Page 463 of 499 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 12468

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

Seems obvious that the enemy is a Vasto Lorde, which explains why Isshin would have had trouble against it. And while I was expecting Masaki to be connected to Ryuuken somehow, wasn't expecting them to be betrothed. Alright chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I was reading the new bleach chapter i at first i had no idea who the girl was
    Then i was like, OHH she's ichigo's mom (or not? idk)
    That girl is such a ditz

That hollow thingy was sure interesting though.
    I agree with the Vasto Lorde speculation on this one

*on a side note*
    Couldn't we all have seen the quincy mom thing coming?
    It would have been more shocking if he had wrote it in
    before the speculation thing was run dry and no one was suprised
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Good job Kubo. This 'reveal' actually through me off. I didn't really expect the arranged marriage. Interesting.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Well, it looks like we got another one of those Orihime-esque characters in Masaki. Good luck trying to make her stand out so that we'll actually care for her death, Kubo.

Anyway, outside of what appears to be Ichigo's hollow, this chapter was...kind of boring.
    Welcome to the flashback we've all knew would happen, and knew what would happen! xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Welcome to the flashback we've all knew would happen, and knew what would happen! xD
    Oh well. At least, with this flashback, we may get to see an Ichigo that isn't so angsty. That's a definite plus.

BTW, if that Vasto Lorde from the end of the chapter really is the same hollow that's inside Ichigo, then how did it even get there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Did anyone really expect to learn the origins of Ichigo's inner hollow though? I'm pretty sure we all expected to see how Isshin met Masaki and lost his powers, but the Vasto Lorde threw some of us off.

Quote Originally Posted by QUOTE View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bleachwiki
    This interview was given by Tite Kubo on 16th March 2013, 12:45-13:45 o'clock at the "Leipziger Buchmesse" in Leipzig, Saxony, Germany (booth E600, "The Black Sofa"). Questions were collected among the users of Tokyopop Germany's forum and asked by publishing director Dr. Joachim Kaps via an interpreter (oral translator). Kubo's answers were told to the audiance by the very same interpreter. If I phrased something in a weird way you did not understand, please notify me. I will try my very best to clear up any missunderstandings. Please bear with typos and poor grammer (especially syntax and consecutio temporis), since English is not my native language.

Joachim Kaps: "Have you ever expected BLEACH to become this popular?"

Tite Kubo: "It was never my intention to create a manga that becomes popular. I merely started drawing a story I wanted to draw."

Jo Kaps: "Is there any character that is particularly difficult to draw?"

Kubo: "Ichigo is very diffucult."

Jo Kaps: "What's so difficult about him?"

Kubo: "Pretty much everything." (*laughs*)

Jo Kaps: Then, would you say you made a bad choice in designing him this way?"

Kubo: "Well..." (*makes a broody face*) "I'm always wondering why Ichigo has so much screen time."

Jo Kaps: "Because he is the protagonist?"

Kubo: "You might be right." (*laughs*)

Jo Kaps: "Speaking of desing, would you ever desing characters for another medium that is not Bleach? Like characters for someone's video game?"

Kubo: "That would be very difficult for me, since I'm not good at guessing what other persons have on their mind regarding the matter in question. It might be easier if their mindset was close to mine."

Jo Kaps: "When coloring pages, do you use anything besides copic markers?"

Kubo: "Well, I sometimes sneak in a little bit colored pencil. I do, however, not use personal computers, since I lack experience in using them."

Jo Kaps: "Many readers are wondering why you tend to draw minimalistic to no backgrounds and focus on the characters instead."

Kubo: "Backgrounds distract the reader from what's going on inside the character. Whenever I leave backgrounds out, this is to allow my readers to see the heart of the character."

Jo Kaps: "Besides manga, you also enyoy listening to music. But if you had to choose one of them..."

Kubo: "I could never give up manga." (Audience cheers for him)

Jo Kaps: "Some resourceful readers found out that you listen to music while drawing. Do you really?"

Kubo: "I do."

Jo Kaps: "And the music matches the scene? Like something calm when the character is deep in thougth or hard rock when there is a battle?" (Audience laughs)

Kubo: "Sometimes. The music is rather to support myself than something I choose to match the situation. One time I might listen to calm music when drawing a battle, the next time I might listen to hard sounds."

Jo Kaps: "Many mangaka have assistants that take over a part of the workload. Do you have any assistants?"

Kubo: "Yes, I have four."

Jo Kaps: "How do you distribute work?"

Kubo: "My assistants do [...] and the backgrounds." (Note: He said something else, but I could not unterstand the interpreter. It was something about lines.)

Jo Kaps: "Is there anything you would never allow an assistant to do? Something you absolutely want to draw yourself?"

Kubo: (*smiles*) "Explosions and other effects. They mirror a character's emotions."

Jo Kaps: "BLEACH is full of different languages. Quincys utilize the German language, the Arrancar name everything in Spanish. Fullbringers use English terms. Why?"

Kubo: "As for the Arrancar, I think that Spanish sounds very passionate and a little erotic, so it matches their wild lifestyle. German sounds cold, harsh and methodic, something that matches the straight-forward methods of the Quincys. I would also like to use French at some point, because it sounds very elegant. But I can't figure out a good way to include it into the story."

Jo Kaps: "I think it's about time for some drawing, isn't it?"

Kubo: "Alright. What do you want me to draw?"

Kubo's companions pick four people from the audience, each one may choose one character from BLEACH. Post-timeskip Hitsugaya and child Nel (audience complains, wanting to see adult Nel) are picked first, Kubo draws them like this: Crying Nel is clinging onto an irritated Hitsugaya's left shoulder. Hitsugaya stands in 3/4 profile, his head turnded towards Nel. The next pairing is Ulquiorra (leading the audience to boo at the girl who picked him) and Yoruichi (audience applauds in agreement). Kubo draws Yoruichi in the bottom right corner, having jumped down from one of Hueco Mundo's giant red pillars and still falling, looking back over her right shoulder with a stern face. Ulquiorra jumps after her, his right hand extended towards Yoruichi's back. [Note: The drawing process was recorded and will most likely be made availible via internet.]

Jo Kaps: "Now that was quite something. Let's come back to topic. When other BLEACH-related media besides manga is created (movies, merchandiese, games), are you involved in the process or do you have no time for this?"

Kubo: "I'd like to get involved. Sadly, I just don't have the time."

Jo Kaps: "As far as we know, you are a passionate gamer. Have you ever played a BLEACH video game? Which was you favorite?"

Kubo: "I played all of them, but I cannot name a favorite. Those games' names sound so similar to each other, I can't distinguish between them." (Audience laughs)

Jo Kaps: "BLEACH got several Rock Musicals, which is totally amazing. We know that you have seen at least one of them. What were your feelings?"

Kubo: "That was a strange situation for me. Those people on the stage were a mixture of human actors and fictional characters I created. It was a very weird feeling."

Jo Kaps: "Let's talk a little bit about the contents of BLEACH. Your German readers would like to know if they will be given more information about Ururu."

Kubo: "Ururu will stay a mystery. I might, however, change my mind, if revealing her background would benefit the story at some point."

Jo Kaps: "How about Grimmjow? Will he appear again?"

Kubo: "His fate will be revealed when the time has come." (Audience moans unpatiently)

Jo Kaps: "Why do Kaien and Ichigo look so much alike?"

Kubo: "That's what the manga in Japan is about right now."

Jo Kaps: "Well, that means we will also know in the forseeable future. Why is Aizen still alive?"

Kubo: "He is still necessary for the story."

Jo Kaps: "After Kaien died, why did Ukitake not choose a new Vice Captain for such a long time?"

Kubo: "Neither Sentaro nor Kiyone wanted to take that position, so they carried out the Vice Captain's tasks together als two 3rd Ranks."

Jo Kaps: "Is Ichimaru dead or does he, like Grimmjow, still have a chance to reappear?"

Kubo: "He is dead." (Audience groans in disappointment, me being the loudest one to complain) "It was the best for him to die there."

Jo Kaps: "You introduced Kugo Ginjo as the first Substitue Shinigami. Why having him as the first one, and not Ichigo?"

Kubo: "The way of turning a human into a Substitute Shinigami had to been known at the point Rukia turned Ichigo into one. How would she have known of the whole procedure, if she was the first person to ever turn somebody into a Substitute Shinigami?"

Jo Kaps: "Are there any stories you wanted to tell, but couldnt?"

Kubo: "Such an untold story exists for pretty much every single character, most of them were scrapped to to time issues. There is, for example, the story of what Grimmjow did before Aizen captured Hueco Mundo. I have this one all fleshed out, but could never tell it."

Jo Kaps: "Reder request demanding a new artbook arise more constantly now. There are lots of new pictures and characters, but no artbook to show them. Are you, by any chance, planing to release a new one?"

Kubo: "My editorial office recently began asking me to do so, and they ask quite frequently. I would love to make a new artbook, but there are timing issues preventing me from doing so."

Jo Kaps: "Thank you very much, Kubo-sensei."

Since several important questions I wanted Jo to ask Sensei were not asked in favor of stupid questions no one actually cares about, I bugged the staff of Tokyopop Germany about Kubos schedule and if there was time to talk to him personally. Initially a staff member told me about the possibility of Kubo answering questions right after the official interview. It did not happen. However, I talked the staff into giving me a ticket which allowed me to get Sensei's autograph on a shikishi. When I asked that aforementioned staff member if asking questions would be possible this time, she shook her head. "Don't bother trying", she recommended to me. But since Kubo's interpreter was present when he signed the shikishi, I tried. I have to admit, much to my shame, that due to lots of impatient fans waiting behind me and due to my heart hammering at 150bpm, I totally forgot about Buzzbee and only could ask two questions, which were about Äs Nödt (since I love this magnificent Bankai-stealing un-smile freak). At first Sensei was a bit startled by my sudden approach "Sensei, onegai!" (his reaction was kind of cute, though), but then he kindly told me that:

Äs Nödt is male. (Much to my personal disappointment)

His epithet, abbreviated as "F", is indeed "The Fear".

It was a real hassle to get close enough to Sensei to get this information, so I hope you can derive any kind of benefit from the interview and those two answers Sensei gave me.
    Kubo's most recent interview in Germany.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Kubo didn't have any assistants. Did he recently acquire them or something? Also that part about Gin being dead has me sobbing. Why did he have to kill the best character?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Kubo didn't have any assistants. Did he recently acquire them or something? Also that part about Gin being dead has me sobbing. Why did he have to kill the best character?
    Honestly, I didn't know that Kubo had any assistants until today so I guess you learn something new every day I'm guessing he recently acquired them or maybe it was just kept secret. I think it's cool that we finally have As Nodt's gender confirmation I wonder if we'll see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Honestly, I didn't know that Kubo had any assistants until today so I guess you learn something new every day I'm guessing he recently acquired them or maybe it was just kept secret. I think it's cool that we finally have As Nodt's gender confirmation I wonder if we'll see him again.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was under the impression that Kubo did all the work on his manga.

I kind of wish more things had been asked, but most of the questions were either not interesting to me personally, or things we already knew or will know in the near future (like the Kaien/Ichigo resemblance thing). But I guess Kubo's trip to Germany will be good for the manga; he'll be able to get ideas for more Quincy stuff, so that's good.

Jo Kaps: "Is there any character that is particularly difficult to draw?"

Kubo: "Ichigo is very diffucult."

Well, that sucks.

I love how Kubo calls German a harsh and cold language during a public interview IN Germany. It's true, but funny. Also interesting to know that Aizen will still be involved.

一心不解为什么面前的这个虚是黑色
    Isshin doesn't know why the hollow in front of him is black.

一心与黑虚战斗,蓝染和银远程围观 = =
    Isshin fights with the black hollow, while Aizen and Gin watch from afar.

真咲感觉到外面的异动,准备出去,但是被龙弦拦住
    Masaki feels something strange going on outside and prepares to go, but Ryuuken stops her.

真咲最终还是冲了出去,龙弦准备随即前往
    She still manages to dash out in the end, so Ryuuken prepares to go after her.

一心解放斩魄刀向黑虚冲过去 但是背后被蓝染补得一手好刀 Orz
    Isshin releases his zan and charges at the black hollow, but he gets slashed/stabbed in the back by Aizen.

Completely not sure if real. The whole "stabbed in the back by Aizen" makes me suspicious but I could easily believe Kubo would do it.

EDIT: Confirmed real, images are out. Oh boy here we go.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 27th March 2013 at 8:51 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    一心不解为什么面前的这个虚是黑色
    Isshin doesn't know why the hollow in front of him is black.

一心与黑虚战斗,蓝染和银远程围观 = =
    Isshin fights with the black hollow, while Aizen and Gin watch from afar.

真咲感觉到外面的异动,准备出去,但是被龙弦拦住
    Masaki feels something strange going on outside and prepares to go, but Ryuuken stops her.

真咲最终还是冲了出去,龙弦准备随即前往
    She still manages to dash out in the end, so Ryuuken prepares to go after her.

一心解放斩魄刀向黑虚冲过去 但是背后被蓝染补得一手好刀 Orz
    Isshin releases his zan and charges at the black hollow, but he gets slashed/stabbed in the back by Aizen.

Completely not sure if real. The whole "stabbed in the back by Aizen" makes me suspicious but I could easily believe Kubo would do it.

EDIT: Confirmed real, images are out. Oh boy here we go.
    Omg Kubo. Why you do this. It feels so much like a cop out. However it answers the question how Masaki defeated a hollow that was able to defeat isshin.

So Aizen cut Isshin down..well that was expected since he's behind pretty much everything.

Ok, just saw the whole thing. Isshin's release is soo cool. Can someone teach Ichigo how to seal his dang Zanny. It must get annoying carrying a huge sword on your back all the time.

So apparently Isshin's zanpakuto can manipulate fire? I always assumed that it would be like Zangetsu but Engetsu seems far more dependable, although not very original given the other fire-type zanpakuto we've seen. Anyway, I wanted confirmation that the hollow was a Vasto Lorde but we still don't know much about it.

So apparently Isshin's zanpakuto can manipulate fire? I always assumed that it would be like Zangetsu but Engetsu seems far more dependable, although not very original given the other fire-type zanpakuto we've seen. Anyway, I wanted confirmation that the hollow was a Vasto Lorde but we still don't know much about it.
    I don't know if it's fire. In the anime it doesn't look anything like fire just reiatsu
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...sugaTensho.gif

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I can't get over how awesome that thing looks.

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Ok, just saw the whole thing. Isshin's release is soo cool. Can someone teach Ichigo how to seal his dang Zanny. It must get annoying carrying a huge sword on your back all the time.
    His sealed Zanpakuto was even more ridiculous then his Shikai. Basically, only his Bankai is normal
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Oh, boy. The more Aizen is involved, the less I'm interested.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Aizen is involved with everything. Even the creation of this manga.

In fact, we are all Aizen.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 27th March 2013 at 6:40 PM.

It's probably a prototype Vasto developed by Aizen. This would explain why Aizen was so curious in watching it fight Isshin, he likely wanted to see it's capabilities and fighting a captain class opponent allowed more display of it's versatility. Aizen the realized that Isshin new there was someone else pulling the strings, or that he would find out, so he decided to go on his own to dispose of him.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I thought Aizen was Ryuu at first. The former actually makes more sense, for once.

Dang you Aizen >.>
    Why you have to be such a jerk?

It would have been such an awesome battle... Hollow against Ichigo's dad
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't know if it's fire. In the anime it doesn't look anything like fire just reiatsu
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...sugaTensho.gif

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I can't get over how awesome that thing looks.
    I'm assuming it has something to do with fire since its release command was "burn," plus that stuff around it looked similar to Yama's zanpakuto's flames to me.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Aizen at the end of the chapter. I just didn't think he'd appear in front of Isshin like that.

I'm calling it right now that Isshin uses the Final Getsuga Tenshou to beat the Vasto Lorde along with Aizen and his gang.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Page 463 of 499 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473 ... LastLast