Page 441 of 502 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 12526

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I would say that his Fullbring evolved into some sort of Quincy power, except he isn't supposed to have that anymore...

This is classic Kubo, it's all I can say. I can't believe so many people actually called it.
    Or perhaps the quincy power is just another type of fullbring power.

This made me ask more questions then it solved answers... Anyone think Ichigo's mom was actually a Quincy?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

So that basically makes Ichigo every other kind of a spiritual being there is. Now we just need him to develop hairpin powers like Shun Shun Rikka, and the manga will be complete.

I'd be surprised if the Masaki Quincy theory is true. Hahahahaha.

Still not sure why Ichigo would have to be a Quincy to use Blut, when it appears not a standard Quincy ability but something granted to them. Anyway, it looks like we're going in that direction, so it really doesn't matter. I had hope Ichigo would put up a better fight then this, but maybe his comeback next chapter will be more fitting. Short chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Or perhaps the quincy power is just another type of fullbring power.
    But I thought we were done with the fullbring stuff now that Ichigo has his shinigami powers back.

Anyway, I'm surprised that some people are mad about this. I don't think it's that bad since many people predicted that Ichigo might be half Quincy. The only thing that disappointed me was that Ichigo didn't use a new bankai technique, just Getsuga Tensho again.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Still not sure why Ichigo would have to be a Quincy to use Blut, when it appears not a standard Quincy ability but something granted to them.
    I'm basing it on the fact that the name is in German, parallel to other Quincy motifs we've seen so far. But eh.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Still not sure why Ichigo would have to be a Quincy to use Blut, when it appears not a standard Quincy ability but something granted to them.
    I went back and considered what we've seen thus far, and this is a startlingly true point.

Quincy are ordinarily simply humans that have developed powers, right? It was stated that Juha Bach fought Yamamoto one thousand years ago, which means he must be older than that. Living for a thousand years isn't something most humans actually do, so Juha Bach is probably not actually a pureblooded Quincy. He is most likely some combination of Soul Reaper and/or Hollow with what we traditionally know as a Quincy.

Earlier in this arc, during the main part of the fight with Kirge, he said "I'll have to request His Majesty adjust our Blut" after he survived Ayon snapping his neck using Blut Vene. From that, it can be inferred that Bach developed the Blut techniques and granted them to his subordinates.

Who is a combination of various spiritual races like Bach might be? Ichigo. He is the same as Bach, so he has the same potential. My guess is that Masaki was not actually a modern Quincy, but she was descended from Bach somehow.

What if Masaki never actually died? What if she survived the attack using Blut Vene and is still alive today? Would you put it past Kubo to do that?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quincy powers? Seriously, Kubo. Isn't that a bit left field?

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Quincy powers? Seriously, Kubo. Isn't that a bit left field?
    Tell that to the other shonen authors that pull this off. Mokuton with Sharingan? Stealing Devil Fruit powers? Gears and Super Saiyan forms? Power ups are a shonen staple. This is nothing new people.

Also Blut Vene is hardly proof of Quincy powers as Blut Vene is pretty much like Hierro for the Arrancars.

I'm more curious as to what will happen next week and how Ichigo will manage to escape Bach's grasp.

Ichigo having Quincy powers isn't something all entirely random...if you remember, Aizen was about to reveal something to him but then his dad showed up and cut him off by saying, "You talk too much." That's probably what it was.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    I'm basing it on the fact that the name is in German, parallel to other Quincy motifs we've seen so far. But eh.
    Well I meant a technique that only a Quincy could use. Blut seems to have been created and given to them by Bach, not a natural Quincy ability.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    Ichigo having Quincy powers isn't something all entirely random...if you remember, Aizen was about to reveal something to him but then his dad showed up and cut him off by saying, "You talk too much." That's probably what it was.
    If we believe that Aizen was about to reveal that Masaki was a Quincy, which therefore makes Ichigo half a Quincy, it sort of breaks the theory that Blut Vene isn't a Quincy technique in my opinion. It makes little sense for Kubo to build up to this point (he's dropped a few hints about Ichigo's lineage in the past) and just have Blut Vene be a different ability unrelated to the Quincy.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    If we believe that Aizen was about to reveal that Masaki was a Quincy, which therefore makes Ichigo half a Quincy, it sort of breaks the theory that Blut Vene isn't a Quincy technique in my opinion. It makes little sense for Kubo to build up to this point (he's dropped a few hints about Ichigo's lineage in the past) and just have Blut Vene be a different ability unrelated to the Quincy.
    I don't think Aizen was gonna reveal that, since he basically mentioned her (the human) first.

What if : Masaki was Ryuken's sister
    Ryuken and Masaki were descendants of Juha Bach
    Which would make: Uryu and Ichigo cousins
    And : Ichigo, his two sisters and Ishida descendants of Juha Bach too...
    The 5 war potentials are then the still living descendants of Juha Bach (Ryuken, Ishida, Ichigo and his two sisters) who wants to brainswash them into joining him and use them as his new ellite armed force...

That would also explain: - why Ichigo is immune to the Bankai stealing medaillon : because it can't rob the Emperor's heirs of their powers
    - Why Ichigo can use Blut vene
    - Why Kirge Opie said that Ishida was probably much stronger than him...

Of course that wouldn't explain why the blond guy seemed oddly sad about Ichigo's being captured...unless he is also somehow related to him...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Yeah, I never thought about that way....Blut being an ability that practically anyone that gains control over reishi could use but I dunno, the way Yama spoke to the fake Juhabach about not even his Blut Vene can withstand his Bankai makes a person assume it's an ability unique to the Quincys.

I don't think Aizen was gonna reveal that, since he basically mentioned her (the human) first.
    Actually Ichigo assumed he was gonna say human because Aizen just said shinigami before he was cut off. I remember that panel fairly clearly...of course, it's just a theory. It would explain why Isshin is no longer in Soul Society because marrying a Quincy would cause problems and it may also shed some light on his relationship with Ryuken. Ichigo's mother was spiritually aware of Grand Fisher, iirc, so that also gives you something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    What if : Masaki was Ryuken's sister
    Ryuken and Masaki were descendants of Juha Bach
    Which would make: Uryu and Ichigo cousins
    And : Ichigo, his two sisters and Ishida descendants of Juha Bach too...
    The 5 war potentials are then the still living descendants of Juha Bach (Ryuken, Ishida, Ichigo and his two sisters) who wants to brainswash them into joining him and use them as his new ellite armed force...

That would also explain: - why Ichigo is immune to the Bankai stealing medaillon : because it can't rob the Emperor's heirs of their powers
    - Why Ichigo can use Blut vene
    - Why Kirge Opie said that Ishida was probably much stronger than him...

Of course that wouldn't explain why the blond guy seemed oddly sad about Ichigo's being captured...unless he is also somehow related to him...
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this all turned out to be true but about the 5 special war potentials....Kenpachi was one of them so that crosses out one of your possibilities. I believe Aizen is supposed to be one as well so it leaves 2-3 open spots.
    Last edited by SkyDeity; 26th October 2012 at 5:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDeity View Post
    Actually Ichigo assumed he was gonna say human because Aizen just said shinigami before he was cut off. I remember that panel fairly clearly...of course, it's just a theory. It would explain why Isshin is no longer in Soul Society because marrying a Quincy would cause problems and it may also shed some light on his relationship with Ryuken. Ichigo's mother was spiritually aware of Grand Fisher, iirc, so that also gives you something to think about.
    No, Aizen's the one who says human, and then get's cut off when Isshin appears, basically filling in the rest of his comment.

No, Aizen's the one who says human, and then get's cut off when Isshin appears, basically filling in the rest of his comment.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-49233-2...apter-397.html

I've read different translations of that page, but for the most part, it seems that Aizen did say shinigami. At first I thought he was going to say that Ichigo's mother was some sort of Hollow hybrid or something because it made a bit more sense during that arc (which was overflowing with Hollow hybrids), but the Quincy thing fits better now.

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-49861-4...apter-398.html

As mentioned, the translations varies, but human makes more sense since Ichigo wasn't aware that his father was a shinigami. Isshin's appearance doesn't mean anything otherwise.

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-49861-4...apter-398.html

As mentioned, the translations varies, but human makes more sense since Ichigo wasn't aware that his father was a shinigami. Isshin's appearance doesn't mean anything otherwise.
    It doesn't matter if you're aware of it or not. If he was half Quincy and half Shinigami then it wouldn't matter if he was aware of it. That would be what he is.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    It doesn't matter if you're aware of it or not. If he was half Quincy and half Shinigami then it wouldn't matter if he was aware of it. That would be what he is.
    I was talking about the context of the revelation. Ichigo was unaware of Isshin being a shinigami, thus explaining the build up and cliffhanger.

I think my "Bullcrap-ometer" just broke.

Wow.

Weird spoiler is weird.

Lord, that 'Not even about your own mother!" actually made me laugh out loud. The delivery, personally, just came off as extremely cliche.
    Enjoyable chapter, if only for that line.

What the... the chapters is out and I was still talking about spoilers.

Anyway, nice chapter. The best part was Haschwalt slicing Ichigo's sword in two pieces.

Page 441 of 502 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491 ... LastLast