Page 411 of 502 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 12526

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

  1. #10251
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    I think its very interesting that 4 of the Captains whose Bankai we have seen the most were the ones taken away excluding Soi-Fon.

    People can complain all they want but now I'm very interested in how this goes in the theme of the war. Quincy hate the Shinigami yet are willing to steal their power and maybe use it as their own. Plus this gives the perfect excuse for SS's destruction and some Zero Squad saving whatever is left.

    It is good to note that the Quincy can be damaged even with bloodcoat active. As for the plan, I think it was the fault of misinformation. The Captains thought that Bankai was sealed, not stolen. So it makes sense for them to allow the Bankai to be sealed only to break it and then take it back.

    Score
    Quincy 1000+ Shinigami 0

  2. #10252
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Good point. Kenpachi is one of the strongest captains, and he doesn't even have Bankai. Kenpachi will probably end up saving the day.

    And Byakuya was only able to damage Nodt's hand with his shikai, and as we know Byakuya is no nonsense. He probably knew he would be unable to actually kill him with using Bankai.
    Eh, from what we know of the Quincy, they are not only able to steal bankai but harness reiatsu as well. Kenpachi with his massive reiatsu would be a fodder for the Quincy to suck it all up.

    Good point there. You mean "without"

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm going to stop reading the manga if that happens. There was already enough Kenpachi hax in the newest Bleach novel, and combined with some of his past fights in the manga, him saving the day would just be annoying. The other captains better defeat the Stern Ritters with their shikai; I won't even care if DEM is used.
    DEM?

    I'm going to at least wait until Unohana goes to fight before stopping, if I'd stop reading at all :P

    Quote Originally Posted by REL720 View Post
    So I guess the lieutenants will have to save day alongside their somewhat useless Captains?
    They still have other stuff up their sleeve.. Mainly Kido and shunko, though idk if that's going to be absorbed away as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    People can complain all they want but now I'm very interested in how this goes in the theme of the war. Quincy hate the Shinigami yet are willing to steal their power and maybe use it as their own.

    It is good to note that the Quincy can be damaged even with bloodcoat active. As for the plan, I think it was the fault of misinformation. The Captains thought that Bankai was sealed, not stolen. So it makes sense for them to allow the Bankai to be sealed only to break it and then take it back.
    Interesting point there.

    Yeah.. From what we know of Sasakibe, it's just "they can ... bankai" so they never knew it was going to be stolen away. Seems like the key to the stealing is the item they used by the way, that circular with a pentagram inside. My hunch is that sooner or later Mayuri will find a way to deactivate that device after analyzing a few Captains' battles.

    Interestingly though they don't seem to be able to steal shikai, so maybe that item is indeed a specialized item designed to specifically steal bankai.


  3. #10253
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm going to stop reading the manga if that happens
    Count three with me.

  4. #10254
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    DEM?
    Deus ex machina.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Plus this gives the perfect excuse for SS's destruction and some Zero Squad saving whatever is left.
    I'm all for Zero Squad coming to save Soul Society, but I don't think we're quite ready for that just yet. An appearance by them in the present climate would just mean that we won't see Unohana's bankai or one of the other senior captain's bankai since the focus would shift to Zero Squad's members. I want the shinigami to find a solution to the bankai issue before Zero Squad arrives.

  5. #10255

    Default

    Anyone else wonder why so far, Ichigo's Bankai was the only one who wasn't able to be stolen? I mean, it would seem the Arrancar (forgot his name) was using the same method, yet he failed. Anyone got any theories as too why?

    Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


    Planned Pokemon Y Team:



    Planned Pokemon X Team:



    3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

  6. #10256
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Anyone else wonder why so far, Ichigo's Bankai was the only one who wasn't able to be stolen? I mean, it would seem the Arrancar (forgot his name) was using the same method, yet he failed. Anyone got any theories as too why?
    Maybe it has something to do with its capacity to use the Final Getsuga, which consists in an ability that arguably surpasses Bankai, since the user merges with the zanpakutou. Maybe such kind of ability is a requirement for Royal Guard members, and that's why they might end up being Soul Society's salvation.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  7. #10257
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    So basically the summary of the chapter:

    - Byakyua shows up, takes out one stern ritter and damages the other.
    - Captains explain plan to lieutenants that they will go bankai and once it gets sealed off, they will combine their efforts to break the seals.
    - Komamura and Byakyua show us their boss bankais, followed up by soi fon's freaking ridiculous bankai, and Toshiro's..... not so cool bankai.
    - The seals activate, and kokojo tenken myoo gets cut in half and disintegrates, senbonzakura gets absorbed, and so do the rest of the bankais.
    - Much to the captains horror, they find out that they don't seal bankai, but they steal it.
    - Chapter ends with Az Nodt...... Gin smiling? Cool!

    So yeah, if they actually have to fight the stern ritter that have their bankai, here's what I think will go down.

    - Komamura fights against Bambietta who gets over-confident now that she has his bankai and attacks. Komamura and Iba come up with a plan and use Tenken's flaw against the less durable Bambietta. Seeing as she isn't as durable as Komamura is due to her small size, she begins getting cuts from the bankai. She tries to shoot arrows at them, but Kokojo tenken myoo does the same making it useless against the 7th squad.

    - Soi fon and Omaeda...... easily dodge the missile and shock the stern ritter with their speed. It's pretty obvious that they can go on par with this guy. A big flashy weapon against squad 2? Psh. Not gonna happen. Unless the stern ritter begins collecting reiatsu from the air and goes rapid fire on them.....

    -Byakyua and Renji could hold off IMO. Renji has had experience against this bankai, so he knows how it works, and I'm pretty sure that the stern ritter won't be able to steal two bankais at a time, thus, Renji has the advantage here and can push Az Nodt for a little while, for byakyua or kurotsuchi to come up with a plan.

    - Toshiro..... I don't know what he's going to do. I'm being honest here. What can he do against this bankai? Like, what?

    But yeah, I can see Zaraki coming in and being all like, "You guys want bankai? Here ya go!" and then proceeds to take off the eyepatch...... No, scratch that. That's his shikai. His bankai would be him using kendo and wooping the crud out of everyone.
    Yes, Furosuto means Frost in Japanese.

  8. #10258
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furosuto View Post
    So basically the summary of the chapter:

    - Byakyua shows up, takes out one stern ritter and damages the other.
    - Captains explain plan to lieutenants that they will go bankai and once it gets sealed off, they will combine their efforts to break the seals.
    - Komamura and Byakyua show us their boss bankais, followed up by soi fon's freaking ridiculous bankai, and Toshiro's..... not so cool bankai.
    - The seals activate, and kokojo tenken myoo gets cut in half and disintegrates, senbonzakura gets absorbed, and so do the rest of the bankais.
    - Much to the captains horror, they find out that they don't seal bankai, but they steal it.
    - Chapter ends with Az Nodt...... Gin smiling? Cool!

    So yeah, if they actually have to fight the stern ritter that have their bankai, here's what I think will go down.

    - Komamura fights against Bambietta who gets over-confident now that she has his bankai and attacks. Komamura and Iba come up with a plan and use Tenken's flaw against the less durable Bambietta. Seeing as she isn't as durable as Komamura is due to her small size, she begins getting cuts from the bankai. She tries to shoot arrows at them, but Kokojo tenken myoo does the same making it useless against the 7th squad.

    - Soi fon and Omaeda...... easily dodge the missile and shock the stern ritter with their speed. It's pretty obvious that they can go on par with this guy. A big flashy weapon against squad 2? Psh. Not gonna happen. Unless the stern ritter begins collecting reiatsu from the air and goes rapid fire on them.....

    -Byakyua and Renji could hold off IMO. Renji has had experience against this bankai, so he knows how it works, and I'm pretty sure that the stern ritter won't be able to steal two bankais at a time, thus, Renji has the advantage here and can push Az Nodt for a little while, for byakyua or kurotsuchi to come up with a plan.

    - Toshiro..... I don't know what he's going to do. I'm being honest here. What can he do against this bankai? Like, what?

    But yeah, I can see Zaraki coming in and being all like, "You guys want bankai? Here ya go!" and then proceeds to take off the eyepatch...... No, scratch that. That's his shikai. His bankai would be him using kendo and wooping the crud out of everyone.
    I'd imagine Rangiku herself has bankai now.. I remember her saying that she was trying to learn it at some point but her Zanpaktou was lazy or something like that so maybe she finally got it.

  9. #10259
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Deus ex machina.

    I'm all for Zero Squad coming to save Soul Society, but I don't think we're quite ready for that just yet. An appearance by them in the present climate would just mean that we won't see Unohana's bankai or one of the other senior captain's bankai since the focus would shift to Zero Squad's members. I want the shinigami to find a solution to the bankai issue before Zero Squad arrives.
    Ah.

    Hear hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Anyone else wonder why so far, Ichigo's Bankai was the only one who wasn't able to be stolen? I mean, it would seem the Arrancar (forgot his name) was using the same method, yet he failed. Anyone got any theories as too why?
    My hunch is that it's somehow because of his inner Hollow... which would mean the Vizards would be unaffected as well. Idrk though.

    That, or Emperor Zangetsu was just messing around with Ivan and, you know, give him a defective seal or something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'd imagine Rangiku herself has bankai now.. I remember her saying that she was trying to learn it at some point but her Zanpaktou was lazy or something like that so maybe she finally got it.
    She did? I remember one scene but that one was when she said it was hard to talk to her zanpakto because it's moody/arrogant/something to that extent, and that was like before the whole Arrancar arc thingy.

    Though, even if she got one, I could think of nothing except the same dust, but much much more in quantity, much like Senbonzakura Kageyoshi. It could be something different though. Maybe the ability to freely control dust or something like that.


  10. #10260
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This chapter, as usual, was filled with stupid.

    ARE YOU PEOPLE RETARDED?

    Who gives a flying crap if they can seal your Bankai!? Don't be idiots and let them try it!

    Kill the bastards and move on with it!
    One Piece chapter this week. Luffy runs straight at Ceasar and eats gas. Ends up on the floor and passed out. Who is retarded again? Sounds like Luffy should have taken your advice.

  11. #10261
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    My hunch is that it's somehow because of his inner Hollow... which would mean the Vizards would be unaffected as well. Idrk though.

    That, or Emperor Zangetsu was just messing around with Ivan and, you know, give him a defective seal or something like that.
    Opie didn't have any problem stealing Ayon's powers, so it's probably not the Hollow.
    Besides, I think Ichigo lost the Hollow when he lost his powers anyway.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  12. #10262
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Opie didn't have any problem stealing Ayon's powers, so it's probably not the Hollow.
    Besides, I think Ichigo lost the Hollow when he lost his powers anyway.
    Well, this was never truly confirmed but it is a possibility however even it does comes back I then he has been made peace with inner hollow.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  13. #10263
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Opie didn't have any problem stealing Ayon's powers, so it's probably not the Hollow.
    Besides, I think Ichigo lost the Hollow when he lost his powers anyway.
    With Allon, it's kind of different since Kirge used a different ability, as compared to the seal thingy the Quincy held in their hands. Letz Stil was like an ability but the seal thing seems like it requires that disc with the pentacle.

    Still, it could be the same. Idrk. And yeah, we didn't really know what happened to HIchigo after he lost his power.


  14. #10264
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Anyone else wonder why so far, Ichigo's Bankai was the only one who wasn't able to be stolen? I mean, it would seem the Arrancar (forgot his name) was using the same method, yet he failed. Anyone got any theories as too why?
    Definitely believe it's due to him being a Vizard. I hope that's the reason, so the other Vizards have a reason to be the stars this arc.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  15. #10265
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Definitely believe it's due to him being a Vizard. I hope that's the reason, so the other Vizards have a reason to be the stars this arc.
    If he's still a Vizard, we don't know if he still has the inner Hollow. It vanished alongside Zangetsu when he used the Final Getsuga. But there is still something unique to its zanpakutou: it's said to have remaining traces from his Fullbring, right? I think that's what Kubo said about its redesign, that it looked different because it was influenced by the remnants of his Fullbring. Who knows.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  16. #10266
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    He should still be a Vizard, since his hollow powers are directly connected to his shinigami powers.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  17. #10267
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    He should still be a Vizard, since his hollow powers are directly connected to his shinigami powers.
    Which he completely lost, remember. He regained power thanks to Rukia, Hitsugaya, Byakuya and lots of people pouring their power into Urahara's deus ex machina.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  18. #10268
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Definitely believe it's due to him being a Vizard. I hope that's the reason, so the other Vizards have a reason to be the stars this arc.
    That's what I'm hoping for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Which he completely lost, remember. He regained power thanks to Rukia, Hitsugaya, Byakuya and lots of people pouring their power into Urahara's deus ex machina.
    Not really. Rukia said that Ichigo's power is still there somehow, and the Captains' reiatsu altogether just reawakened it. So it would stand to reason that the Hollow is also still somewhat inside him. That's what I thought anyway.


  19. #10269

    Default

    Well we won't know for sure if Ichigo is still a Vizard or not until he dons a mask (Or doesn't), or until it is explicitly said that he is or is not one by someone else. However, considering the fact that Zangetsu and Ichigo's inner hollow actually merged, it would stand to reason that they would return together, perhaps still as a fused being, or perhaps separate again. Only time will tell.

    Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


    Planned Pokemon Y Team:



    Planned Pokemon X Team:



    3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

  20. #10270
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Even if he still has his Inner Hollow, I hope he doesn't rely on it too much. Hollows are so two arcs ago, and I would rather see Ichigo master his bankai instead of wasting time with his Hollow powers, which weren't that impressive to begin with in my opinion.

  21. #10271
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I'm pretty sure bambi will beat Komamura . Zanpaktou are linked to the person's spirit so I'm pretty sure if he tries to attack his own bankai it's just going to hurt himself instead of bambi, which is why I see bambi winning this match. Or Komamura could have fixed his Zanpaktou's flaw which would put him at a disadvantage, regardless.

  22. #10272
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    I wonder who's going to confront that blonde haired Quincy.. he's fighting against the 13th division right now but I hope Rukia doesn't fight him that would just be asking for death.

  23. #10273
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I wonder who's going to confront that blonde haired Quincy.. he's fighting against the 13th division right now but I hope Rukia doesn't fight him that would just be asking for death.
    It's hard to predict who will face him right now, but eventually Ichigo will fight him. I'm sure of it.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  24. #10274
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's hard to predict who will face him right now, but eventually Ichigo will fight him. I'm sure of it.
    Yeah that seems like a given, Ichigo will definitely need some sort of power up before he fights him though. Anyway speaking of Ichigo I hope he finishes off Kirge soon that fight has been going on long enough.



    It had to be done..
    Last edited by JD; 15th June 2012 at 11:21 PM.

  25. #10275
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yeah that seems like a given, Ichigo will definitely need some sort of power up before he fights him though. Anyway speaking of Ichigo I hope he finishes off Kirge soon that fight has been going on long enough.



    It had to be done..
    Whatever Ichigo does to Kirge... I don't care, lol. I wanted to see the Captains in action. I hope we don't get back to Ichigo until some time later. At least until we've seen a new bankai or until they've figured out how to take back the stolen bankai or at the very least some of the Vizards abilities... I'm certain Hiyori and Lisa's zanpakto releases aren't just aesthetic changes.

    That .gif is epic, btw.


Page 411 of 502 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •