Page 355 of 502 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 12541

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You're assuming that Byakuya trained to beat Aizen, which may not be the case. Renji said that he had trained to be as strong as Aizen, but I think Kubo gave him that line because Renji needed motivation to become stronger. I don't think that the Captains trained to become stronger than Aizen, although I'm sure they did some form of training. But what I'm getting at is that even though Byakuya is a powerful shinigami, he may not defeat Tsukishima with a single attack.
    The take home lesson is the fullbringers could have been so much more but as Kubo makes a habit of, he made them crap, and had to involve the SS and shinigami as those are his bread and butter.

You're assuming that Byakuya trained to beat Aizen, which may not be the case. Renji said that he had trained to be as strong as Aizen, but I think Kubo gave him that line because Renji needed motivation to become stronger. I don't think that the Captains trained to become stronger than Aizen, although I'm sure they did some form of training. But what I'm getting at is that even though Byakuya is a powerful shinigami, he may not defeat Tsukishima with a single attack.
    Yup, it wasn't explicitly stated or anything, but since Renji (and Hitsugaya) did train to beat Aizen, I think we can assume that the other Captains did too, or otherwise, well, Byakuya would be surpassed by Renji. Just my opinion though.

Mhm, maybe not a single attack, but based on the other fights so far, I'm again assuming it would be at most, one chapter long. Since Tsukishima's key to his ability lies in cutting his opponent, if he's facing a character that he cannot even touch, well, he's basically ****ed.

You could say its thanks to Aizen that Renji and Hitsugaya are stronger now.....
    I still want their batttle with Aizen to be one-sided, because if all the captains are sudeenly on par with Aizen the entire manga will lose its purpose.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by multi-scale View Post
    You could say its thanks to Aizen that Renji and Hitsugaya are stronger now.....
    I still want their batttle with Aizen to be one-sided, because if all the captains are sudeenly on par with Aizen the entire manga will lose its purpose.

We have yet to see the extent of Toshirou's growth.

The thing Aizen also had going for him though was that he was an absolute genius. He planned everything (as everyone likes to make fun of). Even if all the captains somehow got as strong as him, his cunning could help him evade them. He did it the first time he left Soul Society, I'm sure he'd find to do it again. At least that's how I see it.

The take home lesson is the fullbringers could have been so much more but as Kubo makes a habit of, he made them crap, and had to involve the SS and shinigami as those are his bread and butter.
    I'm actually pretty shocked. To be honest I wasn't totally loving the Fullbring arc. But it seems like it's ending so abruptly (not that the whole arc is ending necessarily, but the whole group is kinda getting killed off), I hope Kubo has something in mind other then just completely wiping them out. Because otherwise they really served no purpose what so ever. You could say they helped him with his shinigami powers, but honestly, couldn't Urahara have done something? Kubo could have easily done something with him, or any other smart character, heck even ANY old character, without having to introduce a whole new group only to wipe them out. I think he's going to go farther with this.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdamanda View Post
    You could say they helped him with his shinigami powers, but honestly, couldn't Urahara have done something? Kubo could have easily done something with him, or any other smart character, heck even ANY old character, without having to introduce a whole new group only to wipe them out. I think he's going to go farther with this.
    We'll just have to wait and see if they play any further roles.. For now, I could only assume that they were designed to build up to that climax we had a few weeks ago: Ichigo's "peaking" emotion, realizing all his friends were "brainwashed" by Tsukishima, and Ginjou was actually revealed to be a bad guy. When all hopes seem lost, poof, Rukia appears and gives him his powers back. That way would have been cooler rather than just a normal day walking back home from school when he suddenly gets stabbed, and "Hey I've got my powers back!"

That, and also the part about Ginjou being the first shinigami representative. What makes an exile shinigami even cooler? An exile shinigami who has a group of supporters behind him, hence: XCution.

Apart from that, we'll just have to see further role they play in the plot, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see if they play any further roles.. For now, I could only assume that they were designed to build up to that climax we had a few weeks ago: Ichigo's "peaking" emotion, realizing all his friends were "brainwashed" by Tsukishima, and Ginjou was actually revealed to be a bad guy. When all hopes seem lost, poof, Rukia appears and gives him his powers back. That way would have been cooler rather than just a normal day walking back home from school when he suddenly gets stabbed, and "Hey I've got my powers back!"

That, and also the part about Ginjou being the first shinigami representative. What makes an exile shinigami even cooler? An exile shinigami who has a group of supporters behind him, hence: XCution.

Apart from that, we'll just have to see further role they play in the plot, I guess.
    I suppose thats true, I actually forgot that whole other substitute shinigami thing. That part of this arc actually interests me.

On another note, I watched the Hell Chapter movie. Oh goodness. I suppose I missed the band wagon for the whole "it totally sucked" thing. But it did. I could go ranting, but I think I missed that whole phase.

I suppose thats true, I actually forgot that whole other substitute shinigami thing. That part of this arc actually interests me.

On another note, I watched the Hell Chapter movie. Oh goodness. I suppose I missed the band wagon for the whole "it totally sucked" thing. But it did. I could go ranting, but I think I missed that whole phase.
    I've yet to see that movie.

So the consensus is to "skip it"?

I hope at least 2 or 3 FullBringers go rogue after this arc and ally with Team Ichigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    I hope at least 2 or 3 FullBringers go rogue after this arc and ally with Team Ichigo.
    Looking at what's going on, I can expect only one FullBringer to survive, and that's Riruka, but I have a feeling that she might not. So basically, no Full Bringer is gonna survive. Hooray!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I've yet to see that movie.

So the consensus is to "skip it"?

Watch the movie is my suggestion. If you dislike it after the first 20 mins then quit watching it.

I haven't seen it, but I've seen some screenshots of the movie. It looks pretty generic from what I can tell. I'm sure there are some good parts, but I personally don't see any real appeal in the Bleach movies. I liked the introduction chapter that we got for it a while back, though. It was cool seeing the 8th Espada and the 9th Espada interact with each other.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Watch the movie is my suggestion. If you dislike it after the first 20 mins then quit watching it.
    I saw the special episode of the anime, an exposition to the movie I think, and I did enjoy that one so….

Mhm. I hope Yukio might actually turn out to be a good guy, but he's pretty much been a jerk lately. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Looking at what's going on, I can expect only one FullBringer to survive, and that's Riruka, but I have a feeling that she might not. So basically, no Full Bringer is gonna survive. Hooray!
    Except Tsukishima, if his powers are needed to turn back Ichigo's friends and sisters back to normal. Unless, of course, if Urahara already got a counter for that.

I liked the introduction chapter that we got for it a while back, though. It was cool seeing the 8th Espada and the 9th Espada interact with each other.
    If you don't mind spoilers:
        Spoiler:

So yeah. Your choice.

14. Default

I for one miss the Espada, another once privileged group that Kubo watered down and made less than the hype that once surrounded them.

I fondly miss Tier Harribel, and Ulquiorra….

I for one miss the Espada, another once privileged group that Kubo watered down and made less than the hype that once surrounded them.

I hated most of the weaker Espada since their powers weren't that interesting. The stronger Espada had potential, but they were defeated really easily, which was a letdown. Yammy was probably the least developed of the Espada, and I'm still upset that Kubo didn't show his entire fight against Byakuya and Kenpachi.

And such is the way of Kubo. Take insanely powerful characters with unlimited potential and turn them into pieces of **** so Hitsugaya and Ichigo don't get obliterated.

17. Default

I hated most of the weaker Espada since their powers weren't that interesting. The stronger Espada had potential, but they were defeated really easily, which was a letdown. Yammy was probably the least developed of the Espada, and I'm still upset that Kubo didn't show his entire fight against Byakuya and Kenpachi.
    I held no particular interest in the Yammi fight.

However, I do feel Kubo took a cop-out in not fleshing out the fight.

Yammy was probably the least developed of the Espada, and I'm still upset that Kubo didn't show his entire fight against Byakuya and Kenpachi.
    Uh huh, right. And also that Kensei vs Wonderweiss fight. He like, went bankai, and that's the last we heard of him.

And such is the way of Kubo. Take insanely powerful characters with unlimited potential and turn them into pieces of **** so Hitsugaya and Ichigo don't get obliterated.
    Yukio, right. He could probably do anything in his dimension, but made monsters appear and attack. >.>

19. Default

Uh huh, right. And also that Kensei vs Wonderweiss fight. He like, went bankai, and that's the last we heard of him.

Yukio, right. He could probably do anything in his dimension, but made monsters appear and attack. >.>
    Yukio-kun's issue is the same as Tier's, he did not take Toshirou serious enough.

If either had went for a death blow from the get-go, they may have triumphed.

But Toshirou is the number one fan favorite so plot hax protects him time and again
    /

I really don't miss Ulquiorra... he was cool I guess but I felt he was a little overrated. The only Arrancar or Espada I really liked was Grimmjow or Starrk, anyway so apparently the Fullbring arc starts tomorrow in the anime? I can't miss that I'll watch it when I get home from school

Didn't Kensei die? I mean he was against Wonderweiss probably one of the strongest... if not the strongest arrancar.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    I really don't miss Ulquiorra... he was cool I guess but I felt he was a little overrated. The only Arrancar or Espada I really liked was Grimmjow or Starrk, anyway so apparently the Fullbring arc starts tomorrow in the anime? I can't miss that I'll watch it when I get home from school

Ok good, thanks for reminding me!

I have been away from the anime since the Aizen conflict resolved.

Ok good, thanks for reminding me!

I have been away from the anime since the Aizen conflict resolved.
    You missed some good filler episodes man. Captains vs Captain, Bankai vs Bankai, Unohana kicking ass, old Yama owning people, and hilarious shinigami golden. Heck even Kisuke and Yoruichi fought in the filler arc.

23. Default

You missed some good filler episodes man. Captains vs Captain, Bankai vs Bankai, Unohana kicking ass, old Yama owning people, and hilarious shinigami golden. Heck even Kisuke and Yoruichi fought in the filler arc.
    I saw a couple early eps of the latest filler and it did not tickle my fancy.

Maybe if I marathon watch them I may like it betteR?

Bankai versus Bankai? That sounds exciting.

I saw a couple early eps of the latest filler and it did not tickle my fancy.
    I tried keeping up with the previous filler arc, but I stopped watching it after a while. I thought it was better than some of the other fillers arcs, but it still wasn't up to par with the manga material. And since I'm already on the subject, I think I may re-read the manga from the start since there are tons of things that I missed. Maybe the events of the past will provide clues about the future.

Bankai versus Bankai? That sounds exciting.
    Soi fon vs Komamura sticks out in my mind along with Kisuke vs Kisuke. (Kisuke doesn't go bankai so don't get your hopes up) Also Hollow Ichigo makes an appearance. Warning, Hitsugaya gets owned pretty badly by Hinamori in the filler arc.

Page 355 of 502 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast