the voice which was done by Dawn's VA (cant think of her name) but it was obvious..you can hear it..but like the one important factor in a show for me is the music. The show must show some music that shows excitement and fitting for the show..Idk..maybe its me nitpicking...but the Japanese does a better job at making each battle more exciting with its music..the Dub...it disappoints me..

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Or Ash loses the league and the whole E4 thing was just for explaination.
    That would be horrible. Ash needs to win this one.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    That would be horrible. Ash needs to win this one.
    in a way they did foreshadow a battle with Lucian in the dub...but Idk about the japanese (i dont speak it thats why). But it was very subtle

Lucian told Ash to battle him when the time is right or somehting...but then again a lot of Elite 4 members have said this

Bruno when he said I look forward to battle with you, just stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by bigpop618 View Post
    This episode frustrated me...it really did. I love the voice which was done by Dawn's VA (cant think of her name) but it was obvious..you can hear it..but like the one important factor in a show for me is the music. The show must show some music that shows excitement and fitting for the show..Idk..maybe its me nitpicking...but the Japanese does a better job at making each battle more exciting with its music..the Dub...it disappoints me..
    Can we have a comparison?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Can we have a comparison?
    Well..the battle sequence between Garchomp and Torterra..the music in the background made it more intense in the japanese version that the Dub...The Buizel capture...like when everyone thought Ash was gonna catch it...Lets see those are a few off the top of my head that irritated me the most...

Who did the voice for Cynthia?

Its werid we havent gotten to see ash face any of the E4 yet... He'll probably end up facing that fire trainer Elite 4 guy or somthing like at the end of the game and then make the last gym leader guy inspired again or somthing. Paul needed this episode to happen to him, paul stopped at even te sound of cynthias voice and did whatever she wanted. I liked this episode alot.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    Its werid we havent gotten to see ash face any of the E4 yet... He'll probably end up facing that fire trainer Elite 4 guy or somthing like at the end of the game and then make the last gym leader guy inspired again or somthing. Paul needed this episode to happen to him, paul stopped at even te sound of cynthias voice and did whatever she wanted. I liked this episode alot.
    Well Paul isn't really following Cynthia's advice.

Meh, Glint has some repetitive pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Who did the voice for Cynthia?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I'm thinking it's the person who voices Dawn. It's pretty obvious as to who it sounds like, but I'm still uncertain on who voices her. In the credits, I'm seeing someone named 'Emily Jeness'. I'm thinking she's the one who voices Dawn, but I only see her in select episodes.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Cynthia was voiced by Emily Jenness, who also voices Dawn.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    That surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    O_o. I so didn't know that haha.

I knew it! I said it in another thread. She sounded like an older version of Dawn.

The only thing that was bad is that i wanted to see all of cynthia's pokemon

Wow, we get to see Cynthia live. Can I know where to find this episode so that I can watch? Or find the torrent? Please...

I just found out about the Torterra. It's humongous.

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

I loved this episode every minute it was lasting...
    Three words to describe it:
    awesome, heroic, gorgeous!

A exciting battle (altough Paul´s still so rude to his Pokemon...discussing about his manners would be an extra topic), Ash with his good character and his -let me call it- "spirit for ALL pokemon" which Ash-Fans love so much and a gorgeous, overwhelming champion Chyntia (yes, i admire her strenght and -a little bit- fell in love with her)
    Last edited by ash_forever; 7th January 2008 at 12:29 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I loved the appearance of Cynthia(Shirona). The problem is, it's hard cosplaying Cynthia because of her long hair that covers her other eye. Plus, Paul here wants for powerful attacks especially from his Murkrow to beat her. Why didn't he let it learn Recover attack? It's a very powerful attack, as if it wakes up from being unable to battle? I hope one day I might know Garchomp's moves from Cynthia.(Aww, too bad, Paul, sometimes powerful attacks might not work as the key to defeating foes like Cynthia and the rest of the Sinnoh Elite trainers.)

This was my favorite episode in this whole season! Cynthia did awesome in this episode, although I kind of wish that she used more than just her Garchomp, lol.
    Still, I hope there will be more episodes with her and her Pokemon. ^.^

I really want to see this episode. It will be out for me again on Wednesday I think. From what you guys have said it sounds good.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

it was a nice episode if you ask me, sometimes i more look at the graphics in it then the show itself and i must say that they really know how to make them 9/10.

Really good episode! Cynthia kicked ***, we got to know more about Paul, Ash finally stands up against him... can't think of anything bad, actually.

10/10

Oldrivalshipper and Special Manga fan!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast