Page 413 of 502 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 12528

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

  1. #10301
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Nice to see Matsumoto show off some, and some glimpses of what the other shinigami are doing. Shunsui fighting another gun wielder and losing an eye was a real surprise, though I wished we had stayed with their fight. Interesting to see they're gonna speak to Ichigo. Guess that just shows the sort of standing Ichigo has with them. Hopefully we'll get to see the end of Ichigo dealing with Kirge. Alright chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  2. #10302
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    You would think that during the 2-year time skip, the captains would fine some more versatile uses for their Shikais and be less reliable on their Bankais for the win.

  3. #10303
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Leafeon O.O
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Nah why train with Shikai if you can train with bankai?


    My Fanfic ^^
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2mqn6t3.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14wwmb.png[/IMG]

  4. #10304
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simia View Post
    You know Toshiro had that power limitation put on him right?

    And I don't get that pitfall thing. That guy could just jump out of it ._.
    I know but it was a fraccion.. he should have been able to win that fight easily even if he had a limiter on.

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Nice to see Matsumoto show off some, and some glimpses of what the other shinigami are doing. Shunsui fighting another gun wielder and losing an eye was a real surprise, though I wished we had stayed with their fight. Interesting to see they're gonna speak to Ichigo. Guess that just shows the sort of standing Ichigo has with them. Hopefully we'll get to see the end of Ichigo dealing with Kirge. Alright chapter.
    Meh I kind of hope it just shows Ichigo defeating Kirge that fight has been going on for a while now and it's just getting boring he shouldn't have too much trouble against him especially with bankai.

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I've enjoyed these last few chapters. I don't really like the Quincys though, they just annoy me for some reason, just too darn cocky, then again...that describes most of the characters, I don't know, I like the boss though.
    Agreed the Quincy are starting to annoy me I can't wait until Ichigo fights an hopefully kills that blonde haired guy he just seems like a arrogant jerk that picks on the weak.
    Last edited by JD; 20th June 2012 at 10:37 PM.

  5. #10305
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simia View Post
    Nah why train with Shikai if you can train with bankai?
    Gee, I don't know...maybe so you can improve it so that you won't even need the Bankai in battle?

  6. #10306
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    I was shocked that someone lost a part of the body for dramatic effect and it wasn't an arm. Kubo is really breaking the mold in the final arc haha

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Nice to see Matsumoto show off some, and some glimpses of what the other shinigami are doing. Shunsui fighting another gun wielder and losing an eye was a real surprise, though I wished we had stayed with their fight. Interesting to see they're gonna speak to Ichigo. Guess that just shows the sort of standing Ichigo has with them. Hopefully we'll get to see the end of Ichigo dealing with Kirge. Alright chapter.
    We'll probably switch to Hueco Mundo now, and maybe the fight there won't take long.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  7. #10307
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Leafeon O.O
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Yea I am sure they have trained with Shikai but except your name is Yamamoto I doubt that they could ever make a Shikai strong enough to be equal with the sternritter. At one point Shikai just isn't strong enough anymore. So they probably train their Bankai more so that they always have an ultimate weapon.


    My Fanfic ^^
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2mqn6t3.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14wwmb.png[/IMG]

  8. #10308
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    You would think that during the 2-year time skip, the captains would fine some more versatile uses for their Shikais and be less reliable on their Bankais for the win.
    I'm sure some of them will show off new shikai techniques, but they'll probably need to use bankai to finish off the Stern Ritter. I'm just glad that the Captains are realizing that their enemies have an overwhelming advantage.

  9. #10309
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simia View Post
    Yea I am sure they have trained with Shikai but except your name is Yamamoto I doubt that they could ever make a Shikai strong enough to be equal with the sternritter. At one point Shikai just isn't strong enough anymore. So they probably train their Bankai more so that they always have an ultimate weapon.
    And you can see where that's gotten them right now. They've become so dependent on their Bankais for victory that they suddenly become about as underwhelming as Kingdra outside the rain. You saw how hasty Renji was to use Bankai even though he just saw Byakuya's get stolen. My point is that unless the returning captains still have their Vizard powers, the captain fighting is Unohana, Kyoraku, Ukitake, or Yamamoto, or they honed their skills in more than just fighting with the Zanpakuto, their hands are going to soon be incredibly full and bloody.

    I'm going to bet that Soi Fon and Byakuya will have an easier time with their Stern Ritters because they both have something to fall back on (Byakuya has his Kido and Soi Fon has probably mastered Shunko by now). Hitsugaya and Komamura are going to go through the ringer with their opponents unless they get some outside assistance from the other captains and lieutenants.

  10. #10310
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Leafeon O.O
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    And you can see where that's gotten them right now. They've become so dependent on their Bankais for victory that they suddenly become about as underwhelming as Kingdra outside the rain. You saw how hasty Renji was to use Bankai even though he just saw Byakuya's get stolen. My point is that unless the returning captains still have their Vizard powers, the captain fighting is Unohana, Kyoraku, Ukitake, or Yamamoto, or they honed their skills in more than just fighting with the Zanpakuto, their hands are going to soon be incredibly full and bloody.

    I'm going to bet that Soi Fon and Byakuya will have an easier time with their Stern Ritters because they both have something to fall back on (Byakuya has his Kido and Soi Fon has probably mastered Shunko by now). Hitsugaya and Komamura are going to go through the ringer with their opponents unless they get some outside assistance from the other captains and lieutenants.
    I know. I'm not saying it's good they always depend on their Bankai, just that it's logical that they would rather train their Bankai over their Shikai. And none of them could possibly have anticipated their Bankais ever getting stolen.


    My Fanfic ^^
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2mqn6t3.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14wwmb.png[/IMG]

  11. #10311
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Actually, now that I think about it, the more and more I think that Komamura stands a chance against this stern ritter, and for a few reasons.

    We know how Komamura's bankai works. It is a mirror image of the user of the bankai and mirrors the movements. Once damaged, the user will also obtain damage to themself.

    The reason why Komamura has survived is because of his durability throughout the arc. But now lets see how this fight could go.

    We've seen Komamura's shikai as being deceptively fast. He could attack from anywhere and his sword can pretty much appear anywhere as well. Take the fights of soi fon vs komamura and tosen as example. Using this powerful shikai, he can cut his bankai that was stolen from him, thus, giving damage to the stern ritter.

    While I think someone stated Komamura doesn't have good mobility, he has shown shunpo when blocking poww's fist during FKT arc, which means he can most likely manoveur around his bankai.

    Then their's the fact that he's insanely strong. He was able to lift a creature heavier than a menos grande with ease over his head. I can expect he could do the same with his bankai.

    And then there's the whole mirror movement thing going on. If quincy use arrows (as uryu stated), then if Bambietta was to try and make an arrow, Tengen would do the same motion right? That means that the bankai would be off balance and open for an attack, allowing Komamura to get a hit in. At that point I can see Bambietta giving up on using the bankai, and Komamura can then use it in battle against her in her final quincy form. And Komamura knows how to use his bankai much more effectively than a person who just obtained it, so he would be able to use the tricks of Kokojo Tenken Myoo to his advantage.

    And yeah, now that I look at Hitsugaya, he hasn't actually won any fights, has he? The only reason he temporarily beat Harribel was because of a technique that he couldn't even control properly.
    Yes, Furosuto means Frost in Japanese.

  12. #10312
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    And you can see where that's gotten them right now. They've become so dependent on their Bankais for victory that they suddenly become about as underwhelming as Kingdra outside the rain. You saw how hasty Renji was to use Bankai even though he just saw Byakuya's get stolen. My point is that unless the returning captains still have their Vizard powers, the captain fighting is Unohana, Kyoraku, Ukitake, or Yamamoto, or they honed their skills in more than just fighting with the Zanpakuto, their hands are going to soon be incredibly full and bloody.

    I'm going to bet that Soi Fon and Byakuya will have an easier time with their Stern Ritters because they both have something to fall back on (Byakuya has his Kido and Soi Fon has probably mastered Shunko by now). Hitsugaya and Komamura are going to go through the ringer with their opponents unless they get some outside assistance from the other captains and lieutenants.
    I don't think that they've become dependent on the bankai, well maybe Hitsugaya has, but merely they recognized the threat that the Quincys were. Renji was willing to fight without it in the beginning and Shunsui hasn't activated his yet.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  13. #10313
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hitsugaya beat that one fraccion Shawlong or whatever his name is.. and he struggled until he used his bankai which was ridiculous.
    Oh... that one. Still, it wasn't a really major fight or anything. And yeah, even with the limiter on, a Captain level struggling to defeat an Arrancar is ridiculous. Well, I guess he's the youngest Captain and all that but still. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by Furosuto View Post
    And then there's the whole mirror movement thing going on. If quincy use arrows (as uryu stated), then if Bambietta was to try and make an arrow, Tengen would do the same motion right? That means that the bankai would be off balance and open for an attack, allowing Komamura to get a hit in. At that point I can see Bambietta giving up on using the bankai, and Komamura can then use it in battle against her in her final quincy form. And Komamura knows how to use his bankai much more effectively than a person who just obtained it, so he would be able to use the tricks of Kokojo Tenken Myoo to his advantage.
    It's not just arrows; we've seen more of those now. As Nodt uses... spikes, the guy Shunsui was fighting uses a gun. They could probably fashion up a weapon suitable for them. And we don't really know yet what the SR can do with the stolen bankai. It might give them the same power outright, but it could also be a form of hybrid like Kirge when he absorbed Allon (though that was a different technique), or it could be that they simply steal the bankai to render the shinigami unable to use them. So it's really hard to predict the outcome of the battle.


  14. #10314

    Default

    Here's a thought: They won't be able to use Shikai. Toshiro said he couldn't sense Hyoinmaru anymore, did he not? What if it's not the Bankai's they are stealing, but the Zanpakuto spirits? And the only way they can do that is through the Shinigami using Bankai? Just a thought, and it would be interesting (Although, perhaps a bit like the zanpakuto rebellion filler arc).

    Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


    Planned Pokemon Y Team:



    Planned Pokemon X Team:



    3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

  15. #10315
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    IIRC Kudo help write that filler arc and design the spirits, so it's actually a good possibility that he could use some stuff from that.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  16. #10316
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Here's a thought: They won't be able to use Shikai. Toshiro said he couldn't sense Hyoinmaru anymore, did he not? What if it's not the Bankai's they are stealing, but the Zanpakuto spirits? And the only way they can do that is through the Shinigami using Bankai? Just a thought, and it would be interesting (Although, perhaps a bit like the zanpakuto rebellion filler arc).
    It would be reductive in my opinion. The zanpakuto filler arc already covered a lot of this stuff, and it would be boring to see it again. I have the strangest feeling that Kisuke will find the solution to the stolen bankai issue.

  17. #10317
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Here's a thought: They won't be able to use Shikai. Toshiro said he couldn't sense Hyoinmaru anymore, did he not? What if it's not the Bankai's they are stealing, but the Zanpakuto spirits? And the only way they can do that is through the Shinigami using Bankai? Just a thought, and it would be interesting (Although, perhaps a bit like the zanpakuto rebellion filler arc).
    That's an interesting theory, but if it were the zanpakto's spirit indeed, why can't they do the same thing with shikai? Unless they were simply targeting the bankai spirit, cause we know that zanpakto have different shikai and bankai spirits. Though I don't think Kubo will go down that lane... It's true that he did have a part in the filler arc, but I think it was just the zanpakto design and not the plot.

    I guess we'll have to wait and see more. >_>


  18. #10318
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Oh how interesting. So the SR aren't is cracked up as they seem. They're probably weaker than the Espada. They fear bankai so much that they developed a special medallion to remove it? Lawl, that's pretty desperate. I'm also surprised by how quickly ichigo defeated kirge. Quite nice to see him dead.
    Last edited by waffle_x_v; 27th June 2012 at 1:53 PM.

  19. #10319
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Oh how interesting. So the SR aren't is cracked up as they seem. They're probably weaker than the Espada. They fear bankai so much that they developed a special medallion to remove it? Lawl, that's pretty desperate. I'm also surprised by how quickly ichigo defeated kirge. Quite nice to see him dead.
    I don't know why Ichigo didn't use bankai earlier.. especially since Kirge was so much weaker than him with it he could have been in the Soul Society right now if he used it right when they started fighting. But yeah I realized that the SR were strong but not as strong as I thought they were especially when Byakuya managed to cut As Nodt with his Shikai.. but right now I'm interested in seeing Kensei, Shinji, and Rose fight I want to see if they're immune to the bankai stealing medallion as well.

    Also I wouldn't say they're weaker than the espada.. that old guy managed to wound Shunsui so easily something Stark wasn't able to do.

  20. #10320
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the souther. U.S.
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    I would think that is because he wasn't used to their speed. If I remember correctly, I think Uryu said something along the lines that the quincies are the fastest beings. Ichigo's bankai makes him the second fastest character, so that is how he was able to keep up. (Fastest being youroichi, who for some reason, has not made an apperance.) The reason he didn't use bankai is because he likes testing his opponents with shikai first. Then, he heals all his wounds with bankai and gets a second boost while the other people are now tired. (He cheats. Lol).

    They probably are weaker than the Espada, that is probably how Harrable was captured. If they can steal Bankai, they can probably steal resurrecion form.

    I bet the vizards can still get their Bankai stolen, (as they are about the same as Espada), but the reason that ichigo couldn't get his stolen is the fact that is mother is a .....

  21. #10321
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Glad to finally see Kisuke again, even better with him joking around with Akon. And it's good that Ichigo is stronger then Kirge with his power-up. We also get confirmation again that Ichigo's bankai can't be sealed/stolen. Nice to see Ichigo attempting to get answers. Best part still Kisuke getting the final blow. Anyway, Ichigo's on his way to Soul Society, so it'll e nice to see what he can do against a Stern Ritter. Very good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  22. #10322
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    I've never cared for that Akon guy, but it was interesting seeing him converse with Kisuke like that. Only Kisuke is so damn mysterious that the whole conversation felt weird. I'm glad Ichigo was doing well against that Kirge Opie guy, but it sucks that Kisuke intervened like that; couldn't Ichigo just beat the Quincy before leaving Hueco Mundo?

  23. #10323
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    It quite interesting to see Ichigo being the haxy over powered guy for a change, even if the guys he's faced in this final arc are pretty much just grunts
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #10324
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    The power of plot armor saves Ichigo's life, yet again.

  25. #10325
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Loved the chapter, best out of the 3 this week imo with Kishi's Madara trolling and Oda focusing on that useless samurai.

    Ichigo deflecting those arrows/beams was a highlight and of course Kisuke blowing a hole into Quilge too. Ichigo's face at the end of the chapter with a cellphone in bankai form was priceless.

    Wonder how reception is in HM lol.

Page 413 of 502 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •