Page 399 of 502 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 12528

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

Because they come out on Wednesday. Not Saturday.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I was assuming it would change seeing how it released on Saturday last week. -shrugs-

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    I was assuming it would change seeing how it released on Saturday last week. -shrugs-
    That was an early leak due to Golden Week, we really weren't supposed to see or get those chapters released that day.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I get the feeling Unohana is gonna bite it.
    I hope not. She's going to reveal her Bankai during this arc, and it would be pretty messed up if she died right after that; she's supposed to be really tough, almost as tough as Yama.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I hope not. She's going to reveal her Bankai during this arc, and it would be pretty messed up if she died right after that; she's supposed to be really tough, almost as tough as Yama.
    Who are we kidding?

This is Bleach, no main good-guy characters die. Except for the ones that were already dead when the story started, or the ones that switch sides(Gin/Kaname)

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Who are we kidding?

This is Bleach, no main good-guy characters die. Except for the ones that were already dead when the story started, or the ones that switch sides(Gin/Kaname)
    Ah, but things seem to have changed now. We had Sasakibe get killed before the war even began, so we're already off to a good start.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Then again, Sasakibe isn't really a major character in the sense that the only times he's seen in the manga is during the Rukia rescue arc, and once during the FKT war. Unohana... well, she's a Captain at the very least. At any rate, I just want to see her in a fight.

What Elekible-Kid should've said was "No important good guy ever dies in Bleach."

But, but he knew bankai and everything...

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What Elekible-Kid should've said was "No important good guy ever dies in Bleach."
    Yeah, important/major // tomatos/tomahtoes.

If Isane Kotetsu died, ppl wouldn't care or really remember why she matters either.

If Isane Kotetsu died, ppl wouldn't care or really remember why she matters either.
    I stan for her, so I would be sad if she died. In my opinion, Sasakibe died to show us how strong the Vandenreich are. He was a necessary sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    But, but he knew bankai and everything...
    That bankai, I smell ass-pullage. :P
    Kubo needs us to know that the Vandenreich can steal bankai, so he made Sasakibe has one. He could've pulled the same trick on a, say, Captain, but since he'll need them for the upcoming war or something, he needs to kill a character with... no apparent value. Thus, Sasakibe.

That's how I see it anyway. I mean, if Sasakibe is really a strong character (obtaining bankai before Shunsui and Ukitake), it doesn't make sense that all he does during the FKT arc was to guard the barrier.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    That bankai, I smell ass-pullage. :P
    Kubo needs us to know that the Vandenreich can steal bankai, so he made Sasakibe has one. He could've pulled the same trick on a, say, Captain, but since he'll need them for the upcoming war or something, he needs to kill a character with... no apparent value. Thus, Sasakibe.

That's how I see it anyway. I mean, if Sasakibe is really a strong character (obtaining bankai before Shunsui and Ukitake), it doesn't make sense that all he does during the FKT arc was to guard the barrier.
    Exactly.

If Sasa was so splendid and powerful, he could have went bankai and killed an Espada or something.

To be fair, most of the Captains could barely kill an Espada. And the Vizards who trained for 100 years to defeat Aizen barely did any better.

Well, in all honesty, Saskibe would be needed if the other captains went down, so its a good thing that he wasn't fighting. (The same reason Unonhanna doesn't fight even though she is supposed to be extremely powerful.) Not all powerful characters are meant to be on the front lines. Basically, Yama needed someone he knew wouldn't screw up at his side. That person just happened to be Sasa.

In actuality, if sasa was a weak as we believed, he wouldn't have retained that vice captains position for so long.

To be fair, most of the Captains could barely kill an Espada. And the Vizards who trained for 100 years to defeat Aizen barely did any better.
    Hachigen did well against Barragan, though. He lost his arm, but things could've been a lot worse. And I'm still convinced that Love and Rose would have been able to defeat Starrk had they used their bankai. But anyway, I wonder if there are a few more lieutenants who secretly have a bankai, but have yet to reveal it.

17. Default

Hachigen did well against Barragan, though. He lost his arm, but things could've been a lot worse. And I'm still convinced that Love and Rose would have been able to defeat Starrk had they used their bankai. But anyway, I wonder if there are a few more lieutenants who secretly have a bankai, but have yet to reveal it.
    Let's face it, the Espada AND the Captains/Vice/Vaizard all held back to an extent, especially the early half of their battles, for story lengthening purposes.

Wasn't that the only case with Hitsugaya and Harribell?

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    Well, in all honesty, Saskibe would be needed if the other captains went down, so its a good thing that he wasn't fighting. (The same reason Unonhanna doesn't fight even though she is supposed to be extremely powerful.) Not all powerful characters are meant to be on the front lines. Basically, Yama needed someone he knew wouldn't screw up at his side. That person just happened to be Sasa.

In actuality, if sasa was a weak as we believed, he wouldn't have retained that vice captains position for so long.
    Thing is, Unohana is a healer, so Yama wouldn't send her on the front line anyway. Like back in the TBtP arc when she asked Yamamoto that wouldn't it be better for her to go to the scene herself; Yama objected saying that they can't just send a healer to a scene where they don't know what exactly is happening. That, and Yama was already prepared to sacrifice all the Captains anyway with his Ennetsu Jigoku, so... yeah.

That's my opinion anyway.

Let's face it, the Espada AND the Captains/Vice/Vaizard all held back to an extent, especially the early half of their battles, for story lengthening purposes.
    Because if they go all out, they get obliterated off screen. Poor Kensei. Ah well.
    Last edited by arceus03; 9th May 2012 at 6:17 AM.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Because if they go all out, they get obliterated off screen. Poor Kensei. Ah well.
    Kensei needs some redemption....

I love Kensei, and we need some more Kensei/Mashiro interaction goodness.

Well we know at least two of them were attempting to learn it near the beginning of the Winter War and the Vizard lieutenants had 100 years to attempt to learn it, so we should be due for a few more to appear in addition to the various one's not yet shown by the other Captains.

Spoiler:- Spoiler pics:
    Ah, the Tres Bestias look like they interrupt the battle and bring out Ayon.
    Last edited by TsukiMirage; 9th May 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Go away, ladies. You're just going to get your asses kicked again.

The chapter seemed rather short imo. Anyway, I wasn't interested in Ichigo's fight with Kirge. I probably won't be interested in any fights until someone releases their bankai. I was pleasantly surprised to see Ayon and his mistresses, though. I thought they were dead for sure, but they came back. I hope they do something useful.

23. Default

Return of the beast - Ayon.

For once I was pleased to see it.

Well the fight between Ichigo and Kirge showed promise and I can't wait to see it continue later on. We also got confirmation that Vollstandig is different from Letzt Stil. Now the question is why would Ishida's grandfather stick with Letzt Stil and possible power loss over the better Vollstandig. There much be some flaw in Vollstandig that we haven't seen yet. And it was nice to see Ayon return. Kirge fighting it should give us a clue as to exactly how strong he is. Wonderful chapter.

25. Default

Well the fight between Ichigo and Kirge showed promise and I can't wait to see it continue later on. We also got confirmation that Vollstandig is different from Letzt Stil. Now the question is why would Ishida's grandfather stick with Letzt Stil and possible power loss over the better Vollstandig. There much be some flaw in Vollstandig that we haven't seen yet. And it was nice to see Ayon return. Kirge fighting it should give us a clue as to exactly how strong he is. Wonderful chapter.
    Real question -

Is that Quincy bankai or Shikai?

Page 399 of 502 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast