Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Stand-Up Sit-Down! (509)

You'd think Zoey would sound more in pain...
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Possibly the single-worst title in Pokemon dub history.

It was great to see Zoey again, and I like that Dawn gets a few tips from her in what moves to use for her next contest. I liked Jessie getting mad at Zoey for beating her and wanting her revenge. The practice fight with her was good, but I wish Jessie had done better after doing so well on her opening move with Dustox and Seviper. Darn those writers.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Hmm this episode was ok, I liked Buziel showing it's stuff. Anyways Shellos hmm thats how you say it I always Said She-los LOL
    Anyways In My Opion It was a Okay Episode

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

in this episode a trainer got hurt instead of the usual pokemon, it's a change of pace if you ask me, anyway it was a nice episode, one of the best.

It was an nice episode Buiziel was really cool imo
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

History would have shined brighter upon this episode had the techniques introduced actually been used in the future. Since it has zero impact on the Yosuga Contest or any contest period, for that matter, the only real purpose this episode serves is to give Nozomi some more screentime. And on that note, I hate Nozomi in this episode. Up to this point, she had merely been stale, but at least her usage in the Buizel episode was alright. Here, we see her become more nosy as she dictates every move of Hikari's, which would only build up to the "What-I-say-goes" trade episode. Karanakushi is a cute Pokemon, but we don't see it do too much here.

The appeals practiced here are pretty cool, which only makes it even more of a shame that such things were never implemented. As a training episode, it's also a tad boring in parts, which is only enhanced by Nozomi's lack of distinguishable personality. Then there's the Marina cameo which exists only for the purpose of pointlessly hyping up some fans and annoying others through that pointless hype. I really don't want to scowl upon this episode for what failed to happen in the future, however. As it stands, it's a passable 22 minutes of entertainment.

C+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I liked the episode. That Ice Aqua Jet was cool. I really liked Zoey's appeals and battles with Shellos and Glameow, they were awesome...

Great episode, i loved Sellos in this ep, it was cute.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

What's up with the title? What's the pun?

Great episode, though I didn't think so at first because I didn't like the fact that Zoey got stronger. The fact that she got Shellos kinda bugged me. I was hoping Dawn would have caught one.

I liked the fact that Zoey gave Dawn pointers for the next Contest and that she explained the rules (GF rules apparently). Dawn helped Zoey too and they both trained together which was sweet. 6/10 for the simple but interesting plot.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    What's up with the title? What's the pun?
    The pun is that Zoey needs to sit down because of her leg, but to stand up to fight.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I think this episode was great. I liked all the battles and TR NOT trying to steal Pikachu or getting blasted off somewhere.

I liked this episode a lot, especially with Zoey's double-performance. Who would have thought that a combination of electricity and mud would glitter? Maybe they should have picked a different water-type attack.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

It was an okay episode, it was nice to see Zoey. It's a shame Dawn lost even thought Zoey had given her tips. (But it was her first few double battles before).
    If Shellos has the ability Storm Drain I wonder how Glameow managed to use Shock Wave while it was standing next to it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I actually feel more ill today than I felt yesterday. Go figure.

It's a little bit of a frustrating time to try to review episodes, since there's a predominant sense of "been there, done that" on this site right now. I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that predictions are that Ash will lose to the trainer who's appearing specifically for the league (and one does show up), there will be some excuse for Dawn to leave the group and Ash to go to the new region, and so forth. It's sapping all the excitement of the league, especially since not all of these details have been confirmed. But what was proven right via the preview at the end of the episode for Ash's first round Sinnoh league match has been enough to say "Well, we've been here before, and so we know what's going to happen." Not that I don't think that any of this is wrong; more than 99.9&#37; likely, if you had to say something, those predictions are the logical ones to make. But what's surprising/saddening to me is that even the homepage of this site has essentially listed some of these predictions as facts, citing what's happened in previous regions as support. I suppose none of this should bother me, but part of the fun of actually coming to a pokemon site, besides learning information, is to hopefully meet some people who have similar interests about the show. And for me, I want to enjoy the league; I want to think something is going to come out of it. And that's part of the reason I'm doing these reviews: Sinnoh has been amazing. It's important to stay in the moment, and considering how long it takes for the league to come around, it's a shame if it's not enjoyed more.

Well, sorry about that, I needed to get it off my mind. Zoey's 3rd appearance is a little better than her second, although I still think she struggles from the writers trying to make her a perfect coordinator, and doing that at the expense of our heroes. Here, it's Dawn who can't find the medicine in her bag needed for Zoey's injury, Brock producing it from his own bag (of course!), Dawn remarking who needs Nurse Joy, and then Brock working himself into a fitful range. That actually reminds me...once there was something Paul said to Dawn that sent her into a fitful rage as well back at the first gym. It really seems like the writers were trying to establish cross-interactions for Dawn/Paul and Ash/Zoey, but in the end basically gave up, especially after they decided to make Paul an experienced trainer rather than someone starting out. So now, there's not as much need for Ash to respect Zoey and Dawn to respect Paul since those 2 rivals are worlds apart; if Paul is a better trainer than Zoey, it's b/c he's more experienced and not necessarily more creative or talented. Wow! What a tangent that was. But getting back here, Brock's reaction causes Zoey to murmur to herself about how she liked it better when Dawn talked. Again, I think this is a little forced; Brock, despite his flaws, is very helpful when it comes to taking care of injuries and would normally give pointers about what he's doing, not start yelling b/c of a compliment.
    The other negative would be Zoey's rematch with Jessie, which is again one-sided. The writers even try to make Zoey seem heroic in agreeing to battle by showing her grimacing due to her injury, but the scene just made me roll my eyes (it's very forced).

On the other hand, I think Zoey's helping Dawn out with her contest move was pretty neat. I'm not exactly sure why Zoey takes such a liking to Dawn (Paul's rivalry with Ash is much more understandable), but I'll say it's b/c she sensed that at heart, Dawn isn't too confident in herself. And considering how much Zoey likes to wisecrack and look cool (and boy, how the writers tried to oblige her in the beginning), Dawn is the perfect person to influence in that way (Dawn wants to look up to and admire somebody). Ash later on provides the perfect balance for Zoey with respect to Dawn's development: Zoey gets Dawn started as far as contest tactics are concerned; Ash is Dawn's training partner at times, but more importantly encourages her, even if Dawn doesn't succeed at what she's trying to do (to the pt of naivety from Ash). Speaking of Ash, his double battle with Dawn is actually pretty good, and Pikachu gets Buizel back for Buizel's cheap victory in Buizel's capture episode. This battle also is the first attempt at ice aqua jet, which is a move that's used a few more times at important moments later on in the storyline.
    Last edited by wind21; 4th July 2010 at 12:55 AM.

Meowth looks pretty awesome dressed like a gentleman

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a West Sea Pink Shellos for the 1st time. Shellos is so cute and shy, getting nervous around strangers. It was great that Dawn was learning how to do a double Contest Battle. Interesting how it was Buizel and Buneary vs Shellos and Glameow. It was funny when Buneary used Ice Beam on Buizel when it was in mid-air using Aqua Jet, and it ended up freezing it. It was funny when Buneary winked at Pikachu and then Dawn scolded it.

42/100

I thought it was cute how Misdreavus and Glameow encountered Ash and friends and led them to Zoey. I also loved Marina's cameo and seeing her do an appeal with Feraligatr. I cackled when Dawn's double appeal practice went wrong, but seeing Buizel practice the Ice Aqua Jet was fab. I also liked that Jessie showed up in her Jessilina disguise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123