Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pokemon types that should have advantages

Default pokemon types that should have advantages

this thread is for what type of pokemon should be super effective agianst other types

i think that poison types should be super effective against water and flying because when there are like oil spillages in the sea all fish gets poisoned and so do birds
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (^started by SapphireL!)

Flying should be super effective agianst fire, because you know strong winds put out large flames.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastic phantom View Post
    Flying should be super effective agianst fire, because you know strong winds put out large flames.

Actually oxygen makes the flames larger so fire should have a resistance to flying. I do think that Water and Ice shuold be weak afainst each other because water can actually melt ice and Ice can freeze water.

This is my sig.

dark should have an advantage against bug since if a mightyena used crunch on a kakuna or metapod they would get tons of damage

I think that water would be excelent against Steel
    (template from Jerkfighter)

i dont think fire should be good against steel on that note flying should not be good against fighting either

but poison should definitely have more advantages, like against water, fighting and psychic, it'd knock psycic and water down a tier and it makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Ampharos View Post
    I have learned to live with the fact that the Pokemon world is completely insane...but somehow it still seems to work.
    Hmmmmm...... sounds like another world I know.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    Sure we're fighting a giant stomping robot, but we're doing it with an army of pink squirrels that are just so gosh darn adorable!

Poison should aslo be good agianst bug because IRL its our main method of killing them *CoughriadCough*

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    i dont think fire should be good against steel on that note flying should not be good against fighting either

but poison should definitely have more advantages, like against water, fighting and psychic, it'd knock psycic and water down a tier and it makes sense
    Fire makes steel melt, Martial Artist can't fly.

^more like Steel heats up really easily... anyway, if Fire moves weren't good against Steel pokemon... ****, no one would ****ing use Fire types. :/ which really wouldn't be fair to Fire fans like me :/

Fighting types can't hit flyers because they are on the ground... so their attacks kinda suck.

Poison types should definately be strong against Water though.. and Ground too actually... pollution much?

And yeah, Flying should not be super effective against Fire. wind might put out small flames but anything larger than a campfire is going to yum yum all that oxygen and flare up like nobody's business.

Also interesting to note something I learned watching the X-Files: If Fire is hot enough, it can split water into hydrogen and oxygen which are both extremely flammable/explosive Thats why some Fire's are so hard to put out....

Poison also should be weak against Fire since Poison gases/fluids tend to be flammable.

Fire also should be immune to Normal... I mean Fire is essentially gaseous, for lack of a better word. If ghosts are immune to Normal and Fighting so should Fire.

I know I'm buttering up Fire types a lot, but you have to admit all of the above makes sense. Very little should be able to hurt Fire types actually :/

I also think Electric and Fire should resist eachother. just to give Fire a LITTLE extra nerfing after all of the above stuff... Dragons ought to be immune to Fire... seems natural right?
    This is no place for a horse.

ghost should be immune to almost anything i mean..its a ghost lol it can dissappear

But then we would have imbalance. Ghost would be the only type used...

Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with the way it currently is. IMO, they don't need to change anything...

dark should be neutral to steel, steel has enough resistances as it is, and dark and steel arnt related in any way.

fighting attacks should be weak on rock pokemon..obvious reasons

Poison needs another type advantage besides Grass and Bug, they have a few too many weaknesses really. Maybe adding strength towards Normal types would be good, since they have one weakness themselves.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Nice explanation, FetusKiller665.

Electric should have an advantage over Ice types, because Ice is still water.

steel should be super effective to dragon

reason-steel=weaponary and weapons kills dragon woohoo i rock
    the end

Poison should be super effetive aganst fire..gas and fire :/

I'm sick of poison attacks begin super effective against only grass.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

^ it gets worse flying is super effective against grass who would've expected that
    the end

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatic_Latios View Post
    Nice explanation, FetusKiller665.

Electric should have an advantage over Ice types, because Ice is still water.
    Ice doesn't conduct electricity.

As for my opinion:

~ Poison should be super-effective against Bug. Insects are easily killed by pesticides.

~ Poison should be super-effective against Water. Water can easily be polluted.

~ Water should be super-effective against Steel. Metals can become rusted from exposure to moisture (though Steel is actually very rust-resistant, it would help balance the type out by giving it another weakness).

~ Water should be super-effective against Electric. Electricity can short-circuit when exposed to water.

To the people saying Fire and Flying should affect each other (in any way); not a good idea. If you look closely, very few Flying-type attacks are "wind"- or "air"-based. In fact, most of them involve a wing or beak hitting the opponent. Personally, I think the Flying-type represents birds better than wind or air.

~ Water should be super-effective against Electric. Electricity can short-circuit when exposed to water.
    electric is already super effective against water
    the end

psychic should be ammune to everthing.. "i forseen your flamethrower coming so i stepped 5 feet to the right..."

No the Electricity will still be there.

Instead of ghost being immune to Fighting and Normal, I think that Physical Normal and Fighting attacks should only be immune to Ghost.

Ghost effecting Normal types

Water super effective to Steel

Poison super-effective to Bug and Water

Fighting strong against Rock and Steel? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Chariking View Post
    Instead of ghost being immune to Fighting and Normal, I think that Physical Normal and Fighting attacks should only be immune to Ghost.

Ghost effecting Normal types

Water super effective to Steel

Poison super-effective to Bug and Water

Fighting strong against Rock and Steel? Why?
    Rock = Brick | Brick + Karate Chop = broken brick.

I think fighting should be super effective against grass.

T.I.M.E
    Think Innovate Manipulate Exaggerate

Poison imo should not only have a resistance to fighting, but dish out 2x damage to fighting types, since poison prevents connections to the nerves and muscles. Poison is also, in a nutshell, unhealthy...and you have to be healthy to train in the martial arts and such. I think it would also be interesting if poison were super effective against psychic types because of how it would attack the brain. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the first two types that are super effective against one another (although I myself do not really understand why psychic is strong against poison).
    I don't really go for the "pollution" aspects of poison people are talking about. You can pollute the water, you can pollute the air, you can pollute the earth...and then you would just say that poison is unhealthy for all living creatures so pretty much poison should be super effective against all types (except for poison and steel). Meh...

I really want bug types to have a resistance to psychic and dark types. Not for any particular reason based on what they mean irl, but because bug types need more resistances. Imo, they should have complete advantages over psychic and dark types.

I also still think that water should be super effective against steel. Yes, rust. I also think electricity should either be super effective against steel or steel should be immune to electric types. Metal is one of the best conductors, so either the electricity would easily pass through the metal and into the pokemon's inner weak spots to inflict a lot of damage, or it would just go straight through the pokemon altogether, which is why I believe it could be either super effective or not effective at all.
    Last edited by Dark SpOOn Bender; 29th July 2007 at 8:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast