Page 453 of 502 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 12529

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

If the Sunglasses Guy created the Zanpaktou he must be one of the oldest Shinigami

Hey, it's Kon again. Anyway, it appears that each of the Squad Zero members were responsible for creating something for SS. Hikifune creating the Gikongan (and her becoming sexy) was a surprise. Seems like we'll learn the history behind the Zanpakutou next chapter. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If the Sunglasses Guy created the Zanpaktou he must be one of the oldest Shinigami
    So yeah.. Basically quite simple what's going to happen here...
    - Ichigo: My katana broke! :'(
    - Renji: My shikai misses a blade toooo! :'(

And waddayano.. They both end up at the place where the guy who created the Zanpaktou lives nowadays, and will go to a technology chick likely afterwards.. HMMMMMMM...
    - Big guy probably made Kido, or something like that which Ichigo never uses but will likely have to start usingforced development...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I didn't care for the "funny" scenes and Kon being there felt sort of redundant, but it seems that Hikifune can lose weight when she loses reiatsu. That's interesting I guess. It was also interesting to learn that each of the Royal Guard members created something in Soul Society and that the next palace is where the guy who invented the Zanpakuto lives. I hope he lives up to the hype.

How do you invent a zanpaktou? This guy must be 5000 years old something, or guys like Yama were just walking around on fire. Does anyone feel like Zero Division is a bit too OP? Being strong is one thing, but inventing the zanpaktou is nigh on ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by multi-scale View Post
    How do you invent a zanpaktou? This guy must be 5000 years old something, or guys like Yama were just walking around on fire. Does anyone feel like Zero Division is a bit too OP? Being strong is one thing, but inventing the zanpaktou is nigh on ridiculous.
    Don't know, perhaps he came up with the original process of talking to one's inner spirit? As for them being OP, not really. Inventing stuff isn't that outrageous. They just seem like older versions of Kisuke.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Now that I think about it, there's a chance that Oetsu created the Sokyoku itself since its released state resembles a phoenix and Oetsu's residence is called the phoenix palace.

Maybe he created the method for binding the souls and swords to each other, or something.

I really, really like the Royal Guards more and more with every chapter. I feel like these five are the most creative characters Kubo's put out in years, and they actually live up to their hype, unlike how a lot of the Espada ended up.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Was hoping for more development on Unohana =|

Ah well. I guess it's gonna be a few more chapters before that. At the very least, we're also on something interesting on this side so no complaints there.

I've been thinking on the "Special War Potentials" list of the Vandenreich some more and I've come to a few speculations.

One, I don't think any of the Royal Guards are on the list. I think their strength is more or less equal to each other overall, so they would be grouped as a separate threat.

Two, I don't think the list is fixed, given that Juhabach offered Aizen the chance to become one without saying that he already was one.

Given that, I'm suspicious of Kenpachi's place on the list. It was clear by how he lost his cool once Yamamoto summoned the skeletons that Royd Lloyd's The Yourself wasn't a flawless ability, because he wasn't perfectly emulating Juhabach's personality. Taking that into account, I wonder if he wasn't mistaken seeing someone called Kenpachi in the copied memories he had access to, and wrongly assumed it was Kenpachi Zaraki who was the War Potential when the real one was Unohana the whole time. Note how after he defeated Kenpachi Royd said that he had overestimated Kenpachi's strength. I think that either Kenpachi is going to be dropped from the list in favor of Unohana or the "Kenpachi" on the list was Unohana all along and Royd was mistaken, because it's likely Unohana was in Yamamoto's death squad 1,000 years ago.

This is the list I'm speculating right now:

-Ichigo
    -Kenpachi/Unohana
    -Isshin/Urahara - I could see either of them being on the list for understandable reasons, but my hunch is they wouldn't both be.
    -Shunsui could be revealed to be one.
    -The fifth slot I think is going to be, on some level, a surprise. It could be Ukitake, given his history, but his illness makes it harder to picture. I have a strange gut feeling Nanao Ise is going to end up being more than she ever appeared to be.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Hallibel's probably the Fifth. It's almost a given. An arrancar has to be, given their involvement with the VR. Plus, kubo could just give her a second release and make her as powerful ukitake.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Hallibel's probably the Fifth. It's almost a given. An arrancar has to be, given their involvement with the VR. Plus, kubo could just give her a second release and make her as powerful ukitake.
    I don't think she's anything special, and didn't Ulquiorra say he was the only Espada with two release states? Besides, if Harribel had another form, she probably would have used it against Hitsugaya and the others.

Well, she could develop it, I mean. I don't think it would be too farfetch'd to say she may have gained one over the 18 month time span, seeing as how powerful grimmjow got.

Very impressive chapter, Kubo has been on a roll. He's been crapping all over the other two big mangas as of lately with this arc!

I've been thinking about it and I think that the people living in the zanpakto maker royal guards kingdom will be the zanpakto spirits themselves. Would be awesome, wouldn't it? We could see Zangetsu, Zabimaru, maybe rukia and byakuya's spirits, and maybe some of the captains, since kubo came up with the designs of the zanpakto spirits in that filler arc, why not use them?
    Yes, Furosuto means Frost in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Don't know, perhaps he came up with the original process of talking to one's inner spirit? As for them being OP, not really. Inventing stuff isn't that outrageous. They just seem like older versions of Kisuke.
    Inventing a zanpaktou seems a bit OP seeing that they've been used since always. Although you're most likely right that there was some other medium he modified or spirit talking. But all of them together being stronger than the entire Gotei 13 is pretty crazy.

Inventing a zanpaktou seems a bit OP seeing that they've been used since always. Although you're most likely right that there was some other medium he modified or spirit talking. But all of them together being stronger than the entire Gotei 13 is pretty crazy.
    It's not really shocking that they're powerful. These are the shinigami who are in charge of protecting the Royal Palace and the Spirit King; they wouldn't be qualified for the job if they were mediocre. I think that the Gotei 13 itself was overhyped to be incredibly powerful yet they obviously weren't powerful enough to defeat the Vandenreich or clever enough to see through their tactics. Now the Royal Guard has to clean up the mess by helping to rebuild the destroyed portions of Seireitei and healing Ichigo and the others.

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The poor soul. May his wallet and pride rest in peace.

And is anybody but me confused to all hell that Ginjo is still alive? Like, he's training Ganju for christ sakes, and nobody bats an eye at him.

Quote Originally Posted by M4zz View Post
    And is anybody but me confused to all hell that Ginjo is still alive? Like, he's training Ganju for christ sakes, and nobody bats an eye at him.
    I don't think he's training Ganju, I think Ganju is training him (and Tsukishima and Girikio).

As for him being alive... well, he is dead, but now he's in Soul Society, so he certainly isn't alive, but...

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

This guy is creeping me the flip out...

I wonder how all the girls are Zanpaktou..it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I wonder how all the girls are Zanpaktou..it's weird.
    Explanation: Kubo wanted random fanservice.

Nothing else.

Huh. So does that mean that zankpakutou filler arc will become somewhat canon?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Another light-hearted chapter until the end when Oetsu destroyed Ichigo and Renji's Zanpakuto. I guess they'll have to come face to face with their Zanpakuto spirits next.

I'm hoping yes and no. I just don't like renji's zanpaktou.

Page 453 of 502 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463 ... LastLast