Page 474 of 501 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484 ... LastLast
Results 11,826 to 11,850 of 12501

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

Wonder how Hitsugaya will do without his Bankai. Hopefully going back to the basics made him a lot stronger or he is about to get wrecked.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Wonder how Hitsugaya will do without his Bankai. Hopefully going back to the basics made him a lot stronger or he is about to get wrecked.
    Apparently has his Ice-powers back.. And trained them to toplevels.. Kinda like Goku and Gohan training their Super Saiyan formes to higher strengths rather then just relying on further power-ups.

But to put things short in my opinion:

BLEACH is BACK! AND STILL SUCKY!

Gotta love a two month break ending with a sub par chapter. Good lord, if I weren't this invested in this series I would've dropped it.
    Last edited by Locormus; 5th September 2013 at 3:10 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

We waited a month to see Kubo recap what he did last chapter

edit: and a colorspread
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

Quote Originally Posted by demnz View Post
    We waited a month to see Kubo recap what he did last chapter

edit: and a colorspread
    Two months.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Gotta admit that Kurotsuchi was looking fabulous though.

While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Two months.. -.-
    Was it 2? I thought it was just a 5 week break. Well either way, Kubo should be ashamed.

Gotta admit that Kurotsuchi was looking fabulous though.
    Kubo was just too lazy to give him detailed clothing. But who could blame him? He was all pooped out from the color spread

hello

I'm surprised some people didn't like the chapter. I thought it did a good job setting up some fights. Obviously there's still a lot that has to be covered, but this was a good first step. Hopefully Kubo will be able to balance the stuff at the Royal Palace with the fights in Soul Society so that we get equal portions of both story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm surprised some people didn't like the chapter. I thought it did a good job setting up some fights. Obviously there's still a lot that has to be covered, but this was a good first step. Hopefully Kubo will be able to balance the stuff at the Royal Palace with the fights in Soul Society so that we get equal portions of both story lines.
    I mean the first half of the chapter was just stuff that already happened. The place disappearing and people screaming WHAAAATS GOING ONNNNN. I got enough of that before the break and was expecting some advancement. Also, why on earth did the quincies reveal how they did it? Wouldn't it be a smarter battle strategy to save it and keep it secret, in case they need to use that to escape should something go wrong?

That's mainly why I was disappointed. I was expecting a longer chapter that would advance the plot. You didn't need a 2 month break to give us that.

hello

I mean the first half of the chapter was just stuff that already happened. The place disappearing and people screaming WHAAAATS GOING ONNNNN. I got enough of that before the break and was expecting some advancement. Also, why on earth did the quincies reveal how they did it? Wouldn't it be a smarter battle strategy to save it and keep it secret, in case they need to use that to escape should something go wrong?

That's mainly why I was disappointed. I was expecting a longer chapter that would advance the plot. You didn't need a 2 month break to give us that.
    He's preparing for the final arc in general not just one chapter.

Quincies doesn't mind even the enemies knows it i'm guessing that quincies are too arrogant as they have already beaten the captain once to the ground.
    Plus the author is preparing for the final battle since it's the final arc and after that bleach will officially end.
    Self made banner

Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon in Percy Jackson & Heroes of Olympus Series
    Currently reading Mark of Athena book.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    How exactly does screaming "WHATS GOING ON" for half a chapter [when he already did that at the end of the last chapter] prepare this final arc? Haven't we already been in the final arc? I saw no preparation at all... feel free to point it out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ɹoʇǝɐɹd View Post
    Quincies doesn't mind even the enemies knows it i'm guessing that quincies are too arrogant as they have already beaten the captain once to the ground.
    Plus the author is preparing for the final battle since it's the final arc and after that bleach will officially end.
    I don't buy it. That's like a supervillain monologuing his plan to a superhero just because. It's cliche'd and dumb.

hello

I sincerely hope that Unohana is still alive somehow and that she makes a miraculous return. I just think it sucks how she had to "die" just to help Kenpachi get stronger. And also, I heard that Kira was supposedly confirmed as deceased by one of Kubo's editors, which sucks if true. Nobody mourned him after the first Vandenreich assault so I'm hoping he's not really dead and will also make a sudden comeback.

I sincerely hope that Unohana is still alive somehow and that she makes a miraculous return. I just think it sucks how she had to "die" just to help Kenpachi get stronger. And also, I heard that Kira was supposedly confirmed as deceased by one of Kubo's editors, which sucks if true. Nobody mourned him after the first Vandenreich assault so I'm hoping he's not really dead and will also make a sudden comeback.
    I meannnn I don't think she really contributed to the story before this...

Also, I don't like how the zero squad was there the whole time. Even if their job is to protect the king or whatever, if the whole society is in danger of ceasing to exist, don't you think it'd be good to help out? Idk.

hello

Well I enjoyed it, a pretty nice set-up chapter. Loved the explanation to how the Quincys were coming and going, and Mayuri's new look.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Also, I don't like how the zero squad was there the whole time. Even if their job is to protect the king or whatever, if the whole society is in danger of ceasing to exist, don't you think it'd be good to help out? Idk.
    Kubo did admit to making it up as he went along. We still haven't seen Grimmjow. I mean that mysterious person from Hueco Mundo.

Kubo did admit to making it up as he went along.
    As if it wasn't super obvious already :/

hello

As if it wasn't super obvious already :/
    If Bleach had ended after the Aizen conflict, I wouldn't have as many complaints as I do about the series. Now I'm too far in to just drop it.

If Bleach had ended after the Aizen conflict, I wouldn't have as many complaints as I do about the series. Now I'm too far in to just drop it.
    IMO, Bleach started getting bad after Soul Society. Arrancar and Hueco Mundo were OK, but I agree it should have ended. My only main issue with Hueco Mundo was how Ichigo went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and trained. Such a cop out. Fullbring was the worst ever too.

hello

Fullbring was the worst ever too.
    You can't overpower a character to hell and back, then expect it to be perfectly fine to make him weak as all hell the very next arc. I grow with the character, so when he lost his power I just assumed the series to be over. It should have been.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

It felt like one step forward and two steps back. Along with weird choices in narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    And in that single chapter, it's just become tediously obvious that we're looking at another arc that's exactly like the FKT-arc:
    - Fighting starts out with characters being set up against each other while the setting is partially mindflupping.
    - Ichigo is off training/fighting/getting upgrades somewhere else and will return when the majority of the enemies have been slaughtered but have been making a comeback against the allied forces.
    - Ichigo proceeds to kick Quincy butt and has a final standoff to finish it all.

I can just predict the Hueco Mundo-squad making a 'Vizard'-like entrance as well, well before Ichigo/Abarai/Byakuya arrive... It's just that darn obvious. The only difference is that this time one of the Bleakama's is on the enemies side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    You can't overpower a character to hell and back, then expect it to be perfectly fine to make him weak as all hell the very next arc. I grow with the character, so when he lost his power I just assumed the series to be over. It should have been.
    To be honest, we all knew we were still going to get the 'Isshin'-arc.. And thus Quincies.. That much was obvious, the question was rather if Kubo decided to drop it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    But seriously, I feel like anything could have been better than that Fullbring arc.

hello

I meannnn I don't think she really contributed to the story before this...

She's one of my favorite Captains and Kubo did hype her up as one of the strongest both in the databooks and in the series itself. The fact that she had to be killed off to make another character stronger was a waste of her character (not to mention a bit misogynistic too imo), which is why I hope Kubo has something else planned for her.

I liked this chapter too. Maybe it's because of the long hiatus, but then again, I don't like the manga that much.

I'm surprised that were getting right into the action, though it's probably just a starting fight because it's definitely not a gigantic inclusive fight that Bleach likes to end with. I'm also surprised that Hitsugaya still has ice powers even though his bankai is sealed.

I also love the title page/poster for the final arc so much.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I thought the beginning of this week's chapter was redundant. Like yeah, it's great that Omaeda showed his brave side, but it didn't contribute anything to the chapter imo. I loved that Toshiro relied on Rangiku's shikai though. Usually the Captains are so arrogant that they want to fight on their own but at least Toshiro asked Rangiku to support his shikai with her own. Of course Bazz-B probably isn't done for yet, but it was progress.

That's it? One chapter and it's already time for the counterattack?

What happened to proper pacing and all that?

Oh well. At least they "beat" Bazz-B with the power of science.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 10th September 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Page 474 of 501 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484 ... LastLast