Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Stand-Up Sit-Down! (509)

Default A Stand-Up Sit-Down! (509)

Dawn, Zoey & A Double Performance!

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. bump into Zoey, who has been injured while training. While helping her out, Dawn learns that the next contest will follow Grand Festival Rules and require double battles. Dawn, having no experience in battling in double battles alone, decides she needs to practice with her Pokémon. However, Team Rocket are around the corner and have their eye on Zoey's new Shellos...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is going to be a great episode. So Dawn is actually learning how to double battle. Seems quite interesting, to battle against her best friend Zoey! And I love to see her new Shellos. As we can see, Glameow will be in it to. It is a battle between Buizel and Buneary vs Glameow and Shellos, the perfect ingredients for a great battle. I can't wait!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Its funny the buneary ice beam, buizel aqua jet combination. It just froze buizel in mid air
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

I'm honestly sorta grasping at straws thinking of what to say about this episode. That's how un-special it was. I dunno, maybe I was just spoiled by the last few weeks, but even though a few important tidbits happened (information on upcoming contest + some training and potential combos), it was hardly anything that exciting. At least we know that Zoey's Misdreavus isn't dead or anything, and I'd like to see where Dawn goes with this "frozen bullet" Buizel. And Shellos is tiny!
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I felt like this was more of an episode focussed on characterization - even though the Contest training did play a big role visually.

With characterization, the one I'm mainly referring to is of course Zoey. While her overall personality is a bit too "normal" for my tastes, she stands out with special character traits that show from time to time - such as her being quick to judge on people (Ash).

I don't know if that a real trait of hers, but in this episode, she felt the need to defend someone younger who still made a lot of mistakes, but was trying her best (Dawn, when Jessie said that her combinations were awful). I don't know, but I would have liked to have someone like Zoey as my big sister! *killed*

Quite frankly, this is the episode where I liked Zoey the most. I think that she and Dawn could become great friends over the time, and while Zoey is far less provoking towards her rival which could be seen as a negative point, Dawn fills the role as the challenging one with the strong will to compete, so it's fairly balanced in the end.

..Oh noez and entire post dedicated to one character.

Err, the writers can never make up their mind about whether to make Ash look suitable for Contests or not, can they? Granted, he'd have failed if he had had to face Zoey instead of Dawn in this episode, but his combination attacks seemed just fine to me.

Anyway. Without having a deeper look at it, this episode probably had a boring set-up, but it was a needed episode nonetheless. And I think the writers at least tried by adding some small details that stood out - I'm talking about things like Marina's cameo, Zoey's injury, Team Rocket playing a role without stealing a Pokémon, many different Pokémon being in the spotlight.

Lastly, I lol'd when Dawn reproved Buneary for flirting with Pikachu while they were battling XD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Marina makes cameo! =D She's top coordinator and her Wani-Wani (Whatever its nickname was in the dub) had evolved!

Buneary winks at Pikachu before battle and Dawn told her to knock it off.

Team Rocket didn't even got out of their disguises before running off. Well, at least they weren't doing anything annoying this episode other than being pwned like usual.

Yes, I've seen Marina =]

I'm surprised that Feraligatr appeared instead of Misdreavus.. I don't see her Croconaw very much in the Pokemon chronicles..

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

i was very surpised to see marina as the top cord. so she's a model and a top cord. i guess her dream came true!

wonder what happened to jimmy

Meh, a so-so episode. You can't really even comment on it, it was that kind of episode. But it would appear Marina's appearance is the most noticable part of this episode.

I'm still waiting for Jessie to retire Dustox or Seviper so she can have new Pokemon to showcase in the next couple contests. She's extinguished all of her and James' Pokemon and the "loaning" is getting boring. Dawn and Zoey have a fist full of creatures to do their bidding. C'mon writing staff... give Jessie a new pokemon gard damn-it!

And I'd be baffled still if Ash still entered the contests. Though his pokemon choreography surpasses even Dawns, I couldn't imagine why he'd even battle her for her precious ribbon. Would he throw the contest if it came down to him and her in a final round?
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

OMG We get to see Zoey's SOCKS!!!!!11111oneoneone

How sexy! ^^

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyrider View Post
    I'm surprised that Feraligatr appeared instead of Misdreavus.. I don't see her Croconaw very much in the Pokemon chronicles..
    Probably just to avoid repetition since we saw another coordinator's Misdreavus in the same episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagome Lover View Post
    OMG We get to see Zoey's SOCKS!!!!!11111oneoneone

How sexy! ^^
    I think we've discovered the source of all her lesbian powers. Notice how much straighter she seemed and how less entranced Dawn was when she took it off. (Yes, I realize the lesbo joke died a long time ago)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This was an ok episode.
    It was cool to see Ash battling: Contest style. Maybe that means Ash isn't done with contests just yet ^^
    I loved the Zoey/Ash interaction whenever we had it, they need more I tell yah.

This was one of those episodes that is saved from mediocrity merely due to its premise and the few (slightly) amusing scenes that occur throughout. I can't really crit these guys for going out of their way to make an episode based solely on a main character's training methods, nor can I put them down for their foray into double appeals, something which I've personally been waiting for ever since contests first started. But the episode was pretty boring. The kind where your finger hovers over the bar, just itching to skip ahead 5 minutes to avoid the pang of impatience. Uhhh…

-Shellos was cute, and I thought it’s ability to manipulate it's spineless body was cool. Hope to see more of that.

- I wish they’d do something with Buneary that isn’t just a freaking wink or love-heart encrusted eyeballs. I liked the fact that it actually got to do some battling this episode, but god…the lagomorph really needs a god-damn episode where this aspect of it‘s personality is explored a litt…lot more.

-Buizel vs. Pochama is always fun. I know it amounts to nothing more than two pokémon yelling at each other, but it’s still entertaining. Also, glee.

- I liked the Ash vs. Hikari battle. Yep.

-Might be interesting to note that Hikari's pokémon used that cheesy 'barrel roll' dodge again. Might being the keyword. I doubt anyone really cares that much, since the move was silly in the first place and was only used once in this episode anyway. Buuuut, it looks like it wasn't brushed under the carpet quite as much as many had initially thought.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    (Yes, I realize the lesbo joke died a long time ago)
    It did?
    Last edited by Gravy; 27th July 2007 at 8:20 PM.

yeah, i cant wait for shellos, it looks really cool

Click the banners, which are BOTH made by PK

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Err, the writers can never make up their mind about whether to make Ash look suitable for Contests or not, can they? Granted, he'd have failed if he had had to face Zoey instead of Dawn in this episode, but his combination attacks seemed just fine to me.
    Possibly helps that he's had a couple of Gyms to warm up on by now. If nothing else, at least co-training with Dawn is doing him some good.

Hopefully he'll at least get another contest against Zoey sometime later on, just so that particular hatchet can be buried (If Nando doesn't do it first)

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Brock's Happiny wasn't in this Episode.
    Zoey got a Shellos too.. And What attack was her Glameow using with Shellos?, Besides Shadow Claw.

Thumbs up for Jessie seeming much more like a rival than a villain :/

Hikari is weak in the battle
    Hikari is weak in the Contest
    Heh...even Jessie is better than her.
    She should go home because is good for nothing. Her mother has been a Coordinator so I belived Hikari would be a good also, but now I see I was wrong- she sucks!

Zoey`s Shellos is really VERY cute! ^^

I thought this episode was "cute". Mainly because of Shellos, the snail without a shell (it's part of a nudist colony), and because the random freaked out expression it had alot made me giggle. And it stretching like that was cool.

Aipom yelled "Hane!" at one part like Habunake as it slammed Buneary. It totally freaked me out, and I swear it sounded like the voice actor (who I don't even think is the same) was drunk and mixed up a crazy monkey with a snake. It happens. It did to me...that's how I almost died that one time at the Zoo.

Buizel's attempted Ice Spear is cool...I really can't wait to see it. This whole episode has me excited for the Double Contest, as it should be quite good. We'll see all of Dawn's Pokemon in action, which is a plus. And I want more Seviper x Dustox, as that Poison Sting Slam was extremely cool. And...it's pretty obvious what Cacnea and Carnivine will do for the Double Appeal.

I guess if Zoey is in it, then she'll have a 4th Pokemon by then...unless the ankle spraining means she won't be in it, which means we'll get maybe a neat One Shot dude. I'd love to see someone use a combo of say, Minomadam and Mothim, to make up for their lame debuts of sorts. And then for an appeal the Fireflys.

And glad to see Marina's starter caught up to the boys' starters, by reaching it's final form.

Zoey gets WiFi in the middle of the Forest of Despair...I guess even filler characters need the internet.

I didn't quite get the plot of the whole episode.

I wanna know more about Zoey's Shellos and how she nicknamed it SexyBeast.

Credit to Ruki for this.....magically awsome banner!!
    (\__/)
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")
    This is my fatty butt bunny named Charlie. Feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by pipersgirl™ View Post
    I wanna know more about Zoey\'s Shellos and how she nicknamed it SexyBeast.
    Sexy? -__-;

What attack did Wani-wani use?

Did Shellos use MUDDY WATER?

Does Glameow know ICE BEAM?

Finally, a characters gets hurt with only scratches.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Yay! Zoey protected Dawn's honor!

They're totally pushing that prince-princess angle, I tell you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast