Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Electrike Company (510)

It was ok filler.
    I mean the training was pretty funny and Eletirke sounded so cute Now I want one for myself
    At least it showed how Brock no's what he's going
    And that other breeder now knows to be nice to electirc types and use the right brush lol

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

It was ok filler.
    I mean the training was pretty funny and Eletirke sounded so cute Now I want one for myself
    At least it showed how Brock no's what he's going
    And that other breeder now knows to be nice to electirc types and use the right brush lol

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

I also rank this as one of the 5 worse episodes....it just sucked.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This episode felt rather average to me. Would have perhaps been better if Luxio had made its debut here instead, but oh well. James and Meowth ended up blasting off despite the fact they did nothing wrong and actually helped Ash and Co in this episode. And Jessie threw a fit over her "woes". The background music was nice but it just felt bland to me.

it was a decent episode but it could be better in my opinion,
    it was fun to see electrike however.

My favorite episode of all...Electrike is one of my favorite Electric pokemon...Manectic is also really awesome
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    shinx/luxio could have easily replaced electrike
    Haven't we seen enough of the darn thunder cats? Seriously, what's the problem with having a few other-gen Pokemon mixed into the Sinnoh region? If there were ONLY Sinnoh Pokemon in the Sinnoh region, the games and anime would fail. Besides Electrike family > Shinx family any day. Why do you think they replaced the Luxio tribe in PMD:T/D with an Electrike tribe in PMD:EotS?

This is an episode that would feel like a total waste of time if it weren't for a few wonderful character moments. I'm speaking of the human characters, as while Electrike is a cool little Pokemon that didn't get enough love in Hoenn, I don't care for its role here too much. For starters, the fact that Takeshi lifts a finger is noteworthy. For as little actual breeding as we see him do, it's nice to see him take up a mentor position in the field for once. However, Kojiro and Nyasu are the episode's highlights, and while it's not the first time we've seen them rebel against Musashi, it always marks a great TR character turn of events.

Granted, the episode is very thin and run-of-the-mill in terms of plot. When you strip away the great character moments, you are essentially left with a Johto filler. COTD with problem, Pokemon has issues, gang helps out, TR steals Pokemon, Pokemon gathers strength and defeats TR, problem solved. Basically the standard formula complaint that people continue to use based on the occasional episode like this (in spite of the fact that this type of formula is rarer than it had been in prior sagas, you fandom brain surgeons...). And considering how the last Electrike we saw also evolved, I could have done without Manectric here. This is not a bad episode by any means, but you're better off following the character interaction rather than the story.

C
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    The episode was just another dumb filler. There isn't a 4th generation Pokemon featured in it. It just only features last generation's Pokemon, Electrike.
    I completely agree with you. The writers could have replaced Electrike/Manectric with Shinx/Luxio. I also believe that this episode should have aired a few seasons ago, when Ash & Brock were traveling with May and Max. What a bummer. In my opinion, this is one of the worst episodes of this season.
    4/10

This was one of the least entertaining fillers so far in the DP arc. The only thing I really liked about it was when James and Meowth decided to help the goodguys and helped stop Jessie from interfering.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Worst. Filler. In. Sinnoh. Ever. I mean that very seriously. This episode wasn't very fun at all, especially since they chose a boring Generation 3 Pokemon like Electrike to showcase rather than a new Pokemon or something with a little more bit in it. The plot didn't really interest me as a result. I really hope this is a once in a lifetime thing. 2/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th November 2010 at 6:44 PM.

Electrike was very shy, but eventualy it was brave enough.

And i loved that Pachirisu got some screentime.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was alright. Outside of Electrike training nothing else really happened. But I'm glad Manectric made an appearance because I like it.

I don't think it was a really bad episode. I liked how James and Meowth was taunting Electrike and Ash was like "I am getting out of here!"
    I think this is the second time Jessie tried to do something on her own like this (The other one being when Misty captured Poliwag, James and Meowth didn't want to attack them because Misty helped them). It was nice to see Electrike evolve as well.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I don't like this episode either. Except from the training, I think the only part was Electrike's evolution.
    As for Manectric - its voice was just awful.

I did not like James and Meowth turning on Jessie...

This episode was ok... It was cool to see an Elektrike again. It was funny when Ash and TR in suits with a Target on the back, and moved around trying to get Elektrike to be able to be on target with its Thunderbolt Attack. It was a cool way of training, charging up with Charge and then Being able to direct its Thunderbolt attack. It was cool for Elektrike to evolve into a Manectric and pass the test. It was funny during the motto when the music stopped every time James' line came up.

31/100

Quote Originally Posted by saar View Post
    I don't like this episode either. Except from the training, I think the only part was Electrike's evolution.
    As for Manectric - its voice was just awful.
    Oh, you mean Bill Rogers. I think he was good doing Manectric's voice.

Not the best filler episode, aside from a few good moments from James and Meowth.The same plot still being rehashed to death is what made this episode bad in general. I thought it was going to be focused on Brock. What a shame to be honest. Considering Jaco was a breeder, Brock should have stepped up to the plate instead of Ash hogging all the limelight again.

I felt really bad for Ash being constantly zapped here, and I found Electrike to be too unappealing physically to be interesting tbh. I liked that Dawn's Pachirisu was used during target practice though and I liked seeing TR's Magikarp submarine again as well as James and Meowth helping Electrike. Jessie going solo against Manectric near the end was great as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123