Page 488 of 499 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 12468

Thread: Bleach Manga (many spoilers) discussion

So Rukia definitely finished him off, good. Wish it had been done without the confidence boost, but glad that Rukia has actually gotten a straight win. Now we just need to see something from Isane and Yachiru, mainly Yachiru, and this arc will be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSteve View Post
    Not sure what it did to kill As Nodt but I don't care, he's dead... I hope.
    It flash froze everything around her, including him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Rukia's bankai really does seem to have a fatal flaw. Since she essentially freezes herself as well when she releases it, she's basically a sitting duck if Hakka no Togame's ability doesn't win her the battle immediately. That's why I think Toshiro's Daiguren Hyōrinmaru is the superior ice type bankai. At least it doesn't have a negative effect like Rukia's.
    Given the appearance range, she would only be in danger if someone came in after it was used, though it's not exactly clear for how long. Anyway, I would have to disagree. Toshiro's lack a negative effect, but it's also much easier for opponents to deal with, whereas Rukia's is basically an instant win.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

RIP As Nodt. Your fight wasn't that interesting but you made a lasting impression.

This new fight against V came out of nowhere. I'm glad it's not Renji again though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Given the appearance range, she would only be in danger if someone came in after it was used, though it's not exactly clear for how long. Anyway, I would have to disagree. Toshiro's lack a negative effect, but it's also much easier for opponents to deal with, whereas Rukia's is basically an instant win.
    I suppose you're right about the range; if Hakka no Togame's effect is successful then there wouldn't be any enemies in the surrounding area to attack Rukia, at least not for a while. Byakuya arrived quite quickly though, which worries me; if a fast opponent arrived before Rukia thawed out, then she'd be in trouble.

Anyway, I would have to disagree. Toshiro's lack a negative effect, but it's also much easier for opponents to deal with, whereas Rukia's is basically an instant win.
    This is hard to compare since Rukia JUST achieved Bankai. Hitsugaya has a slew of abilities he can use, none of which are that easy to deal with. He can create an ice clone to fool the enemy, freeze them and let them die slowly, or crash tons of ice pillars into them from all around, among other things. Rukia's Bankai is very similar to Soi Fon's Bankai to me. If the opponent isn't finished off in one blow then she's in trouble.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I am so happy to see I was right that Rukia had bankai. I really would love to see it in action though. I love her new form but I still felt the chapter was a little bit disappointing. Does anyone think she will be seen again soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I am so happy to see I was right that Rukia had bankai. I really would love to see it in action though. I love her new form but I still felt the chapter was a little bit disappointing. Does anyone think she will be seen again soon?
    What more is there to see? Apparently her bankai freezes her surroundings instantly. I don't think there's more to her bankai than that especially since she probably hasn't had time to fully master it yet. We may see it again, but I don't expect it to be advantageous to her in the future. I just think that after a bankai has debuted, it generally loses its effectiveness in subsequent battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I suppose you're right about the range; if Hakka no Togame's effect is successful then there wouldn't be any enemies in the surrounding area to attack Rukia, at least not for a while. Byakuya arrived quite quickly though, which worries me; if a fast opponent arrived before Rukia thawed out, then she'd be in trouble.
    Well to be fair, Byakuya is pretty much the top tier of speed, only behind Yoruichi and maybe Ichigo. And he seemingly knew what was gonna happen, granting him foreknowledge to move away and come back. And like I said before, it's not all that clear on how much time it took from beginning to end. As Nodt seem to have been frozen and killed upon the manifestation of the Bankai, and Rukia "defrosted" within the time it took Byakuya to have a conversation with her. So it's not clear how long Rukia would be vulnerable for, or whether she's incapable of using that attack again while in that state.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    This is hard to compare since Rukia JUST achieved Bankai. Hitsugaya has a slew of abilities he can use, none of which are that easy to deal with. He can create an ice clone to fool the enemy, freeze them and let them die slowly, or crash tons of ice pillars into them from all around, among other things. Rukia's Bankai is very similar to Soi Fon's Bankai to me. If the opponent isn't finished off in one blow then she's in trouble.
    Wouldn't that put it more in favor for Rukia, since she was capable of defeating a Sternritter using Vollstandig with a Bankai she just achieved, whereas Toshiro could barely handle Cang Du with a boost, who still broke out upon using Vollstandig?

So far every opponent that Toshiro has faced with his Bankai has been able to handle it. In fact, the only character I believe Toshiro has outright beaten with it was a Fraccion. Anyway, the difference being though is that unlike Soifon's Bankai which is a specific shot, Rukia's Bankai affects the entire area around her, for at least some distances. Any opponent would would be able to avoid that and take her down is likely gonna be capable of the same with Toshiro.

Wouldn't that put it more in favor for Rukia, since she was capable of defeating a Sternritter using Vollstandig with a Bankai she just achieved, whereas Toshiro could barely handle Cang Du with a boost, who still broke out upon using Vollstandig?
    No, because we don't know how the Sternritters strength compares to each other like we do with the Soul Society.

So far every opponent that Toshiro has faced with his Bankai has been able to handle it. In fact, the only character I believe Toshiro has outright beaten with it was a Fraccion. Anyway, the difference being though is that unlike Soifon's Bankai which is a specific shot, Rukia's Bankai affects the entire area around her, for at least some distances. Any opponent would would be able to avoid that and take her down is likely gonna be capable of the same with Toshiro.
    Not necessarily. Because Rukia's Bankai is one shot (or so it seems) she HAS to end them in that one shot. Hitsugaya has a lot more to work with. Even if they dodge one move, he has three others he could use.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

No, because we don't know how the Sternritters strength compares to each other like we do with the Soul Society.
    That argument could be made if we were merely talking about base mode, but we're not. There is no possible way that Cang is stronger in base mode then As Nodt in Vollstandig. Not to mention that As Nodt was already shown as strong as a captain.

Not necessarily. Because Rukia's Bankai is one shot (or so it seems) she HAS to end them in that one shot. Hitsugaya has a lot more to work with. Even if they dodge one move, he has three others he could use.
    The point is still that all his moves are not instant wins, and can be dealt with by this level of opponents. We've seen them handled by captain-level opponents who weren't going all out in some cases (Harribel and Cang). It doesn't matter how many moves one has if none of them can grant the win.

Thank you based Kubo! Finally Yachiru gets a Shikai, and **** it's creepy.

that was so bad ***.... Yachiru the TRUE supreme.

Ok, so Kempachi didn't like Yachiru fighting and that's the reason she didn't fight. She is one badass. If she has a bankia, I will be pissed that she just started fighting now.

This fight is pretty interesting I hope Kenpachi doesn't end up appearing I think Yachiru should be able to finish this herself.

75% of the chapter was just that Sternritter guy bragging about his ability and Yachiru attacking him out of instinct. I liked her shikai though. It's about time we saw it. I wish Isane had done more, but I guess there's still a chance for Kubo to redeem her before Kenpachi arrives to solo the Sternritter.

Love how Gwenael Lee felt threatened by a child throwing punches. I like Yachiru's bankai/shikai though.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Acting on reflex... that sounds a lot like Unohana vs Kenpachi

Sanpo Kenju is awesome.
    Here's hoping that Yachiru and Isane would actually be able to defeat V on their own, but chances are Kenpachi will butt in sometime sooner or later.

Cue Vollstandig next chapter. I wonder what V's powers will be then. Maybe something that erases your existence.

Yachiru was awesome this chapter. I really Gwenael survives or counters so we can see her fight more. Sad that Isane was still useless.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Cue VollstaIdig next chapter. I wonder what V's powers will be then. Maybe something that erases your existence.
    I kind of hope that the Sternritter doesn't use Vollstandig yet. I hope he recovers and Isane gets a chance to fight him and then for Kenpachi to appear two chapters from now to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Acting on reflex... that sounds a lot like Unohana vs Kenpachi

Sanpo Kenju is awesome.
    Here's hoping that Yachiru and Isane would actually be able to defeat V on their own, but chances are Kenpachi will butt in sometime sooner or later.

Cue Vollstandig next chapter. I wonder what V's powers will be then. Maybe something that erases your existence.
    What I was really surprised about, is that this guy hasn't been 'erasing' his damage from 'existence'... Instant heal!

Yachiru was awesome this chapter. I really Gwenael survives or counters so we can see her fight more. Sad that Isane was still useless.
    I never really cared about Isane, one of the many unrelatable characters in Bleach.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I never really cared about Isane, one of the many unrelatable characters in Bleach.
    Well that's because she's done practically nothing so far except hang around Unohana. But given that Kubo finally had Yachiru use her zanpakuto, I'm hoping that Isane is next in line to do something for once. She's finally getting screen-time so Kubo better make the most of it before he inevitably brings Kenpachi into the fight.

What I was really surprised about, is that this guy hasn't been 'erasing' his damage from 'existence'... Instant heal!
    His abilities make him disappear from the visual, audio and mental tracts of the victim, but he himself is still there. Which means, by extension, that he can't heal himself using his ability - it's an illusion, not time travel.

Seconded.

Yikes so it seems like Rose and Kensei might be dead..they really don't have much use anymore so I guess it's whatever.

Yay! Yachiru finally gets a fight!...and she doesn't even get to finish it, gets defeated by the person who does, and has to be saved by Kenny.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yay! Yachiru finally gets a fight!...and she doesn't even get to finish it, gets defeated by the person who does, and has to be saved by Kenny.

Great.
    Eh. The guy Yachiru was fighting wasn't that strong to begin with, especially with a power that sucks against pure instinct fighters like Yachiru, so I can forgive another guy butting in.

Wow, one of the most badass characters in Bleach is now supposedly dead. Bring on Kenpachi Zaraki.

Page 488 of 499 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498 ... LastLast