Page 407 of 502 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 12538

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

So next to the Star Knight's name there is a letter assigned. I wonder what the letter stands for as we only have 3 right now, U, F, and E.

A transition chapter as we are prepared for SS eventual destruction. Surprised that more of the Lieutenants aren't out but the focus is mostly on the Star Knights and Captains.

It seems like the Star Knights have their own versions of Lieutenants with the big guy attacking Renji out of nowhere and him not being a Star Knight.

Really looking forward to the next chapter as more is revealed and the fighting kicks into overdrive.

And if so, who the hell is stupid enough to come up with a name like this?
    Are we really gonna get into this? Because there are some really stupid names thrown by authors all the time as a joke at the characters expense in nearly all manga.
    Last edited by Crimsonlink; 6th June 2012 at 1:01 PM.

Surprised that Kenpachi hasn't gone and claimed a SR for himself. Maybe he got lost........

On a serious note, noooooo renji. Getting jumped by another stern ritter (trashy design BTW)..... Well, hopefully he can get back at him and beat him back. And man, the captains are looking pretty scary as of lately. Komamura when he grabbed the girls arm (didn't expect that matchup), and Rose when he was about to fight the stern ritter guy who looked like a mix between kenpachi and tozen.

Overall, the chapter was pretty good. Can't wait to see the battles progress even further.
    Yes, Furosuto means Frost in Japanese.

That NaNaNa guy looks like Tosen. Anyway, most of the match-ups are really strange. I'm fine with Rose fighting that NaNaNa guy, but I never expected to see Renji and Byakuya fighting against that Unohana clone (As Nodt). Seeing Komamura against the little girl Quincy was even stranger, and I get the feeling that he's going to lose against her.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    That NaNaNa guy looks like Tosen. Anyway, most of the match-ups are really strange. I'm fine with Rose fighting that NaNaNa guy, but I never expected to see Renji and Byakuya fighting against that Unohana clone (As Nodt). Seeing Komamura against the little girl Quincy was even stranger, and I get the feeling that he's going to lose against her.
    I feel like Bambetta is going to kill or defeat Komamura.. her letter suggest that she has a high rank assuming that A is the highest. And As Nodt is probably one of the creepiest characters we've seen so far his eyes are just so blank.

5. Default

Well, I think the female Quiincy chick is cool!

Also, hooray if Kira is really dead......he should be anyway, as Rose made such a big deal and they spent sooo many pages discussing Kira's reiatsu having completely vanished, so yay for that.

It was a nice surprise to see Rose make an appearance and look serious, since the Vizards need some time to shine. The other match ups were interesting too, especially Komamura against the little girl. Anyway, gotta agree with Byakuya. No reason for the shinigami to hold back and fight with shikai, time to go all out with everything they have. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I feel like Bambetta is going to kill or defeat Komamura.. her letter suggest that she has a high rank assuming that A is the highest. And As Nodt is probably one of the creepiest characters we've seen so far his eyes are just so blank.
    I think both Quincy are really interesting; I especially liked Bambietta's comment about Komamura being a doggie. I think everyone but Komamura will make it out alive; I'm honestly surprised that he didn't die during the Fake Karakura Town arc though.

I think both Quincy are really interesting; I especially liked Bambietta's comment about Komamura being a doggie. I think everyone but Komamura will make it out alive; I'm honestly surprised that he didn't die during the Fake Karakura Town arc though.
    I honestly thought he would die when he was fighting Tosen. It was the perfect occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    So next to the Star Knight's name there is a letter assigned. I wonder what the letter stands for as we only have 3 right now, U, F, and E.
    Maybe they all represent a letter, just like the Espada were numbers.
    But I think having 26 Stern Ritters would be overkill.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 6th June 2012 at 9:35 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I honestly thought he would die when he was fighting Tosen. It was the perfect occasion

Maybe they all represent a letter, just like the Espada were numbers.
    But I think having 26 Stern Ritters would be overkill.
    If we do get 26 Stern Ritters I think the Royal Guard will come in and take care of the rest they all seem extremely powerful especially As Nodt. I wonder who's going to go up against Buzby(The Mohawk Guy) I hope it's either Kensei or Ichigo.

Big set-up chapter. The fights I really want toi see is Komamura (he actually needs a proper battle), Kyoraku, Ukitake, and Rose. Next week looks to be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If we do get 26 Stern Ritters I think the Royal Guard will come in and take care of the rest they all seem extremely powerful especially As Nodt. I wonder who's going to go up against Buzby(The Mohawk Guy) I hope it's either Kensei or Ichigo.
    I can see Kensei fighting him. And it would be a very good chance to show what his Bankai is really capable of.

Ichigo will probably fight the long-haired Stern Ritter leader. He has a strong Byakuya/Ulquiorra aura around him and Ichigo always gets those.

I like the idea of there being 26 Stern Ritters because it would guarantee Squad Zero's involvement in the war. And like I said before, I have a feeling that the Vandenreich's true goal is to lure Squad Zero out so they can attack the Spirit King while his defenses are low. Think Aizen's scheme but on a bigger scale.

I have a reeeeeeaaaaaally hard time believing that Komamura will die. We've seen him get hit with so many fatal attacks before, and nontheless, he's managed to get back up. I don't think I even need to list all of the time's he's been hit. His main "role" in the gotei 13 is to be a tank. He tanks every single attack that has been inflicted on him. He was the only captain to retaliate after being wounded by Aizen. I think he should be able to survive this battle. Albeit, he might lose a limb or two in the process....... I just hope we don't see something ridiculous like him trying to use hakuda against her and she just catches the punch with one hand.

But yeah, a lot of suspicion has been about the royal guard showing up. Has there been any mention saying that the royal guard might need to show up and help take care of the stern ritter by a captain?

We get to see some matchups, nothing new we haven't seen yet. I wonder if Flying V is Rose's zanpakto technique or something. And it's pretty cool the way he said that to the Stern Ritter. Kind of balances back what the SR said last chapter about pulverizing the shinigami.

... I just hope he doesn't get defeated easily. At least not before giving a good fight, otherwise his speech would have been all for talk.

The SR names are... weird. Maybe Kubo just, idk, slams his palm on his keyboard and decide what name to give based on the characters that show up. I mean, Nanana Najahkoop?

Seems like the Ritters have different abilities. I think the next few chapters are going to be very interesting. Also someone in the manga thread mentioned this, but I just noticed that As Nodt looks like Unohana o.o Maybe not really look like her, but you get reminded of her when you see him. Maybe it's the eyes and the hair. Hmm.

Oh, wow. Last chapter we got Kira's arm, this chapter we got a full upper body of a shinigami. Kubo really has a limb fetish eh?

Of all the matchups, only Hisagi is the Vice Captain (technically Renji is too, but he has bankai). Could possibly mean Hisagi has bankai? Idk.

Also Unohana is not shown... yet. I guess she'll come much later into the fight, maybe after a few Captains are dead/heavily injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Furosuto View Post
    But yeah, a lot of suspicion has been about the royal guard showing up. Has there been any mention saying that the royal guard might need to show up and help take care of the stern ritter by a captain?
    Not really by a Captain, but by Kubo. lol.
    Last edited by arceus03; 7th June 2012 at 2:17 AM.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c495/12.html

I swear, when I saw Komamura on this page for the first time, I tinkled my pants. And even after that he's still scary on this page.......

Anyways, I don't really know what Kubo was thinking of when designing these quincy. We have a guy who looks like a cross between pre timeskip kenpachi and tozen and a mexican wrestler. I'm sorry, but these are kinda sad characters in the design aisle.

If Komamura does end up dying within the invasion I hope he dies in some bad *** way. A part of me is saying he will die.
    But I'm hoping he has probably learned some new technique during the time Ichigo was trying to get his abilities back.

I have a reeeeeeaaaaaally hard time believing that Komamura will die. We've seen him get hit with so many fatal attacks before, and nontheless, he's managed to get back up.
    I don't know why Kubo has kept him alive this long. I might have cited popularity as a reason why he's still alive, but I don't think Komamura is all-that popular to begin with. I'd like to be optimistic and say he'll have a new technique, but seeing as he didn't have one during his previous battle, I'm not betting on it.

Previous battle? Which one? He didn't have any battles ever since his fight with Aizen if I'm not mistaken. Although hopefully he might have upgraded his bankai just like Ichigo and Renji have.

Actually, that leads me to a question about komamura's bankai. It mirrors Komamura's movements right? So if that's the case, then if Komamura were to flash step, wouldn't his bankai do the same? Cause if it did, then I could see Komamura becoming a big threat right off the bat. Imagine one moment you see a wolf and a giant, the next, you're sent flying thousands of feet back because the bankai smashed into you full force with flash step.

I don't know why Kubo has kept him alive this long. I might have cited popularity as a reason why he's still alive, but I don't think Komamura is all-that popular to begin with. I'd like to be optimistic and say he'll have a new technique, but seeing as he didn't have one during his previous battle, I'm not betting on it.
    He's not. Not really. It's commonly believed that's why Shuhei was the one to ultimately defeat Tosen and not him (even though it was very cool, it fits Shuhei's character and stuff), Kubo is very popularity-driven. I think Komamura was kept alive this long simply because Kubo didn't want to kill any good guys up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by REL720 View Post
    If Komamura does end up dying within the invasion I hope he dies in some bad *** way. A part of me is saying he will die.
    But I'm hoping he has probably learned some new technique during the time Ichigo was trying to get his abilities back.
    I don't think Komamura will die.. at least not in this fight he's able to take so much punishment and honestly I just can't see Bambietta defeating him. The only captain that I think should die is Yamamoto, Shunsui, or Ukitake.

Komamura to me, feels like he's an intermediate captain in a way. He's not inexperienced, and I feel that he will survive as if Yammy G and/or Ukitake/Shunsui die, then Komamura would take over the role of being the elder male captain in a way. Like, if after this arc we see a 10 year timeskip, we would see Komamura as a battle hardened male captain. Of course, if he were to die, it would have to be in some awesome way where he takes down his opponent with him.

Hello people! I didn't know there was a Bleach thread here.
    Allow me to give my 2 cents about the subject:

I see Komamura as pretty strong captain. But he is the type of guy who MUST one-hit-KO his opponents or else he will be screwed.
    The fact that all the damage his Bankai receives is reflected in his body is a very big drawback.

What is a shame, because his Bankai looks fantastic.

Anyway, I need to read the last chapters, I didn't even know that he appeared.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 7th June 2012 at 6:20 AM.

Still, his bankai is deceptively fast because it mirrors komamuras movements. It IS supposed to be a one hit wonder kind of bankai, but at least he can still fight with it (unlike soi fon), and be versatile with it (Toshiro vs anything related with fire=done for). Plus it has all of that strength backed up to it.

Against someone like this girl stern ritter (too tired to remember name), I think Komamura's brute strength can help out a bit, as I doubt that the girl is physically strong enough to win. Keep in mind that quincies are technically humans that manipulate reiatsu, so I doubt they would be able to survive terrible hits when they let their guard down (which someone as young as this girl will probably do too many times).

Also, I remember watching Komamura fighting tozen and after a huge explosion, Komamura's bankai came out of nowhere and delivered a surprise attack against tozen, managing to crush most of the mask. This leads me to suspect that his bankai MAY be able to utilize flash step, seeing as it mirrors Komamura's movements.

I remember the attack crushing one of Tousen's arms. If not by his hollow powers, Komamura would have won that fight (But again, if Tousen hadn't hollow powers, he would have used his bankai, which I think would be too much for Komamura too handle...). Anyway, I think he have the most raw/destructive power between the captains, but he is like a "glass cannon". The Rampardos of Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Anyway, I need to read the last chapters, I didn't even know that he appeared.
    Today's chapter, in case you haven't read it yet.

Against someone like this girl stern ritter (too tired to remember name), I think Komamura's brute strength can help out a bit, as I doubt that the girl is physically strong enough to win. Keep in mind that quincies are technically humans that manipulate reiatsu, so I doubt they would be able to survive terrible hits when they let their guard down (which someone as young as this girl will probably do too many times).
    Pairing up a huge, physically powerful character against a little, seemingly weaker one rarely ends well for the former. It's often, maybe almost always, used to surprise us and illustrate how badass the latter is, since he/she is able to beat up a way bigger adversary. And it wouldn't be the first time Komamura is quickly defeated to show how powerful the enemy is (Aizen and his Black Coffin, Tosen's Resurreccion).

Page 407 of 502 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457 ... LastLast