Page 422 of 499 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 12471

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

  1. #10526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm still waiting for the receipts before I classify Byakuya as "dead." Anyway, this war is the perfect opportunity for Orihime to use her abilities. She needs to be more active imo.
    The Quincy who was with 'his highness' said Byakuya is dead. And considering all that was pretty much left of him was blood splatter on a crushed wall, and an outline of his body, I'd (sadly) say that he seems pretty dead. As for Orihime...unless she can now bring back the dead, she's as useless as ever.

    Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


    Planned Pokemon Y Team:



    Planned Pokemon X Team:



    3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

  2. #10527
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the sea~
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    As for Orihime...unless she can now bring back the dead, she's as useless as ever.
    Menoly says hi.

    Yeah, she can. Though whether or not she would is another different story.


  3. #10528
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    As for Orihime...unless she can now bring back the dead, she's as useless as ever.
    It's not exactly "now". Her ability is the "rejection" of any event, right? By that logic, she could reject death.

    Although I don't know if I'd like it, I hate cheap death. If a character dies, he/she should remain dead.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  4. #10529
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Although I don't know if I'd like it, I hate cheap death. If a character dies, he/she should remain dead.
    Normally I'd agree, but I don't see the point in killing Byakuya. He's one of the better characters in my opinion. If Kubo's going to go on a killing spree, he should kill all the irrelevant characters just like he killed Sasakibe.

  5. #10530
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Normally I'd agree, but I don't see the point in killing Byakuya. He's one of the better characters in my opinion. If Kubo's going to go on a killing spree, he should kill all the irrelevant characters just like he killed Sasakibe.
    If Byakuya is dead - and I'm not entirely convinced yet - I understand why he was picked. Kubo must have chosen a character who was important, popular and definitely strong to be killed off because, that way, he gives us the impression that if this guy can die, then anyone can die. That must be the feeling he wants us to have, that no one is safe now.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  6. #10531
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    This is the final arc of Bleach so the the stakes have to raised and logically Byakuya would be best fit to show that that the no one is safe. I wholeheartedly agree with Ver-mont has to say.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.


  7. #10532
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    This fight just seemed kind of one sided to me. Not only that, but it seems to say that the Shinigami are useless without Bankai, barring Kenpachi for obvious badass reasons.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  8. #10533
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    This fight just seemed kind of one sided to me. Not only that, but it seems to say that the Shinigami are useless without Bankai, barring Kenpachi for obvious badass reasons.
    I wouldn't say they're useless. Rose, Kensei, and Shinji should be able to hold their own against their opponents they still have their Hollow Masks and Shinji already has a pretty has a pretty hax Shikai. Unohana, Ukitake, and Kyoraku should be fine too even though Kyoraku already lost an eye.

  9. #10534
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    This is the final arc of Bleach so the the stakes have to raised and logically Byakuya would be best fit to show that that the no one is safe. I wholeheartedly agree with Ver-mont has to say.
    There were better fits then Byakuya, who should have been capable of more given what a well-rounded fighter he is. The lack of speed and Kido was disappointing. Toshiro would have been better, since he's not so well-rounded.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  10. #10535
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    At the edge of the universe
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    There were better fits then Byakuya, who should have been capable of more given what a well-rounded fighter he is. The lack of speed and Kido was disappointing. Toshiro would have been better, since he's not so well-rounded.
    I'd say that's my only complaint with his fight. He is one of the fastest people in the soul society and he is very proficient in the kido arts but he didn't use any of those skills in his fight. Though I guess being struck full of fear completely threw him off his game.

  11. #10536
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevendat View Post
    I'd say that's my only complaint with his fight. He is one of the fastest people in the soul society and he is very proficient in the kido arts but he didn't use any of those skills in his fight. Though I guess being struck full of fear completely threw him off his game.
    I think it's more likely that Kubo wanted to end the fight quickly. The fact that Byakuya lost so easily against a Stern Ritter made fans realize that Kubo's not playing around, which was a good message to send since this is supposed to be the final arc. At least Kubo's showing that the Vandenreich are a real threat.

  12. #10537
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I think it's more likely that Kubo wanted to end the fight quickly. The fact that Byakuya lost so easily against a Stern Ritter made fans realize that Kubo's not playing around, which was a good message to send since this is supposed to be the final arc. At least Kubo's showing that the Vandenreich are a real threat.
    It doesn't really send that message. What it does is say that the power in the characters is very inconsistent. How could Byakuya not counter his own Bankai? It has now also been implied that Kenpachi is stronger than Byakuya, what with his not having any trouble, then again I didn't expect any different from Kenpachi.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  13. #10538
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    It doesn't really send that message. What it does is say that the power in the characters is very inconsistent. How could Byakuya not counter his own Bankai? It has now also been implied that Kenpachi is stronger than Byakuya, what with his not having any trouble, then again I didn't expect any different from Kenpachi.
    Ok the King has files on the shinigami. Meaning the shingami have their abilities studied and dissected by the Quincy. Also Byakuya just saw a zombie Rukia signifying her death and was cut up as a result of his hesitation. As Nodt did not use Byakuya's Bankai to take him down. He did however use it later to send Byakuya flying into the wall and his apparent death.

    Its hard to counter your own Bankai when you are half dead and wildly slashing because of fear.

    Captains are dying, I hardly doubt that power levels matter much when the Quincy are talking advantage or their ability to steal Bankai so that the war is one sided.

    I do agree with you that Kenpachi is stronger than Byakuya in combat as 11th squad is supposed to be anyways.

  14. #10539
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Ok the King has files on the shinigami. Meaning the shingami have their abilities studied and dissected by the Quincy. Also Byakuya just saw a zombie Rukia signifying her death and was cut up as a result of his hesitation. As Nodt did not use Byakuya's Bankai to take him down. He did however use it later to send Byakuya flying into the wall and his apparent death.

    Its hard to counter your own Bankai when you are half dead and wildly slashing because of fear.

    Captains are dying, I hardly doubt that power levels matter much when the Quincy are talking advantage or their ability to steal Bankai so that the war is one sided.

    I do agree with you that Kenpachi is stronger than Byakuya in combat as 11th squad is supposed to be anyways.
    Then how come the Espada weren't as much of a threat? Aizen knew the abilities of all the captains yet they were still taken down with relative ease. This fear that Byakuya supposedly has sure came out of nowhere. Why was he not afraid when he fought Zommari or Tsukishima? Like I said before Byakuya is one of those captains that seemed like he didn't need his Bankai to win. He's the second fastest captain and very proficient with Kido, both of which seemed to vanish in this fight.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  15. #10540
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Then how come the Espada weren't as much of a threat? Aizen knew the abilities of all the captains yet they were still taken down with relative ease.
    I think Aizen only made the Espada in order to stall for time, split up the captains, and make Ichigo stronger so that he can serve as his personal final exam opponent in order to see if he's ready to take the Soul King's head.

  16. #10541
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Then how come the Espada weren't as much of a threat? Aizen knew the abilities of all the captains yet they were still taken down with relative ease. This fear that Byakuya supposedly has sure came out of nowhere. Why was he not afraid when he fought Zommari or Tsukishima? Like I said before Byakuya is one of those captains that seemed like he didn't need his Bankai to win. He's the second fastest captain and very proficient with Kido, both of which seemed to vanish in this fight.
    Are you dumb? I'm trying not to be rude but did the Espada have Bankai stealing medallions?

    Also what ease are you talking about? The Espada had the Shinigami on the ropes. If not for teamwork they would have all perished excluding some of the weaker ones.

    Rukia was pretty much dead from the Aaroniero. It took Byakuya and Kenpachi to kill Yammy. Mayuri planned everything out ahead and won against Szayel by using Ishida and Renji as guinea pigs.

    Zommari forced Byakuya to injury himself before the counter was found. Grimmjow defeated Ichigo multiple times until his resolve got better and Orihime believed in him.

    Nnorita almost killed Kenpachi and he had to take off his patch along with using Kendo which he doesn't like using.

    Ulquiorra KILLED Ichigo and his hollow had to come out to defeat him.

    Harribel was nearly killed by Aizen himself when she would have won against Hitsugaya.

    Baraggan took an arm off Sui Feng and Hacchi and only lost due to some clever thinking by Hacchi.

    Starrk took the combined might of Kyoraku, Ukitake and 2 vizards.

    So what is this relative ease you are talking about?

    I'm also wondering if you have read the chapter and know about As Nodt's fear ability. Because the fear Byakuya felt certainly did not come out of nowhere.

    He is not the 2nd fastest Captain considering Yamamoto, Kyoraku, Sui Feng and Ukitake are/should be faster than him. Sui Feng because that is her best stat and being the successor to Yoruichi. Yama-ji and the other 2 elder captains because they are much more experienced.

    As for Kido, Reishi absorption ring a bell?

  17. #10542
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Why was he not afraid when he fought Zommari or Tsukishima?
    He was. He says that in the chapter, there is no fight without fear, it's just that he overcomes it every time.

    I'm under the impression that the enemy using his Bankai took him by surprise, he didn't imagine that was possible and therefore didn't have any counter.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  18. #10543
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    It doesn't really send that message. What it does is say that the power in the characters is very inconsistent. How could Byakuya not counter his own Bankai? It has now also been implied that Kenpachi is stronger than Byakuya, what with his not having any trouble, then again I didn't expect any different from Kenpachi.
    Well, wasn't the whole incident with Tsukishima about how Byakuya had to remain in a certain spot or else he would also be sliced by Senbonzakura?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  19. #10544
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I think Aizen only made the Espada in order to stall for time, split up the captains, and make Ichigo stronger so that he can serve as his personal final exam opponent in order to see if he's ready to take the Soul King's head.
    That's what I think too. Aizen was just using the Espada to stall for time, which worked in my opinion. They didn't manage to defeat anyone, but they were able to wear out some of the Captains, which made Aizen's job a whole lot easier. That lovable troll.~

  20. #10545
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    where?
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I'm starting to think that the secret swordsmen who cut opie is hiyori. She's strong enough and she does have that destructive nature, she also hate urahara. I hope we finally get confirmation on who it is in the next chapter.

  21. #10546
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    I'm starting to think that the secret swordsmen who cut opie is hiyori. She's strong enough and she does have that destructive nature, she also hate urahara. I hope we finally get confirmation on who it is in the next chapter.
    I'm still hoping it's Grimmjow, he's been in limbo for far too long... and I don't like Hiyori anyway.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  22. #10547
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,404

    Default

    Hiyori doesn't have a way of getting to Hueco Mundo, unless Hachi or Tessai were able to open a garganta for her. It makes sense for it to be someone already at Hueco Mundo, which significantly lowers the list of who could have pulled it off. Grimmjow is the most likely suspect. But it could be Nel / Pesche / Dondochakka, despite all three being very unlikely suspects. Hopefully, 503 will finally answer that.

    And this just made me sad. I know Byakuya's probably dead, but it's finally starting to sink in.

    With that said, who takes over the Kuchiki family? Will Rukia? Or do they fall from grace like the Shiba Clan did when it's last male shinigami member died?

  23. #10548
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    With that said, who takes over the Kuchiki family? Will Rukia? Or do they fall from grace like the Shiba Clan did when it's last male shinigami member died?
    Rukia, probably. We don't know what exactly happened for the Shiba Clan to fall from grace (and that's a story I definitely would like to hear).
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  24. #10549
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    Hiyori doesn't have a way of getting to Hueco Mundo, unless Hachi or Tessai were able to open a garganta for her. It makes sense for it to be someone already at Hueco Mundo, which significantly lowers the list of who could have pulled it off. Grimmjow is the most likely suspect. But it could be Nel / Pesche / Dondochakka, despite all three being very unlikely suspects. Hopefully, 503 will finally answer that.
    Didn't Hiyori spot an open garganta before Ichigo and friends left? While I doubt it was her, there is an explanation on how she got there.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  25. #10550
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Are you dumb? I'm trying not to be rude but did the Espada have Bankai stealing medallions?
    Calling me dumb for having an opinion? Yeah, that's not rude. Not at all. What I said earlier was that it was RETARDED that because Byakuya had his Bankai stolen he lost so easily when he has so many more skills and can utilize his Shikai a lot better than he did in that fight. Yammy was a joke and everyone knows that. Byakuya and Kenpachi started to fight EACH OTHER because he was that weak. Kenpachi said the fight was boring so that point is moot. I'm not going to comment on the others because that would take too long and frankly, I don't care. Bleach is long past it's captivating point and I think it should have ended after the Arrancar arc. Now I'm just waiting for the end and if this is how Kubo wants to do it then I don't care. His manga.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Page 422 of 499 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •